• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

FearItself

There is nothing to fear
Long ago the universe was a chaotic hellscape ravaged by a war that spanned all of reality. As the conflict ended the surviving cosmic entities claimed chunks of territory that would come to be known as galaxies. Our galaxy was the territory of the Cosmic Dragon Xemnu. This majestic deity created balance and order that allowed life to florish. However this would not last as an extra galactic being calling itself the shadow king would come against the Cosmic dragon. It managed to sneak past the dragons forces and score a successful sneak attack, using its psychic power to force the dragons consciousness out of its body.

Luckily for Xemnu, his Wife managed to prepare fo such an event. And while no one thing could hold her husbands power she could divide it between 5 totems and reforge a body for the Cosmic dragon. Unfortunately the Shadow king saw this coming and intercepted the reforging process. As a last ditch effort the Queen sent the totems across the galaxy to the farthest inhabitable world...earth. The weight of the dragons power caused the small totems to strike with an unimaginable force that would end the dinosaurs and pave the way for the mammalian uprising. Sixty five million years would then come to pass, leaving the totems buried both literally and figuratively in the sands of time.
~~~
In the modern day a recent earthquake has unearthed what appears to be a subterrainian chamber near the Chicxulub crater. A team of college students and their professor Liam Bedlam went into this chamber on the payroll of billionaire Marcus Vidalia. The world nearly panicked as three days passed and no sign of them was to be found. However just as a rescue operation was going to be launched six of the initial thirteen returned from the chamber. Working with the US government Marcus Vidalia managed to get the survivors transported to a government facility where their new life will begin.

During their three days in the cavern The survivors lives were changed forever. The professor and 5 of his students found these 5 crystal dragons seemingly grown out of crystal into their shapes as no form of tool marks could be found. As the professor studied the strangely uniform glass walls each student was drawn to a crystal dragon. As if in a trance all touched their respective dragons simultaneously. The crystals vanished in a flash being sucked into the 5 students. The resultinf pressure wave collapsed the tunnel and sent the professor collidong with the wall hard enough to kill him. However his life was spared as the consciousness of the cosmic dragon Xemnu indwelt him slowly healing him. He offered to guide the 5 students who he started calling the Dragon warriors. They escaped by harnessing the dragon force within each of them yet none were able to summon their armor much to the disappointment of Xemnu. However none of them have revealed this to anyone partially out of fear and partially because Xemnu in their professors body asked them not to how will this world handle the sudden emergence of cosmic power? As with all things only time will tell.

the_cosmic_dragon_by_ondrejhrdina_dchnoen-fullview.jpg
Xemnu the Cosmic Dragon- this is technically speaking the king of the Milky way galaxy. He is a master of all of the cosmic elements and a being of Light. Sadly his body is currently under the control of the evil Shadow King.

Antichrist.jpeg
The Shadow king- an extragalactic Psychic Celestial entity with immense telepathic power. It was able to overcome the mind of the multi hundred billion year old Cosmic dragon and has spread its tendrils into almost every corner of the galaxy seeking the cosmic power he was denied. He currently dwells inside of the body of Xemnu.

d6gb1s1-8af48cca-2500-4794-abba-03361d6b3cac.jpgThe Cosmic Queen/Queen of monsters- Xemnu's wife and creator of the 5 dragon totems. She tried to reconstitute her husband and save the galaxy but was stopped. The shadow king has twisted and corrupted her into the queen of monsters, and one of his greatest generals.

d9vu2m-8c92b29f-736b-4586-9139-aecc9611674e.jpg
Marcus Vidalia- a billionaire philanthropist who made his money in real estate and tourism. He funded the expedition and now oversees the students and professor as they are studied.

5202302cecb1b5c80ca6c7da8b5b4ba3.jpgProfessor Liam Bedlam- a down on his luck archeologist who has yet to make any kind of discovery. Despite this he is ever the optimist and is convinced his fame and fourtune lied just around the corner. He currently co-hosts the mind of Xemnu.

Black Dragon Force..jpeg
The Black Dragon Warrior is the Cosmic Elemental Force of the Void, it negates and balances other cosmic elements but holds no elemental power of its own.

Blue Dragon Force.jpg
The Blue Dragon warrior is the Cosmic Elemental Force of the Water. All frost and water bends to their beck and call.
Killerclown Killerclown

Green dragon force.jpeg
The Green Dragon Warrior is the Cosmic Elemental force of the Stone, all stone bends to their will.

d1s27oa-47c8e6d5-78d2-4284-810c-bf3ab35bde69.jpg
The Red Dragon warrior is the Cosmic Elemental force of the Flame, they possess flames that can rival stars.
Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer

White Dragon Force.jpeg
The White cosmic Dragon is the Cosmic Elemental force of Wind, the Air itself follows their command.

(Hi so this rp is a bit of a small group ill be allowing 5 characters to play the roles of the dragon warriors. Basically like early power rangers you dont have access to the armor of giant dragon forms. However you will possess superhuman physical attributes greatly rivaling that of captain america. Plus minor manipulation of your respective elements. I may allow one of two more people to help play the role of monsters but im still deciding there. Also dispite appearances the knights arent gender locked. Its just the armors on display, male or female warriors are fine. If you have any questions let me know.)​

Last edited:
I'm still thinking on that part. Normally I would say fire, but I've been playing a lot of fire characters recently and I'm trying to break from that.

I'm still thinking on that part. Normally I would say fire, but I've been playing a lot of fire characters recently and I'm trying to break from that.
Well whichever element you pick there also come the passive abilities that are honestly pretty impressive.

Without armor our characters can lift near 100 tons with strain, outrun sports cars, and shrug off small calibur bullets. They regenerate, can react to gunfire with their reflexes and seem to have greatly enhanced combat instincts.

Jeez, I didn't realize it was that nuts. And I take it that with the armor that continues to new levels?

Edit: I'm gonna roll a d5 and see what comes up. I hope other people join

Jeez, I didn't realize it was that nuts. And I take it that with the armor that continues to new levels?
The enhancement of armor is akin to the enhancement we got from our old base level to our current base level. On average a person can lift 200lbs so the boost was about 1000 fold...

So yeah,that armor takes us up about 1000 fold of that. Meaning aircraft carriers can be hefted around while armored ,thats to say nothing of the weapons and elemental powers. But worry not, there will be enemies suitable to face such mighty heroes.

The enhancement of armor is akin to tye enhancement we got from our old base level to our current base level. On average a person can lift 200lbs so the boost was about 1000 fold...

So yeah that armor takes us up about 1000 fold even that. So aricraft carriers can be hefted around while armored l, And thats to say nothing of the weapons and elemental powers. But worry not, there will be enemies suitable to face such mighty heroes.
Not the enemies I'm worried about, it's the doorknob.

Is there anything in particular I should know? Like, does overuse of their abilities cause them to develop dragon-like physical features, such as horns or a tail?

Not the enemies I'm worried about, it's the doorknob.

Is there anything in particular I should know? Like, does overuse of their abilities cause them to develop dragon-like physical features, such as horns or a tail?
Nope the heroes bodies channel power from the dragon force. The more they use it the more powerful they will become with the usage of it. However if they reach their limits the armor will vanish even if that occurs mid attack. Your base power will never fade and in fact will rise as we progress making the flat 1000x multiplier more effective.

Interesting. I'll start working on my character concept. Do you have a specific sheet in mind or are you waiting for more players

And there is another form beyond armored mode. But one needs a giant vessel body to acheive it...or some kinda mech...

Interesting. I'll start working on my character concept. Do you have a specific sheet in mind or are you waiting for more players
Im gonna start a sheet up soonish. Im waiting for more people. At the starting point of the story we will have had our abilities for a week. The only thing known about the armor is that it was mentioned by Xemnu/Liam. No one has seen or acheived it yet. I look forward to seeing how your character got dragged into basically becoming a godlike superhero.

Also important note. I dont think i captured this perfectly in the discription but all the dragon warriors are even in power. Skills and usage of their abilities varies but each one is close to the same level of power with a few exceptions like some being faster or stronger ohysically based off of their normal levels before.

For example the college who was a football athlete likely starts off physically stronger than the academic valedictorian. This strength gap is only made larger by the 1000x boost granted to us.

An average human can lift about 200lbs. 1000x that is 200,000 lbs or about 100 tons. Say our athlete cold lift 300lbs. That would make his strength about 150tons after the buff. Multiply by 1000x again to get your armored strength number.

The same can be applied to speed as the average person can run 12mph whereas the fastest usain bolt can go about 28mph. However speed is harder to gain so it only gives a 100x multiplier as alot more fprces work against fast movement. Even still that gives our base speed of between 1200mph and about 2000mph. So were fast af but some things are still faster.

I have a question I just thought of.
If the Shadow King is powerful enough to overthrow Xenmu's mind, powerful as he is, then was is stopping him from just brainwashing us and taking the power that way? Or is he stretched too thin on Xenmu's body to extend that far?

I have a question I just thought of.
If the Shadow King is powerful enough to overthrow Xenmu's mind, powerful as he is, then was is stopping him from just brainwashing us and taking the power that way? Or is he stretched too thin on Xenmu's body to extend that far?
Our incredibly primitive minds actually. Humanity is very young on the galactic scale. Often thought of as animals because we havent even cracked biological immortality yet. Its like attempting to talk to an ant. We would hear the psychic calls but it wouldn't really he more than a ringing in our ears. This actually shines a little light on how hard this actually is for xemnu. He is attempting to teach us to use a power that by all intents and purposes we shouldnt even be able to comprehend. Suffice it to say we are both advantaged and disadvantaged for our humanity. Another advantage we still havent stopped killing each other yet, meaning we are far better at violence and aggression than most of the rest of the galaxy. This is all part of the reason the cosmic queen sent the totems to earth. She accurately predicted the rise of humanity sixty five million years ago.

That's funny. Now I'm picturing the conversation going on between Xenmu and his wife.

Xenmu: There's a guy coming to get me and I can't stop him! What do we do?
Wifey: No problem, I'll just split your power and chuck it at that rock in the distance.
Xenmu: What, why?
Wifey: In a while some murder monkeys are gonna appear.

Xemnu: "Ah perfect. Thats just what we needed, the last time we found some murder monkeys they ended the great war."

Interestingly enough humans arent the first type of primate species to make a big impact. The last ones were the gods who inspire our mythos. Zeus Ra etc. Just our great anscestors kicking ass on a cosmic scale.

Fast Forward a few Million Years and Xenmu's just watching our civilization rise and fall and just going like "Babe, what did you get me into?"

Xemnu has kinda inspired mythos as a disembodied mind trying to bond with people and giving them flashes of the past and future to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back