• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Dracula shook his head. "It wouldn't. But you have to die to become a vampire, and many of us had to flee and hide for a long time in order not to be chased and killed."

Wyn seemed to be searching her thoughts for a moment, trying to recall something. "Oh no," she vanished back into the shelves for a few moments before coming back with a large leather-bound book floating in front of her. She dropped it on the table and opened it, flipping it to a page with a tree of names.

"I got bored twenty years ago and I started trying to figure out where vampirism originates. Every mention of a vampire, vampire-like being, or person who's ever been attacked by a vampire is here." She looked at Dracula and pointed to a name, "I wasn't sure how violent you were with the Turks beyond being the Impaler, or whether you were even a vampire back then, but I made a note."

"The only other way Mehmed could have survived for six centuries after his death is if he was induced into a state of mortal paralysis, and anaesthetics weren't nearly that powerful in the fifteenth century, and then kept alive with some compound. Even if that was the case, if he knew you were still alive, knowing you were enemies in life, do you really think he would taunt you if he didn't have something up his sleeve?", Wyn pointed to the area below Dracula on the tree, where the connections between names to predecessors started to peter out into absence of a name at all. "You don't know who made you, and I haven't been able to find anything either. Mehmed wouldn't be so stupid as to bother the Impaler after so long, especially with all the stories around your name. THat he's even still alive puts you two in the same generation of vampires, which means someone up here-" she gestured to the empty slots, "-made him."

Dracula came over and had a look at the book. "He isn't even in there..." he noted after a while. "That means if he is a vampire, then he wasn't attacked."

"It means he's not mentioned as having any qualities similar to a vampire in any of his mentions," Wyn corrected, "But that he's still alive limits the possibilities. He could have sold his soul immortality, for all we know. He could have had a wizard brew a potion. He could even have a demigod chained up somewhere and be extracting the compounds that make them live for so long." She shrugged, "There's a lot here we don't know. It might not even be him, just some teenager pulling a prank."

"The book only lists attacks," Dracula pointed out. "It doesn't list people who were made vampires voluntarily. That's why Toma isn't in there either..."

Sandro, who had been sleeping in front of the fireplace, woke up. He stretched, came over and jumped on the table. "Good morning... what are you trying to find out?"

"Actually, that's a separate section entirely," Wyn replied, flipping a few pages to a different tree, and pointing at Toma's name. "Everything in history that resembles a vampire is in here. It's been my pet project."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back