• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Down the Rabbit hole

Vampunk

sʇɐq ןooɔ ǝɥʇ ɥʇıʍ ƃuıƃuɐɥ

giphy.gif
It had been weeks already since the Police Department had stopped their investigation, being left with more questions than answers and still having no lead to follow. Every trace of the young reporter who had chased his dreams in the big city seemed to have been wiped off the face of the earth, leaving nothing more than an abandoned apartment and a very hungry grey cat.

Bills and Letters were piling up behind the locked apartment door and the PD was at their wit’s end. No friends or family that could have provided any useful information about his whereabouts and the journal he worked for didn’t have anything regarding the new story he was investigating.

Everything he had recently been working on was gone, not a single file left on his hard-drive and not even a scribble on top of his desk to provide any clue about what may have lead to him suddenly disappearing.

And so it was that he was written off, his office occupied by a new uprising reporter, his apartment cleared out and his cat disappearing into the nightly streets.

And yet his actions had put something in motion that would change the lives of those he had called close friends before he had left everything behind to become a star journalist, before he had found the story of the century, before curiosity lead him down the rabbit hole into a world that would swallow him up and leave the world wondering where he had gone.

But Wonderland would not close its doors for future visitors.

And the mark he had left would lead to a mad letter slipping past the thin veil separating worlds to find those human souls that still mourned the loss of a friend.

Would curiosity or loyalty to their friend lead them down the path into Wonderland, following the white rabbit that is the chance of finding their lost childhood friend again?

An Invitation they could not refuse.

Dear mortal Wanderer

I, Titania, hereby formally invite you to take a look at what lies behind the veil.

A glimpse behind the mask of this city

An opportunity to join us in the Masquerade in a night of wonder and mystery

A one-time ticket into “Wonderland”

You are free to leave at any point

Our hospitality knows no limits, so if you dare to stay we promise you will enjoy your stay

My servant, Puck, shall introduce you to our world if you are to join us the coming Sunday eve

Sincerely,

Masque of the Blue Fae

An Invitation that would lead them into a somewhat suspicious alley between two large skyscrapers with the crevice between them for some reason still being occupied by an ancient-looking opera house.

Seemingly abandoned as there was no light coming from its many windows and the somewhat rusty sign reading “Wonderland” did speak volumes of how old the establishment was.

Jason Valtara

(For the song, if you're interested)

Bottoms up bottoms up (up)-Aye whats in ya cup? Got a couple bottles but a couple ain't enough! Bottoms up bottoms up (up)-Throw ya hands up. Tell security we bout to tear this club up. Bottoms up bottoms up (up), Pocket full of green, Girl you know I love the way you shake it in them jeans.
Bottoms up bottoms up (up), Throw yo hands up-Bottoms up (up) bottoms up (up),Bottoms up (up) up (up) up bottoms up!

The thud of the speakers continued to rattle the walls, almost certainly driving anyone within a 5 block radius insane. Even Jason was surprised that it was so loud-even he, who was used to lots of parties. Not that he was complaining, he loved parties, and he wouldn't have thrown a party if he didn't want to party, and if he wanted to be sober, he wouldn't be drinking. Ya ya, he wasn't 21 yet, but he didn't care. 20 was a good age. It was still fun to drink, and hide it, but sometimes he wondered if it would be nice to be 21. Not too much, of course, as he was still pretty afraid of aging for the most part, and quickly pushed any thought of it out of his mind.

Nodding to random people, some that he knew and some he didn't, he took another shot. A nice buzz was setting in, and the party was hitting that prime, when people were gonna start getting high, and some fun would start. This is what he lived for, playing ball to stay in college, slacking on classwork, and of course, these parties. Half the town was here, a much bigger turnout than he thought. Anyone who was anyone was here, as he was quite persuasive, and knew lots of people that could really get a banger going. He laughed out loud, and gave a howl of delight as he downed another shot.

You know what it is girl we back up in this thang (thang). Money stay in my pocket, Girl I'm like a walkin' bank (bank)-Tell me what you drank (drank). Tell me what you thank (thank), if I go get these bottles we go alcohol insane (insane) Callin' all the girls (girls), Do you hear me? All around the world (world) City to city (city)!

With a few more nods, he pushed his way through a small fight to watch the beer pong. He wasn't planning on playing, but he had a feeling he might be stepping in here. Of course, he was right, as there was a 2 v 1 going on. His boy Mike was up, and in need of a partner, and Jason knew quite well he couldn't leave him hanging. With another howl, Jason moved to help his friend against two random people he'd never seen before.
"LET'S GO BABYYYYY!" He laughed, and got in position.

Cheers to the girls-Throw deuce to the guys. Now I got a chicken and a goose in the ride, Gettin' loose in the ride-Hatin' ass I'm uncultured you can move to the move to the move to the side. Bottoms up bottoms up (up), Aye whats in ya cup? Got a couple bottles, but a couple ain't enough
Bottoms up bottoms up (up). Throw ya hands up tell security we bouta tear this club up. Bottoms up bottoms up (up), Pocket full of green-Girl you know I love the way you shake it in them jeans. Bottoms up bottoms up (up), throw yo hands up. Bottoms up (up) bottoms up (up)Bottoms up (up) up (up) up bottoms up!

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow madame moiselle madame moiselle TrailsOfMana TrailsOfMana Vampunk Vampunk AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf

Kadin pulled up outside the house in his car after a day of driving. He parked and turned the engine off. Why was he here again? His old photography buddy, Mason, had invited him along to this party. It was a long way away, but he hadn't seen some of these kids since high school, or even primary school, so why not?
He hummed and tapped the steering wheel for a few seconds, feeling the bass from the party music already thrum in his chest. Well, may as well get onto this, hey?
Kadin double checked his bags were stashed under the seats, camera equipment hidden except for the somewhat cheaper camera he was taking in. Keys, wallet and phone in pocket, he was ready.

Kadin knocked on the door of the house and it swung open, apparently not shut very well. A wave of heat, noise and smell hit him in the face and he was thrown back to his high school days. He laughed softly and entered, looking around to see if he could spot anyone he recognised.

( Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011 kinda made the jump that Kadin and Mason were photography mates a few years back because they're both photographers now, feel free to tell me to change it :) Promise I didn't copy you btw, I didn't even read everyone's bios until after Kadin was done!)
Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow TrailsOfMana TrailsOfMana Inheritance Inheritance Antisocial Antisocial madame moiselle madame moiselle

Mason huffed slightly and leant against the wall near the window. He could feel the music vibrating through his body as he waited for the friend he had invited to arrive. A lot of people had came and left the house, most of which he recognised from high school. In fact the one hosting the party was an old high school friend of his. Fiddling with the keys in his pocket, the taller man looked over the mass of intoxicated bodies.

He saw Kadin walk in and began to make his way over to his old friend. Pushing he way through the room, he arrived at Kadin's side. Glancing down he noted the camera in the mans hand and smirked. "Hey man, I hope that isn't the equipment you normally use. If it is, you wasted your time in college" he joked, speaking loudly to be heard over the sound of the bass.
AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf

Kadin swung the door shut behind him, immediately regretting the decision. The hot air filled his lungs as he stepped forward.

Mason appeared in front of him and he grinned, giving his old friend a bro-hug.

He laughed, "She's an oldie but a goodie. I don't trust these youths not to crash into me and break it, and the air in here cannot be good for the lens," Did I just say youths? Jeez, how old are we getting... "so I didn't bring anything too flash..."He sidestepped swiftly as a young couple crashed against the wall, entangled in each other's arms and sucking each other's faces off. "Case in point."

Kadin lead Mason over to the kitchen and grabbed himself a beer, offering the other man one, "How have you been?" He asked, matching Mason's loud tone. He had forgotten how loud these places were. At least the kitchen was somewhat quieter.

giphy.gif
Leliana turned the engine off of her hearse as she stopped outside of the booming house that was Jason's. It made her wonder why the hell there wasn't a noise complaint, or any cops for that matter. She grinned at the house, a brief memory of college resurfacing at the sight of all the cars and blaring music.

She hadn't seen her friends since hush school, though she tried to keep in touch with email, Leliana had drifted from them either way. It'd be nice to catch up. Hopefully.

Leliana changed drastically throughout the years. She certainly was never a looker back in high school, she wondered if her friends would even recognize her. She pushed the thought out of her mind and stepped out of the car.

She wore all black clothing, which consisted of a black leather jacket, a tight fitting black tank top, black leggings, and black combat boots along with black biker gloves. Her dark waves remained loose, and her striking pale skin was brought out even more with dark red lipstick.

She walked up to Jason's door and gave a knock, "Welcome to Jason's frat party, aka douche central." Leliana muttered to herself with a grin, for all the cars there, it may as well have been. Excitement coursed through her veins at the thought of partying with her old friends. What could go wrong?
Inheritance Inheritance AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011 Antisocial Antisocial madame moiselle madame moiselle TrailsOfMana TrailsOfMana

Jason Valtara

Started with 100 bricks (bricks, bricks, bricks)...Now I sold out, sold out, sold out
My mama say "stay patient" (mama)-Hunnid bands I ain't waiting. I'm figgity figgity fucked up! Girl you got me fucked up. I'm figgity figgity fucked up, God damn you got me fucked up

A new song came on as the crowd cheered. A quick sweep, Jason only had to down 2 piss tasting beers. He was glad- he didn't want to be that wasted, he never did. He was afraid of what could happen without his wits about him, so he never drank to get completely wasted. He could feel the buzz getting stronger, and he knew he should start drinking water.

Fill my cup up then you got me fucked up
Every ugly bitch in here, they looking bad as fuck. She popped a molly ooh! Look at 'er tongue. The bitch that came with me said they want some. Just look at that, Forest, look at that, Forest, run! Got pink in my cup, it's not lookin' like just a Bubble Gum-I'm asking the bitch "what's her name?" she telling me Cinnamon.

He made his way from the cheering crowd, watching newcomers come in. Hmm. Didnt seem party worthy. After a few chugs of water, he made his way to the door, seeing a few newcomers. He made small talk with people until he got there.

"Heyooo " he called loudly, the music pounding. He kept going, when he saw someone walk in the door. Damn! Half the girls he had invited himself weren't half as...

Stopping so the photographers (He figured, they had cameras...) and the woman could see him, he spoke. "Y'all are a little late. Can I offer you guys somethin to drink?" The fact a 20 year old was offering alcohol, and how stupid it was to tell these possible rats, completely went over his head. "Beer pong in the back room there. Already took one victory."

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011

Bailey O'Connell
(Sorry it took so long, had major writers block and this is what I came up with)
Bailey turned the engine of her car off, although technically it wasn't her car it was her Father's and she was borrowing it but no one else had to know that. She eyed up the house and mentally rolled her eyes, it was obvious that this was where the party was being held, the sound of the music was practically deafening and she was surprised none of Jason's neighbors were complaining about the noise. She was apprehensive about seeing all of her old friends, they had all moved on to bigger and better things and she was a college dropout doing the family business. A part of her wasn't even sure they'd remember her.

Sure they'd all tried to keep in touch but life happened and they grew apart, that's just how things were. She had missed them though, going from constantly having a small group of friends she knew she could rely on to practically no one was hard to adjust to. But Bailey had tried her best, throwing herself into work and new friendships. Even if the new one's couldn't replace the old.

Bailey eyed up a bleach blonde girl that was throwing up on Jason's lawn, someone's had too much to drink, sighing she headed inside, hoping she wouldn't regret it. When she entered the house the first thing that hit her was the noise, the sound of people talking and yelling and the smell of beer would have been overpowering if she didn't spend her nights working in a bar.

Bailey grabbed the nearest bottle of bear and opened it, after all she was legally old enough to drink now. Not that that had ever stopped her or her friends before. "Screw it." She muttered to herself, she took off her jacket, she was dressed in quite tight and fitted clothes, the total opposite of what she wore in high-school or in general. Usually she wore casual, comfortable clothes but tonight she had dressed for a party, she headed towards a small group of people and plastered on one of her best smiles, "Let's party.."

Kadin was about to listen to Mason's reply when Jason wandered up to them, "Jason! Bro, how you doing?" he said, smiling. Jason didn't seem to instantly recognise them... but he was already a little tipsy. Clearly, the beer pong had been going well.

Jason appeared to be addressing more than the two dudes, so Kadin glanced to his other side. "Leliana?!" Damn, girl got hot. Kadin shook his head in surprise. He knew he was going to run into old school friends, but it still felt odd. He hadn't seen anyone in years. They'd all moved on with their lives and... grown up... apparently. In more ways than one.

(Hey Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow should Kadin be Leliana's ex boyfriend from the car crash incident? Just to make things interesting/if you want to bring that back in)

original.gif

(Hey, AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf , that sounds like a great idea!)

Leliana took a lengthy steep inside, and instantly the smell of cheap alchohol and sweat hit her like a drug, she cocked a side smirk, "Sorry I'm late the dog ate my uh-never mind." she jokked before taking a hard looked at Jason, it was obvious he was already in his cups, she wondered if it was her appearance that threw him off, because he didn't seem to have a clue who she was.

"Please tell me you've got some of the strong stuff." Leliana said exasperatedly, eying some of the people's drinks. She secretly hoped he had bourbon, although she doubted it. It was her favorite, but it wasn't cheap.

Quite abruptly she heard her name off to her right, turning her head over to the kitchen, her smug expression faltered.

Now that was a face she definitely recognized.

She gave Kadin a long glance over, starting from his toes to his face. "Kadin. You look...different." It didn't sound like a compliment, but it wasn't an insult either, such was Leliana's way. Because he looked incredibly gorgeous. Of course, she'd never admit it out loud.

Still, seeing his face brought back a flood of painful memories Leliana had repressed in the darkest depths of her mind. She could almost see his younger face submerged in water.

Leliana blinked, snapping out of her thoughts she approached Jason, Kadin and Mason that were currently standing in the kitchen, she gave a nod in Masons direction, "Mason," she greeted with a friendly, smug grin.
AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf Inheritance Inheritance Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011

Last edited:
(Muahahahaha angst and drama :D )

Kadin almost stumbled backwards when Leliana said his name, but caught himself with a hand on the bench behind him. Her voice was so familiar to him, yet he hadn't heard it in so long.

His breath caught in his throat as she looked away, her hair flipping over her shoulder. She was even more beautiful than he remembered.... But remembering her was hard. She had pushed him away so suddenly. He understood, but he had been hurt. He wanted nothing more than to have been there for her in her hardest time... But that was many years ago.

He shook his head to clear his mind and he took a long sip from his beer. She clearly wasn't too fussed about him anymore.

Looking around the room to distract himself, he spotted Bailey, one of the other girls he used to be close to. "Bailey!"

He stepped away from the group to catch her arm as she moved past them. "Bailey! Join the reunion!" He laughed, hugging her lightly.

Jason Valtara

Slow down, grab the wall-Wiggle like you trying to make yo ass fall off. Hella thick I wanna smash 'em all. Now speed up, gas pedal, gas pedal, gas pedal, gas pedal, gas pedal-Now speed up, gas pedal, gas pedal, gas pedal. I put my foot down yeah that's the way it is
Suck it good now what you see is what you get, Neighborhood's hella jealous when they see the wheels.Pull up in the gun metal 'rari with a fresh fit-Gas pedal, gas pedal...

Upon the new song, Jason howled with delight before lookin back to the others. One of em came up to him, who he recognized a bit later than he wanted. "EYOOOO Kadin! Finally hittin up one of these?" He pulled him a bit closer, a hard pull, harder than he wanted to, because of the buzz. "Let's get you laid tonight ya?" He whispered, then shoved him away, though not in a mean way. He turned to...Leliana! Shit she didn't look a thing like what she did in high school. God DAMN! Well she'd be one that he'd have to impress.

Trying to keep up like adderall, I ain't even stressing no a-at all, so presidential I'm federal. I'm trying to get there, so when I get there, Imma make sure you won't forget babe. Hold on, don't sweat it babe, I saw the writing on your ass and yeah I read it babe. So hold on, you won't forget it babe, yeah you know I'm ready if you ready baby. Gotta take the short route, pedal to the floor watch me peel out...

Stepping closer to her, though not uncomfortably close, he laughed. "Of course I do. My room is locked but we got the good stuff back there-for special guests, which you just became." He was hoping his popularity on the team would help him here, they had jumped to a fast 4-0 start, and he had been playing quite well. "Fireball? Or you thinkin somethin stronger?" Without waiting for an answer, he beckoned her to follow, and headed through the crowd to his room where he had the harder liquor, and more expensive. With a sigh, he also beckoned to the Kadin and his friends. "Y'all can come too-because I am a generous man. Sometimes."

Slow down, grab the wall-Wiggle like you trying to make yo ass fall off. Hella thick I wanna smash 'em all-Now speed up, gas pedal, gas pedal, gas pedal, gas pedal, gas pedal-Now speed up, gas pedal, gas pedal, gas pedal...

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf Antisocial Antisocial Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011

Judas C. King

I figured if I was gonna be a mess, I might as well be a hot mess.
Judas C. King

9f95bf7511df3acbd8e9898d3f1173dd.jpg

"One latte, please."

Judas shook his head slightly, to keep from falling asleep. He had been leaning against the windowsill, supposedly supposed to be doing work, practically falling asleep when someone shook him out of it.
"Hm--wha-what?" Judas opened his eyes, glanced away from the window, his eyes landing on a middle-aged lady with curly brown hair streaked with gray. Her lips moved easily into an amused smile as she repeated her request. "A latte, if you don't mind. I can see you were a bit distracted there." Judas moved from his spot from the windowsill and smiled sheepishly, answering. "Yeah, yeah---tough night, that's all." He turned around to make her order, his head pounding. Damn hangovers, he thought, wincing as he poured the finishing touch over the freshly brewed latte, turning around to offer it to the lady. She took it and glanced at him warily. "Tough night, huh? Must've been a great bottle then," she said nonchalantly, chuckling as Judas's eyes widened in alarm. His heart quickened for a second. She knew. Judas paused, wondering if she going to report it to Dan, the owner of the cafe and Judas's employer for not doing the work properly. The woman shook her head, smirking. "Don't look so alarmed," she said. "I won't tell anyone. Just don't, you know, come back to work a tired mess like that." She turned around and left, leaving Judas relieved, a bit stunned and yes, tired. He shook his head, sighing. He was a mess---he closed his eyes for a second, trying to see if he could just make those memories of last night disappear. He glanced at the clock, seeing he was only two hours away until he'd be back at his apartment and get a chance to kick off and sleep.
Good, he thought, relaxing. That means I've managed to avoid Sabrina for today...which means she probably didn't see the photo---

"You son of a bitch."

Judas looked up, his eyes wide, seeing a furious young woman at the entrance, her blue eyes ignited with anger, with one fist clenched, another holding her phone. Judas instinctively looked around, worried whether anyone heard her. Thankfully, everyone else was busy with their own afternoon businesses. He sighed.
She saw the photo.
"Good afternoon to you too," he said with a forced note of cheerfulness. Sabrina stalked up to the counter, shoving her phone right up to his face. "This," she seethed, pointing at a close-up picture on Twitter. "What is this?" Judas looked at the picture. It was definitely a scandalous photo---set up at a local nightclub, with him and a couple of other totally drunk guys, grinning stupidly at the picture while strippers hung all over them, some even twerking. Judas as the one holding the phone, taking the selfie. He winced. He didn't really remember last night at all---the three guys were all but strangers to him, but he did remember that one of them was stinking rich, so Judas naturally assumed that him and a couple of other bozos got so wasted they buddied up and the rich one must've pulled out some big bucks to get all them skanks. And obviously, the rational thing to do was to take a photo and post it on Twitter.
Brilliant.

Judas rubbed his neck, the headache getting worse.
"Can't we just deal with this somewhere else?" he said, gesturing to the oblivious customers. Sabrina's jaw clenched, and Judas could see she resisting the urge to slap him. Which she should, because he deserved it. 100%. If he wasn't suffering from a major hangover, Judas would've felt a lot guiltier. "How could you?" Sabrina's voice rose. "You bastard, you cheated on me! And after all this time! After all I've done---coming to this sorry excuse of a town---all for a bastard llike you!" Judas was quick to defend himself. "Whoa, hold up. It's not like I ever did anything with those girls," he said. Sabrina looked at him in disbelief. "Oh yeah? Is that it? Then how do you explain this?"
Judas got another faceful of phone, this time a video. It was a short clip, short but it definitely justified every reason Sabrina had to hate Judas. There was Judas on the couch, making out with one of the strippers, evidently drunk as hell. The guy making the video gave out a drunk laugh, slurring out, "You likin' it there, King?"
The video ended, and so did Judas's and Sabrina's relationship.

____

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck..." Judas had opened the door to his apartment, throwing his jacket on the floor and plopping on the couch. He rubbed his forehead, tired as hell. A tired mess, the words of the middle-aged woman came back to him. Truer words have never been spoken, he thought, sighing. Moments later, he fell asleep, waking up two hours later. He got up and walked towards the bathroom. He splashed his face with water to get rid of the sleepiness and then found himself staring at himself in the mirror. Chiseled face, dreamy green eyes, pronounced jawline---it's no wonder girls fall for him. I may be a fucked up mess, he thought once more. But at least I'm a good-lookin' one.

A nice hot shower later, Judas was freshened up and in a new set of clothes. He looked around for his phone, wanting to call Dan and apologize. He could've done the same for Sabrina, if she hadn't blocked him on every social media, including his number. Judas and Sabrina's little fiasco had quickly turned into a big one, with Sabrina cursing and insulting him with every insult under the sun. Sabrina had always been intense. Intense in her studies, her job, her relationships. She looked for commitment and thought she had found it with Judas, but boy, was she wrong. They had been together for over a year, half maybe, having met up somewhere in Vancouver last year. It was going well, or at least she thought it was going well. Judas found her eagerness to settle so quickly unsettling, especially when she totally wasn't his type. Somehow they managed to stay legit for a year or more until Judas soon found himself cheating on her. Accidentally. Or maybe not. Whatever. Judas had only been here for a week, and alreasy trouble's tailing him.

Anyway, it caused a large disturbance to the customers and Dan was soon involved. He sent Judas home an hour early (bad sign), and now, unable to afford another loss, Judas was prepared to do anything to keep the job.
Judas found his phone and began to dial. Dan picked up on the third ring.
"Hey, look. I'm real sorry about today---really she shouldn't have done that---"
"No need to apologize, Judas," answered Dan stiffly.
"Really? Does that mean I get to keep the job?"
"You fuckin' kidding me? People could've reported this to the police. Do you know what that could've done to my cafe's rep? You're fired!"

Dan hung up, leaving Judas both stunned and frustrated. His frustration reached a new level when a couple of 18-20 somethings were being extra loud in the hallway, howling with laughter, also irritating his headache further. Judas went up to the door, yanking it open. He glared at the group. "Shut up, will you? People are trying to relax here," he said, his tone distasteful. "Nah dude, we're off to a party," answered the first one, a stocky blonde haired guy. "There ain't no room for quiet."
"Besides," chirped another, this time a short girl with brown hair streaked in blonde highlights. "You don't look any older than us, so who're you to boss us around?"
Judas glanced at the blonde haired guy's hand, gripping a pack of beer. "At least I'm not drinkin' underage," he shot back. "Whatever," answered the brown haired chick. "At a frat party, it doesn't matter what your age is. Let's go, we're late anyway." The group moved on, and Judas was about to close the door before the blonde haired guy called over his shoulder, "You're free to join us---it's the party of the century. Wouldn't wanna miss it."

Judas ignored him and closed the door. He glanced at his phone, seeing he had gotten twenty new messages. All from Sabrina's chick friends, the ones dead loyal to her. If you mess with leader, you mess with the whole pack. They were useless messages, just filled with shitty insults and petty threats, telling him that he better stay away or else.
Oh gladly, he thought. As if he wanted to deal with Sabrina right now. His jaw clenched, feeling a spurt of anger. Sabrina shouldn't have come in broad daylight like that---she was the main reason why he had lost his job in the first place. He sighed, considering the blonde guy's offer.
Screw it, he thought, grabbing his jacket and motorcycle keys. It's not like I got anything else to do.
_____

Five minutes later, he was on his motorcycle, heading towards the house. He had gotten instructions when he caught up with the group as they were exiting the main door of the apartment building. He had hopped onto his motorbike and now was driving swiftly, on roads he was familiar with. He had finally returned home. Course he didn't let his parents know, but with the recent fiasco, Judas was sure they'd get word of it sooner or later. He had sort of missed it, his birthplace. Many memories had been created here, both bitter and sweet. Judas looked towards the woods, remembering the nights he had spent with his childhood friends, whom he had lost contact years ago.

Finally, he found his destination. It was pretty obvious---loud, heart-shattering music, college kids hanging around the front, everyone drinking beer. Pretty big house too. Judas took off his helmet, smirking, remembering college. It hadn't been too long since he had been a student, but long enough for him to miss it. He slipped past already drunk kids and stepped into a world of noise, laughter, beer, and---
Pain.
Shit.
The hangover.

It turns out being authentically myself means saying 'fuck' a lot.
Judas C. King

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow
Inheritance Inheritance
Antisocial Antisocial
Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011

(i sear this is the longest, most time-consuming post have ever done. and now i'm tired as hell. lso i think i might've wentoverboard.)

Last edited:
tumblr_o5qcttS2ap1vrxynoo1_500.gif

Moon Jae Wan
Jae flipped his phone over and over again in his hands as he sat in his car, nerves finally getting to him. It had been years since he'd seen his friends. His job had taken over so much that he had hardly had a day off in over a year. And then he suddenly gets word of this party. At first he was overjoyed at an excuse to get out of work for a day, but as he got closer and closer to his destination he was feeling just the opposite. Now as he sat outside of the lit and bopping house across the street, it was nearly overwhelming. Though he knew that he'd feel better the second he saw anyone he knew. He let out a deep sigh and opened his door.

The sounds of the party hit him as soon as the fresh air did. It felt like listening to a plane take off. The place was bustling, people going in and out so often that it was a blur. There were even a few people on the lawn, one or two passed out. He couldn't help but roll he eyes at the sight. He approached the house, the air getting hotter as he got closer. It was almost suffocating near the house. Parties had never been his strong suit. He had a feeling this wouldn't be much different.

His mood changed almost immediately after reaching the front door. Jason stood not far from the door and he was talking with a few people. Jae moved through a small crowd to get to this group. In it he recognized Mason, Kadin and Bailey, though the other girl made him draw a blank. She looked familiar though. Leliana maybe? Regardless, Jason seemed to be motioning for them to follow him. Jae moved a bit closer and placed his hands on the much taller Mason's shoulders. "Hey guys! Don't suppose there's room for me wherever we're going?" He asked while peeking his head around the other's body, a huge smile on his lips. "Please for the love of god tell me you guys recognize your one Asian friend." His smile turned into a smirk. One that meant he thought he was being funny.

Jae felt another person step up behind him. He looked away from the group to see another familiar face. "We even got Judas here, you kidding me?" He was genuinely surprised. It had been an even longer time, compared to the rest of the group, since he'd seen Judas. "In how many states did you advertise this party? My god." His voice was a bit flabbergasted. It looked like pretty much the whole crew was here. Small ass world.

original.gif
Leliana knew how to put on a good face.

She had ever since she pulled the revenge prank in high school, the kind of stony, hardened face you could put on when your about to throw an angry fit, or keeping everything together. Leliana clenched her jaw and bit her tongue as she watched Kadin take a large drink from his beer out of the corner of her eye.

Leliana felt a pang of guilt, but it didn't show. Nothing but a thick wall of arrogance and cockiness ever showed. When her parents died, everything changed for Leliana, including her relationship with Kadin. Every time she looked at him, all she could do was feel herself drowning. Over and over again.

Leliana snapped out of it, realizing she had been staring off in space and had completely forgotten about Jason's offer for a stronger drink, that in which she definitely needed now more than ever.

Leliana turned around at the sound of Baileys name, and couldn't help but raise in eyebrow in surprise. Bailey had certainly dressed for the party, unlike her comfortable wear in highschhol, she was dressed in rather tight clothing. Leliana arched an eyebrow, "My goodness I've driven you to drink," she said to Bailey in greeting, eyeing Baileys drink in hand, her tone laced with amusement.

And then yet another friend popped out of nowhere, hanging on Masons shoulder, Leliana smirked wryly at Jae's joke, "Nope, completely forgotten." She chided back at him, though it was all in fun.

She turned and spotted Judas around the people and...holy shit. When did everybody get so damn attractive? Leliana couldn't even help herself, arching her eyebrows as she inspected Judas from afar, was he always this hot? She supposed she'd been distracted with Kadin, and the rest of the high school drama to notice if he was.

Leliana turned away and looked back at Jonas. "You got bourbon?" She asked, arching an eyebrow hopefully and gesturing for Jason to lead the way.
Inheritance Inheritance madame moiselle madame moiselle Antisocial Antisocial TrailsOfMana TrailsOfMana AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011

Judas C. King

There's always a wild side to an innocent face.
Unknown

"Shit..." Judas squeezed his eyes shut, willing for the headache to disappear. Was this a good idea? he wondered, asking himself whether he should just head home. He couldn't enjoy shit if he had an annoying-ass headache throbbing against his skull. He was turning to leave before he caught the sight of something that would change his decision completely.
Leliana.
Holy...Judas stopped in his tracks. It was Leliana. The same girl from his childhood memories, except not all the same. Instead of a skinny, wide-eyed girl who didn't seem like much but had one hell of a temper, a woman stood in her place, with a cascade of nutty brown tresses and one killer body. Judas couldn't believe he was looking at the same person he had loved to tease and prank and annoy all those years ago. Just the thought of their childish fights brought a slight smile to his face. What's more, he caught her looking as well, before turning to her companion---
Hold up.
Judas blinked, amazed. It was Jonas! Damn, it seemed everyone did a little growin' up---Judas could hardly recognize the guy. No wait, that's a lie. Judas did recognize Jonas---that signature easy going grin, expression lit with childish delight. With Jason, time can take the kid and turn em into the man, but time can never take the kid from inside the man. That was one of the greatest things about Jason. Always loved the prospect of having a good time. Oh, and football---the guy had a passion for that. Judas wondered whether Jonas had hit the big leagues yet, since it had been years since they last talked. Judas smirked for a moment, remembering how he would help Jason practice almost every day after school.
As he took a step closer, he realized the rest of the gang was there.
Jae was there, or as Judas liked to call him back in the day, Moony. The guy had changed quite a bit---dying his hair blonde, pretty damn tall. Judas remembered the way Jae was with horror movies. Absolutely adored them, having a whole shelf of them back then. Jae and Judas had shared an interest in comic books, especially the Batman or Superman ones. Jae had boxes full of them, and for a moment, Judas wondered whether Jae had kept them or not. Vaguely, Judas remembered something about Jae wanting to become some sort of analyst. Damn, it had been a long time for sure. Judas realized how much life had gotten in the way in the recent years---so much so that he hadn't had the time to keep in touch at all.
Judas caught the sight of yet another familiar---Kadin, still sporting the same shoulder-length brown hair that he had worn as a kid, still having impeccable taste in clothing. Judas glanced at Leliana, remembering something had happened between the both of them---then it clicked into his mind that he had heard that they had hooked up some time ago. Were they still together? Judas wouldn't be surprised if they still were---Leliana' had become hotter than hell, a diamond in the rough. Everything Sabrina wasn't.
God the constant wondering was irritating. Of course, it wasn't really Judas's fault. With all that had gone on in his life---the drug trafficking and selling, the con man business, the jail time he had to fulfill. Prison has a habit of keeping you from the outside world.
Judas knew Kadin's love for photography, knew how much of an artistic guy he was. He had always had an attention to detail, and come to think of it he had always shown that through the storytelling nights they used to all attend. Judas smirked. His past may not have been the best, but at least he had some fond memories to look back on. Those nights in the woods were a staple in Judas's memory, something he would treasure forever, no matter what he did, legal or illegal.

And how could one forget the one and only Bailey? She too, had blossomed into a beauty that was worth a jaw drop. The first thing that came to mind was her childlike admiration for pirates, for adventure. When the stories were about pirates, Judas remembered the way her face lit up, all attentive and excited. She was bold, unafraid, much like Judas himself (except she most likely has a lot more common sense). Bailey was also pretty wise---a great person to get advice from. And lately, it seems Judas needs more of that, with his life and relationships spinning out of control.
Speaking of common sense, Mason was there too. Judas knew him to be the predictable one out of the group, the guy who knew exactly what he wanted. Serious, like Jae, honest too. Back in the day, it was advised never to tell Mason to lie because everyone knew he sucked at it. Judas knew the guy had ADHD---in class, he literally had the shortest attention span in the world. But when it came to sports, his energy was endless, and yet strangely enough, when it came to those nights spent listening to awe-inspiring, fictional tales, Mason had been attentive as ever. Judas missed talking with the guy---he had always been laid back, a good person to go to when you needed a listening ear.
Wow.
Talk about nostalgia.
Judas shook out of the momentary shock and stopped for a moment, unsure of what to do. Should he go and greet them? It had been years since he had last spoken with any of them. It was almost miraculous that they all were here at the same time too. Yet Judas knew they were missing someone, but he couldn't remember who. Damn hangover.

He decided to go and greet them by surprise, wanting to baffle Leliana with his favorite ambush trick when they were young. He had got her every time back then, and it always managed to scare and annoy her, to his satisfaction. He was smirking slyly as he slipped past party-goers and silently approached behind Leliana. He caught hold of her shoulders very suddenly to maximize the amount of surprise, murmuring in her ear, "Assassin!"

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Inheritance Inheritance
Antisocial Antisocial
Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011
TrailsOfMana TrailsOfMana

Last edited:
Jason Thatcher

Shady, aftermath...There she goes shaking that ass on the floor, bumpin' and grindin' that pole-The way she's grindin' that pole, I think I'm losing control. Get buzzed, get drunk, get crunked, get fucked up-Hit the strip club don't forget once get your dick rubbed-Get fucked, get sucked, get wasted, shit faceted. Pasted, blasted, puke drink up, get a new drink hit the bathroom sink, throw up...

A new song once again. This was one such song Jason wasn't sure how he felt about playing, especially now. This group...he had almost abandoned. He remembered it well, the awkward Freshman year, struggling to get on the football team, and when he was finally able to, to sit around being the water boy. When this happened, he was bullied by the entire football team, constantly, and harshly. It was only the comfort of his friends that kept him going, and he was thankful, and tried to be a good friend back. It wasn't until sophomore year, that his talent was seen, and from there, he began to slip away from the people who treated him right, and the people that just liked him for an outside shell that he put on. Junior year came, and he was able to start as the quarterback for their school, and it all went to his head. He abandoned them, for the most part, he remembered well. He slowed his interactions with them, and would blow them off for the joys of the keg and flesh. Senior year was hardly better, in fact, it was worse off, especially after him and his team won the state title, and he got his scholarship. He wondered if they remembered his betrayal as much as he did, considering he had hardly changed.

Wipe your shoe clean, got a routine-Knowin' still got a few chunks on your shoestring-Knowin' I was dehydrated till the beat vibrated, I was revibed as soon as this bitch is gyrated, and hips and licked them lips and that was it. I had to get Nate Dogg and his sing some shit

"Of course! You think I'm a hack?" He looked around. They had all arrived....or most of them. He shook his head slightly. "All of you-let's go. Congratulations, you get to be honored guests! Leliana here wants to drink my wallet, so while we're here, what else do y'all want?" He said with a wink towards her. He hardly reacted to Judas at all, not sure how he really felt about him. Still, he turned and continued to the back room, shoving through crowds and occasionally giving some "EYYYYYYYY" to one of the guys.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf madame moiselle madame moiselle TrailsOfMana TrailsOfMana

giphy.gif

"Assassin!"

Leliana jumped hard at the initial suprise, and instantly brought her elbow back into Judas's stomach before she whipped around and faced him. She instantly knew it was him, the ambush prank had been a common one when they were young. Though in hindsight, she should've seen it coming with Judas in the area.

Leliana folded her arms across her chest and shifted her weight to the left in a rather sassy matter. "Greetings, Blondie." Leliana greeted Judas in an flat, unwelcoming tone, but her lips folded into an upturned smirk in the corner of her red lips gave her away that it was all in good fun.

It'd been her nickname for Judas as long as she'd known him, at first it was just to tease him when they were little, but the name stuck as they grew up, despite Judas having a more brown-blondish hair color, Leliana had always classified it as blonde when she was tiny, and it was too late to change it growing up.

Leliana turned back towards Jason, only to see him not really acknowledge Judas's presence. Had something gone on between the two? She broushed the thought from her mind. What did she care? Jason winked at her as he mentioned her drinking his wallet, and Leliana smirked smugly in response, but did not wink back.

Nonetheless, she followed after him. Because right now, she really needed a drink. And it wasn't because of Kadin's unexpected appearance, or the fact that someone was throwing up in a far off corner, or even because how shocking it was they had all changed over the years.

But because there would be no stories tonight. Or ever again.
madame moiselle madame moiselle Inheritance Inheritance Antisocial Antisocial AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf TrailsOfMana TrailsOfMana Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011

8df0a7a4063930fd35a23d2870bc46a0--mens-hair-long-guys-long-hair.jpg

Kadin Baker

OOC: Damn, gotta step up my post game lmao. Y'all are amazing.
Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Inheritance Inheritance madame moiselle madame moiselle TrailsOfMana TrailsOfMana Antisocial Antisocial

Kadin was yanked back from Bailey as Jason pulled him into one of those bro-hug things. He caught himself and shook his head. Jason was far gone already. Clearly, he had started drinking early; Kadin hadn't exactly been late to the party.

As Jason offered Leliana access to his top-tier alcohol and, apparently, guest status, Kadin had to refrain from stepping in or saying something. While he had broken up with Leliana ages ago, and it was clear she wanted nothing to do with him, the reflexes were still there. He bit his lip as she nodded. Oh, how the times have changed....

Jae appeared next, lightening the mood somewhat. "Jae! Of course, not, how have you been, brother?" Kadin smiled at his old friend, pleased to see that he was still around, and hadn't flirted his way into a bad enough situation that he couldn't recover from. Dude was a smooth talker, but his outgoing personality and wild streak had landed them in some trouble back in the day.

Kadin had to agree with Jae's statement. It was surreal, seeing everyone all back together in one go. Why had they all decided to come? It was only a house party. There had been numerous parties planned and thrown through the years, but travelling across the country really wasn't worth the hangover. But today, they had all turned up? Strange. Kadin didn't quite know himself why he had decided to come. Perhaps it was fate. Perhaps the universe needed them together for some reason. He snorted, shaking his head. Whatever, Kadin. You just wish you could undo the past. That's not going to happen. Let it go, let her go. Move on. Kadin took another big drink from his beer, draining the bottle and putting it down on the bench.

"You got bourbon?" Leliana's words snapped him back to the conversation in front of him. Before anyone responded, Judas exploded into the circle with a loud cry, making Leliana jump. Kadin rolled his eyes, had Judas not grown up? Seriously? They were in their 20s now, jeez. He knew he was being unnecessarily petty, but seeing these guys had triggered some unresolved frustrations from high school, mainly, of course, to do with Leliana. The other boys had never stepped over the line when they were dating, but the friendliness levels had apparently been opened up again. Which was reasonable. Kadin knew that. He had no claim to her, and he wasn't about to do anything about it, but it still stung.

Kadin looked back to Jason, just catching the wink at Leliana. He clenched his jaw and ran a hand over his face. Get a grip, dude. He thought to himself, the loud music pounding in his brain. "Anything. I'd go straight for Absynthe right about now." Kadin said with an amused but tired smile.

He followed swiftly after Jason, not wanting to look back at Leliana. He had never really been a drinker in high school, but he was older now. Bigger problems meant bigger coping mechanisms.

The music faded somewhat as Jason lead them away from the bulk of the party, and Kadin swung an arm over Jason's shoulders, half to talk to him and half to stop him from walking into any walls. "What drove you to invite everyone, hmm?" Kadin asked, attempting to distract himself from his own thoughts.

Judas C. King

We became strangers who knew each other too well.
Judas C. King

[dvidie=line-thin][/divide]

Judas winced at the elbow jab and grinned, knowing Leliana's deadpanned tone was nothing but a facade---a small smirk appeared on her pretty face moments to indicate it was all in good fun. It was good to know Leliana hadn't lost that sassy wittiness that was her staple back in the old days. He felt strangely happy---he hadn't done that trick in years, and his sour mood brought on from the hangover had strangely disappeared. Ah, the miracles of childhood---it was little tidbit tricks like these that made Judas wish he could go back in time. Not to change anything, but to feel a few things twice.
The nickname Blondie was factually inaccurate, but it had stuck with Judas all throughout his childhood and adolescence. It was Leliana who had first classified his hair blond and stubbornly kept it that way, thus introducing the nickname 'Blondie'. Hearing it now made Judas grin even more. Geezus, it was like he was in a nostalgic, childish euphoria. And he hadn't even had his first drink yet. I guess that's what happens when you're around your friends, thought Judas. You drop the act and act like yourself.
Yet when childhood friendships go against the tests of time, one can only expect only a few emerge virtually unscathed.
Sadly, the same cannot be said for Judas and Jason.
Judas glanced at Jason, having already noticed the guy's impassiveness at Judas's arrival. The two were pretty close in high school, at least n the beginning. Jason and Judas stuck like glue---standing up for each other, having each other's backs. But then, Jason had begun to get insanely popular, getting all the attention, becoming a football star. Even his life back home was perfect. Supporting parents, both who loved him. Judas remembered how jealous he used to feel, how envious of his friend's success, while he had to scrape by, barely avoiding being practically abused by his alcoholic jackass of a father, bullied by the football players and barely making it to graduation. The envy had boiled up to hate, and soon, one thing led to another. Judas found himself tangled in an attempt to get back at the football players, to get back at Jason for abandoning him for the so-called popular kids, for joining in on taunting down-outer people like him. Jason
Judas's stomach churned uneasily, remembering the way he, according to the nasty plan he and a couple other guys had made up, had snuck into the lockers rooms on Homecoming night, drugging the players' water bottles right before the big game. It wasn't supposed to be too much, yet somehow Juda fucked up on the amount given and, well the restimate was history.
By the middle of the game, almost all the players were acting woozy and high, the result of them losing one of the biggest games of the year and almost getting disqualified. What's worse, once they found out the source of the drugs was the water, Jason had been initially suspected of pulling off the dangerous trick to ensure the team''s victory. This had put his entire career, his entire scholarship in jeopardy, until things began to settle down and somehow the coach had kept the team in the game. Jason narrowly escaped being kicked off the team. His entire future had almost come crashing down, all because of Judas.
And he didn't even know.

Judas watched as Jason gave a wink towards Leliana, catching Kadin's tight expression. It was easily seen that the guy clearly still fe
lt for Leliana, even with their relationship over ages ago. Judas knew he could never feel the same for Sabrina---it was both miraculous on how they had been attracted to each other in the first place and how they even managed to stay together for that long. Maybe Judas was finally getting better at the commitment thing. Except he did it with the wrong girl.
And by the looks of it, so did Kadin.

Jason began to make way towards the beverage tables, everyone following closely behind. Judas got ahead and couldn't help but pour a bit of whisky for himself, feeling his nerves calm, his muscles relax. After about three quick shots, Judas was already feeling quite high, smiling a sleepy, drunken grin as he overheard and answered Kadin's question for himself.

"Aw well, for Jason, i-it's not a party unless everybody comes," he said, glancing at Jason, feeling a twinge of hostility. "He invites everyone so he could boost his p-popularity---always been about the attention for him, right, Jason?"

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow
Inheritance Inheritance
Antisocial Antisocial
Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011

Last edited:
Jason Valtara
MV5BMTY4NTk4MDUyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQ1NTkyNA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

There was an edge to both of them, both of their voices, and he didn't like it. Asking why he invited everyone, then how he liked attention? Hm. He had dealt with trash talkers before, and he was almost certain Judas couldn't back it up. There was a reason he left him, because he was weak, because he couldn't hang with the popular crowd. At least, that's what he told himself.

"Judas has it half right. It isn't a party without everyone there, of course, and the attention is great, who wouldn't want it right? But the problem is there's just so many people that want to come, and I start to lose control! I invite 10 people, they each invite 2, then each of them invite someone else, and so on and so fourth." He took a shot of fireball to calm himself a bit. "But Judas you remember all of that right? You've always been one of those cool kids?"

Hopefully this would put him in an awkward situation, either he would say yes, and throw himself into a hypocritical situation, or he said no, which would just embarrass him. Nobody talked to him like that, especially as he was hosting a banger. Who the hell did this dipshit think he was? Drunken rage overcame his guilt of the past, and he allowed himself to lose his calm a bit, and hammered the nail further.

"I mean I hardly invited half of these people and they showed up. I don't remember inviting you, but her, here you are right?" He snickered at how he was handling himself, stuttering. 2 years of college drinking had made him extremely tolerant, and he hadn't had his fill so he was completely out of it yet, aside from slight slurring and sloppier movements. "Good you showed up though, I think a drink can really calm you down, you need em more often. Obviously you're quite a light weight." He said with a stare, ignoring the others.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf madame moiselle madame moiselle TrailsOfMana TrailsOfMana

Judas C. King

Karma is a good judge of character, and you my friend, are fucked.
Judas C. King

Despite the alcohol already beginning to fuzz up his brain, Judas caught the well-veiled jab right away. Of course Jason knew Judas was anything but popular in high school. Sure, he had participated in acceptable sports such as track and field, but that was nothing compared to big shots like football. Besides, he wasn't the buffest nor the smartest, with a pretty crappy life back at home. All perfect reasons to make him a target for bullying. Shaking away the bitter memories, Judas kept his expression neutral, taking a sip from his cup of whiskey, trying to conjure up a proper reply, though he knew it would be next to impossible.

It seemed it was a rhetorical question anyway, with Jason continuing his rhetoric, ending with a hard stare. Judas shrugged, seemingly nonchalant. "That's one way of putting it," he answered, glancing back at Jason. "But at least I ain't the kind of jackass who goes around sellin' out his friends for a couple of ass-wiping dipshits. I guess it's no wonder you lost the Homecoming game all those years ago huh? Good ol' karma." He smirked, downing more of his whiskey. All around them, the music was blaring and people danced, laughter and chatter echoing across the house. Yet Judas hardly paid attention (partly because of the whiskey), his gaze on Jason, returning the frat boy's trenchant stare with a sharp one of his own.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow
Inheritance Inheritance
Antisocial Antisocial
Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011
TheCrowKing TheCrowKing

(Surprisingly short)

tumblr_o5qcttS2ap1vrxynoo1_500.gif

Moon Jae Wan
Jae could hardly contain his smile upon seeing everyone again. It reminded him of the good old times. When things were simpler and easier to get through. When the biggest worry was finishing homework or finding a date to homecoming. When they all got together to keep the other safe or help them when life got tough. It was wonderful and in some small way he wished he could go back. Though he loved his job and his life at the moment, a bit of simple would do wonders for the soul. And seeing the group back together like this was more than enough to put him in a good mood. Maybe even better than good.

A small fake frown formed after he heard Leliana respond. "Boo. Everyone should remember me." He acted down, but knew she was joking. He had always viewed her as a younger sister despite being less than a year older. Though he had to admit she'd blossomed a bit. Gone were the awkward days of high school. She'd found her path and rocked it hard. In a way Jae was proud of her new attitude, though to him it was odd. Then again him and the rest of them had helped her get there in their revenge. Hopefully she still had a sliver of that sweet girl deep down, but even if she didn't, it wouldn't matter. He'd still see her as a little sister.

Jae jumped a bit when he heard Judas yell. Yet another thing from their younger years. Assassin. For some reason it never got old, not even now. It still brought a chuckle out of the Asian boy and a goofy smile took over after he'd finished. And of course Leliana just played it off. Man these people really never change. You can take the high school out of the kids, but not the kids out of high school. It was refreshing. He'd take this over looking at skin samples every day.

And Jason, the man who was hosting this party. It was weird for Jae to think of Jason as a man. Not because he was effeminate in any way. Far from it actually. It's just that the football player was also the baby of their group. Still was actually. Guy still wasn't old enough to drink. Not legally anyway. A small nag hit Jae's head. He technically worked with the police force in town. Not that there was a chance he'd rat. Not in a million years. He was everyone's friend, no reason to tarnish it over a few a guy drinking a few months before he was legal. Besides, if the cops were gonna be called, they'd have been called already. This place was loud as hell.

Jae let go of Mason shoulders and walked into the actual group. Despite having very few things in common, the taller man had always been a friend. He admired Mason's love of photography and attention to detail. It was nice to not be the only one willing to speak their mind. Kept the group grounded and together. Aside from their storytelling friend, it always felt like they were the glue. Of course that's an opinion he was aware most of them felt, but still. Felt nice to be the glue.

He heard someone else respond to him and looked at Kadin just as he finished. Jae had always liked him, even a bit more than some of the others. Another photographer, but of a different type. Kadin was always more of a talker and wasn't afraid to try new things and promptly get bored of them. It always made Jae laugh when he'd drop something just a few days after picking them up. The one exception was Leliana. That was an entirely different story, one he didn't want to push on or think about. He took a couple steps up to his friend
"Hey man! Good. Working my ass off. Glad to see photography's taken off." He added sarcastically, pointing to the camera Kadin had with him. Hopefully he actually had a better one or Jae'd feel like an ass. With him was Bailey, the always vigilant advice giver. Even Jae had gone to get a few times for advice, which was rare.

Then the group moved to follow Jason to stronger alcohol. "None for me. I prefer to watch people be drunken idiots instead of being one." He added as he followed near the back of the group. But things took a weird turn almost immediately. Judas took a few good sized shots and had another cup in his hands. He said something weird; weird enough for Jae to cock his head to the side. And Jason shot right back. A weird feeling took over. Like some shit was about to go down. Jae took a few steps through the group to reach the front, standing just away from the two drinking. Though the bad feeling he had left him as soon as he thought about it. They were just talking about something that happened in school. No harm in that. He wanted to add to the nostalgia. "Oh! Oh! You guys remember when we set the frogs loose in the sci lab? Mr. Addison was super pissed and, and" Jae paused to catch his breath on account of him laughing so hard, "His face was so red! And he like! He waddled to the principle's office! Like a penguin!" He could hardly finish his sentence and the tense nature of what was happening around him went flying over his head. He had no idea that Judas and Jason were exchanging anger filled glances at each other. In his head they were just talking about things that happened at school. It wasn't like him to be this oblivious, but the giddiness of being with his friends clouded his judgment. If nothing else he was getting a kick out of this.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow madame moiselle madame moiselle Inheritance Inheritance Antisocial Antisocial Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011 AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf

tumblr_mwyi80kSNL1scurlpo1_250.gif

Judas had made the first stab. The memory of homecoming of senior year slowly came to mind and it dawned on Leliana that it had never been settled. She was glad it was more quiet back here than the rest of the party, where none of them had to yell. Meanwhile, while Judas and Jason tensions grew behind her, Leliana casually poured herself a drink, just pure bourbon in a cup.

She hadn't failed to notice Kalins darkening presence behind her. Or his constant averting eyes. She had made it a point of not making eye contact with him, or glancing at him for a reason. Because if she pretended to care for even just a moment there'd be a whole new battle to rage that Leliana refused to go on again.

She was changed. She was no longer, small, innocent and gentle Leliana, the person she'd become was completely different. Arrogant, sarcastic and cocky, and someone who showed little remorse or care. Kadin would have to accept this. One way or another.

Leliana leaned against the wall casually as Jason and Judas stared each other down with challenging looks. They looked as if they were about to come to blows any second now, perhaps Jae sensed this because he suddenly erupted into an irrelevant story, or perhaps he was too excited to care.

A smug smirk crept into Leliana's lips, "Ah, nostalgia's a bitch." She commented, definitely not adding to the atmosphere whatsoever with her glibness. She took a large drink from her cup, and if one looked close enough you could even see the flicker of disgust pass over her face as she swallowed the string, foul-tasting liquid.
madame moiselle madame moiselle Inheritance Inheritance AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf TrailsOfMana TrailsOfMana

Lawrence 'Wren' Kerr
9bc37358f2f4dd02432b1941a4ff47b9--hairstyle-men-men-hairstyles.jpg

"Yes. Yes, I promise I'll be fine for the night." There was a moment of silence as the other end of the phone lit up with peppered questioning and a worrisome voice threatening to return home. "Mother! I'll promise I'll be fine, I'm twenty-six! Just go out and have a nice trip, alright? Please? You've done enough for me, and I think you need a little break." The male went silent again, callused fingers pinching the bridge of his nose, he having remained in the position for some odd twenty minutes. Finally, the other end of the conversation was persuaded, they gingerly probing again until he forced a soft chuckle, a worn grin tugging at the corners of his mouth despite the fact the other couldn't see him. "Don't worry, I'll take it easy just like I have been. Have fun, yeah? Love you too. Take lots of photos!" With that, the phone lit up with CALL ENDED before he tossed it aside to the further side of his bed, returning to rubbing away at his face.

"Gracious, she acts as though I'm a child again." Lawrence whispered to himself, glasses pushed further into his hairline as he massaged his brow.

Around a week ago, he had flown in from Oregon with what measly things he had been given from the hospital. This included nothing more than a few sets of clothes, his wallet, a list of psychologists, and his phone. They had mentioned something about it being detrimental to his mental health if he stepped foot into his home, currently. Something along the lines of hurtling him into a grieving mess that had about a ninety-seven percent chance of him going suicidal? Oh who knew, with the drugs he was on, he barely could shuffle into the kitchen for dinner, maybe making it every other night for a bite before returning to his childhood room.

Yeah, with a risk of returning to his home, and no where else to stay but that dismal hospital, Lawrence had only the option of returning to his childhood home. Now don't get him wrong, his mother and father were kind people, they immediately having taken up the role of caring for their eldest son in his time of need, but damn. How long was it until he didn't need someone to sit on the pot to watch him while he showered?! Suicide, mental breakdown, or physical health risk-

Softly shaking his head, Wren allowed his black rectangular glasses to glide back down his slightly point nose so that he might glance around his room. His parents hadn't changed it one bit since he moved out on his home, leaving everything as he had left it.

The walls remained a softer toffee coloring, the knick-knacks stood in attention along several shelves handcrafted by his father. Along the left side of his room, there sat his old desk, it's top scattered with varying books about wildlife and medicinal plants. It's drawers appeared as though they were jammed (he knew there lie several other paper articles and textbooks there). Over on the right side, the little seat affront his bay window looked out upon the backyard, he remembering watching the needles of the pine turning before spiraling downwards in the later months. The most prevalent though, were the photos that hung up along the walls with thumbtacks. Prom photos pictured Lawrence along side several others, a homecoming football game they won, their senior field trip, graduation night...the walls had been converted into a giant scrapbook, his room along the lines of a yearbook.

A faint frown tugged at the corners of his lips as he shuffled about on the bed, finding the strength to swing his legs over the side. It did take a moment before he could stand though, his frame limping across the room to remove one specific photo from the wall. It was one of his and himself, an earlier one from elementary school before they all went their separate ways. "Shame.." He muttered, flipping the back over to read the names. "Leliana, Jae, Mason, Judas, Bailey, Jason, Kadin.." voice just the slightest bit wistful, he scratched lightly at his chin before moving away to a bookshelf to flip through his books.

There, Lawrence found what he was searching for, their senior yearbook. It was a long shot, but he was rather curious to see if any of them had attempted to stay in contact. Shuffling back to the bed, he flicked through the (terrible) school photos until he found the autograph section, his soft blue eyes skimming the scribbled names in search of anyone from his memory. To his surprise, he did find one. Kadin Baker. And it had a number along with it.

Now, Lawrence knew there was the slimmest of chances, but what could it hurt to call or text the number? There wasn't any harm to it, so-
Stretching across the bed, he retrieved his phone, ever thankful he wasn't drugged up right now, least he phone someone other than this number. The last thing he needed was to call a prossie (though the possibility was there that Kadin had changed his number and it now belonged to one).

"To hell with it, you do need something to entertain yourself with, Lawrence. You're going stir crazy." Quickly, the dirty blonde typed up the following message: Hey, I might have the wrong number, but I was looking for Kadin Baker?
His thumb lingered over the SEND button for a moment, he a bit uncertain, but ultimately he did. "Time to wait and see."

madame moiselle madame moiselle Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Inheritance Inheritance Antisocial Antisocial
Sjhall2011 Sjhall2011 AmaranthWolf AmaranthWolf TrailsOfMana TrailsOfMana

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back