• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dragon Ball?

Sure. What did you have in mind?
I know it might be an unpopular opinion, but I rather find original Dragon Ball to be super cool. Like it was so creative and it focused a lot on actual Martial Arts. But Z had the super cool Ki usage, like the way they incorporated Ki and transformations was actually pretty interesting but lost the actual technique basis. So I wanted to make a rp that takes them both and incorporates them. Like the rp would start on earth, with people just trying to fight you know? Like it would actually have everyone start from the bottom, like rock bottom, no knowledge of ki or anything like that, and build up to eventually even follow the z trope and have more aliens and shit.

hey I agree with you. That's one of the main gripes many Z fans like myself have. That Z just dropped alot of the fundamentals that DB had set up

Right? It just completely dropped the creativity and technique in place of transformations and just having a higher power level. While I understand that and know strength is important I want to bring the technique back. So, the rp would start at rock bottom. It's why I'm cautious about it because most people wouldn't want to actually start low and build up to power. Also most likely Saiyans wouldn't be a thing yet, so, that'd be a lot of people dropped right there lol

that's fine. Is this meant to be like an oc thing or is this essentially a rewrite of canon?

that's fine. Is this meant to be like an oc thing or is this essentially a rewrite of canon?
Oc thing. I'll employ the same basis, having a strong old man sensei (just won't be roshi), and most of the oc's would probably come to him for training, and then flow into a martial arts tournament.

I'd be interested. Would Races be limited to Human or could others that were around in Dragon ball be ok? Ie Demons/Shapechangers/Androids etc?

I’m intrested,
I'd be interested. Would Races be limited to Human or could others that were around in Dragon ball be ok? Ie Demons/Shapechangers/Androids etc?
I think dragon ball was a bit more out there with its characters aha probably most things would be ok as long as they aren’t OP like Android 17 and 18 during Z aha

Androids more as in Eighter and Red Ribbon Terminator who's name escapes me. But yeah I recall the show.

Honestly I’ve half a mind to rp the octopus that’s mistaken for s spider

Lol xD

Anyways yeah other races are allower, just not op ones. No Saiyans, frieza race, op Androids,Majin, stc etc
How do you spell piccolos race? Aha is that allowed? I’m going for human but I wonder anyway

Pretty much they are Demons to others. Due to aliens not being a thing in Dragon ball I don't think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back