• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dragon Heist (remix) 5e - Full

Alright! I think I've completed it fully now. Also, I'm thinking of going Glamour Bard, fyi.
you only listed 1 of your 2 cantrips. So what are you picking to go with minor illusion? My guess is the bard classic of vicious mockery.

Yes, viscous mockery is a great spell
myrkwise myrkwise Yep! There was one more spot. A bard would be cool. Are you still wanting to run with them?

It's certainly possible that any of the PCs could have known Volo and were told to meet him in the Yawning Portal to get a job from him. The other option is to know a regular at the tavern who basically helps set up the connection. I'd provide some faces to choose from in that case.

As for the Grand Game, it isn't quite as political as the blurb might imply, haha, or at least this one isn't. Since this is custom lore...

Periodically throughout Waterdeep’s history the byzantine factions of the city — or some significant subset thereof — will become collectively fixated upon some objective. Thus will begin a Grand Game.

Sometimes the goal of a Grand Game will be arcane. Often it is clandestine, although quite public struggles are not unknown. (On no less than three occasions the Grand Game has revolved around the appointment of the Open Lord.) Whatever the case, the intense rivalries of the Grand Game give birth to all forms of subterfuge, covert activities, deception, and intrigue.

In this case, the Grand Game's goal is to find a large sum of gold. Possible motivations for participating will come up if in part to help those who might not have a reason to participate outright. One of them would be applicable to someone who wants to do right by Waterdeep.

But knowing that probably doesn't help your character immediately, haha. It's unlikely any of the characters would be aware that a Grand Game is happening until later.

🤔 Helm could have given a vision about the gang warfare that has recently been plaguing Waterdeep. I'm not 100% certain if it would be a strong enough hook before the Grand Game really comes into play, but I could slide into your PMs and we can talk about it if you want, see if it'll work. Rymm being at odds with her paladin order also sounds pretty fun, even if it alone might not help your plotting with Rex. I don't have alternative ideas offhand for why Rymm would be seeking help, but I can mull it over some.

Ilikepie Ilikepie Lovely! I'll PM you tonight or tomorrow about your backstory so we can work out details.
Oh! I just kind of assumed the Grand Game was just about control over Waterdeep. Dang, right well I should have looked it up huh. And yeah, doing right by the citizens of Waterdeep sounds good to her.

And yeah being at odds with her Order could be fun. I doubt it come up outside of dialogue and the impact it has on her personally, but it's still a nice backstory thing.

Hmmm, I don't think gang warfare is something Helm would send her a message 'bout. Some sort of supernatural stuff is more the sorta thing she has trained to deal with.
Btw, all I am thinking Rymm has is just a vague idea of 'Waterdeep' without knowing anything else, and she has sorta just been bumming around Waterdeep trying to find out what she's supposed to do - hence her finding out about Bastle ( D. Rex D. Rex ). And then eventually taking the job for Volo. She doesn't even know for sure if it was sent by Helm (though it 'feels' like Helm and who else would send her vague prophetic directions in her dreams?). So you don't need to tell me what Helm (probably) sent her over to do. I think whatever the main plot is would likely work? But, if not, I am fine their not being a a prophecy dream if you can't think of anything. She could be in Waterdeep for plenty of other reasons. Still, PM me if you want to discuss something about it

Heh, maybe he sent her over to reconnect with her twin? (Yeah, no, that's him taking waaay too much of a personal interest in her. She is nowhere near important enough for Helm to try fix her family life!)

Fun fact: when I ran a Waterdeep campaign, one of my players was a paladin of Helm, who would occasionally send him visions. It was mostly "don't be a bad person" kind of things.

And then the paladin straight up executed a dude (twice, actually!). Helm wasn't exactly happy.

This part of my background feature "Additionally, local law enforcement has firm opinions about you, viewing you as either a nuisance or one of their own." is going to interesting to see play out.

Heh, magical scp foundation agent. Thank you, I like that description.

So 1) could definitely be fun with the whole cat and mouse dynamic. But it'd might be hard to pull off well.
3) Is very ruthless, I like it. To use and dispose is perhaps a bit too ruthless for what I had in mind for the paladin, but honestly I am tempted to go with it anyway.

So what I had in mind when I suggested this was closest to 2. (Btw I think her problem would mostly be with Bastle using the genie and wishing his way into being a noble, then with the genie itself which she'd probably just banish (with a scroll because she is level one)) So basically it's same thing with a slight change in motive for Rymm (her last name. I've just decided that she usually goes by it, because I haven't thought of of a first name and a last name has been conveniently given to me. I mean going by a last name suits her I recon). So Bastle is charming enough so she doesn't immediately turn him in (maybe his concern for his genie convinced her?) and then she thinks of two more reasons why maybe shouldn't. Part of her doesn't think Bastle becoming a noble of waterdeep via wish is really any worse then ways waterdeeps nobles usually gain their rank (namely, wealth and political backstabbing) - if he proves to be good with power would it really be that bad? The Wish has already been cast after all, as long as he doesn't do it again things should be fine.
And the second reason, is that she needs help. I decided the reason she couldn't get help from her paladin order was because she is not exactly on good turns with most of them. Likely, thanks to her flexibility on some matters and because her methods are starting to border on amoral (she'd willingly threaten to torture someone, though she wouldn't actually follow through with it). Or maybe instead of being on bad terms with her Order, she just recons she needs to get people with more diverse talents to help her with her task.
Now why does she need help? I don't know. I was hoping the the plot hook would work, but helping Volo isn't really something she'd think she'd need backup for (though she'd probably get Bastle to tag along to test his character and see how the work together.) Maybe she received vague dreams from Helm that stuff is going to go down at Waterdeep. What exactly, she doesn't know.

Maybe we should just go with your version of 2. By that I mean, cut the whole Rymm wanting help for some reason and have it just be Bastle who convinces her to give him chance. It's lot less complicated. Oh but like add in 'Okay, let's see if you are worthy of that title' to Rymm's reasoning. I think ze DM's opinion is important here A Sparkling Zombie A Sparkling Zombie , do you want to indulge my slightly convoluted bs or nah? Do you think it fits with what you have planned or not? Do you want to have Rymm have vague prophetic dreams from her god?

I do kind of like the idea of her being in an "on her own" sort of deal. Be it for whatever reason, her fault or theirs. That also ties her to the party, needing them. But also gives us some potential side arcs if we ever wanted to dive into it.

But! One thing that crossed my mind. What if she had come to Waterdeep seeking someone or something. Like a warlock or a demon or something. Could be the visions you mention! About a disaster in this town that you might be able to prevent. And you are hoping to stop it. Maybe your faith in the vision is what gets you in trouble?

Regardless, you hunt leads you to suspecting and eventually discovering Bastle. Rymm is convinced He or his genie couldn't possibly be the target of the vision. Maybe. Probably. Doesnt mean she'll just let him off the hook that easily though.

And while she hates to admit it, without the support of the order, things are getting pretty hard. Funds run low. Too much work and too little time. No leads. Maybe, just maybe, just this once, she could "ask" for assistance. Though who would be in the debt of whom? Himto her for her not killing him and the genie? Or her to him for him helping her? Or maybe Rymm goes tsundere and her way of asking for help is empty threats of torture and coercion saying "this doesn't mean I owe you or anything baka"

But whats Rymm like? Whats her personality like and how does she think? So that we can more narrow what hooks we can sink and schemes we can plot in the ways of connecting her char and stuff? This way we can narrow things down to fit her better.

Last edited:
Stars Above Stars Above

Another option being. While still incorporating Rymm's problems with her order, that the relation ship between her and bastle starts at 3 (ruthless), but through a bit of charm and seeing his character fiber, it becomes more of the 2 as we play.

Sorry! I might be another night or two. I got a new monitor and I guess my eyes aren't used to it, not helped by the fact that staring at a screen for eight hours a day is my job. 🙃 I'm probably going to have to stay away from the computer for a night and let them rest.

I'll create a character thread this weekend. Is anyone opposed to Discord? If anyone is, we'll stick to an OOC thread. Otherwise, I'll create a Discord server.

Sorry! I might be another night or two. I got a new monitor and I guess my eyes aren't used to it, not helped by the fact that staring at a screen for eight hours a day is my job. 🙃 I'm probably going to have to stay away from the computer for a night and let them rest.

I'll create a character thread this weekend. Is anyone opposed to Discord? If anyone is, we'll stick to an OOC thread. Otherwise, I'll create a Discord server.
I'm not opposed to discord or a ooc thread here. I'm fine with either.

I'm good with discord!

Hi, so I am going to (continue to be) busy for at least two more days. I'll reply to everyone I need to once I am free.

I am also okay with discord for OOC, but no voice chat.

Last edited:
Sorry for the wait! Go ahead and post your sheet, or the link to your sheet, in the character thread.

And we'll stick with an OOC thread.

Once all of the sheets are done, we'll get started, maybe by next weekend.

I think I might owe a response or two here, and I'll get to that in a while.

Hmmm, I don't think gang warfare is something Helm would send her a message 'bout. Some sort of supernatural stuff is more the sorta thing she has trained to deal with.
Btw, all I am thinking Rymm has is just a vague idea of 'Waterdeep' without knowing anything else, and she has sorta just been bumming around Waterdeep trying to find out what she's supposed to do - hence her finding out about Bastle ( D. Rex D. Rex ). And then eventually taking the job for Volo. She doesn't even know for sure if it was sent by Helm (though it 'feels' like Helm and who else would send her vague prophetic directions in her dreams?). So you don't need to tell me what Helm (probably) sent her over to do. I think whatever the main plot is would likely work? But, if not, I am fine their not being a a prophecy dream if you can't think of anything. She could be in Waterdeep for plenty of other reasons. Still, PM me if you want to discuss something about it

Heh, maybe he sent her over to reconnect with her twin? (Yeah, no, that's him taking waaay too much of a personal interest in her. She is nowhere near important enough for Helm to try fix her family life!)
Heh, true, gang warfare isn't her specialty. It sounds like you have your character's "in" for the start, and I'm struggling to think of a prophetic dream that both seems reasonable for your character and ties into the main arc, but I'll contemplate on it some more and maybe something will come to me before we start. At the least, there can be visions that come up during the story. Her prophetic dream could also be tangential to the main plot if you want to work something in.

Family drama sounds interesting! Even if it might be without divine intervention, lol.

Welp, I've been gone from a bit more then two days eh? Sorry about that y'all, I was busy and I had sorta burnt out as well (more sleep deprivation tbh).
Fun fact: when I ran a Waterdeep campaign, one of my players was a paladin of Helm, who would occasionally send him visions. It was mostly "don't be a bad person" kind of things.

And then the paladin straight up executed a dude (twice, actually!). Helm wasn't exactly happy.
1636940094342.png
This part of my background feature "Additionally, local law enforcement has firm opinions about you, viewing you as either a nuisance or one of their own." is going to interesting to see play out.
I mean, is it really dnd when you're not in trouble with the local town guard?
I do kind of like the idea of her being in an "on her own" sort of deal. Be it for whatever reason, her fault or theirs. That also ties her to the party, needing them. But also gives us some potential side arcs if we ever wanted to dive into it.

But! One thing that crossed my mind. What if she had come to Waterdeep seeking someone or something. Like a warlock or a demon or something. Could be the visions you mention! About a disaster in this town that you might be able to prevent. And you are hoping to stop it. Maybe your faith in the vision is what gets you in trouble?

Regardless, you hunt leads you to suspecting and eventually discovering Bastle. Rymm is convinced He or his genie couldn't possibly be the target of the vision. Maybe. Probably. Doesnt mean she'll just let him off the hook that easily though.

And while she hates to admit it, without the support of the order, things are getting pretty hard. Funds run low. Too much work and too little time. No leads. Maybe, just maybe, just this once, she could "ask" for assistance. Though who would be in the debt of whom? Himto her for her not killing him and the genie? Or her to him for him helping her? Or maybe Rymm goes tsundere and her way of asking for help is empty threats of torture and coercion saying "this doesn't mean I owe you or anything baka"

But whats Rymm like? Whats her personality like and how does she think? So that we can more narrow what hooks we can sink and schemes we can plot in the ways of connecting her char and stuff? This way we can narrow things down to fit her better.
Stars Above Stars Above

Another option being. While still incorporating Rymm's problems with her order, that the relation ship between her and bastle starts at 3 (ruthless), but through a bit of charm and seeing his character fiber, it becomes more of the 2 as we play.
I very much like the 'on her own' deal too! It's what I like the most about the trouble with the paladin order thing.

Hmm, looking for a random npc Warlock or demon or something else could work if Zombie can fit it in... Ditto for preventing some sort of disaster, oh and self-fulfilling prophecies are always fun!

Maybe her vision straight up is about Baste? She chose a less murder-y way of solving the problem (that being making them into a noble deserving of the title), possibly without even realising. She could be absolutely convinced that just must be some ultra evil demon cultist planning on summoning Orcus that she must singlehandedly stop with cunning and great bravery in an epic duel to decide the fate of the world!! When in truth, it's just some guy and his genie friend. I suppose only the DM knows what it's going to be (and if it's even going to be a prophecy in the first place!)

Idk it's like the debts cancel each other out or something, like minus one plus positive one.

Heh, tsundere paladin. I can see her not wanting to show him any affection or be in anyway nice to him. "Murdane be heard, we are not friends! OH CRAP! LOOK OUT BASTE! THERE IS A BAT WITH A BAT COMMING RIGHT AT YOU!" So she certainly isn't the type to throw around threats of torture willy nilly, she isn't that far gone. (That, and it'd make it harder for people to believe her.) It's more something she'd do if she thinks it's the best path forward and if only if the recipient deserves it. I don't think she's going to be full edge, I don't want her to be a fallen paladin (at least not at the start of the RP) she just has a ruthless streak. So no 3 then (it's a fun idea, but it's doesn't really suit what I have in mind for Rymm). Like she will do what must be done, but within reason. She can veer into immoral territory but is still moral enough to try test Baste's character and sees if he is worthy of the purple instead of just like exposing/killing him and banishing the genie. Their dynamic being: the Roguish and Charming Warlock who Aladdin-ed himself into power, is now getting forced into a prove-yourself-quest, by a No-nonsense Paladin who desperately wants help and is trying to make him into a good leader (by blackmailing him into helping her!). Do you like that or?
She doesn't really have much of life outside of work tbh, would definitely draw a blank when asked what her hobbies are. I guess in her free time, I think she enjoys watching plays and likes walking through nature. Honestly just sleeping sounds great to her when she gets the chance. So what's Baste like?
Heh, true, gang warfare isn't her specialty. It sounds like you have your character's "in" for the start, and I'm struggling to think of a prophetic dream that both seems reasonable for your character and ties into the main arc, but I'll contemplate on it some more and maybe something will come to me before we start. At the least, there can be visions that come up during the story. Her prophetic dream could also be tangential to the main plot if you want to work something in.

Family drama sounds interesting! Even if it might be without divine intervention, lol.
Heh, maybe Helm's thought proccess is just "Ah, I see shit is going on in waterdeep. You, there, recruit 423195, go over and do some adventurer stuff and sort it out or whatever"

Maybe her paladin mentor could be dead? So like instead of being ostracized from her order, she is distancing herself because she wants some space? Or, heck, maybe her mentor being dead could be part of the reason she's on bad terms with her paladin order? The circumstances of her Mentor's death could be suspicious enough that their are some, completely unfounded and frankly insulting, rumours that Rymm did her in. That, with her slight ruthless streak and criminal past, could have lead to some in the order thinking that Rymm is on the path to fall. Like there isn't enough to go on that they apprehend her or anything like that, but there is enough suspicion to royally piss off Rymm and create some bad blood.

Last edited:
Welp, I've been gone from a bit more then two days eh? Sorry about that y'all, I was busy and I had sorta burnt out as well (more sleep deprivation tbh).

View attachment 931167

I very much like the 'on her own' deal too! It's what I like the most about the trouble with the paladin order thing.

Hmm, looking for a random npc Warlock or demon or something else could work if Zombie can fit it in... Ditto for preventing some sort of disaster, oh and self-fulfilling prophecies are always fun!

Maybe her vision straight up is about Baste? She chose a less murder-y way of solving the problem (that being making them into a noble deserving of the title), possibly without even realising. She could be absolutely convinced that just must be some ultra evil demon cultist planning on summoning Orcus that she must singlehandedly stop with cunning and great bravery in an epic duel to decide the fate of the world!! When in truth, it's just some guy and his genie friend. I suppose only the DM knows what it's going to be (and if it's even going to be a prophecy in the first place!)

Idk it's like the debts cancel each other out or something, like minus one plus positive one.

Heh, tsundere paladin. I can see her not wanting to show him any affection or be in anyway nice to him. "Murdane be heard, we are not friends! OH CRAP! LOOK OUT BASTE! THERE IS A BAT WITH A BAT COMMING RIGHT AT YOU!" So she certainly isn't the type to throw around threats of torture willy nilly, she isn't that far gone. (That, and it'd make it harder for people to believe her.) It's more something she'd do if she thinks it's the best path forward and if only if the recipient deserves it. I don't think she's going to be full edge, I don't want her to be a fallen paladin (at least not at the start of the RP) she just has a ruthless streak. So no 3 then (it's a fun idea, but it's doesn't really suit what I have in mind for Rymm). Like she will do what must be done, but within reason. She can veer into immoral territory but is still moral enough to try test Baste's character and sees if he is worthy of the purple instead of just like exposing/killing him and banishing the genie. Their dynamic being: the Roguish and Charming Warlock who Aladdin-ed himself into power, is now getting forced into a prove-yourself-quest, by a No-nonsense Paladin who desperately wants help and is trying to make him into a good leader (by blackmailing him into helping her!). Do you like that or?
She doesn't really have much of life outside of work tbh, would definitely draw a blank when asked what her hobbies are. I guess in her free time, I think she enjoys watching plays and likes walking through nature. Honestly just sleeping sounds great to her when she gets the chance. So what's Baste like?

View attachment 931167

Alladin! Now there is quite the idea that gives me quite the idea!

A vision of Bastle and his Genie. It was a vision of disaster, and upon reflection she thinks it may have something to do with them. It was unclear and hard to interpret. What complicates things is that Bastle and the genie really don't seem all that bad. So it could just be a misinterpretation. But they are the closest thing to what she is seeking here. If it isn't them, then who?

Well what if that vision is a premonition of Jafar stealing the genie and using it to evil ends?

As well, I love the tsundere Paladin angle. I think that will be pretty fun to play off of. So I love you idea, let's go with that.

As for Bastle! He is, was, just a humble and lonely fisherman. Low class, lived in a tiny shack outside the city. Poor.

He always dreamed of bigger, wishing he could be like the nobles or adventurers that pass by, but he wasn't unhappy. He likes fishing. That said, he was a friendly and helpful peasant.

Generally upbeat despite low circumstances, he fairly helpful to others around. He didn't make much, but generous type. Such as maybe giving a fish a way here and there, or donating some coins to the church. Even if it put him in a hard spot, he tended to have a "it will all work out" attitude. He also a bit of a story teller, telling unbelievable fish stories and going into more detail than he should at times.

But after becoming a noble, not that much changed. A lot of that carried over. And while he is going to lengths to not be recognized, he still pretty friendly to the lower class, and does genuinely seem to want to use his position to help.

However, he is worried of what might happen if genie is discovered. His new life might come crashing down, or someone might try to steal her (and she doesn't deserve some evil guy taking advantage of her). So he keeps her secret and pretends that he is a sorcerer rather than a warlock.

His genie a jolly one, finds mortals fascinating. However she has a bit of a mischievous streak, in a good natured way. After being locked up alone for so long, really likes to take any excuse to Socialize or pretend to be somebody. So sometimes needs a bit of wrangling when she gets big ideas in her head.

Heh, maybe Helm's thought proccess is just "Ah, I see shit is going on in waterdeep. You, there, recruit 423195, go over and do some adventurer stuff and sort it out or whatever"

Maybe her paladin mentor could be dead? So like instead of being ostracized from her order, she is distancing herself because she wants some space? Or, heck, maybe her mentor being dead could be part of the reason she's on bad terms with her paladin order? The circumstances of her Mentor's death could be suspicious enough that their are some, completely unfounded and frankly insulting, rumours that Rymm did her in. That, with her slight ruthless streak and criminal past, could have lead to some in the order thinking that Rymm is on the path to fall. Like there isn't enough to go on that they apprehend her or anything like that, but there is enough suspicion to royally piss off Rymm and create some bad blood.
Hahaha, that would be kinda hilarious. 'You're close enough! Go take care of that thing!' The divine dispatch.

Her order suspecting that Rymm played a role in her mentor's demise sounds really fun. Are you wanting it to come into play somehow? Or are you just wanting it more for backstory? I don't mind either way. It sounded like you were leaning towards the latter before and I thought I'd double check.

Also, it sounds like you and Rex are talking about a possible NPC. That would be fine. I'm generally happy to play those as you all need.

Alladin! Now there is quite the idea that gives me quite the idea!

A vision of Bastle and his Genie. It was a vision of disaster, and upon reflection she thinks it may have something to do with them. It was unclear and hard to interpret. What complicates things is that Bastle and the genie really don't seem all that bad. So it could just be a misinterpretation. But they are the closest thing to what she is seeking here. If it isn't them, then who?

Well what if that vision is a premonition of Jafar stealing the genie and using it to evil ends?

As well, I love the tsundere Paladin angle. I think that will be pretty fun to play off of. So I love you idea, let's go with that.

As for Bastle! He is, was, just a humble and lonely fisherman. Low class, lived in a tiny shack outside the city. Poor.

He always dreamed of bigger, wishing he could be like the nobles or adventurers that pass by, but he wasn't unhappy. He likes fishing. That said, he was a friendly and helpful peasant.

Generally upbeat despite low circumstances, he fairly helpful to others around. He didn't make much, but generous type. Such as maybe giving a fish a way here and there, or donating some coins to the church. Even if it put him in a hard spot, he tended to have a "it will all work out" attitude. He also a bit of a story teller, telling unbelievable fish stories and going into more detail than he should at times.

But after becoming a noble, not that much changed. A lot of that carried over. And while he is going to lengths to not be recognized, he still pretty friendly to the lower class, and does genuinely seem to want to use his position to help.

However, he is worried of what might happen if genie is discovered. His new life might come crashing down, or someone might try to steal her (and she doesn't deserve some evil guy taking advantage of her). So he keeps her secret and pretends that he is a sorcerer rather than a warlock.

His genie a jolly one, finds mortals fascinating. However she has a bit of a mischievous streak, in a good natured way. After being locked up alone for so long, really likes to take any excuse to Socialize or pretend to be somebody. So sometimes needs a bit of wrangling when she gets big ideas in her head.
Oooo, that could work. Depending on what A Sparkling Zombie A Sparkling Zombie is thinking,

I could see her having a character thing about not wanting to be reckless (possibly related to her mentor's death... and perhaps her estranged twin), and that could be why didn't immediately deal with him. Trying to not screw stuff up again by making a hasty decision. He seems like a nice guy and prophetic dreams are dangerous things.

Might have been how she found out about his secret in the first place. Maybe the Jafar type fellow is the BBEG of the RP? Jesus that would such a self-fluffing prophecy, like 'oh I have a prophetic warning that something is weird about the genie man so I am going to force 'em on an adventure where oh no they're going to meet the person that going to do the bad stuff to genie man my dream was meant to bloody warn me about'. YOU'RE NOT HELPING AMELIA.

You know I am not sure Rymm would tell him about the dream, or anyone for the matter. It could be something she's keeping close to the chest, or alternatively she could be quite open with it. 'I am here because the Watcher sent me a warning about Waterdeep, that is why I need help.' However she 100% isn't going to tell Baste about him and the genie being in the dream (assuming of course Zombie decides that he is). That secret she will keep closely guarded as observes him and the genie. She doesn't know their true motive, telling them they were part of prophetic dream may make them turn hostile. Could be a fun reveal if it gets out, we'll see I guess.

I like him, he seems like a wholesome character. Rymm doesn't really need to do much to make him into a decent noble tbh. He's already got the wanting to help people thing, so not much else she'd want him to do... I suppose there is always ways to improve, nits to pick, teeth to be overbrushed! Does the genie come out a lot? Also what is her name?

Oh we need to communicate what our first post in the RP should be!
Hahaha, that would be kinda hilarious. 'You're close enough! Go take care of that thing!' The divine dispatch.

Her order suspecting that Rymm played a role in her mentor's demise sounds really fun. Are you wanting it to come into play somehow? Or are you just wanting it more for backstory? I don't mind either way. It sounded like you were leaning towards the latter before and I thought I'd double check.

Also, it sounds like you and Rex are talking about a possible NPC. That would be fine. I'm generally happy to play those as you all need.
Well, what's the point of paladins if not to do the god's grunt work after all? (An amazing amount of alliteration if I do scandalously (stretching a bit there) say so myself)

I agree! I don't think everyone in the order thinks she did it btw, there's differing opinions on the matter. So yeah, it's mostly for backstory and character reasons (I recon the mentor played a part in giving Rymm her no nonsense attitude. Rymm looked up to her and tried emulating her in a lot of ways) not expecting it to factor into the RP significantly but if you have an idea you like that organically works it in, then I'd be down with that. Whatever's easiest/you think is best. I don't have a strong preference either way

I mean the ball is in your court, on whether or not there is going to be an npc. All I need to know now is what the dream is like (no dream is still technically on the table but it seems like nobody but me has been entertaining it lol) Yeah I seem to be in habit of pushing responsibility on others lately, tbf you are the DM. Oh I want to remind you of the possibility of the dream not originating from Helm (Rymm just assuming that it does), happy plotting!

Well, what's the point of paladins if not to do the god's grunt work after all? (An amazing amount of alliteration if I do scandalously (stretching a bit there) say so myself)

I agree! I don't think everyone in the order thinks she did it btw, there's differing opinions on the matter. So yeah, it's mostly for backstory and character reasons (I recon the mentor played a part in giving Rymm her no nonsense attitude. Rymm looked up to her and tried emulating her in a lot of ways) not expecting it to factor into the RP significantly but if you have an idea you like that organically works it in, then I'd be down with that. Whatever's easiest/you think is best. I don't have a strong preference either way

I mean the ball is in your court, on whether or not there is going to be an npc. All I need to know now is what the dream is like (no dream is still technically on the table but it seems like nobody but me has been entertaining it lol) Yeah I seem to be in habit of pushing responsibility on others lately, tbf you are the DM. Oh I want to remind you of the possibility of the dream not originating from Helm (Rymm just assuming that it does), happy plotting!
For sure!

On the paladin order and the rumors: gotcha. I guess I misunderstood. With no one being compelled to act, I think it does make sense that it stays in the backstory, but in the small chance something changes later, well, I guess that will come to light one way or another. 😁

No worries on the NPC thing. Mainly I wanted to let you both know the possibility was certainly on the table while I awaited your response to Rex's previous message. I like the idea of Rymm's unwitting aid in causing the prophetic dream to happen, and that it's related to the genie, so maybe let's run with that. I like Rex's pitch of the vision, so just to expand on it very slightly:

A dream of Bastle and his Genie, and of destroyed buildings and a dense smoke rising over Waterdeep. Bastle, his Genie, and Waterdeep were the only specific entities in the dream, and there could maybe be enough room for uncertainty on whether the physical destruction is meant to be taken literally.

For sure!

On the paladin order and the rumors: gotcha. I guess I misunderstood. With no one being compelled to act, I think it does make sense that it stays in the backstory, but in the small chance something changes later, well, I guess that will come to light one way or another. 😁

No worries on the NPC thing. Mainly I wanted to let you both know the possibility was certainly on the table while I awaited your response to Rex's previous message. I like the idea of Rymm's unwitting aid in causing the prophetic dream to happen, and that it's related to the genie, so maybe let's run with that. I like Rex's pitch of the vision, so just to expand on it very slightly:

A dream of Bastle and his Genie, and of destroyed buildings and a dense smoke rising over Waterdeep. Bastle, his Genie, and Waterdeep were the only specific entities in the dream, and there could maybe be enough room for uncertainty on whether the physical destruction is meant to be taken literally.
We'll see!

Good to know, I was more just trying to push you into weighing in. that And yeah, D. Rex D. Rex had a good idea!

Okay so vague impression of waterdeep and destruction, and much less vague impression of a genie and human. Glad we have that settled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back