• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dragon Age: Fen'Harel - {OOC}

Who’s going to be our Inky poo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Terrier B

Elephants can smell water.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
358-3589454_dragon-age-origins-dragon-age-origins-logo-png.png

1596640097938.png

(I legit just went with Fen'Harel cause like... He's pretty much the one reason we're all here, and 'The Hunt for Baldy Man' doesn't sound as professional I suppose)

OOC

This here is the place where we can initially discuss all plot, character, world and general narrative-type elements we'd like to include within the RP.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford TYPE TYPE Braddington Braddington PrankFox PrankFox BrandedAFreak BrandedAFreak ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki vaelis vaelis Crayons Crayons shdjskakak shdjskakak

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, I've made a list of important things we need to consider first i suppose, here is that there list:

- History, with regards to events of previous games specifically. Think Dragon Age Keep.​
- Egg Boi, What he does and when he does it, and how it initially affects our characters and sets them off on their quest.​
- Our own characters, with regards to how they already know and/or get to know each other. What forms them into a group for the purposes of the RP's story, etc.​
- The Fate of the Inquisition, and the Inquisitor.​
- The Mage Rebellion, how did it all go down. Or has it even properly finished yet really?​
- E L V E S​
- I will probably add a little more to this as we go, and I remember things that I have inevitably forgotten at this present moment in time.​

But to save us all getting confused and discussing everything all at once, I thought we could go through them all one by one, just to keep things clear.

So, that said, first topic up for discussion is actually the Cheeky lil egg man himself, and all the stuff he's getting up to. Regardless of the Inquisitor and their opinions/decisions regarding Solas at the end of Trespasser, it's relatively clear that he's going to do his damnedest to tear down the veil no matter what. He's already doing a pretty good job at getting that started too by the looks of things, as even throughout Trespasser, that boi has quite a few spies and agents all over the place. However, I'm aware that if he just legit tore down the veil within the first few lines of the RP it would be literal chaos in so many different ways, on so many different ways. So, my proposition is this: As the man himself explains in DA:I And Trespasser, he had to take a REALLY big nap (Uthenera) to even recover from banishing the Elven Pantheon behind the Veil in the first place. By the time Trespasser goes down, he has supposedly regained much of that power, but, surely he still needs to tap into an additional source yet to do something like, oh, you know, tear down the sky. So I suggest that Solas needs to either find/unlock/generally tap into yet another Orb of Power, similar to the one he tried to get old Coryphues to unlock throughout DA:I. Our characters could somehow learn/be informed of his plan, and have their first order/quest as a group be to try and get to it/stop him/whatever, before Solas is able to do his thing with it. It might be interesting if our little gang isn't exactly successful either, but that can be discussed much later yet. For now, does that make sense as an initial Quest Goal? What are Y'alls thoughts?

Last edited:
That sounds fine! maybe our characters are working for an organization formed specifically to stop Solas after the Inquisition fell apart?

Sounds good. The orb could be the orb of the Head Elven God Elgar'nan. There is lore on other elven gods known as the Forgotten Ones, Solas could have a plan to find and release them and use their power to break the veil. The could even be connected with the Darkspawn Gods.

I wouldnt mind going the inquisition off shot but i had a thought maybe go mercenary group, à la Bulls Chargers who comes in contact with the secret remnant of the disbanded Inquisition.

Works for me! Have some people start out in the mercenary group and others in the Inquisition remnant rather than one big group from the get go?

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki PrankFox PrankFox

Yasssss! I have been doing my homework on the Pantheon lately, so I get what you mean. I might be wrong here, so beg pardon if I am, but the Forgotten Ones were like, other Elven Gods that existed around the time of the Pantheon that got sealed elsewhere as opposed to the actual Pantheon that got locked away in the 'heavens', right?? From what there is known about them, they're generally seen as like, more nasty type gods, than the supposedly 'good' pantheon bunch. Ooooo, yas. I like this angle a lot.

I feel it makes the most sense for it to have been Elgar'nan's Orb too, since he was the head honcho and what have you, so I'm down with that. Good thinking.

As for how the group starts off too, since there's pro's for both, how about a off shoot of the now disbanded inquisition decides Solas/Fen'Harel needs dealing with, and they therefore decide to hire out a mercenary group? I feel like this could work quite well, as I feel it would be pretty fun and interesting to have the few characters from the Inquisition off-shoot actually having first hand knowledge about Fen'Harel, in that, they would have known, or at the very least come across and maybe worked with Solas during the time of the Inquisition.

We all cool with those decisions so far then my dudes?? Feel free to speak up if otherwise, no bother 🌞
TYPE TYPE Braddington Braddington BrandedAFreak BrandedAFreak vaelis vaelis Crayons Crayons shdjskakak shdjskakak The Silent Z The Silent Z

Was just doing some Homework now, and the short story The Dread Wolf Take You from Tevinter Nights is literally very similar to the kind of start we're going for I think haha. Considering the timing of things, I think our little RP would be taking place in the later 9:40s, maybe even 9:50 exactly, just to keep it even. So about 9/10 years after Inquisition, and about six-ish years after the events of Trespasser

(Also, Solas... like, canonically enjoys wearing wigs I guess)

On the orb point, I am reminded of his scene with Flemeth/Mythal. It could be that he is trying to unlock the power of the All-Mother and All-Father to do this task. He obviously needed his own power back, hence the Orb of Destruction, then he absorbed Mythal's power in the post-credits scene. Now he is searching for Elgar'nan's Orb to complete the trifecta.

Since I do not know the lore nearly as much as you people, I will defer to your good judgement on these matters. From what I have read, I don't have any particular problem with the concept. Since we know so little about any of this anyway, I feel like playing someone who learns this all in time should be fun. I think I should probably go through some of the deeper lore vids though - just to get a refresh. But yeah, looking forward to it,

Hmm i am thinking

An elven blood mage she hides this part of inquisition

A qunari knight enchanter part of merc group

Or a human neverain necromancer likely inquisition

On the orb point, I am reminded of his scene with Flemeth/Mythal. It could be that he is trying to unlock the power of the All-Mother and All-Father to do this task. He obviously needed his own power back, hence the Orb of Destruction, then he absorbed Mythal's power in the post-credits scene. Now he is searching for Elgar'nan's Orb to complete the trifecta.

*Cut to me desperately ransacking the files in my brain for what the All Mother+Father is/are again*
I'm sorry for my lapse in knowhow, but by All Mom n' Dad, do you mean Mythal and Elgar'nan? Or to something/someone else I'm forgetting? ;0
Otherwise though, yes! I get what you mean completely with regards to completing the set, so to speak. I think that suit's our little RP to a T!!

Since I do not know the lore nearly as much as you people, I will defer to your good judgement on these matters. From what I have read, I don't have any particular problem with the concept. Since we know so little about any of this anyway, I feel like playing someone who learns this all in time should be fun. I think I should probably go through some of the deeper lore vids though - just to get a refresh. But yeah, looking forward to it,

I know what you mean, and also like the idea of the group of characters learning all of this too!! They're never gonna know what hit 'em.

The more I think about it with regards to characters, I'm thinking you we could have them start from one of two points: Group A) A group of friends/like minded individuals who all met and got to know each other as members of the Inquisition. After it was disbanded, they decide not enough is being done about Solas and make it their self ordained quest to try and stop him. This will work well too, as unless someone else would particularly like to take up the mantle, I've a good idea for a character that can act as at the very least the groups Intellectual head.
Group B) A rag-tag merc group with a hilariously cheesy name (that will most definitely have to be discussed). The Inquisition, as we all saw with the Chargers, accepted and hired help from small outside organisations in various places, so it makes sense that perhaps the Merc group has already even been hired by the Inquisition at some point for something or other, and it's therefore not too out of the blue for group A to send word for them. Haven't quite figured out what group B could have, or even still are doing in the meantime though. The Qunari are getting a little eager from the sounds of things, so maybe they could have been hired out by a someone or someplace in the more Tevinter type direction?? Idk, just spitballin' with that one rlly haha.

Also, I got distracted there, but also, I have genuinely been reading page after page from the Wikia site like it's a genuine book, I am so starved for content at this point haha, that's legit the only reason I'm relatively sharp at all on the lore rn haha.

Hmm i am thinking

An elven blood mage she hides this part of inquisition

A qunari knight enchanter part of merc group

Or a human neverain necromancer likely inquisition

They're really fun character ideas!! I think when I get down to the nitty gritty of both general RP rules and character creation rules, I'm going to limit it to two main characters per player, that way everyone gets to play a character from each starting group side if they want. That said though, I'm very loosey goosey when it comes to NPC's. Y'all can have as many as them as you like, haha.

Also, did Y'all know it's called Thedas because it stands for THE, D ragon, A ge, Setting??? I was shook 😮😮

Omg.. The tension already 😭 😭

Something really interesting I am very excited to write about though with the elves, is that if/when Solas succeeds at all, even partly, Elves, even Non-Mage elves, should start to regain some long forgotten magic? It'll be interesting to decide if that turns out like how some Hedge Mages suffer, or if you suddenly just have a bunch of deathly-now-also-magically-capable elves running about the place

I'm definitely gonna go mage. Hmmm...I'm tempted to make them a Warden, or even a child of the HoF. Not holding out hope for the latter option, though.

I figured once we have everything else relatively settled, then we can go in and decide the exact setup for the version o Thedas we'll have if you get me. I won't be bothering to go all ham on every single choice that needs to be made, because by god there are quite a few random ones in that whole timeline, but we'll certainly decide the most important ones collectively. Especially Inquisitor based ones too, as I feel they'll be particularly important to this RP ;0

How old would the kid be if it was one of the HoF's tho?? a lil baby?? ;0

Inquisition takes placa bout ten years after Origins, and if this takes place after Inquisition, that would make the HoF's potential children, at the oldest, about 20. Like I said, I don't really expect to use the concept, hehe.

*Cut to me desperately ransacking the files in my brain for what the All Mother+Father is/are again*
I'm sorry for my lapse in knowhow, but by All Mom n' Dad, do you mean Mythal and Elgar'nan? Or to something/someone else I'm forgetting? ;0
Otherwise though, yes! I get what you mean completely with regards to completing the set, so to speak. I think that suit's our little RP to a T!!

I know what you mean, and also like the idea of the group of characters learning all of this too!! They're never gonna know what hit 'em.

The more I think about it with regards to characters, I'm thinking you we could have them start from one of two points: Group A) A group of friends/like minded individuals who all met and got to know each other as members of the Inquisition. After it was disbanded, they decide not enough is being done about Solas and make it their self ordained quest to try and stop him. This will work well too, as unless someone else would particularly like to take up the mantle, I've a good idea for a character that can act as at the very least the groups Intellectual head.
Group B) A rag-tag merc group with a hilariously cheesy name (that will most definitely have to be discussed). The Inquisition, as we all saw with the Chargers, accepted and hired help from small outside organisations in various places, so it makes sense that perhaps the Merc group has already even been hired by the Inquisition at some point for something or other, and it's therefore not too out of the blue for group A to send word for them. Haven't quite figured out what group B could have, or even still are doing in the meantime though. The Qunari are getting a little eager from the sounds of things, so maybe they could have been hired out by a someone or someplace in the more Tevinter type direction?? Idk, just spitballin' with that one rlly haha.

Also, I got distracted there, but also, I have genuinely been reading page after page from the Wikia site like it's a genuine book, I am so starved for content at this point haha, that's legit the only reason I'm relatively sharp at all on the lore rn haha.

They're really fun character ideas!! I think when I get down to the nitty gritty of both general RP rules and character creation rules, I'm going to limit it to two main characters per player, that way everyone gets to play a character from each starting group side if they want. That said though, I'm very loosey goosey when it comes to NPC's. Y'all can have as many as them as you like, haha.

Also, did Y'all know it's called Thedas because it stands for THE, D ragon, A ge, Setting??? I was shook 😮😮

Oh i will only pick one lol

All these ideas sound great to me!

Not completely sure what character I'm gonna play yet. Thinking maybe an ex-templar

It's ok my dudes, I'll be away from a PC for a day or two so Proper Lore + Character Thread won't be up for a lil bit yet. Plenty of time to think yet,

Speaking of, next topic up for debate I think was the specific fate of the Inquisition + Inquisitor. I personally think by this point, as I've mentioned already I think, the Inquisition will have fallen into disrepair and eventual total collapse some way or the other. I suppose all we need to decide there is was it a decided end, like one of the given options at the end of trespasser to prevent further corruption and invasion, or did they try to struggle onwards and just eventually ungracefully fall into disbanding?

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki PrankFox PrankFox

Yasssss! I have been doing my homework on the Pantheon lately, so I get what you mean. I might be wrong here, so beg pardon if I am, but the Forgotten Ones were like, other Elven Gods that existed around the time of the Pantheon that got sealed elsewhere as opposed to the actual Pantheon that got locked away in the 'heavens', right?? From what there is known about them, they're generally seen as like, more nasty type gods, than the supposedly 'good' pantheon bunch. Ooooo, yas. I like this angle a lot.

I feel it makes the most sense for it to have been Elgar'nan's Orb too, since he was the head honcho and what have you, so I'm down with that. Good thinking.

As for how the group starts off too, since there's pro's for both, how about a off shoot of the now disbanded inquisition decides Solas/Fen'Harel needs dealing with, and they therefore decide to hire out a mercenary group? I feel like this could work quite well, as I feel it would be pretty fun and interesting to have the few characters from the Inquisition off-shoot actually having first hand knowledge about Fen'Harel, in that, they would have known, or at the very least come across and maybe worked with Solas during the time of the Inquisition.

We all cool with those decisions so far then my dudes?? Feel free to speak up if otherwise, no bother 🌞
TYPE TYPE Braddington Braddington BrandedAFreak BrandedAFreak vaelis vaelis Crayons Crayons shdjskakak shdjskakak The Silent Z The Silent Z
YESSS!

All fine with the above and have read other news that’s since been posted. No clarity on what kind of character I’d run with... But in due time I suppose, surely.

YESSS!

All fine with the above and have read other news that’s since been posted. No clarity on what kind of character I’d run with... But in due time I suppose, surely.

Could do an alteration of our characters from your rp

Would you like to join my revolution to free mages?
🧐 Free you say? What if I were a mage already free? I think it be tempting if a trap it ain’t be.

Could do an alteration of our characters from your rp
Hmm.... My Cousland lad rewritten? Perhaps. A few different ideas of long since past characters come to mind as possibilities and for some reason a vague urge to make a character named Giuseppe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back