• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dragon Ball: Odyssey of Power (Interest Check!)

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes

Hey guys!

I'm looking for anyone interested in a Dragon Ball style RP.

There are some differences between this one and the source material, and I'll list them for you now so you know exactly what to expect:

1) The Saiyan Zenkai and the Frieza mutation are both removed from this RP due to both being freebie super power ups which are far too easily abused. Saiyans will, however, retain their genetic ability to grow in strength after a battle. Not as much as the Zenkai by any means, but gains nonetheless since they evolved as a Warrior Race.

- This is to keep things fair for those playing races other than Saiyans and Frost Demons. Without the Zenkai and mutation, both Saiyans and Frost Demons will be largely equal to the rest of the cast who play various alien races like Namekians, humans, or other custom races which you can design for yourselves so long as they're original and not rip offs of commonly known alien races.

- This means that the Saiyans and Frost Demons are set apart only by their respective transformations, as the bulk of this RP, about 95% of it in fact, will be more exploration and slice of life than combat focused. So in the end your power level doesn't really matter until such a time as a big bad enemy comes cruising through to challenge us. Then and only then are power levels truly relevant.

2) There is no magic other than that of the Dragon Balls themselves which will serve as a plot device for specific intervals of the story. Outside of this, realism is king in this RP. The laws of physics and such apply.

3) Saiyan Society functions a bit differently than the source material, and there is a detailed "Lore" page for you to read up on said differences.

4) The Saiyans begin with a genetic limit, meaning their power levels will stop growing outright once they reach a certain level.

This is, in the beginning, to serve as a similar function for fairness and to hold the Saiyans back just enough in the early stages that other races have the chance to shine before the Genetic Limit is eventually overcome and the Saiyans begin to explore vastly greater levels of power (such as the Super Saiyan transformations).

5) As previously mentioned, this RP is much more a slice of life and exploration based RP than a combat RP where your power level will be a focal point. In fact, for a large portion of the RP, your power level is an after thought. You'll spend more time interacting with other characters, hunting and foraging, hiking, diving, cave diving, and traveling through space than you will in combat.

Given this, I expect maturity on the part of everyone who joins. Any whining about your power level compared to someone else will earn you an instant ejection and banishment from the RP because I don't have time for childish egotism and "I want my power level to be more equal to so-and-so!"

Take that garbage somewhere else, please.

Thank you!

That's about it!

Power Levels in this RP will be kept track of by both you as the player, and me as the GM. Most of the time I won't make a fuss about this, but there may come certain points where I contact you privately and say that it's time to rein it in a bit and give some of the others a chance to catch up and shine for a while. Even though the bulk of this RP is exploration and slice of life, there's always one who complains that someone else is getting too far ahead.

So to keep things fair and prevent that kind of whining, I'll be monitoring power levels and making sure that everyone gets their time in the spotlight. Once the Saiyan characters begin unlocking the various Super Saiyan transformations at a much later point in the RP, I'll stop worrying about Power Levels as much because by then they'll vastly out-muscle every other non-Saiyan character in terms of raw power output.

It's just the way it's going to be by that stage. But remember, only about 5% of the RP is going to be geared towards combat and the usage of that power. So 95% of your time, and the time of the Saiyans, will be spent just enjoying life and exploring.

And to answer the as of yet unspoken question... No.

Custom races will not be allowed equivalent transformations to the Super Saiyan levels. It's just not going to happen. Although there are differences from the source material, one thing that remains is that the Super Saiyan transformations are unique and unrivaled throughout the universe as a major power up temporarily in battle. Because of the enormous power output, Super Saiyan transformations will be on an IC timer. Particularly when they are first unlocked. And the timer grows shorter for each subsequent level until SSG and SSB which both happen towards the final stages of the RP.

The first Super Saiyan's timer can be extended through prolonged training and exposure to the form as Goku and Gohan did in the series, but it can't be held indefinitely as they did. It's still on a timer. Super Saiyan 2's timer can be extended a little bit, but not by much. The longest a Saiyan will be able to hold that form in the RP is going to be about 5 minutes no matter how much they try to get used to it. And Super Saiyan 3 produces so much power that there is no "getting used to it" for that form at all. It has the shortest timer, at roughly one minute, as it consumes the most Ki and pushes the body to its physical limits much more so than the previous two.

So yeah, that's about it about Saiyans and their transformations in this RP.

Since we're focusing on exploration and slice of life, simply living and moving through as we will, I don't want anyone complaining about power levels or not being "equal" to another race in the long run. If this was about everyone being equal, I'd force everyone to be Saiyans and force everyone to go through all the same Zenkai's and Rejuvenation Chamber stints to keep their powers as close to equal as possible and also let everyone unlock all the Transformations at the same time.

So no whining.

Fair?

Awesome!

If you haven't been turned off by all this, I'll see you inside! Click the link below or at the top of the page to visit the RP's OOC thread!

Seems like fun.

Great!

If you haven't already, please drop by the RP's various pages and check all the info. If it's to your liking, let me know and we can get started with your character. If not, it's perfectly fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back