• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Ariel

The Mermaid Slayer
Supporter
Alt'erair, a world once plagued by constant and brutal war, was saved by a man with nothing left, who dared hope for a brighter future. A man with no home, not even comrades when the smoke cleared, who devoted the rest of his life to finally bring peace to a people who knew only endless hardships. A dream which seemed so distant, became true and everyone rejoiced; for once, they felt safe.
Of course, nobody could have expected what would come after. Everything had a balance in the world of Alt'erair, so the gods or universe, whatever lie beyond the veil of mystery, willed in a balance to counteract the peace.

There were those, who lived horrible lives, wrought with illness, misery, addictions, poverty... who were given their very own guardian angels. At first, it seemed a blessing, something wonderful on top of an era of peace, as if the universe was finally showing mercy...

They called these blessed people Rainmakers, for at a point in their life a torrential storm would ravage the land and they would acquire powers, gifts, the ability to manipulate elements, magic. They would become powerful. And it seemed with this power came guardian angels to watch over and protect them.

The guardian angels... They were called Weatherers, there to protect the living that their soul was tethered to.

And yet, despite all of this, the Rainmakers lives didn't simply get better, in fact it seemed with their power growing, so did their hardships. It became so much worse, harder to live, to fight on.

And thus, begun the endless cycle of rain.

A Rainmaker was given their power to do something wonderful with their life, to experience their hardships and overcome them, almost like a trial. If they succeeded, they would become the very Weatherers that helped them, their souls becoming tethered to a new Rainmaker, and would then live in an infinite amount of lifetimes.

And if they failed... They would be reborn again, to experience hardships and face the same trial, through each lifetime until they succeeded. The Weatherer tethered to them would return again and the pair would be left to try once more.

The truth, buried beneath what they thought were gifts, is that once one was deemed a Rainmaker, they would be trapped in an infinite cycle of misery for all eternity. Each Weatherer, when tethered to a new soul, lost their memories of their lives and the previous Rainmakers they had been tethered to, forced to lose themselves every time, only to be reborn again with the only sole notion that they must protect and enrich the lives of their Rainmaker.

Once Alt'erair knew the cost of their peaceful era, people began to realize that they may never truly live in content. Some people worshiped the Rainmakers and Weatherers, devout to assisting the cycle and even created the Church of Rainfall. They viewed these souls as martyrs, a necessary evil to keep the peace of the rest of the population. Some viewed them as cursed, even going so far as to discriminate and actively avoid them, afraid that they too would get mixed up in the cycle. However, the general consensus was the same. Those that were not "gifted" pitied those that were and the fate that awaited them....

They say that when the clouds darken and the rain pours down, it's the Weatherers that weep down upon Alt'erair as a new angel is born onto the world. And when the rain begins to fall, everyone lowers their head in silence for the Rainmaker.

Could this truly be the inevitable fate of the people of Alt'erair?

We will be playing any number of characters in the world of Alt'erair, Rainmaker, Weatherer, a devout Rainfaller... Whatever suits you. Specifically every character will originate or currently reside in Alt'erair main city Kevlan.

I would like to see if anyone is interested in the story and what you'd like to play.

I like it, though I may not understand completely.

Like does each player make a rainmaker and weatherer or individual characters that would team with other players to make a pair

Im on a phone so It may be me more than you. Either way it looks interesting, but may need a number of players to start

It's probably me, I'm pretty rusty >_< I was going to add a cap on the number of weatherers and rainmakers after getting some interest.

Interested right heree!! But only if I get to play both the Rainmaker and their Weatherer. Seen way too many RPs with this idea of having two
RPers try to work in tandem fail when peeps start to drop.

Unfortunately I don't think I am going to go forward with this. I had hoped for more interest but even so BuggaBoo made a good point, those kinds of RPs tend to fall apart. Thanks to everyone who showed interest anyway and sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back