Anime & Manga Dragon Maid-- watched it?

Leyara

that was a 6 year hiatus, woops
I skipped over this one for a while because I assumed it would be another monster girl fetish thing.
But turns out it's actually legitimately hilarious and cute
and my fiance's favorite show Hahaha

If you haven't watched it, do so (if you're down for cutesy characters) < 3
tumblr_ojn1tuyaaE1qk6z3co2_500.gif

If you have, let us discuss the fun of this show
but please do hide spoilers into spoiler tags!
If you don't like this anime, be friendly please =D

--EDIT:
Oh yeah, if you haven't seen it
there's definitely pedophilic ecchi in there. I ignore it, cause everything else is good. But some might not feel right about that sort of content.
(yes I know it's normal in anime, I'm just trying to be courteous)

Last edited:
I think the only thing keeping me back from giving this one a try is the yuri elements.

I actually keep eyeballing this anime, so I chose Nanbaka over Dragon Maid. Dragon Maid just seems like it would be slightly cringy for me. What is it about, just someone saving the dragon and it works as the maid?

I actually keep eyeballing this anime, so I chose Nanbaka over Dragon Maid. Dragon Maid just seems like it would be slightly cringy for me. What is it about, just someone saving the dragon and it works as the maid?
I thought it was going to be cringy and needlessly perverse, like most anime. But it turns out to be much more silly and cute. At least, for me personally. Probably better to watch and see if the style fits you or not.
The main character likes maids ( just in general she's obsessed with them). So one day she gets drunk up in the mountains, finds this dragon whom she helps and then drunkenly invites the dragon to live with her as a maid.
forgetting all of this the next day, of course.

I've heard good things about it from some friends but have kind of been avoiding watching it since the creator's background made me very uncomfortable and turned me completely off to the show.

(It's probably pretty funny though since people keep talking about it.)

I've heard good things about it from some friends but have kind of been avoiding watching it off since the creator's background made me very uncomfortable and turned me completely off to the show.

(It's probably pretty funny though since people keep talking about it.)
woah, really? I don't usually follow creators (woops) so I don't know anything about them!

woah, really? I don't usually follow creators (woops) so I don't know anything about them!
It took me a bit to find it but here. This thing I found while randomly browsing Tumblr made me want to avoid the series. You can skim through it if you want to.

It took me a bit to find it but here. This thing I found while randomly browsing Tumblr made me want to avoid the series. You can skim through it if you want to.
Ooooh, right. I am much less surprised after reading most of that. To be honest, the content that they've mentioned (without mentioning spoilers on here) IS DEFINITELY something that rose my brow. But it was something, like most anime that has some weird content I'm not always okay with, I just ignore it. I probably shouldn't. lol
But there's definitely some parts with those two that made me ask out loud, "How do they get away with this??"

I should probably warn people of this before saying "go watch the show" >>

Idk, there is a lot of weird stuff in anime. Even if it seems pedophiliac, nobody is actually having sex. It's a little echii, like some animes tend to be. I would just place a slight "echii warning" . But honestly I've seen way worse animes that are based around sexual comedy.

Well yeah, I'm not saying it's a terrible show cause of it. I just plopped a warning because I do know some people are very much not okay with that specific kind of content, because this one does take it a bit far for american standards.
It's a by-opinion thing, and personally I can get over it and watch it, because that's what I've been doing =)

Dragon Maid is great. I was really excited to hear it was gonna be animated because it's cute as hell and more yuri is always good. KyoAni's doing a great job with it.

Elma a best

maxresdefault.jpg

I think the comedy aspect to the show is perfect for my tastes
I have a chuckle at most comedic anime, but this one has had my boss and I literally cracking up on the couch like lunatics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back