• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dragon Ball: Z Adventures (AU/OC- Recruitment)

The Black Knight

One Thousand Club
Hey everyone,

This is a Dragon Ball AU game based off of a game me and TinyBoo TinyBoo were involved in on another site. We were continuing it on this site, but unfortunately, there was a fall out with one of the players. Any who, we’re going to continue the story, but I want to keep the group kind of small since usually big groups + Dragon Ball lead to a nightmarish disaster.

The continuation will be based on the events, which have happened in here

We’re going to finish the arc, and afterward, if new characters want to get involved, then let us know. The game is very free form and it will go where we want it to go. That’s why it is very important that we have good and compatible writers to write with. So far on RPN, I have found such writers so I’m not too worried, but again…Dragon Ball Rps tend to lure the cringiest characters. Be advised that I will scrutinize all CSes, so it will behoove you to let me know what concept you plan to present before you go through the process of creating an OC or throwing a pre-made at me. For now, I just want to gauge the level of interest.

If you’re interested, let me know here and we can plan ahead for your character’s integration into the story. I hope everyone who takes interest in this game enjoys it as much as we do. The whole goal is to have a good time and collab. :3D:

P.S. - My timezone is currently GMT+1, so if I take a while to get back to you, welp, you know why! :grinningteeth:

Approved Concepts (so far)
Bulma-type ( animegirl20 animegirl20 )

Approved Characters

Okarot
- Rusty of Shackleford

Banned Abilities
Instant Transmission
MUI
UI

Last edited:
Since the thread we were trying to complete the Saga in got archived, we will be finishing the Saga in this thread. You can continue to read the old thread for historical reference and an assessment of the writing level in the game, but it won't really be necessary for when we move onto the next saga.

We originally started this game on 30 January 2013 so that's how much lore/history you're going to be missing. However, when we start the new saga it really won't matter. You don't need to know what happened so long ago to join this game. I am just sharing how long this story has been going on, and it continues! If you would like to be apart of it, then please drop your character concept idea here. :grinningteeth:

All right; so we finished the last story arc that puts us in a new one. I am dropping the CS code here. Just understand that this game is intended to be long-term (as long as we make it). The whole goal is to have fun but also bring characters that you can see yourself writing long-term.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]

[b]Body Type:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b] Describe their overall appearance.
[b]Fighting Style:[/b] Describe your character's fighting style.

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Equipment/Clothing:[/b]

[b]Training History:[/b] Did your character go to a martial art's school?

[b]Biography:[/b] Their life up until now.

There isn't a power level or a technique slot(s) section here because it doesn't matter in this game. Just follow the Rule of Cool. No over-powered characters. In this story, you either should be a rookie or just right underneath the Super Saiyan PL category. Look forward to seeing what you guys bring to the table. :3D: Either way, this game is going to keep going lol. It's just open to a new cast.

Hey! I'd be interested in this! I do have a few questions, though. What are the state of the Saiyans in this RP? I'm asking as I'm still trying to work out who my character will be. Also, is this an AU in the sense that it's an alternate version of events, or a completely different universe entirely? I'm thinking my character will be sort of a mixture of Goku and Vegeta: light-hearted, and decent, but absolutely ruthless and cunning in a fight.

P.S. And I completely understand the whole scrutinizing CSs deal! I'm actually very self conscious when I'm doing DBZ OCs, as I'm worried they'll be a glorified Goku or Vegeta rip-off. When I make my CS, feel free to tell me anything that you don't like, and I'll change it!

Last edited:
Hey! I'd be interested in this! I do have a few questions, though. What are the state of the Saiyans in this RP? I'm asking as I'm still trying to work out who my character will be. Also, is this an AU in the sense that it's an alternate version of events, or a completely different universe entirely? I'm thinking my character will be sort of a mixture of Goku and Vegeta: light-hearted, and decent, but absolutely ruthless and cunning in a fight.

P.S. And I completely understand the whole scrutinizing CSs deal! I'm actually very self conscious when I'm doing DBZ OCs, as I'm worried they'll be a glorified Goku or Vegeta rip-off. When I make my CS, feel free to tell me anything that you don't like, and I'll change it!

The universe is entirely different so no canon characters. Saiyans are still alive but their planet is probably called something different. We didn't focus too much on other planets. We had an arc where they left to a Vampa-like planet but that arc came from a character on another site who is AWOL. So we were just continuing where the game last left off.

You can basically create anything in here as long as it's not cringe. Like DBZ Amino cringe.

Name: Okarot

Alias: None

Race: Half-Saiyan

Height: 6'3

Weight: 185 lbs.

Sex: Male

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Grey

Body Type: Thin and toned, without being overly muscular.

Physical Description: Like most Saiyans, Okarot has spiky black hair that never seems to change shape, unless he's wet or angry. In terms of appearance, it has a resemblance to Teen Gohan's hair, though it is a bit wilder, and more spiky. His eyes are a deep grey, unlike the incredibly dark brown of many Saiyans, with his appearance further deviating from most Saiyans. He is abnormally lean for a Saiyan due to his high metabolism, and is quite tall for a Saiyan.
(Sorry if the image isn't great! It's really hard to find decent DBZ OC art! This is just his base line appearance, not what he wears and such.)
paata_tahts__colored__by_kevinbeaver_dberf2s-pre.jpg

Fighting Style: Having been trained by Saiyans, Okarot is a naturally aggressive fighter, preferring the stay on the offensive at all times. Though due to being overall weaker than most other Saiyans, Okarot relies more on his speed than brute force. Due to this, he's not the savage brute most people think of when Saiyans are mentioned, and can actually be quite clever in a fight, even brutal at times.

Personality: Having been raised among less...violent Saiyans, Okarot lacks much of the ruthlessness and pride of his bretheren. While he enjoys fighting, he more enjoys the sport of it, and doesn't like to kill his opponents in casual matches. Okarot is a naturally light-hearted person, with a naturally adventurous spirit, and a general love of life. He often tells absolutely horrid jokes, usually unware of how awful they truly are. This all changes while fighting, however. Well, in an actual fight with stakes. He becomes brutal, cunning, and ruthless, willing to do whatever it takes to end the fight as soon as possible.

Equipment/Clothing:
He wears something like this:
8ba56fdfe202f7f4ddb1e4e690eae818.jpg

Training History: He was mainly trained by his parents, so much of his training is traditional Saiyan martial arts that he's adapted to fit his higher speed style of fighting, utilizing a lot of movement to increase the force and speed of his strikes. The main problem with his fighting style is that it is incredibly taxing in his body, meaning that he can't outlast his enemies, and will have to beat them outright very quickly. It's also still unrefined, and lacks many techniques.

Biography: Okarot was born on Planet Karn, far away from the Saiyan homeworld. His parents were descendents of Saiyans that crash landed on Karn, their pods too damaged to repair. So, they decided to make the planet their home for the foreseeable future. The Saiyans were at first hostile towards the peaceful inhabitants, wishing to simply be left alone. But over time, the two races came to an agreement on things. The Saiyans would defend the natives against any would be invaders, and in return, they would give the Saiyans food and other supplies. This caused the Saiyan's culture to drastically change, meaning that by the time Okarot was born, their ruthless doctrine of conquest was gone. But Okarot was never really a Saiyan to begin with. Not a true one, anyways. One day, a mysterious ship landed on the planet's surface, carrying a strange Saiyan like man with it. Though at first hesitant, the Saiyans grew to appreciate the man's presence, and he even fathered a child with one of the local. This child was Okarot, the first Half-Saiyan in his clan's history. While they weren't violent towards him, he was always an outcast, never truly acting like a Saiyan. His mother did her best, however, and truly loved her son. When Okarot finally came of age, his mother told him to use the last remaining pod that worked, and to find his father on Earth. Turns out finding Earth wasn't easy when you have no idea where your planet is, or what Earth looks like. So, Okarot travelled the Galaxy for three years, seeing all kinds of wonders, and improving his fighting skills. He always looked for rumors of Earth, his final goal. Finally, after years of searching, he found it, and set course for the planet.

(Hope it's okay! I just realized that it might make no sense that they had a pod left, but never left, so I'll explain it. I'm thinking that by the time they fixed a space pod, they just never wanted to leave. Karn was their new home, and they'd never fit in among other Saiyan's anyways. Hope I cleared that up!)

Sure, you can send them this way and have your character enter the game as you want. We're in a sandbox period right after the last completed arc.

Got it. I'm thinking that Okarot's been in Earth for about...three weeks or so. He's kind of just been going around, taking in the planet, and trying to find his dad.

A character from another RP, I can adjust as needed to fit. Do you use discord at all or just RPN for OOC chatter?

Name: Garter
Race: Android (Bio-Mechanical)
Height: 7' 1"
Appearance:
4lQBwo5.png

Techniques:
  • Android Barrier (Barrier Prison, Barrier Punch, Multiple Barrier, Grand Explode, Body Sheath Barrier)
  • Aura Warning: A weak energy field incapable of damage though covering a vast area, the user becomes aware of any disturbances however within the flow of the energy emitted
  • Counter Force: While compressing energy into a thin layer, the smooth circular motion redirects incoming forces, imparting their own energy into the final moments of the technique as it is redirected towards either the original user or a new target
  • Destructo Disc (Double Destructo Disc, Chain Destructo Disc, Destructo Disc Hexa Blade, S.Sun Flare Destructo Disc, Spirit Saucer )
  • Energy Absorption (Energy Analysis)
  • Infinite Energy Model: The user lacks a Ki-Signature with which to be detected though also holding infinite power cores giving them an endless supply reserve of energy and stamina.
  • Moon River: Taking advantage of the level of durability of the user combined with Ki control they focus their energy into an arrowhead to fly directly down the centre of incoming beam attacks with the energy required not needing to overcome such merely slightly shift the direction to flow around them instead, this is completed once the end of the beam is reached with the user taking hold of the attacker to deliver a devastating counter-attack point blank taking advantage of the unexpected appearance and distraction.
    • Moon Cutter: Employing a Ki Blade like an attack to instead divert and sever the incoming blast into 2 individual streams as it passes by them
    • Moon Arrow: Rather than delivering a counterblast, the user instead focuses all their energy into a single point to shoot directly down the centre of the blast creating an eye of the storm from their position before piercing the attacker once it has travelled through.
  • Pure Progress: Given the programming and features incorporated into the user's design the efficiency and nature of such are constantly evolving allowing them to become stronger through both training and improve their skills and techniques as they fight a more powerful opponent.
  • Self-Repairing Systems: A advanced healing system that allows the gradual repair of their body even during combat even to the manufacture of new limbs over time.
  • Swallow BladeA large scale ki blade condensed into a single layer that is either held or launched as a wave attack
    • Swallow Reversal: Producing multiple condensed blades that would strike from multiple angles simultaneously leaving no room to dodge or block fully without allowing another to strike
    • Swallow Return: Continuation of Swallow Reversal throwing several additional arcs with the intent on such boomeranging back around to create additional angles of attack)
    • Swallow Dance: Taking control over the blades once launched the user can adjust and shift the angle or position of such afterwards
Forms: Self-Suggestion State, restructuring internal systems starting with her mind to become purely for combat, starting with her brain the elements her body needed to be "human" are removed in favour of those needed to be a weapon increasing the efficiency of her movements and power exponentially. The activation of the state is most notable in the glowing that begins to emerge from her eyes and the 7 tattoo's along the centre of her body.
Master/Mentor: New Turtle School

Personality:
Casual and almost too laid back despite the diligent training, there overly friendly nature can be seen as verging on pacifism at times and laziness at others, but never the less has served them well much to the frustration of opponents, especially with the strange humility they go about it with. Her straightforward way of conversing and casual bluntness has also caused more than a few aggravations at times, though she is capable of putting on a formal and respectful act if needed with surprising results though will state such really isn't comfortable for her long term. Despite all of this when pushed they can begin to show a firey and determined personality if a slight bit of stubbornness and pride though they attempt to keep the later in check.

Backstory:
Born to the current owner of the Capsule Corporation, they would grow up an extremely outgoing child under the wing of their mother until an attack on the estate would catch her in the crossfire leaving them seriously injured and clinging to life. Undergoing an experimental process using research notes obtained by the capsule corporation over a century ago the end result managed to both save their life and attempt to ensure their protection against future injuries. When question why her mother would do such a thing they would respond with a mix of seriousness and dark humour, stating it was only natural to do what you could to protect your child, and that if you have accident-prone kids you make them wear a helmet, you have a death-prone one you make a few adjustments. After a period of adjustments to their new state, they would also be introduced to the New Turtle School as a method of both learning more self-control and refining their abilities.

PlusUltra PlusUltra I do use Discord. I haven't made a discord server for this particular game, but since we're so far such a small group, we can easily make a PM chat.

As for your character concept, if you could name a NPC for Capsule Corp that is their creator because Androids are reliant on their creators to receive upgrades. Another thing is, Androids are not capable of using ki. They instead use a non-spiritual and artificial energy, which could easily be electromagnetic energy, solar energy, microwaves, whatever you want the source to be. I know DBZ just makes them capable of using ki, but it doesn't make sense because they aren't living things that possess a soul.

I also will not permit an "infinite" source of energy because it doesn't exist and it won't ever exist. There is no such thing and no character in this game has an infinite source of energy.

PlusUltra PlusUltra I do use Discord. I haven't made a discord server for this particular game, but since we're so far such a small group, we can easily make a PM chat.

As for your character concept, if you could name a NPC for Capsule Corp that is their creator because Androids are reliant on their creators to receive upgrades. Another thing is, Androids are not capable of using ki. They instead use a non-spiritual and artificial energy, which could easily be electromagnetic energy, solar energy, microwaves, whatever you want the source to be. I know DBZ just makes them capable of using ki, but it doesn't make sense because they aren't living things that possess a soul.
A PM chat would be great! I'm actually gonna have Okarot find your characters, as he's still confused on how the government works on Earth. He thinks the strongest person runs the planet, just like on his planet. He's also gonna be confused as to why everything's under construction, and he might even think that's just how Earth always is: the planet that's always under construction.

Androids in DBZ are living things though, they call them Androids but they are more accurately cyborgs ie 17 and 18 etc where kids Gero abducted which is why they can use living Ki, have souls etc. They can get stronger through training though straight up upgrades are an option i guess on top of that, so can name an NPC for it, But was why i added Bio-mechanical in the brackets to differentiate between the purely artificial ones like Eighter, 19 etc.

Hey! I'm interested too! I thought I'd run my concept for you first before making a sheet, just so we can iron out any kinks before I really start working on it.

Basically, I wanted to create a Saiyan warrior who was captured while away on a mission, and was held prisoner as a slave for years, forced to fight in a gladiatorial arena for the amusement of this foreign planet's populace. Eventually, he manages to either earn or take his freedom by force. Does that sound doable in the world you've set up? If not, that's fine! Just thought I'd ask. :)

A character from another RP, I can adjust as needed to fit. Do you use discord at all or just RPN for OOC chatter?

Appearance:
4lQBwo5.png

Techniques:
  • Android Barrier (Barrier Prison, Barrier Punch, Multiple Barrier, Grand Explode, Body Sheath Barrier)
  • Aura Warning: A weak energy field incapable of damage though covering a vast area, the user becomes aware of any disturbances however within the flow of the energy emitted
  • Counter Force: While compressing energy into a thin layer, the smooth circular motion redirects incoming forces, imparting their own energy into the final moments of the technique as it is redirected towards either the original user or a new target
  • Destructo Disc (Double Destructo Disc, Chain Destructo Disc, Destructo Disc Hexa Blade, S.Sun Flare Destructo Disc, Spirit Saucer )
  • Energy Absorption (Energy Analysis)
  • Infinite Energy Model: The user lacks a Ki-Signature with which to be detected though also holding infinite power cores giving them an endless supply reserve of energy and stamina.
  • Moon River: Taking advantage of the level of durability of the user combined with Ki control they focus their energy into an arrowhead to fly directly down the centre of incoming beam attacks with the energy required not needing to overcome such merely slightly shift the direction to flow around them instead, this is completed once the end of the beam is reached with the user taking hold of the attacker to deliver a devastating counter-attack point blank taking advantage of the unexpected appearance and distraction.
    • Moon Cutter: Employing a Ki Blade like an attack to instead divert and sever the incoming blast into 2 individual streams as it passes by them
    • Moon Arrow: Rather than delivering a counterblast, the user instead focuses all their energy into a single point to shoot directly down the centre of the blast creating an eye of the storm from their position before piercing the attacker once it has travelled through.
  • Pure Progress: Given the programming and features incorporated into the user's design the efficiency and nature of such are constantly evolving allowing them to become stronger through both training and improve their skills and techniques as they fight a more powerful opponent.
  • Self-Repairing Systems: A advanced healing system that allows the gradual repair of their body even during combat even to the manufacture of new limbs over time.
  • Swallow BladeA large scale ki blade condensed into a single layer that is either held or launched as a wave attack
    • Swallow Reversal: Producing multiple condensed blades that would strike from multiple angles simultaneously leaving no room to dodge or block fully without allowing another to strike
    • Swallow Return: Continuation of Swallow Reversal throwing several additional arcs with the intent on such boomeranging back around to create additional angles of attack)
    • Swallow Dance: Taking control over the blades once launched the user can adjust and shift the angle or position of such afterwards
Forms: Self-Suggestion State, restructuring internal systems starting with her mind to become purely for combat, starting with her brain the elements her body needed to be "human" are removed in favour of those needed to be a weapon increasing the efficiency of her movements and power exponentially. The activation of the state is most notable in the glowing that begins to emerge from her eyes and the 7 tattoo's along the centre of her body.
Master/Mentor: New Turtle School

Personality:
Casual and almost too laid back despite the diligent training, there overly friendly nature can be seen as verging on pacifism at times and laziness at others, but never the less has served them well much to the frustration of opponents, especially with the strange humility they go about it with. Her straightforward way of conversing and casual bluntness has also caused more than a few aggravations at times, though she is capable of putting on a formal and respectful act if needed with surprising results though will state such really isn't comfortable for her long term. Despite all of this when pushed they can begin to show a firey and determined personality if a slight bit of stubbornness and pride though they attempt to keep the later in check.

Backstory:
Born to the current owner of the Capsule Corporation, they would grow up an extremely outgoing child under the wing of their mother until an attack on the estate would catch her in the crossfire leaving them seriously injured and clinging to life. Undergoing an experimental process using research notes obtained by the capsule corporation over a century ago the end result managed to both save their life and attempt to ensure their protection against future injuries. When question why her mother would do such a thing they would respond with a mix of seriousness and dark humour, stating it was only natural to do what you could to protect your child, and that if you have accident-prone kids you make them wear a helmet, you have a death-prone one you make a few adjustments. After a period of adjustments to their new state, they would also be introduced to the New Turtle School as a method of both learning more self-control and refining their abilities.

You were right about the androids. I read up on them. However, seeing as this is a RP where you have to RP with the creations of others, there are many abilities in that move list that I won't allow because that character is ridiculously overpowered. I need you to convert your CS to the template for this game before I even mark which abilities to nix.

MainEventMan MainEventMan Your concept sounds fine so far. The story you have planned is not an issue, but I will see what you come up with overall. If he is OP, then I will not permit it.

Thats fine, Ill slim it down. It was pretty much abilities from another DBZ game that didnt start so copied it over.

Alias: N/A
Weight: 420lbs
Sex: Female
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black

Body Type: Endomorph
Physical Description:
A towering young woman in her teens and a thickly muscled yet curved physique, a spiked Mohawk falls to one side of their head, the sides shaved and waxed. Dressed in thick bike leather pants supported by a large studded belt. Forgoing the upper jacket they are instead clad only in a thick bandeau with similar thick straps. Below the surface and synthetic skin is large portions of metal plating or braces around what their remains making them a fusion of both human and machine. Strangely their body is clear of scars or old wounds despite their reconstruction as an android, perhaps due to synthetic skin layered over the damaged areas during the repair. There does however remain seven tattoos up to the centre of their body, a strange symbol over each of their chakras.

Fighting Style:
Strong both physically and mentally, Garter is extremely durable with high stamina in addition to keen perception abilities. Fighting with nearly every part of her body they can be somewhat unpredictable in a fight with no defined style, this is aided further by their recent augmentations that saved their life especially the unique energy source that is said to provide a constant energy supply that can grow over time. They seem capable of keeping a level head even in the more stressful of situations despite her young age. If there is any prefered tactic it would be using their fine Ki control to redirect forces and attacks or deflect such rather than straight up overpowering, as a side effect they show a preference for concentrated and precise energy slashes or piercing strikes over wide-scale blasts. Other tactics observed include drawing out the fight to take advantage of her untiring nature and enjoy the experience for longer, getting into melee to allow the use of her absorption abilities or the use of other standard android abilities like barriers. Each technique, however, appears to take her own twist on it, being able to make the best of whatever tools they have at the moment in a pragmatic approach.

Personality:

Equipment/Clothing:
Gravity Brace: Linked to their internal systems to increase the resistance of movements for the purpose of training and may be adjusted to different levels as needed. Worn around the neck and shoulders.
Armoured Leathers: Black and orange leathers the remains of a modified motorcycle armour.

Training History:
Private self-defence training with tutors prior to transformation to Android at which point following adjustment was admitted to the New Turtle School.

Biography:

(Slimmed down the Bio from before to fit the template, as for the abilities will likely remove the Destructo-Disc series and Self-Suggestion State. Maybe aslo the Swallow series of attacks after the firsts and the Moon Cutter/Arrow)

PlusUltra PlusUltra Any signature moves that are canon to DBZ such as barrier, which was 17's, Destructo Disc which was Krillin's; I do not want players using canon abilities of canon characters. You need to make your own entirely.

I will not permit absolute invulnerability/invincibilty. Characters will take hits and take damage in certain scenarios to make for a realistic fight. Every character that starts in this game to make up for how long this game has been active is around the SSJ power level and no higher. They should be capable of reaching it but have not reached it yet. I figure they want an arc for any transformations.

But all that "my character dodges every attack and will only take hits that barely do anything to them." I have seen it so many times in past games. Not this one, but I have seen it and will not allow it. I am only saying this because your last CS was so overpowered with abilities that practically made her untouchable. It just is not happening. This is not a god game.

Barrier is actually something that all Androids have, there isnt any Invulnerability just high durability, they are not going for auto dodge. Like i took inspiration from the show...origiional had cannon moves so yeah ill remove those

Like Moon River....may technically be a Cannon movie but unnamed, It was based of what Cooler did to Goku during his first movie,

Android 17 was the inventor of it. If you used it, it would have to be called something else. Do not use an amalgamation of canon abilities you are taking from different androids or characters in the series. Do try to invent your own. I will allow you in the game, but your character will be under scrutiny until I can trust that you aren't going to wind up playing some OP character that ruins the mood of the game. I am big on first impressions and sending an OP sheet to a GM is not a good one to make, especially when I stressed throughout this thread how I wasn't going to allow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back