• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Drag Race RP with OCs

jadafun

Faerie Princess
I've been wanting a roleplay based on Drag Race for months now, but the only ones I find are either dead, didn't get much interest, or just involve roleplaying as real world performers. I'm specifically craving a roleplay with completely original drag personalities! I'd prefer to play a contestant, as I'm not at all confident in my ability to judge, so I'd appreciate if someone else volunteered to run it, if they're willing. I'll specify the type of scenario I'm looking for, but if someone runs it, you are allowed to change or do things differently, of course.

I prefer when the winners/bottoms are chosen by stats, instead of a random number generator, to make it feel like an actual fair competition. A way I've seen it done that I really like is having the players assign their skills from strongest to weakest in eleven stats. Such as this:
  • 1. Sewing
  • 2. Outfits/Styling
  • 3. Make-Up
  • 4. Improv
  • 5. Acting
  • 6. Impersonation
  • 7. Comedy
  • 8. Performing
  • 9. Singing/Dancing
  • 10. Writing
  • 11. Lip-Syncing
Then, using the relevant skills to calculate how they did in the challenge/runway. For example, Comedy/Improv/Impersonation for Snatch Game, Performing/Lip-Syncing for Lip-Syncs, and so on. Another thing is note is that all types of drag are allowed, Queens, Kings, Club Kids, Genderfunky, and so on. I know personally how difficult it is to find ways of making visuals for outfits. Depending on what the GM and the players prefer, this could be a text only game where outfits are either just described or left to everyone's imaginations. Or, if possible, players can be allowed to use Pinterest or other outfit finding websites/apps to use for their runways, I just find this personally more limiting as I have a hard time finding pictures that do justice for what I imagine.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or questions, feel free to comment. I'm just hoping I'm not the only one interested in this concept. 😊

Since I didn't explain in the top post, let me make a quick note about the way the results would work. Taking my Snatch Game example, let's say a performer has:

1. Comedy
3. Improv
6. Impressions

Their score would be the average of those rankings, so 3.33 (the lower the number the better, of course). If a performer has the same score in the challenge, their ranking comes down to who does better in the runway and vice versa for identical runway scores. In the rare event that two performers have the same score throughout the episode, they might either have a double win or Lip-Sync for the win, whichever is preferred.

This scoring system also makes it easier to firmly establish someone's place in the ranking, rather than just being Winner, Safes, Bottom 2. It is possible for someone to get really unlucky with the stats needed to win challenges(for example, puts their focus on Make-up and Outfits in preparation for the runways, but a lot of the actual challenges are based on Acting and Singing/Dancing). But, don't fret, there's always a chance of winning the Congeniality Crown, which is more based on personality and what the fellow competitors think of you.

Damn. I read drag race and thought this was a legit gearhead roleplay. Because YES, I'm a gal that knows about cars!
But alas, it is a different kind of drag.
Oh, well. C'est la vie.

Damn. I read drag race and thought this was a legit gearhead roleplay. Because YES, I'm a gal that knows about cars!
But alas, it is a different kind of drag.
Oh, well. C'est la vie.
My apologies for the confusion, hope you have luck finding one!

I hadn't thought of that yet, but a Discord OOC makes sense. Could also be good for backstage/off-screen moments.

The cast for Drag Race is usually around 12 contestants, so likely there'll be a few NPC contestants, especially if not many more people show interest. I'd want at least half to be actual players, though, so at least four more players are needed.

Since we have four interested, I'm going to go ahead and make the CS. No need to worry about making your character now, I'm just making sure I get a headstart on setting things up, since this'll be my first time making a thread. Still waiting for at least two more players, preferably more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back