• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dragon Ball: The Titans Saga

CaptainSully

🤘🏻Master of Puppets🤘🏻
Basic Story
It has been generations since the adventures of Goku and the Z fighters, their names simply referred to as heroes. Since their time others have stepped up in their place to protect Earth and the rest of the universe. For the last fifty years the world has felt total bliss but darkness stirs...longing for freedom...

This RP will begin as the world is still experiencing it's total bliss. Characters will be at the World Martial Arts Tournament either as participants or as spectators (if you want to be part of the tournament then let me know). Something will happen which will set off a chain of events that will present Earth with the biggest threat it has faced for several centuries.

General Stuff

Welcome! Let me start out by saying that while the RP is called Dragon Ball, it is far closer in taste and general flavour to Z and Super. The universe is wide open and Earth is now inhabited by a mixture of races beyond that of just human. As the brief paragraph above says, things have been peaceful and all of the character you loved or loved to hate have long since died of old age. Peace has taken over the world but that hasn't stopped people from training and preparing for any potential threats.

The idea is that there will be multiple sagas that characters can carry over from. So if you take part in the Titan's saga you can carry over to whatever one comes afterwards. This also means that when one saga ends, I can recruit new people if we have any drop outs

This RP is going to be entirely PvE in the sense that it'll avoid having PvP as a compulsory part of the story. The idea will be that there will be enough enemies for everyone to get involved rather than having everyone trying to swarm on one big bad guy. There will be times that there will be a "big bad guy" to fight but things will be done to ensure everyone plays a key role in the story. That said, there is no reason two people can't have a sparring session if they so wish. Just be polite, patient and respectful of each others characters.

Ultimately this is a world I want to build with people so feel free to add your input. It's not just about me telling you all what will happen, you need to make your own decisions and help craft the story. I want everyone to get a chance to be the "hero" and so this is just the first saga of what I hope will be many.

While the Z fighters have long since passed, the "deity" type characters still exist as they did in the series. So the Kai's, Beerus, Whis etc. The majority won't feature in any real capacity but I just think it's easier if there is some consistency on that front.

Standard Rules

Standard forum rules apply and just as a general practise, dont be a dick. In terms of disputes, as GM I have last say on those matters and if people go too far, I have no issue in getting mods involved. However, don't feel like you can't speak your mind if you think something isn't working well or if you have ideas.

In terms of fighting, as it is primarily against NPC's you'll pretty much have free reign to do as you wish in combat, particularly against minions. However with "bosses" I expect close fights and in some instances I will tell you that you may lose. In terms of bosses, when it comes to smaller or multiple bosses (like the Ginyu Force, 17/18 etc) i'd rather leave it to you guys to RP those battles once introduced. However when it comes to single big bads (like Frieza, Cell etc) i'll RP their entire interactions with people.

This RP will not use power levels in any respect.

As there is violence I have set the age limit to 18 so feel free to have broken bones, nasty cuts etc. In addition if you want to have inter-character romance then feel free, just ensure it's fade to black.

CaptainSully CaptainSully Does that also mean we have to come up with a cs for smaller/multiple bosses?
No not at all. Apologies if it’s confusing, was in a rush to get the post up.

People will just need to create their own characters CS. That being said, I am open to people making suggestions for villains, particularly if they tie them into their characters backstory.

I'll probably make a member of Frieza's race who lack his natural talent but still copies the tyrant's way to control his power by making weaker forms as he gets stronger over the course of the rp

Venchi1986 Venchi1986 NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy Japanime Japanime Jz-ahn Jz-ahn

The OOC is below. I have also set up the Lore and CS page. Please can you post sheets in the OOC so I can view them before moving them

Alrighty, also can I make a Neko Majin? They have nothing to do with regular majins, their names are just similar cuz japanese stuff lol
Well I’d need to see the character really to see what sort of abilities they have. Also just a point , I’m really not a fan of human animal hybrids. I mean beastmen are one thing but a human with cat ears a a tail just doesn’t sit right with me.

Well I’d need to see the character really to see what sort of abilities they have. Also just a point , I’m really not a fan of human animal hybrids. I mean beastmen are one thing but a human with cat ears a a tail just doesn’t sit right with me.
Neko Majin aren’t human hybrids. They’re the anthropomorphic cats of the Toriyama manga, Nekomajin and Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission, which was a spin off. They exist as Trickster entities in the Dragon World. Like Gremlins or Leprechauns.

Pretty much whatever you like. Only no-no’s are the likes of Buu and Kaioshin. In some instances I’ll even allow custom races but will need some discussion about them before accepting them.

When you say that do you mean just Buu or do you mean the entire Majin race in general?

(All in all though I'll probably play a Frieza Clansman over a Majin)

When you say that do you mean just Buu or do you mean the entire Majin race in general?

(All in all though I'll probably play a Frieza Clansman over a Majin)
Entire but race bud. Also as JZ said, we already have two Arcosians so I’m going to have to put a stop to any more.

Alrighty, also can I make a Neko Majin? They have nothing to do with regular majins, their names are just similar cuz japanese stuff lol
Feel free to PM me your idea and we can discuss. I'll likely look to start Sunday so theres still plenty of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back