• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon Ball: The Titans Saga OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

CaptainSully

🤘🏻Master of Puppets🤘🏻
1dea3e3b00cfad5f20e677d7d1d7440e.png

7a876de0abdccddfa1bd9ce1706003e9.png

tumblr_mu61e3abR21sug5ooo1_500.png

"It has been generations since the adventures of Goku and the Z fighters, their names simply referred to as heroes. Since their time others have stepped up in their place to protect Earth and the rest of the universe. For the last fifty years the world has felt nothing but total bliss. However...darkness stirs...longing for freedom..."

Welcome! Let me start out by saying that while the RP is called Dragon Ball, it is far closer in taste and general flavour to Z and Super. The universe is wide open and Earth is now inhabited by a mixture of races beyond that of just human. As the brief paragraph above says, things have been peaceful and all of the character you loved or loved to hate have long since died of old age. Peace has taken over the world but that hasn't stopped people from training and preparing for any potential threats.

This RP will begin as the world is still experiencing its total bliss. Characters will be going about their daily lives, whether it is taking in the beauty of the world or working their nine till five job. Ultimately the peace can't last and those which lie beneath will soon appear to shape the world how they see fit...

GENERAL STUFF

This RP is going to primarily focus on PvE in the sense that it'll avoid having PvP as a compulsory part of the story. The idea will be that there will be enough enemies for everyone to get involved rather than having everyone trying to swarm on one big bad guy. There will be times that there will be a single "big bad guy" to fight but things will be done to ensure everyone plays a key role in the story. That said, there is no reason two people can't have a sparring session if they so wish. Just be polite, patient and respectful of each others characters.

Ultimately this is a world I want to build with people so feel free to add your input. It's not just about me telling you all what will happen, you need to make your own decisions and help craft the story. I want everyone to get a chance to be the "hero" and so this is just the first saga of what I hope will be many.

While the Z fighters have long since passed, the "deity" type characters still exist as they did in the series. So the Kai's, Beerus, Whis etc. The majority won't feature in any real capacity but I just think it's easier if there is some consistency on that front.

BASIC RULES

First things first, i'd suggest you read the Lore page. There is some information which may be relevant to you when you create your character plus it gives you a bit of background on the state of things at present.

Standard forum rules apply and just as a general practise, dont be a dick. In terms of disputes, as GM I have last say on those matters and if people go too far, I have no issue in getting mods involved. However, don't feel like you can't speak your mind if you think something isn't working well or if you have ideas.

In terms of fighting, as it is primarily against NPC's you'll pretty much have free reign to do as you wish in combat, particularly against minions. However with "bosses" I expect close fights and in some instances I will tell you that you may lose. In terms of bosses, when it comes to smaller or multiple bosses (like the Ginyu Force, 17/18 etc) i'd rather leave it to you guys to RP those battles once introduced. However when it comes to single big bads (like Frieza, Cell etc) i'll RP their entire interactions with people.

This RP will use power levels which i'll go on to below. However just because your power level is higher than someone elses or even a boss, it doesn't mean that you're going to stomp.

As there is violence this does have an age limit of 18 so feel free to have broken bones, nasty cuts and plenty of gore. In addition if you want to have inter-character romance then feel free, just ensure it's fade to black before things get too blue.

CHARACTER STATS

This RP will have a very basic stats system and are really only there to provide some idea about what a character may be better at than others. The stats are listed below:

⦿ Strength: This is a characters ability to dish out physical damage and to block it successfully.
⦿ Ki: This is a characters ability to dish out damage using their ki and to block it successfully.
⦿ Endurance: This represents how much damage a character can take before passing out or even dying.
⦿ Speed: This is how fast a character can move.

A difference of 1 or 2 between peoples stats are negligable differences and so fairly even. However, when a characters stats is double another characters, then they have a clear advantage in that area. This will be more relevant when coming up against bosses. So for example if Frieza had a speed of 10 and Krillin had a speed of 4 then when it comes to writing it would need to be written in a way that Frieza has a clear advantage in speed.

CHARACTER PROGRESSION

There will be character progression in this RP so it won't be a simple case of getting locked into the skills you pick at the beginning. There will be opportunities for your character to learn moves and skills whether it is through practise or by being trained by someone. This will be limited to one move during each saga and you'll need to check with me if its acceptable before adding it to the CS.

So the basic idea is that the story will be broken into saga's much like the series has been since its inception. I will create a new thread for each saga and anyone who participates in a saga can carry their character over. If the character is carried over then they will gain a boost. For each completed saga they participated in they gain the following:

1 - 5 stat points | 1 basic technique and 1 transformation
2 - 5 stat points | 2 basic techniques or 1 trademark technique
3 - 5 stat points | 1 basic technique or 1 ultimate technique or 1 transformation
4 - 5 stat points | 2 basic techniques or 1 trademark technique
5 - 5 stat points | 2 basic techniques or 1 trademark technique or 1 ultimate technique or 1 transformation

I appreciate that this will likely put characters onto a different level to anyone who joins a future saga with a fresh character, however the thing to remember is that this is PvE. People who stick around, even with lower stats, will be provided bonuses to allow them to close the gap as a thank you for persevering.

CHARACTER SHEET

The basic character sheet is below. Feel free to be as flash with it as you like but just make sure you include everything. No moves can be auto-hit moves and i'd like to stay away from magic altogether. When complete, please post it here in the OOC so I can review it. Only when I say it's ok is it to be posted in the CS thread.

⦿ Name: (Simple)
⦿ Age: (18+ only please)
⦿ Gender: (Simple)
⦿ Race: (Ideally I want the majority of characters to be human seeing as it's based on Earth, but I will listen to other options including custom. Definitively no Kaioshin or Majin.)
⦿ Appearance: (Pictures or descriptions are fine but needs to be anime)
⦿ Personality: (What is your character like to deal with. A paragraph is fine)
⦿ Ki Colour: (What colour energy does your character have)

⦿ Stats
(Distribute 20 points into the below stats. They have no real input other than just providing some idea about what a character may be better at)
Strength: (Physical attacks)
Ki: (Energy attacks)
Endurance: (Ability to take damage)
Speed: (How fast they are)​

⦿ Abilities:
(This can be racial abilities e.g. Saiyan Zenkai Boost or something you want to create yourself. Can have a total of 2, examples below.)
Expandable Limbs - Due to the nature of X's biology he can stretch out his limbs to hit an opponent from distance. Can't do it over ten metres.
Pre-Hensile Tail - Has a tail which can be used as an extra limb to inflict damage and restrain opponents.​

⦿ Transformations: (These are a big part of DBZ and DBS but characters will not start with them, so just put none. However, there will be opportunities for transformations, even for those races that have never had them).

⦿ Basic Techniques: (Four moves that your character has. They don't all need to be offensive in nature either. I will allow people to add more as we progress. Please label whether they are offensive, defensive or utility in nature.)

⦿ Trademark Techniques: (This is a move that can scale in power/effectivesness depending on how long it is charged. At it's weakest it is slightly more powerful than a basic move but when fully charged is just below and ultimate technique. Think Kamehameha. This doesn't need to be an offensive move either. Pick one.)

⦿ Ultimate Technique: (Your characters ultimate move when they just need to roll the dice. When they have finished performing this they will be close to complete exhaustion. Pick one)

⦿ History: (Background of your character. Preferably two paragraphs)

⦿ Other: (Theme music, relationships, quotes...whatever else is relevant goes here)

Last edited:
⦿ Name: Algor
⦿ Age: 22
⦿ Gender: Male
⦿ Race: Frieza's race
11c4bb2b44ddae0d871c7c6032a2d1c3.png
⦿ Personality: Algor isn't the friendliest alien on Earth but he is far from evil. For the most part it is just that he considers the average human to be inferior to him due to the difference in power. That said he doesn't terrorize them or anything and in fact looks down even worse on anyone who harms someone too weak to even have a chance to fight back. He also has a tendency to believe the first version of a story he hears and it can be difficult to convince that it isn't the truth. Finally being a relatively weak member of his race Algor is secretly desperate to get stronger.
⦿ Ki Colour: Blue

⦿ Stats
(Distribute 20 points into the below stats. They have no real input other than just providing some idea about what a character may be better at)
Strength: 5
Ki: 7
Endurance: 4
Speed: 4

⦿ Abilities:
• Can survive in space - Like all members of his race he can survive in the vacuum of space.
• Pre-Hensile Tail - Has a tail which can be used as an extra limb to inflict damage and restrain opponents.

⦿ Transformations: None yet but I'm listing Algor's planned other forms here anyway, each of them is actually weaker than the one before it
38525168_256709471838272_2905524128540786688_n.jpg
6mOHJl5.png
yBF54Tg.png

⦿ Basic Techniques: (Four moves that your character has. They don't all need to be offensive in nature either. I will allow people to add more as we progress. Please label whether they are offensive, defensive or utility in nature.)
Tail attack (Offensive)
• Energy Bullet (Offensive) A simple ki bullet fired from one of Algor's fingers
Energy Shield (Defensive)
Energy Punch (Offensive)

⦿ Trademark Techniques:
Triple Beam (Offensive) Algor fires beams from both of hands as well as his prehensile tail at his opponent.

⦿ Ultimate Technique:
Barrage (Offensive) - Algor creates a large ball of ki and throws it above his opponent. Once in position the ball splits apart into several smaller ball which each fire their energy down in the form of a beam.

⦿ History:
For the most part Algor's life was pretty uneventful, until he went to Namek in order to use their Dragonballs to get stronger. While the Namekians didn't greet him with open arms for obvious reasons they weren't hostile either. After the limits of the Dragonballs like the one year long recharge and the effects of over use were explained to him he left the planet and set course to his next destination Earth.

Of course he knew that the average Earthling was weak but there were exceptions, he had never believed that the ones who defeated were Saiyans as their planet was destroyed and their race wiped out at the time. He hoped to find one of those exceptions in the present and train under them, but lacked Ki sense and ended up trying to join several famous but conventional martial arts schools and quitting them just as quickly. Despite his failures he hasn't given up yet but is making plans for his trek to yet another planet in case he doesn't get lucky soon.

⦿ Other:

Last edited:
⦿ Name: Algor
⦿ Age: 22
⦿ Race: Frieza's race
11c4bb2b44ddae0d871c7c6032a2d1c3.png
⦿ Personality: (What is your character like to deal with. A paragraph is fine)
⦿ Ki Colour: Blue

⦿ Stats
Strength: 5
Ki: 7
Endurance: 4
Speed: 4

⦿ Abilities:
• Can survive in space - Like all members of his race he can survive in the vacuum of space.
• Pre-Hensile Tail - Has a tail which can be used as an extra limb to inflict damage and restrain opponents.

⦿ Transformations: None.

Tail attack (Offensive)
• Flight (Utility)
Energy Shield (Defensive)
Energy Punch (Offensive)

⦿ Trademark Techniques:
Triple Beam (Offensive) Algor fires beams from both of hands as well as his prehensile tail at his opponent.

⦿ Ultimate Technique:
Barrage (Offensive) - Algor creates a large ball of ki and throws it above his opponent. Once in position the ball splits apart into several smaller ball which each fire their energy down in the form of a beam.

⦿ History: (Background of your character. Preferably two paragraphs)

⦿ Other: (Theme music, relationships, quotes...whatever else is relevant goes here)

Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Looks good so far although I would like to mention that you don't have to choose flight as a technique. The bog standard techniques like flight and ki blasts are already known by everyone. The other techniques are fine. I look forward to see his history.

Name: Mido (My-dough)
⦿ Age: 4 (Roughly a Young Adult by human standards)
⦿ Race: Bioid (A shortening of “Bio Android”)
⦿ Appearance:
⦿ Personality: Mido is an aloof but curious creature. Having spent most of his Larval time underground has given him a sense of wonder about the topside world. Like many of his race, he has a fondness for sugar and sweets and a big appetite for food.
⦿ Ki Colour: Purple

⦿ Stats
• Strength: 7
• Ki: 3
• Endurance: 3
• Speed: 7

⦿ Abilities:
• Regenerative Cells - Can reform lost limbs or heal damage at an accelerated rate as long as a single surviving cell remains.
• Muscle Memory - Bioids have incredible muscle memory, allowing them to learn techniques quicker than others.

⦿ Transformations:

• Larval stage - Mido shifts into his Larval stage to sleep and to heal quicker than attempting to force regeneration. His Larval stage appears as a giant purple cicada.
⦿ Basic Techniques:
• Sonic Wings - Mido beats the wings on his back in a particular frequency to disorient and confuse opponents (Defensive)
• Force Regeneration - Mido Can will his injuries to heal and regrow limbs at the cost of losing energy and strength (Defensive)
• Swarm Rush - Mido assaults opponents with a flurry of strikes that move faster than the eye can see. Moves in a straight line. (Offensive)
• Osmosis - Mido can split himself into two beings for a double attack before the copy is reabsorbed into himself after 30 seconds. (Offensive)

⦿ Trademark Techniques:

• Ahwehyawehya: A powerful beam that is encoded into the Bioid genetics from their most early ancestor. They mostly use it to construct tunnels and expand the colony.

⦿ Ultimate Technique:

• Perfection - Mido can trigger an evolutionary change in himself, transforming into a powerful version of his race, increasing his stats by 5 for a short period of time. Has a 48 hour cooldown period.

⦿ History: The history of the Bioid race is a mystery to most human beings. They simply appeared from the mountain regions close to New Ginger Town. They are led by Queen Chondria, a reclusive but benevolent leader who simply directs the colony to dig deeper into the world. Humans and Bioids have an indifferent relationship, humans providing sugar and treats to the Bioid supply scouts that happen to wander into town from time to time in exchange for ore and jewels the Bioids happen to find while digging.

Mido is a young Bioid with a need to fight in his gut and a fascination with the Aboveworld. He left the colony to find a purpose to his existence, taking interest in human culture, specifically martial arts. Mido has signed up to join a tournament with the desire to express his longing for battle in a safe environment to do so.

NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy Unfortunately there are a couple of issues:

1: I did say no transformations although I will allow you to have the larval stage. However, it is under the premise that once in the larval stage he can't exit it for twenty four hours.
2: I can't allow the Perfection ultimate technique. To me it's a transformation so I have to reject it. The option for a transformation will come at the end of this saga so you just need to be a little patient and you'll get it soon enough.

So apart from that the rest looks good. If anything, you've given me an idea of how to start things off...suffice to say it'll be the Bioids fault.

Also, do you want me to remove the RR logo from your character picture and change any colours on him?

CaptainSully CaptainSully I though that might be the case with flight and will edit it. Honestly I have no idea what Algor's history will be myself but that is common for me. I do have some extra questions though the images for his other forms I found don't exactly match the wiki is that a problem? And finally since his transformations decrease his strength instead of raise it how will that be handled?

Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Looks good so far although I would like to mention that you don't have to choose flight as a technique. The bog standard techniques like flight and ki blasts are already known by everyone. The other techniques are fine. I look forward to see his history.

NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy Unfortunately there are a couple of issues:

1: I did say no transformations although I will allow you to have the larval stage. However, it is under the premise that once in the larval stage he can't exit it for twenty four hours.
2: I can't allow the Perfection ultimate technique. To me it's a transformation so I have to reject it. The option for a transformation will come at the end of this saga so you just need to be a little patient and you'll get it soon enough.

So apart from that the rest looks good. If anything, you've given me an idea of how to start things off...suffice to say it'll be the Bioids fault.

Also, do you want me to remove the RR logo from your character picture and change any colours on him?
Gotcha. The Ultimate Technique is a hard thing to work out because Cell’s move roster was copying every Z fighter and I didn’t want to deprive anyone of a move. If you have any suggestions, I’m glad for it. As for the RR logo, I actually want him to keep it. It could sort of be a race birthmark that they have had for so long that the Bioids have no idea what it really is. The Red Ribbon Army has been defunct for so long, it could be a fun origin tale for Mido to follow later, allowing him to discover the true history of his people.

Gotcha. The Ultimate Technique is a hard thing to work out because Cell’s move roster was copying every Z fighter and I didn’t want to deprive anyone of a move. If you have any suggestions, I’m glad for it. As for the RR logo, I actually want him to keep it. It could sort of be a race birthmark that they have had for so long that the Bioids have no idea what it really is. The Red Ribbon Army has been defunct for so long, it could be a fun origin tale for Mido to follow later, allowing him to discover the true history of his people.

I agree which is why I only used attacks from the wiki for the basic techniques and not the signature or ultimate attacks AFAIK but how about that desperation attack where Cell turned himself into a bomb and only survives due to his own make-up, I don't see a player going for a suicide attack after all.

I agree which is why I only used attacks from the wiki for the basic techniques and not the signature or ultimate attacks AFAIK but how about that desperation attack where Cell turned himself into a bomb and only survives due to his own make-up, I don't see a player going for a suicide attack after all.
That might work if CaptainSully CaptainSully oks it.

Also, I was wondering how strictly db ths can be? I've noticed that dragon ball tends to have a sort of feel, and certain characters pull away from that feel. So can we have complete creative freedom? Or is it limited by that dragon ball feel?

That might work if CaptainSully CaptainSully oks it.
Suicide finishers are fine. I’d suggest that it states no cells remain so no regen. Maybe then in the future we could adjust it as he gains power so that he doesn’t need to completely wipe.

As for techniques, feel free to create your own. You don’t have to have the ones that Cell did.

Also, I was wondering how strictly db ths can be? I've noticed that dragon ball tends to have a sort of feel, and certain characters pull away from that feel. So can we have complete creative freedom? Or is it limited by that dragon ball feel?

If you have a character unaware of ki then that means no flight and makes them highly susceptible to Ki attacks. If you want to start with a character unaware of ki and have them training during the first Sagan that’s fine but obviously it puts them at a big disadvantage.

As for characters, there is creative freedom, yes. If you feel a character is pushing a boundary though then feel free just to send over your idea and I’ll let you know if it’s acceptable .

CaptainSully CaptainSully I have some extra questions the images Algor's his other forms I found don't exactly match the wiki is that a problem? And finally since his transformations decrease his strength instead of raise it how will that be handled?

CaptainSully CaptainSully I have some extra questions the images Algor's his other forms I found don't exactly match the wiki is that a problem? And finally since his transformations decrease his strength instead of raise it how will that be handled?
I think the Frieza race transformations vary from person to person apart from the almost standard first and final form. Either way I’m not overly concerned about that.

As for your characters weaker forms I’d suggest just adding it to the CS but be clear that it is a decrease in power.

I though so too but the wiki claims otherwise

I will ad the other forms but he doesn't have them yet

I though so too but the wiki claims otherwise

I will ad the other forms but he doesn't have them yet
Ah fair enough, always thought the middle ones were unique lol. Either way we can make it that way just for ease of allowing you a picture.0

Suicide finishers are fine. I’d suggest that it states no cells remain so no regen. Maybe then in the future we could adjust it as he gains power so that he doesn’t need to completely wipe.

As for techniques, feel free to create your own. You don’t have to have the ones that Cell did.

If you have a character unaware of ki then that means no flight and makes them highly susceptible to Ki attacks. If you want to start with a character unaware of ki and have them training during the first Sagan that’s fine but obviously it puts them at a big disadvantage.

As for characters, there is creative freedom, yes. If you feel a character is pushing a boundary though then feel free just to send over your idea and I’ll let you know if it’s acceptable .
Alright, consider the CS finished then.

⦿ Name: Icer
⦿ Age: 18
⦿ Race: Acrosian
⦿ Appearance: 605581
⦿ Personality: Icer possesses a highly sarcastic and great sense of humor. He regularly insults and belittles his enemies. He feels no shame and can make a joke out of almost any situation. Despite his initial immaturity, Icer is a genuine, soft, good-hearted guy.
⦿ Ki Colour: Cyan

⦿ Stats
• Strength: 5
• Ki: 5
• Endurance: 5
• Speed: 5

⦿ Abilities:
• Bio-Suit - Due to his race, he is able to "grow" clothing on himself referred to as a Bio Suit, these natural clothes can be removed at will or replaced with newly grown clothing.
• Oxygen Independence - Ability to breathe without atmospheric air, enabling survival in space.

⦿ Transformations: None

⦿ Basic Techniques:
• Death Blaster - A yellow energy wave that inflicts a large amount of damage. (Offensive)
• Destructo Disc - A razor-sharp disc of Ki that can slice through almost any substance. (Offensive)
• Sonic Warp- A form of rapid movement that moves so fast it looks like one's teleporting. (Utility)

Energy Shield - A technique used to generate an energy shield around the user to protect them from attacks. (Defensive)

⦿ Trademark Techniques:
• Death Beam - A small, thin, very fast and concentrated laser-like beam of ki from the index finger, which barrels down and pierces through an opponent. (Offensive)

⦿ Ultimate Technique:
• Death Cannon - A large purplish-pink energy wave or energy sphere that inflicts a huge amount of damage.

⦿ History: Icer was born into the Galactic Trade Organization, and became one of the strongest soldiers at only 11 years old.

A battalion was sent to Earth, and later the strongest subordinates, including Icer, were all driven back by a few powerful martial artists from Earth.

He gained great interest in the planet and prepared for a visit to the only world that had successfully defied his ruler's rule.

⦿ Other: None

Last edited:
Everyone: For awareness i'll likely leave it close to the weekend before making a start, just to give people a chance to get CS' in.

Venchi1986 Venchi1986 - As agreed the transformations are power limiting rather than growing so that's acceptable. You're accepted so feel free to move over. (Keep in mind that all characters are assumed to have ki sense unless you choose to not have it which is fine).

NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy - All looks good! So accepted also. (Just for awareness I am going to be using your Bioid race as the reason why things kick off lol).

Japanime Japanime - Just a few things I need you to take a look at:

• Ki Sense is pretty much a standard ability i'll allow everyone to have so feel free to pick another. For awareness Venchi has used prehensile tail and space breathing for his Arcosian.
• You might disagree (which is fine) but i'd probably swap Death Blaster and Death Beam. Basic moves are effectively something your character can use multiple times in a battle while trademark are more like once or twice max. I just think given its potential for killing someone, it might be more worthwhile having it as a trademark. I'll leave the final choice to you.
• One thing i'd say about sonic warp is that i'd like it limited to only a few uses per battle to avoid spam (not that you would). The only limitation i'd put is that if you come up against an enemy with double your characters speed, they are capable to keep up.

Let me know your thoughts bud.

Venchi1986 Venchi1986 - As agreed the transformations are power limiting rather than growing so that's acceptable. You're accepted so feel free to move over. (Keep in mind that all characters are assumed to have ki sense unless you choose to not have it which is fine).

Yes I know and Algor didn't have ki sense at first but he developed it just like how Vegeta suddenly had it while on Namek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back