• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Down in Flames - Survival and Depth (Experienced Roleplayers)

Hel Hel -- Also feel free to alter the way the plane crash will take place. I know the intro states that the engines failed, but feel free to change this. I will automatically update the introduction if you choose a different path once the story progresses. :)

Alternatively, I'm thinking the most logical event that can occur, considering the small number of uninhabited islands in the Atlantic, is that they would probably crash approximately 51.635218, -46.128676 in the North Atlantic, and the few making their way to Funk Island by sheer luck over the course of a few days.
These are my thoughts, but you're the pilot. :)
What do you think?

If you give me just a moment I'll get on my iPad and look up the route that flight would probably take and likely agree with you haha

EDIT:
Yeah, that looks to be fair enough a place- though washing up ashore there may be slightly unrealistic. It would certainly explain the lack of survivors who make it to shore!

So, for my own reference, do you see it being natural causes that bring the plane down, or are the circumstances... unusual and something the pilots may not have trained for much of at all?

Last edited:
If you give me just a moment I'll get on my iPad and look up the route that flight would probably take and likely agree with you haha

EDIT:
Yeah, that looks to be fair enough a place- though washing up ashore there may be slightly unrealistic. It would certainly explain the lack of survivors who make it to shore!

So, for my own reference, do you see it being natural causes that bring the plane down, or are the circumstances... unusual and something the pilots may not have trained for much of at all?

I think that unusual circumstances with a new/complicated issue the new pilot(s) have not trained for would contribute to the crash. i.e. something a veteran pilot would know or something that is easy to confuse but will lead to devastating events. Or maybe miscommunication on the radio? Heading over the Atlantic during a storm and a bad radio transmission so they can't receive help? (Might be kind of fishy if they experience both bad radio reception AND an issue with the plane), so maybe just a complicated bug paired with complicated directions. Let me know. :)

I think that unusual circumstances with a new/complicated issue the new pilot(s) have not trained for would contribute to the crash. i.e. something a veteran pilot would know or something that is easy to confuse but will lead to devastating events. Or maybe miscommunication on the radio? Heading over the Atlantic during a storm and a bad radio transmission so they can't receive help? (Might be kind of fishy if they experience both bad radio reception AND an issue with the plane), so maybe just a complicated bug paired with complicated directions. Let me know. :)

Will do, I think I can come up with something workable- I'll try to lean away from pilot error, though, for the sake of... just not wanting it to be the pilot's fault I suppose XD, I'll let you know in my next post or a PM probably.

So after everyone gets their opening post in would you mind if I go ahead and post before you Cheerio Cheerio with the accident. I'm thinking icing issues or explosive decompression, icing being more common but you know, decompression is more... explosive.

Just to be clear: explosive meaning very fast, not like, fire-y detonations XD

Also, should I wait for spookie spookie to finish their sheet an post or go ahead with the next post and just let them catch up?

Last edited:
Hello S Spiritrings , Hel Hel , spookie spookie , avira avira ...

To make sure everything runs smoothly, the best way to keep the story rolling, and to eliminate added delay and confusion for who would be posting next, is for every user to post for themselves when they want, but to be sure to notify everyone else here before posting next so everyone knows where the story left off and doesn't post on top of yours, right before you post with new details into the story, which can make postings out of order and confusing.

Please "Like" this post so I know that you are now aware these new updated "rules." :)

Is that a satisfactory plane crash? It's pretty dramatic, but it seemed like a good kind of drama.

I think it was fine. :)
It happened so fast, I'm having a hard time visualizing it, though, maybe you can help me out... Did the plane topple over to the right in mid-air as it blew out? Were people jumping out of the plane while it was falling?
How many minutes did the overall crash take from when Emily put on her oxygen mask to when the plane hit the ocean?

I think it was fine. :)
It happened so fast, I'm having a hard time visualizing it, though, maybe you can help me out... Did the plane topple over to the right in mid-air as it blew out? Were people jumping out of the plane while it was falling?
How many minutes did the overall crash take from when Emily put on her oxygen mask to when the plane hit the ocean?
From when she put her mask on to the time the plane hit the ocean was about... probably... 9 minutes total. The front half of the plane initialy veered to the left in a roll, then pulled back to a level glide due to the sudden lack of rudder and it's usefulness. And the people weren't jumping; when a plane looses pressurization all of the air inside is forced from the area of high pressure to that of low pressure, essentially causing what you see in sci-fi movies where openings are made in space stations and everyone is forced out the opening. It's really powerful and will take virtually anything/one who isn't secured.

I intended to try and make it a bit more clear and detailed, but said I'd have it up that day and ran out of time to edit it further, haha

From when she put her mask on to the time the plane hit the ocean was about... probably... 9 minutes total. The front half of the plane initialy veered to the left in a roll, then pulled back to a level glide due to the sudden lack of rudder and it's usefulness. And the people weren't jumping; when a plane looses pressurization all of the air inside is forced from the area of high pressure to that of low pressure, essentially causing what you see in sci-fi movies where openings are made in space stations and everyone is forced out the opening. It's really powerful and will take virtually anything/one who isn't secured.

I intended to try and make it a bit more clear and detailed, but said I'd have it up that day and ran out of time to edit it further, haha

Ah! I see now. :)
Do you have a Gif or video (YouTube perhaps) of this occurrence so I can build on it correctly? I've never seen this before, forgive me.
So the plane did level out in the end and is still flying, is this correct?

Ah! I see now. :)
Do you have a Gif or video (YouTube perhaps) of this occurrence so I can build on it correctly? I've never seen this before, forgive me.
So the plane did level out in the end and is still flying, is this correct?
It's gliding more lik, I based it a bit off of the one from the top of the I.C./ character sheet thread, though altered. I'll see if I can find a recreation of this type of event though :)

Here, I'll alter the details to be a bit less severe and more like this (though over the ocean and with the hole in the plane a little further back, closer to the wings.)

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I am wondering if you guys would be willing to accept one more person? :-)

Hello Svadilfari Svadilfari !
Sure, since we have 1 person who may be idle in the RP, I think I can make an exception for you. :)
Go ahead and post your CS and first post to the "Down In Flames" thread as soon as you can get it created.

Welcome aboard!

Hel Hel - Ok, thanks! That helps tremendously.

I'll be posting later this evening most likely.

Updated: Quick update: Just so we're all on the same page, this a quick depiction for how I'm currently visualizing the progression of the story.
I think it would be cool if we spent a considerable amount of time on the 15+50-percent sections (Ocean survival and Island Survival), but hopefully 50%-70% of the story will take place while on the island and we can have fun with it. :)

View attachment 296327

this.PNG

Last edited:
By the way, I finally updated my post. I added some dead engines caused by the cold shock of the decent to explain why they had to go down in the ocean rather than divert back to land.

Really bad day on the job for Captain Hall and First Officer Love.

By the way, I finally updated my post. I added some dead engines caused by the cold shock of the decent to explain why they had to go down in the ocean rather than divert back to land.

Really bad day on the job for Captain Hall and First Officer Love.

Awesome! I'll go ahead and take a peek at it.

No, NO! It didn't die. I read the two posts that precede mine, and I'm not going to lie, I was thinking, "How am I going to, not top it, but match it?" I was working on it last weekend, but life got in the way.

Anyway, I have a 3 day weekend coming up, so I'm going to be posting on Friday. The flame may seem like it's diminishing, but it's only just getting started. A burst of oxygen is only two days away.

And, it seems like some new found coal will be thrown in soon so, no worries! ^-^

No, NO! It didn't die. I read the two posts that precede mine, and I'm not going to lie, I was thinking, "How am I going to, not top it, but match it?" I was working on it last weekend, but life got in the way.

Anyway, I have a 3 day weekend coming up, so I'm going to be posting on Friday. The flame may seem like it's diminishing, but it's only just getting started. A burst of oxygen is only two days away.

And, it seems like some new found coal will be thrown in soon so, no worries! ^-^

Alright, sounds good.

Don't worry about matching anything--Feel free to write how you want. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back