• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dragon Battle Series (Idea Pitch)

Thysnia

Peanut Butter Bandit
The subject of this thread does sound pretty corny, I admit, but I'll work to make sure it isn't executed that way.

I am really craving a role-play that revolves around a fighting tournament, and preferably one that isn't between humans. I originally wanted to launch a Pokemon one, but that isn't catching much attention, and I imagine because it probably is just so much simpler to pick up the game and battle.

Instead, I have considered a creature-based RP instead, where we play as a dragon, griffon, or whatever in an olympic-equivalent competition. Such a role-play would take place in a setting where humans were subjected to slavery or completely nonexistent, and cultures were constructed solely by intelligent fantasy creatures (can you tell I really don't like people?). Battles would be held based on a bracket system and outcomes determined by dice, and would be supported with background plots and an outside story-line.

Depending on the level of demand, I would probably make this a dragon-only competition to make the playing field level, but it's open for discussion. Individual abilities will be included, be them elemental, magical, or the like. Consider it a more realistic approach to the Pokemon setup, but we play as the creatures themselves and act upon our own volition.

This idea is so elastic that I cannot even express it. I'm open to other ideas surrounding this general concept if I catch enough interest, so don't hesitate to post them.

Note: I am likely to include a 15+ age requirement on this RP if that doesn't go against a site rule I somehow overlooked. Of course I'll never know one's age for certain, but I won't tolerate any lack of effort or unnecessary drama from those who can't be mature in every aspect of a role-play. I can expand on this if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back