• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon Age: Chantry vs Qun // The Weight of Faith

PakkuVen

Kupo!
Name: Reth'Kaari (Protect Knowledge/Mind)

Affiliation: Tal-Vashoth (But only for a few months in Kirkwall)

Appearance: A dark blue-ish gray, stout as any Qunari but also coming up slightly shorter than the average. He has two sets of horns that sweep backwards in a way resembling Flemeth's hairstyle, though they are still growing back in after a lifetime of them being grounded short. His own silvery hair reaches his shoulders, which he braids in simple out of the way plaits.

Skills: Sailing, Only basic skills in camping and martial combat.

Magic: All Qunari and Tal-Vashoth mages are technically hedge mages in their magical style. His is primarily based on water and wind. He can cast a version of a barrier that must be maintained but is also more adaptable. Making it more effective with a dedicated battle partner. All his spells are useful for combat or ship-board life, and use no focus like a staff.

Biography: Reth was originally born into the Qun. Thus he did not have a name until becoming Tal-Vashoth during the events of DA2 in Kirkwall. Reth, Saarebas at the time, had always been a strong-willed mage that struggled to obey the Qun as required of him. He did however obeyed enough that the strictest punishment he suffered was stitching his mouth shut. There is not much to say of what happened until one day his Arvaarad was killed in combat and he escaped. This happened at the tail end of events in Kirkwall. Despite how often Hawke himself had kill other Tal-Vashoth Reth saw the kind of man the champion was and recognize it was borne of their lack of understanding.

Miscellaneous:
  • Horn design chosen to resemble Flemeth/Mythal because she can turn into a dragon, and according to myth she had children. Also according to fragments of records it can be theorized Qunari, descended from the Kossith, were in fact elves mixed with dragon-blood by Ghilan'nain.

Noted in a personal journal written in common:
I am Reth'Kaari, a Tal-Vashoth, or True Grey. I have cut ties to the Qun a mere 4 months ago. I write this journal both as a reminder to myself and for those who come after to recognize my journey of self-enlightenment. At least that is my hope. Whether or not I reach my goal I hope to reman myself to the end. I hope that my struggles will empower others be they Qunari or not. My life under the Qun was oppressive no mater what they say. For Bas perhaps I need to explain that Saarebas, mages, are both feared and pitied under the Qun. Feared for the danger we present and pitied for having to suffer due to circumstances of birth. They will say we are also honored by this sacrifice we must make by this circumstance of birth. These honeyed words never reached me during my time under the Qun. I did not fit right. Their words, also, did not fit right with their actions.

One fateful day my Arvaarad, my templar, died and I saw my chance to be free! But not really- even among the Bas of the south freedom was a hard to grasp concept. Be they mage or not. The answers were too varied about the meaning of freedom. It was a hard time of my life, newly Tal-Vashoth, with no Kith to teach me. No allies to call out to. But like many in those dark days of Kirkwall I looked to the example of Garret Hawke.
--------------------------
I have a confession that Garret Hawke, Champion of Kirkwall, has attacked my kith. It was a hard battle that we lost. Many felt intensely that they were wronged as the champion heaped punishment upon as with declaration that it was a "mercy". I find myself drawn to these contradictions like moth to flame. I have checked the defenses of my mind and find no tampering of demons. But then again I suppose those that have fallen found no tampering, not of the own making, in the end. I believe myself of sound mind, and can confirm my body remains unchanged. It is as it was when I was Qunari. Despite the anger of my Kith I believe The Champion was doing the best he believed he could for all peoples. My weight of my skills did not outweigh the risk of danger brought upon my kith. I have volunteered to leave with their blessing. I seek out the champion and his crew in Kirkwall.
------------------------
My search did not go as I had hoped. I was not surprised by the unwillingness, nor the violent defensiveness of those whom I sought for answers. But I am sadden by it for some died, and I did not. A dwarf approached me today asking questions and I am hopeful.
------------------------
The dwarf has disappeared, and so had the champion. I fear what implications may be made in my wake. The destruction of the Bas's Andrastian's temple was a serious enough incident for me to fear blind retaliation. I had already been prepared to leave when news of Knight-Commander Meredith's death. In my heart I feel joyous! Though I quiet this for I do not know the entirety of her story. She often proclaimed she was doing what she thought was best for this city...this city I must leave behind. I hope I survive to write more into this journal. I hope whomever reads this is wise. As I write i know I am limited. I also know it is in our nature to create bonds to others. This bond I create with you dear reader...I hope you are better for it. I hope after I am long gone that the world is better to live in- even the smallest of ways.

Now:
-----------------------
Reth'Kaari walked quietly alone a decent distance from the imperial highway, which he used as an anchor to his position. While he was safe from casual patrols he did not let his guard down in case the less savory dregs of society had the same idea as him. The fact he was walking here alone was all the more reason for him to be wary of his surroundings, and rest as often as he needed. Reth could not afford a single mistake as he trekked a path would eventually lead him to a nearby Dalish clan. Perhaps they would not welcome him but he could not let that stop him. He wanted to learn. He wanted to help! According to rumors the Sabre clan was hurting for help he could offer...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back