• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dragon Age Inquisition: The Rp (1 Spot open)

The Silent Z

Just Here
Rp wise- I'm looking to get back into Dragon Age. Namely one I haven't really done yet, tried a original idea based off and following a canon story, plus have done a couple canon rewrites with origins and DA 2 with a group of friends on here over my time on RPN. But now am looking to get a Inquisition Rp off the ground and use the old formula of OC's taking over the canon spots. Such as your own OC with their own background and etc that can plausibly replace a canon role, then they'd become the Rps version of Vivienne (for example) and so on and so forth.

RPN rules and basic/standard Rp rules apply. Preferably active folks please, if you can't post or have reasonable and/or serious reasons for delay, I'll understand, but let's not get into a pattern of holding others up each time a scene happens, cool? Cool.

Since this Rp idea is set in stone plot wise for the most part and is known. I don't feel a reason for adding that info right now. Just checking interest and seeing if any serious takers are up for joining this Rp?

Roles:
Inquisitor- Taken FireMaiden FireMaiden
Cassandra- Taken Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi
Vivienne- Taken varda varda
Varric- Taken Xylona Xylona
Blackwall- Taken @m e
Iron Bull/Cole- Taken Archon Archon
Cullen- Taken Archdemon Archdemon
Sera- Open
Solas/Dorian- Taken SerenityAngel SerenityAngel
Josephine/leliana- Taken Han JiHyo Han JiHyo

If you've got an idea where you can combine two roles into one and thus take the spots of two Canon characters then I am honestly open to hearing them out. Because a smaller group is ideal then have ten folks in one Rp and some roles like Sera & Cole for example I think can be combined or one left out as they really don't add much in the overall plot. Cole more so then Sera adds something, but no need for both imo. They were ok, but not memorable.

Last edited:
I've played DA: Origins and DA:II but haven't played Inquisition yet. Although I do know the main storyline thanks to my friends. But would that be a problem since you are apparently wanting to keep this fairly canonical?

Edit: Josephine and Lelianna can be combined, I reckon.

I've played DA: Origins and DA:II but haven't played Inquisition yet. Although I do know the main storyline thanks to my friends. But would that be a problem since you are apparently wanting to keep this fairly canonical?

Edit: Josephine and Lelianna can be combined, I reckon.
That's no issue. I'm open for some original add ins and backstories, ocs and etc. just nothing major that takeaway from the main plot and important Inquisition details. If I'm making sense in that description.

Just knowing the main storyline is enough though. And yeah, some roles I think could be easily combined to reduce the need for a larger group of players. Lelianna & Josephine could be rather easy to combine role wise.

Okay, cool! Colour me interested in this. I just need to brush up on the lores and places and characters from Inquisition. (That's what Google's for ;) )
I was actually thinking that I would blend the roles of Lelianna and Josephine for my OC.

Okay, cool! Colour me interested in this. I just need to brush up on the lores and places and characters from Inquisition. (That's what Google's for ;) )
I was actually thinking that I would blend the roles of Lelianna and Josephine for my OC.
Awesome! I'll chalk you down as a player then. Also true google comes in handy for such lore and details on various things for Rps and etc. ^_
But ok, if you want to take those two and blend them I'll reserve that for you.

I'm interested. Might take either Cullen or Solas. Most likely Solas.

I've played all 3 games, beat both origins and inquisition yet I was never able to beat 2 since I couldn't defeat the second to last boss. T-T

I'm interested. Might take either Cullen or Solas. Most likely Solas.

I've played all 3 games, beat both origins and inquisition yet I was never able to beat 2 since I couldn't defeat the second to last boss. T-T

I'm going to actually go with Cullen type character since I've found some good pics for that type of character.

I've played every dragon age game at least a dozen times with every background and choice possible. I know the game inside and out and I would love to take over either the Inquisitor's position or Cullen's or a blend of both!

Archdemon Archdemon Ok cool, welcome aboard. Second to last boss? Hmm... Do you mean the act II boss in the Arishock or the second to last boss in act III where you fight the first enchanter Orsino? (Apologies for any spoiler there, if one was present) The Arishock is a major pain to beat though, took me awhile and I still have some trouble if I try using a rogue against him. Side note: I'll chalk you down for Cullen then since your going with his role.

FireMaiden FireMaiden ok cool, welcome aboard. I'll put you down for the inquisitors role then

SerenityAngel SerenityAngel ok cool, welcome... Though it seems both inquisitor & Cullen have been taken already. Sorry just a tad late for them, but other roles are open if you'd like.

Archdemon Archdemon Ok cool, welcome aboard. Second to last boss? Hmm... Do you mean the act II boss in the Arishock or the second to last boss in act III where you fight the first enchanter Orsino? (Apologies for any spoiler there, if one was present) The Arishock is a major pain to beat though, took me awhile and I still have some trouble if I try using a rogue against him. Side note: I'll chalk you down for Cullen then since your going with his role.

FireMaiden FireMaiden ok cool, welcome aboard. I'll put you down for the inquisitors role then

SerenityAngel SerenityAngel ok cool, welcome... Though it seems both inquisitor & Cullen have been taken already. Sorry just a tad late for them, but other roles are open if you'd like.

Orsino, I had a horrible time against him. Could not for the life if me beat him. I don't even remember what level I was but I tried everything I could think of and nothing worked. Well either way I already know what happens in the story and the DLC's so I didn't really lose much.

I don't think I had much problem with the Arishock, well I do know he was difficult to beat but he wasn't nearly as hard as Orsino.

Orsino, I had a horrible time against him. Could not for the life if me beat him. I don't even remember what level I was but I tried everything I could think of and nothing worked. Well either way I already know what happens in the story and the DLC's so I didn't really lose much.

I don't think I had much problem with the Arishock, well I do know he was difficult to beat but he wasn't nearly as hard as Orsino.
Ah I see. I had the reverse trouble, Orsino was fine for me, but the Arishock was a pain. Though my first try was with a rogue archer with little dual wield so I was in for a tough time anyway. But yeah I get it, for me it was just the opposite.

But cool, good to know on the spoiler front.

Just so y'all know, I've never played dragon age 2, and only have finished dragon age origins, so some of my knowledge of events and stuff may be a little lacking.

lol I was wondering if you would notice lol. I was thinking a combo Solas and Dorian.
It's been so long since I've played DA and even inquisition, plus was at work at time of thread creation. So kinda forgot but not completely haha. I always liked Dorian but a Solas & Dorian combo I'm open to hearing

Oshit, it's Saru. I have an idea or two for the Cassandra role. I'll look up some stuff to make sure I'm not fucking anything up.
Archon Archon I know you're busy right now but that won't last toooo long, right? You got any interest in this?

If I took the role of 'Varric' would my character have to be a dwarf, or would it simply have to be a ranged/archer type with many connections and a bit of comic relief? Lol. I'd love the role if I didn't need to play a dwarf. If you want them to be a dwarf, I'd happily take the role of Sera/Cole.

If I took the role of 'Varric' would my character have to be a dwarf, or would it simply have to be a ranged/archer type with many connections and a bit of comic relief? Lol. I'd love the role if I didn't need to play a dwarf. If you want them to be a dwarf, I'd happily take the role of Sera/Cole.
No. the only Varric traits or details really you need is your connection to the plot and DA lore- Dwarf, elf, human and qunari wise is optional. Though with Varric I'd say keeping a bianca type deal would be nice, but not required either. Just the Varric connection to the DA lore is important.

No. the only Varric traits or details really you need is your connection to the plot and DA lore- Dwarf, elf, human and qunari wise is optional. Though with Varric I'd say keeping a bianca type deal would be nice, but not required either. Just the Varric connection to the DA lore is important.
I guess I'll ask a similar thing. What requirements are there for the Cassandra role?

I guess I'll ask a similar thing. What requirements are there for the Cassandra role?
Basically the same. DA for any role is having that tie in that each character has for being there in the series, unless they are a additional/fodder type character that has no major connections to the main plot and is just there for new faces and names. Cassandra being the divines right hand and a seeker with a major role in the inquisition, you'd need to keep those requirements as they tie Cass into the DA main plot of inquisition and provides a history with Varrics role and the Templars storyline. If that makes sense?

Plus her history with the leliana role also ties them together in DA lore too. Seeing as Leliana is the left hand of the divine and a co-founder so to speak of the new inquisition.

Hers a link to her bio/wiki page Cassandra Pentaghast

It's just like the old DA Rps we were both in with Jaz and crew. Only different game and etc. you can still play around and create your own ic and backstory, just find a way to fit in the necessary stuff like seeker and later divine right hand and inquisition path in order to keep what we would need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back