• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon Age: Tale of the Champion

Sopranos

The Sop

da2-logo.png

latest
9:31 Dragon, bards from all over Thedas sang songs about the Hero of Ferelden adventures, slain the Archdemon and ended the Fifth Blight. They believed the chaos had finally come to an end and started to celebrated that peace had finally come. But they didn't come, in somewhere else, another story started, one that would changed everything.

Elsewhere, across the Waking Sea, Kirkwall, the City of Chain was the place where there were stories to be told. Viscount Dumar was appointed, but the true power belonged to Knight-Commander Meredith Stannard. The Commander of the Templar maintained order with an iron fist and that's where troubles with the mages started. Her reign over the mages gave them little of freedom, the circle was like a prison and apostates would be punished with tranquility without a second thoughts. In this time, many cases of apostates happened because the mages weren't able bear the templar no more... and the more they resisted, the harder the Templar pressed them back.

MeredithOrsino61081913.jpg
In the same, a military unit of qunari was stranded into Kirkwall Dock due to their ship was dashed by the storm. Because of this incident, the viscount had no choice but to reluctantly accept the qunari to stay, though this act worried a great number of people. The Arishok stated that they would leave when the their transport arrived but many thought different.

rsz_dragon_age_fresco_qunari_by_nthornborrow_d3c4z8g.png
Despite those 2 incidents, the Hawke, an immigrant family from Lothering just found their place in Kirkwall after a year of servitude to pay up their debt. This is when the story all started. The Hawkes was just on their way to make end meet and avoided the templar attention. They had a plan, after the Blight, when Bartrand plans an expedition into the Deep Roads and that would be a perfect chance for Hawkes and their siblings to turn their lives around. That's where our story began, less than they knew that their adventure would lead to something far bigger than they I'd ever thought.

The Journal - Non-mission IC - Character Sheet - About Kirkwall - Rules and Regulation for Writing and Posting (Very important, please read before you want to join)

Last edited:
Madeleine leaned seemingly casually against an archway leading to a sort of cul-de-sac deep within Hightown, waving a fan close to her face to keep away the warm summer's heat. Her eyes watching one corner where several dwarven statues were standing, one dwarf arguing heatedly with three humans about an expedition. One of the three humans interested her having been asked by her patron to pass a message, her patron knowing they would speak to the dwarf at some point. The elder female humans matched the descriptions she was given, a 6ft, blue eyes, one near black dark brown hair. That would describe many in this town but these she was told she could pick her out a mile and sure enough Medeoline did. They were who she was looking for.

The argument seemed to end and the tyre humans turned around. They would see Madeleine almost immidiately, she stood out with her long red hair and orlesian styled dress and mask. What was most noticeable is the dress was cut low showing almost entirely her upper chest barely covering her breasts, while one near flawless leg showed off through seem in her dress. One could determine her profession from that and would surprise that she was out in the open. She waived them over. "Ah bonjour cute things, you are the..... " She began speaking with an orleasian accent before clearing her throat. "Sorry.. Force of habit." She added now speaking a more natural Ferelden accent. "Are you t
Hawke?"
Sopranos Sopranos The Silent Z The Silent Z redroseknight redroseknight Archon Archon

Last edited:
"What does one have to do to get work in this town, short of stealing damned nuglings for highborn girls?!" Amelie complained in frustration, one hand knotted firmly into an angry fist, whilst the other's knuckles grew white from the sharp clamp that threatened to crush her staff. Her previously charming smile and calm complexion was now warped into a deep scowl accompanied by beads of nervous sweat steadily streaming atop her head. The meeting with Bartrand nothing less than a total disaster. Truth be told, Amelie had poured a great deal of faith into the breakthrough of this expedition, her and her siblings couldn't live off of small contracts forever... To see Leandra spend another day alongside that swine Gamling, it sent a shiver of disgust down the eldest Hawke's spine, and now Bartrand had shunned her--her--without even deigning to hear them out. Who possibly in this stinking cesspool of a city had more qualification to guard a caravan opposed to the Hawkes?

Be as it may, that at first glance, their little adventuring party seemed rag-tag and undisciplined, but she knew fiercely that anyone would be hard-pressed to find a more talented or capable group. Though Amelie spoke mostly for her brother and sister, she was aware of the impressive ability of the other's, Vincente especially, who'd decided to tag along with the sibling-duo. His reasons were their reasons, the joint-pursuit of much needed coin.

Snapping up from her thoughts, Hawke found her gaze steadily fixed on a flatteringly dressed Lady of Orlesian appearance, poised several feet away in silent beckoning. Her attire betraying the signature mark of the much-esteemed Blooming Rose. A fine make, too, so she was no common whore, but a worker of high standing. Even so, the clothing was magnificently effective at hugging every curve most women would pray to possess. "I think that one has eyes for you, Nell." Amelie muttered with a smirk, giving her brother a light nudge whilst nodding in the direction of their soon-to-be acquaintance. What did the Blooming Rose want from them?

'We've already had a bad offer from one dwarf today... Maker, I hope this isn't a job offer to guard the rooms... or attack the occupants in other ways. Ew.'

"Keep staring like that and you might give a girl the wrong idea." Amelie greeted with a disarmingly polite smirk, one hand outstretched whilst the other rested palm-first upon her waist. Before she followed up to the predictable question of identity. "That's me, the one and only! Or... one of three, funny how everyone seems to forget that part." Though she answered humorously, Amelie found herself wincing on Gwyn's behalf, Nell didn't care for Amelie's apparent spotlight, but she knew it hurt Gwyn to be overlooked. One of these days, she intended to drag her out for some sisterly-bonding... But without money, free-time wasn't a commodity.
Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi The Silent Z The Silent Z ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki redroseknight redroseknight

Last edited:
Nello was rather quiet during the whole Bartrand encounter. It wasn't his knack for convincing hard headed dwarves to hire them, least not to his knowledge. Nope. He was happy enough keeping to Amelie's left shoulder, quiet and observant. The dwarf seemed full up with hired hands.... Rather sure of himself too. A venture like this would be great for the family, bring in more coin and maybe, just maybe one day they could all move out of Uncle Gamlens small shack of a house. Nell was getting rather tired of old cheese and odor of some kind that was disturbing. Though it was further from mind as Nello took note of Amelie's knuckles, a frustration setting in?

"Oh, I don't know..... Grease a few and we could sell tickets. Nugs I mean... put on a show with noble girls chasing greased nugs." Nello joked merely using the moment to jest in his boredom. "We could call it.... Hightowns greatest chase..." He furthered. Honestly wouldn't be his first choice or venture of potential gold making. But it was least a distraction. This Bartrand seemed confident enough with his hirelings.... though based off appearances and of these guys were it.... Seemed like a poor crew. Biased though he was in this moment, he wanted to do something, help get his family back on track and happy again. While avoiding Templars, Kirkwall was rather known for how they treated mages these days, the knight commander ran a tight and brutal sounding city. Nello didn't want to see first hand just what happens to mages like him or his sister, Amelie.

Seeing lesser seeming hired swords for a job like this caravan was irritating. They'd have a full array of hirelings that were capable and had to be superior to this lot the dwarf had with him. They weren't limited to just blades and bows with the Hawkes and company. You need a team like that with darkspawn right?

Meanwhile as they walked throughout the city, making way for another part of town. Nello took his eyes away from people around him and set ahead toward the woman with a rather obvious figure, eye catching he'd have to admit. While feeling his sisters nudge.
"Oh? Another one rests with the nest, huh?" He began to crack them paused and thought it out for a moment. "Wait... nevermind, clearly not my best work, right?" He shrugged and laughed it off a bit as they approached. "I'd say ouch, but I'm getting used to that." Nello began though it wasn't hard to see that he the youngest Hawke, was fine taking a back seat in Kirkwall. He liked adventure and attention as well as the next but he liked his peace and free status too. It was more of a balance he sought, not the grand stage. Though he couldn't help but wonder if Gwyn would take that familiar comment well or if that still effected her like in Lothering, back to the place he still sees as home. Where Gwyn was the overlooked sibling yet now in kirkwall where she's spread her wings a bit and got some notice, he wasn't quite sure on how much it effected her now days.

Perhaps Kirkwall would be her new beginning and hopefully would be for each of them. So far.... it wasn't going so great in his opinion. Though it wasn't all in their control, but they're Hawkes and they seem to adapt well enough and make the best of it, right?

Archon Archon redroseknight redroseknight ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Last edited:
Vincente smirked crookedly, evidently amused. "And there's always just a good old-fashioned mugging," he suggested brightly, only partially joking. Better that than getting all pissed off about some dwarf deciding that he didn't need some of the most competent hired help he could've possibly found for a reasonable price. He wasn't as annoyed by it as his new maybe-friend Amelie Hawke was, but that didn't mean that it didn't come as a bit of an affront to his sense of mercenary pride.

He turned with the group, immediately spotting a rather... ahem... 'noticeable' character in an Orlesian mask and dress waving them over. The mask she was wearing was actually quite nice, going by some of the shit he'd watched Laura turn down. Of course, it was a very strange sight in Kirkwall, and given the rest of her outfit and the profession that suggested, it was more than likely a prop. A good one though. He was kind of impressed that whoever this girl worked for would shell out for a mask like that.

A little exchange between Amelie and Nello indicated that they'd seen her too.
"You know, I don't think the three of us would do too badly at that one's game. We easily look the part," Vincente commented slyly, indicating the woman with a nod. He followed at Amelie's shoulder as she approached, throwing on an unreadable, neutral masking expression. He was quietly impressed at how easily the stranger used an Orlesian accent, and at how easily she threw it off. She'd obviously been practising. It was refreshing to see people putting the work into their profession, even if that profession was being some manner of courtesan. A breath of fresh air. Metaphorically.

Archon Archon The Silent Z The Silent Z ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Madeline smirked at the comments between the three of them before chuckling at Amelie's words. "Or the right one, you never know these days. You work in my field you better trust those ideas than risk being wrong." She replied before looking at the other men with Hawke and giving them a wink, not helping herself thinking how attractive they were and what she could make from them. She remembered why she was here and focused on the task at had.

"I heard there was a couple of you Hawkes and inviting one would likely bring the others as well. All are equally valid to my patron." She began before thinking a moment. " My patron will like to speak to you at the Blooming Rose, she would have preferred to speak to you before speaking to Bertrand but it was when i found you. It is about getting into some sort of expedition, which i suspect was what you three were talking about with the dwarf. My patron seemed to have expected that, smart one that one and not one to be kept waiting."

She smiled in a sulty manner at the two men again. "And after maybe have good time too, all three of you and any friends will get a good deal from all the girls and boys. "Her eyes drifted to Vincente. "Might even be no charge with you sweet thing... Play your cards right and there is no funny business."
Archon Archon The Silent Z The Silent Z Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Vincente leaned forward, fixing the woman with a gaze that he felt was appropriately intense. "I assure you, there will be no funny business. I take my lovemaking very seriously, especially when such beautiful women are involved," he said in a low, intimate tone. Then he leaned back again and threw on a cocky smile. "Ha HA!" His eyes slid over to the other two Hawkes for a moment, briefly judging their reactions, then settled quickly back onto the woman's face again. Technically, her mask, but that was of no matter.

He had little intention of making visits to the Blooming Rose into a frequent thing - Therwen was already going there more than enough for all six Silver Sons - but Vincente De Bartarina had an image to maintain. And he wasn't some Andrastian priest, too busy pretending to be some supposed god's partner to even consider a real, living, breathing woman right in front of them. If a woman offered, especially someone who looked like this particular woman, then he wouldn't exactly say no. Not quite a 'yes', either. More a 'sure'.

Archon Archon ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki The Silent Z The Silent Z

Last edited:
Amelie's facade almost collapsed under the arrival at Madeline's point, her face briefly overwhelmed by a mask of sheer surprise before returning to a recollected picture of eager diplomacy. It was surely too good to be true, just when the expedition slipped through her fingers like sand an unknown patron swept in to rekindle hope; the hope of wealth, and escaping the poverty of Lowtown. "I'd, ask for dinner first, but a place on that expedition is far better." Amelie quipped in response at the joint innuendo shared between Vincente and the worker. Briefly glancing at Nello, Hawke struggled to hide her mischievous smirk. "Luckily for your patron, we just happened to be going to the Blooming Rose." She lied with jest, before switching the topic back on track without missing a beat. "I'd like to be done in time for supper, so let's put some distance between ourselves and Bartrand and find out what your mystery employer wants." Turning away from Madeline, Hawke Looking to her companions for notes of approval, Amelie turned back to Madeline with a gratuitous nod, "Pleasure doing business with you." She thanked in farewell, before the pit-patting of footsteps upon cobblestone gave way to her departure.

"I don't think they're having pillow fights..." The silence was broken as the trio stood idly outside the lavish red doors of the Blooming Rose brothel, "Maybe pillow bites." Amelie continued idly, before stepping forward and ignoring the growing nervousness of entering such an... infamous establishment. She wasn't one to be influenced easily, but brothel's were awkward for anyone not there to use them. The interior of the Blooming Rose was glorious in style, majestic paintings sat perched high upon the walls, hugged by gold ornate frames. The various tables and chairs bore the appearance of that which would be found in the chamber of a King or Queen. And despite the precarious nature of the establishment, everywhere one's eyes could roam was immaculate and clean, only enhancing the pure grandeur that oozed from every inch of the building; even the architecture was masterwork and unique. Although whilst absorbed in surveying the scene, the eldest Hawke let out a choked noise between a choke and a giggle, a light blush etching it's way onto her face. "Maker's breath..." Amelie muttered in feeble exhale, shielding her face with her palm from the gangly horde of naked bodies marching into view, casually flaunting themselves like a merchant flaunts his wares. "I really hope our patron is wearing cloths."
Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi The Silent Z The Silent Z ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Madeline chuckled. "My my aren't we a smooth one. A man full of surprises. Well the offer stand if you ever want to take me up on that." She said finally seemingly reading Vincent's reaction as uncertainty. She turned her attention, rather reluctantly as it seemed, back to Hawke. " You were, huh? Maker, i could have gone home early than wasting time here." She said in mock indignant disappointment and shrugged at Hawkes decision about what to do next. "If that is what you wish. I am just a messenger here, see my patron or not now it is on your head not mine." She said before winking at Vincent and walking off towards Lowtown, walking in a manner that swayed her hips in a particular showy way until she disappeared.

On the trios arrival to the rose, Madame Lusine noticed them and send one of the workers up to Tess' office and inform her on their arrival. Lusine than approached the trio. "Go on up, she has been expecting you." She said bluntly pointing at a room just left of the stairs. She was meant to move one before turning back to Hawke. "Oh and tell Gamlen not to show up here again unless he has the gold pay his tab. Even than he shouldn't expect any service most of the girls have bared him after the incident during the last time he was here."

In the office, Tess was pleased to hear the news feeling concerned that Madeline might have missed them or the Hawkes had given up joining the expedition. She thought to pay Madeline a little extra for her service, she earned. After dismissing her worked, she stood from her chair and walked up to her drinks cabinet and taking out a good bottle of wine and a few crystal glasses. She had prepared them on her desk when the trio entered. "Ah Hawkes and....Vincente? Right?" She asked courteously as she approached the two and offered her hand." Teressa of House Corrino. It is a pleasure to meet you in person."

The lady definitely knew her field and how to attract. Nell couldn't help but notice that point while keeping his mind on the matter rather then his eyes on the figure before him. The youngest but not without some priorities about him, she was cute and had certain assets about her before she even had to speak, but it wasn't hard to see the back and forth between Vincente and Her, while her task was curious and a little too convenient for his liking. What was the catch?

He then turned his eye toward Amelie as she spoke toward the pair and the innuendo between them. Giving a soft chuckle and head shake as the converse continued, though it still remained to him, what brought on this search for the Hawkes and offering them a job like this? Even after being turned down. It didn't add up yet. Guess that was why the meeting would become necessary. Shrugging Nello spoke up with a response that was intended to be short, obvious and curious, while chipping away at the unknown part of this arrangement and meeting.

"Diner is nice, expedition opportunity is great. But the price is what exactly? No good fortune comes free, especially when unfamiliar faces offer it." He spoke deciding to follow his elder sisters choice in the matter, though he still would like to know more, being at a disadvantage was getting old. First the red irons, now possibly another.... Though this one wasn't a debt, so maybe it won't be so bad. Yeah, might turn out just fine. Maybe......

Just had to settle the unknown by meeting the unknown. Face to face.

"I'm sure they aren't. I've heard plenty of noises just walking by this district. Templars frequent the place, I doubt they are pillow fighting enthusiasts. Never been inside though, could be all sorts of pillow games in here, or something." Nello replied with grin and kinda certain tone. Though he was curious of the place, it basically had its own district and offered tempting deals, least from what he has heard and seen so far. He still hadn't a clue on some of what he's heard things called, while he wasn't entirely sure if he even wanted to know. Something's were better left unknown, right?

But as the youngest Hawke stepped in, he not only could hear the sounds coming from the different rooms. But could now see the.... 'merchandise' ? Perhaps was a word for them? Naked bodies, walking about the main room like a showroom or something. It was hard not to notice, even Amelie seemed to react to the scene. Shielding her eyes from the free view while making their way through the room.

That's when the lady who spoke caught his attention, mentioning Gamlen and a incident and tab. Now he was certain of his theory something's were really best left to the unknown.
"Right... got it.... I'll definitely have that awkward conversation for him, my uncle, you can count on it.".... "However I'll be leaving that one to you.... Amelie or Gwyn... I'm fine with that too." Nello spoke with a awkward chuckle and sarcasm in his tone toward the lady and passing that one off on to another Hawke rather quickly. While rubbing the back of his neck regretting even knowing where his uncle goes much less knowing he has a high tab and incidents occurring in a place like this brothel. No way his visits were chantry approved after all.

But now atleast it was time to meet this patron, find out what she wanted in return for this expedition offer. Discover more while meeting new people, people who own brothels apparently. Following the others, he stepped up the stairs one after another before coming across Tess, the dwarf who stepped out from her desk and had prepped some drinks as she approached them in greetings and a hand offered.

"Umm... Yes nice to meet you.... Mind telling us the catch?" He spoke first in response and quickly asking for the answer he'd been curious about. " and those drinks are calling to me, if they are free, I'm game for one. Since you've got them out and poured. It'd be shame to waste them, rude too." The youngest added offering a brief but fair hand in reply to her offered hand. "Names Nello, tag along, youngest Hawke and occasionally a variety of other things."

Archon Archon Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Tess chuckled at the youngest Hawkes comment. "Indeed it is for all three of you, i just thought just handing you drinks without introduction would be rude... And a little suspect dont you think?" She said turning around once she shook hands with everyone, taking the glasses and offering them to their guest. "Carnal, 8:69 Blessed... One of my favourites and its reputation quite appropriate to my business." She explained before taking a sip of her own drink, taking a moment to savoir the test.

"In all honestly, i am not allowing you in the expedition as such... I am simply providing a potential way in." She began explaining. "And i have a vested interest in the expedition, providing a significant sum to get it of the ground. So it is my best interest to get people with your reputation as part of the expedition. The loveable fool Bertrand, doesn't know a good a opportunity if it hit him in the jaw and doesnt like to admit that he needs more help. Trying to persuade him to invest in his company was like pulling teeth, i wonder why bother sometimes..." She trailed of looking a little thoughtful and sad before forcing a smile once more."But that is nether here or there."

At the continued journey trailing after Madeline, Amelie found her eyebrows perking up slightly at the sight of their patron, gracefully she paced forward, her lips parting to speak only for Nello to pounce on the opportunity to breathe life into her very thoughts. Everything seemed awfully peachy given the conversation with Bertrand, a catch was surely expected; that was until Tess effortlessly shook off the doubt with evidence of her being cunning, smart and a significantly better manager than Bartrand. "So, let me get this right... you need an elite group of fighters who're paramount to the success of this expedition?" Amelie questioned with masked eagerness, hiding the bounce of her feet with an overstretched smirk aimed giddily at Tess. "Well, you won't find better than us! Brains, brawn and beauty, all for the price of one." She finished with a confident smile, gesturing at herself, Vincente and Nello, respectively.
The Silent Z The Silent Z ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi

"Indeed. You have each a plenty of those qualities. Your work with as a mercenaries is quite the testimate, you didn't just get bh but you excelled with stories that would make for a good book. "She said chuckling at Amelies reaction before giving s look of someone uncertain about how to say the next thing on her mind." However... to Bertrand believes he has enough guards and warriors. What he really needs is investors... If you can gather 50 sovereigns and invest it into the expedition, Bertrand can't refuse you. Not mention you will become a partner like myself and therefore entitled to a larger share of the loot " She explained.

"You do run a brothel, always check before you grab. Never know what's it going to cost you." Nello replied in turn with a soft chuckle and amused expression as if something witty just left his tongue. "But yes, you're right. Introduction after drinks is suspect, but a thirsty man with eye for the catch gets distracted. Mixed priorities, you understand?" He continued in overall agreement with the womanly dwarf gladly taking the drink offered and slowly appreciating the Carnal 8:69 blessed. "Oh? A favorite then, it's good but I've favored another. Yet you also can't beat free, I'll have reason to drink and appreciate this blessed Carnal either way. Though I never understood why drinks like this always have blessed attached to them. I doubt the gods care much for our liking to strong but smooth wonders in liquid form." Nello pondered aloud and continued to savor his drink in slow but appreciative form. It had been awhile since his last drink, between his mother talking his ear off about drinking and being out with Amelie his mouth was rather dry and desiring something cold and if it was strong, then even better.

"I knew it. The catch is something having to do with gold or bribing that Bartrand with.... whatever the hell he likes. He does like something, right?" Nello drifted toward the end in wonder if that dwarf liked anything or anyone. But the overall point wasn't lost on him, Tessa was offering a way in and not a joyride into the expedition. A catch in itself..... more work ahead..... not that he minded work, they could handle that, but it all seemed like drag if Bartrand didn't come around to see things their way. He just didn't seem like a easy fellow and from what Tessa was saying, he wasn't and it went beyond first impressions perhaps?

Nello couldn't help but grin a bit as Amelie spoke and gestured towards the trio. Tessa agreed and was laying on some charm, speaking highly of them, likely smart to reach the end game or she was true in her spoken thoughts of them. Either way, the young mage was liking it, though he stayed level and listening for now, waiting for that big reveal he had been waiting for since their arrival.

But patience was proving that it would come and it did. Fifty gold to invest with Bartrand and this expedition into the... deep roads, right? Nello wasn't a legendary tactical mind, but it was rather obvious to him, that any trip into the deep roads that didn't have army behind it and plenty of supplies and know how... was foolish, risky business. Yet this Bartrand thought he had enough arms to get in and out? Maybe it was good to know this Tessa had her own investment in this deal or else things could get ugly and end badly.

Though he had to admit partners sounded better then glorified lackeys to this dwarf and his fool ways guided by temper and glory. Yet with fifty gold..... Was this expedition worth investing that kind gold and after earning that much gold? That kind of coin could go a long ways in itself, much less risk it with a larger fortune. Though if it paid off.... maybe they could become rich and have the wealth to make life so much better then it was now?

Gotta wonder how Gwyn and mom will take the news of this expedition.... well if Amelie agrees and starts gathering that kind of gold.

Archon Archon ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi

In between Nello's hapless yet rather humerous dialogue on wine, the elder Hawke sibling's heart nearly shattered as a prospective path from poverty quickly came with a steep price; one steep enough to ruin any point of being here. "Right..." Amelie muttered, her face inkling into a disappointed if not more concerned frown. "This isn't a job offer, it's partnership which needs coin I - we - don't have." The woman answered with a drawn out gesture to Vincente and her brother, despite the fact she wasn't even sure if their roguish partner-in-crime would be willing to invest in this definitely-dangerous-and-potentially-fruitless expedition.

"Unless you have a map to a tree that grows sovereigns, I'm afraid you'll have to seek partnership elsewhere." Though the words came out affirmative and confident, strengthened by a defiant stance with arms folded and hips aligned both of which betrayed her desire to leave, Amelie couldn't help but feel her gut tighten. This was a way in, but if they had 50 sovereigns spare for reckless investment, they wouldn't be here money-scrounging to begin with, surely the dwarf knew as much, and if that were the case, this conversation didn't end with the party departing the Blooming Rose.

Though she couldn't attest for the integrity of their new acquaintance, Tessa, the first impression was enough to hope she'd offer enough insight in not only the acquisition of the sum needed, but also the guarantee of reimbursement for a failed expedition. Though the latter seemed highly unlikely, Amelie was very aware of her abilities and reputation and had every intention of abusing that to it's limit, despite the reality of their situation; and how desperate the Hawke household really was.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki The Silent Z The Silent Z Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tess kept a casual air about her seemingly unperturbed by Hawkes threat to leave. She looked down at her drink, shook the goblet a little before taking a sip. She shavoured the taste for a moment before looking back up at the guest. "The tree is the expedition, trust me it will pay many times more than the investment. Enough to get you back the Amell home with leftovers enough to live on. It might even make a dent to your uncle's debts though that is practically throwing away money.."

She paused a moment and took another sip." Also I am not just presenting you a way in. I have put my boys and girls to work finding you potential odd jobs a party like yours do that could earn you that money." She added more seriously. "I will also have the services of myself to and the sharpest girls you will ever know, Merill and Isabella, to assist you in the job. Like i said I invested heavily in the expedition, I have a lot to gain and lose and which way this will go hangs on you and your party."

Content to let the Hawkes handle the negotiating, Vincente stood behind them and listened intently. His eyes and attention wandered a little when passing through the main area, running rather counter to Amelie's reaction of shielding her face, while Nello quietly pretending that the distractions weren't there took up the middle ground. The only statement he had issue with, really, was being labelled as 'brawn', but he supposed that the other two were mages, so it was simply a matter of there being only one slot left to fill.

Back in the present, Vincente couldn't help himself. "In that case," he interjected with a cocky smirk, "we're guaranteed success. I assume I would also get an appropriate payout, were I to be involved in this venture as well?" Perhaps there was hope for the Silver Sons making a return to their former glory after all. Money enough to buy back a noble estate and live in it could certainly go some way to enlarging the group. Enough at least to make a start. Might give Meeran a nasty shock, given his opinions on Vincente and his followers, to see them back and at the head of a rapidly-growing mercenary company that would no doubt eventually be known to outclass the Red Irons. Yes, Vincente was feeling rather vindictive today, so those images were playing rather nicely in his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back