• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Gravitational Force

Dark Lord of Creativity
You were Human. Then one way or another you stepped through a portal and ended up in the Dark World. Normally this would have most likely shortened your remaining time alive down to seconds due to the inhospitable nature of the Dark World's inhabitants, wildlife, landscape, and general state of being when it comes to Humans (carnivores abound), but you were lucky. Or unlucky, depending on how you view it.

Instead of dying (or maybe because of how you died) your Humanity has been stripped from you (along with your soul in some cases) and you have become new permanent residents of the Dark World. Maybe you had a choice in the matter (and accepted due to fear of death, desire for power, or both) or maybe your new form was forced on you.

The alley you're currently in might have seen better days, but you can't imagine it ever being being new.
1623635475383.png
Isaedras Cleditre Isaedras Cleditre
An alley Aiden's currently collapsed in beside the dumpster.

Sophileon Sophileon
An alley Yves awakens in as she begins her first day as a Vampire in the Dark World after being tossed in a dumpster there. She should have no difficulty opening the lid though.

OrganicUFO OrganicUFO
An alley that Hazel Greene (now Beliya) has just finished her transformation into a Demon in the middle of.

seasonedcat seasonedcat
An alley that Elliot Chambers (now Ax) has finally managed to manifest himself in the back of.

The alley's got a dumpster, a large pile of rags, an old newspaper, and enough light to see each other in. It doesn't have anything else to recommend it though.

For now your best bet is to figure out what's going on and who the other strangers in the alley are. And maybe go dumpster diving if you're desperate enough, but hopefully you won't need to.

FACTION
DEMON

PRONOUNS
SHE/HER

MOOD
DISORIENTED

HEALTH
UNINJURED

MAGIC
NOT USED

WITH

CS

Beliya Talmund

Her ears rang, and Hazel felt as if the only thing keeping her from floating out of her body was the note in her hand.
"your new name is Beliya Talmund. Use it well or die trying."
She stared at it in disbelief. There was no way this could possibly be real. She was just having some horrible dream because she finally developed a conscious. That had to be it... right? But no matter how much she denied it, Hazel knew that unfortunately all those lessons she slept through in Sunday school about God, heaven, and hell were true, and she was here, no longer human, and somewhere she really did not want to be. Beliya takes a deep breath before looking up and facing her surroundings. She stares at the alleyway she seems to have entered and feels a deep sense of dread. She then looks down at herself and realizes two things. One, she is stark naked, and two, she is covered in feathers. This causes Beliya's eyes to widen and as she places her arm close to her eyes to see, she feels like she's about to faint. The thousands upon thousands of feathers stick up out of her skin and make her feel sick. Not only is she dead and in hell, but she looks absolutely disgusting too.

This realization causes Beliya's blood to boil. Not only was she essentially murdered, tricked by a demon, and given a new name, but he made her ugly too. Before the anger can boil over, Beliya ends up getting the common sense that maybe she should find some clothes before thinking of what to do further. As she looks around however, she notices there's only a dumpster to dive in. She decides that since the worst has already happened she might as well at least check whats in the dumpster since its not like she has any added dignity to lose, and so, Beliya walks towards it. The talons on her feet make a soft scratching sound as she steps on the ground, making Beliya cringe at the noise. When she gets to the dumpster, she notices the man sleeping beside it. Beliya raises her eyebrow (well, more like small cluster of red feathers) as she watches him for a moment and is just relieved to see that at least the pleasure of sleep is present in the royal shithole she's found herself in. Then, Beliya opens the dumpster she's about to dive in, however before she does, she comes face to face with a woman.
"Okay. What the fuck is happening right now?" she exclaims, shoving open the lid of the dumpster, causing it to make a loud banging sound that echoes throughout the alley.

Last edited:
Consciousness comes in the form of thoughts racing in her mind.
Eyes, no longer needing to, blink and then blink again as the subconscious mind reels at what should be reality but reality has shifted, altered and been bastardized.

The desire to take a deep breath and sigh take shape in her mind, but the newly turned internal organs fail to do as they're told.
Hands shuffle around in near darkness.

"Where the hell am I?" Came her words spoken aloud. Her voice sounded alien which only compounded the already dazed and confused Yve.
The last thought she could remember was trying to take her anger out on a priest and then there was darkness. She could remember how fluid and rapid his movements seemed to be. Had he attacked her? Was she dead?
She moves her hands in front of her face and could see flesh that had taken on a more virgin look. At least she wasn't a ghost.

Shifting her weight around she bites down on her bottom lip as a form of odd comfort and that was when she felt her fangs for the first time as longer teeth force their way into her flesh. Quickly she puts her fingers to her lip and feels a warm liquid; it was her blood.

Slightly frantic now she begins to instinctively feel around her body checking to see if everything was the way it should be.
Fingers caress over her head before stopping on the puncture wounds on her neck.

The idea seemed preposterous, but there they were. She had heard stories of Vampires. Hell anyone with a TV knew the stories of Dracula, but those were merely stories told by superstitious people throughout the centuries, right?

Yve was in the throes of trying to come to terms with what might be her reality and existence as the lid on the dumpster was lifted and landed with a rather loud bang.

Brightness, but no sunlight, filled her tiny hovel and it was then she realized she was sitting in Filth. Her senses were gone so the smell did not become apparent to her in the least.

Yve turns her gaze to who, or what, lifted the lid so suddenly and her eyes fall upon...something.
It looked like a bipedal bird that was nowhere close to how Big Bird appears on Sesame Street.

"What in the hell?!" Came her quick and instinctive reply followed by Yve jumping out of the dumpster: a feat she was unsure how she accomplished if she was being truly honest.
But her sudden agility was the least of her problems. This thing was suddenly very much an issue. For all Yve knew this thing was working with the Vampire that had attacked her.

Those around would see Yve in filthy and slightly bloodied business attire. A once white dress shirt was stained with blood, sweat, and other various liquids from being in the dumpster.
Her pants were ripped probably from when she was thrown in the refuse pile and left for dead.

"You stay the fuck away from me" she hisses as fangs are instinctively shown.
"I'll rip each of those feathers from you if you come any closer!" An empty threat, but still Yve was working with no knowledge and pure primal instincts at this current moment.

Hell goes on.

The first thought that crossed Aiden's mind was a bitter one as he reluctantly opened his eyes. His bones hurt and his muscles felt as if they were on fire as he struggled to make heads or tails of where he'd ended up. His vision was blurry, pairing perfectly with the splitting headache he felt as he stumbled to his feet. He felt almost blind, his fingers aimlessly crawling up the slimy bricks behind him to help him get a grip on his surroundings as he aimlessly craned his neck around in an attempt to refocus his sight. All of a sudden a flood of harsh odors came barreling into his nostrils causing him to wince and grimace. It was the strongest smell he'd ever had the displeasure of taking in and it wouldn't go away. Aiden winced, breathing deeply even if he wished he couldn't breathe at all as his fingers dug into the bricks he was using to hoist himself up.

They turned to dust beneath his tightening grip as he grew more frustrated with the foul stench mixed with the burning pain he felt in his aching body. Suddenly, the loud slamming of the dumpster lid next to him snapped him awake, his eyes focusing almost in an instant and his mind clearing from the fog of sleep as he quickly backed away deeper into the alley and stooped low. He wasn't sure why he was doing this but something was telling him this was what he should do. In fact, every fiber of his being was telling him to back away and look scary. Aiden did his best to oblige his newfound instincts but wasn't much of an intimidating sight as he would've hoped since he was now just a soaking wet blonde man huddled in the corner and growling at the other poor souls in the alleyway with him. He could see it all, smell it all, taste it all, and he hated every last second of it.

"What the fuck?!" He spoke through his teeth, his eyes darting around as one pale-looking female leapt from the dumpster and the other feathery-looking bird thing backed away looking just as confused as he would've if his expressions weren't hidden by the soaking wet hair matted to his face.

Aiden looked to Yves first, observing her blood-soaked attire as well as various other fluids covering her clothing, no doubt coming from the dumpster he was resting against before he awoke. His eyes quickly darted over to the large feathered female and he suddenly felt quite hungry. He wasn't going to act on it but he did make a mental note to discover just what that sudden appetite could mean upon looking over the demonic presence that rested within the alley.

"Stay away from me! Whoever the fuck you all are!" Instinct was still running at the front of his mind, keeping him tucked away in his safe little corner as he did his best to intimidate with his growling. He was confused, scared, and still in a great bit of pain but was more than prepared to try and fight his way out if needed. What's the worse that could happen? This looked to be hell so what would even be the result of losing such a fight? Dying a second time? He would've chuckled if he wasn't so goddamned miserable. His existence was already miserable while alive so being reborn into a shithole of existence twice in a row was almost too much to take. Aiden could hardly live when it came to his life on Earth so failing at dying as well was something he wasn't even able to begin coping with. He hardly even believed it was possible but here he was in some strange new land with his organs threatening to twist themselves into knots and strange feathered demons and what looked to be a walking corpse clawing their way out of a trash heap.

1624339844518.png
TW: the first paragraph mentions gore
Ax tended to let his ghostly form float freely, his inability to form making it unimportant as to where he was at any time. He held the bloody axe in his even bloodier hands. His black painted fingernails broken and bleeding permanently. Gashes in his face, the largest being in the center of his forehead, so deep you could see his skull amidst the gore. His arms stood bandaged from a tussle with old peter piper, soaked in fresh and old blood. The most gruesome of his scene is the scene that was displayed on his neck. Uneven skin, ripped and bloody, as his head is simply placed on the base rather than still being attached. His plaid shirt stained with blood, his shorts and rainbow tights in the same state. His two-toned hair crusted with blood and matted.

Ax had been focusing for a while trying to form himself when suddenly he felt different. He glanced down and noticed himself in a puddle. Ax let out a loud laugh, gripping his face, axe still in hand, as he let out happy laughs. At the sound of others, Ax turned his head, it easily turning all the way around, "what's withhh all the screa-eaming, you're acting like monsters are the scariest things in the wo-or-rld." He spoke out, laughing. He turned to face the group, fixing his neck the right way round, "by the looks of you all you ha-av-ven't seen yourself in a mirror-or?" he giggled out, they really thought the others were the monsters here.

"h-here." he spoke, handing the group a shard of glass in the trash shinny enough to see oneself, "fe-east your eyes on the monsss-stters..." he joked, rolling his eyes at the group of sissies before him. Honestly, an ally way full of monsters was probably the least scary thing that they would see here.
Isaedras Cleditre Isaedras Cleditre Sophileon Sophileon OrganicUFO OrganicUFO Gravitational Force Gravitational Force

FACTION
DEMON

PRONOUNS
SHE/HER

MOOD
ANNOYED

HEALTH
UNINJURED

MAGIC
NOT USED

WITH

CS

Beliya Talmund

"I'll rip each of those feathers from you if you come any closer!"
Beliya stares at the woman, trying to get her bearings. While she still had no idea where she was, one thing was certain, Beliya had better things to do than make enemies. However, before she can properly respond, more sounds emerge. Beliya notices the strange man laying on the ground suddenly slumped over and crawling along the wall, and a strange figure covered in blood and guts coming closer. This whole thing was getting more and more bizarre, however seeing as how she was covered in feathers in a way the situation actually fit right in.

"what's withhh all the screa-eaming, you're acting like monsters are the scariest things in the wo-or-rld." He spoke out, laughing. He turned to face the group, fixing his neck the right way round, "by the looks of you all you ha-av-ven't seen yourself in a mirror-or?" he giggled out, they really thought the others were the monsters here.
"h-here." he spoke, handing the group a shard of glass in the trash shinny enough to see oneself, "fe-east your eyes on the monsss-stters..." he joked, rolling his eyes at the group of sissies before him. Honestly, an ally way full of monsters was probably the least scary thing that they would see here.​

Beliya stares at the ghost and scoffs.
"You think I don't know I look like a freak? While I appreciate the offer to get a good look at what the fucker did to me, I think I've got a good enough idea looking through the puddles." she says, with her mouth curling into a snarl.
It was true too. The last thing Beliya wanted was to see the full extent of the damage done to her. She already felt enough like shit, plus it's not like she couldn't see the feathers and feel the difference in her skin. She remembered being human because well... it was only yesterday. She was truth be told terrified to see the full extent of her transformation. However, despite how annoyed Beliya felt about this creature trying to thrust a mirror into her face, it did dawn on her that they weren't actually being rude, so maybe it would be better if she kept on their good side, seeing as she had already been threatened by the other waking member in the alley.
"Sorry," she says, "It's been a rough couple I don't know what. I'm just a bit... irritated, to say the least."
Then, Beliya turns towards the woman threatening to pluck out her feathers.
"As for you..." she begins, pointing a clawed finger at her, "I don't know who the fuck you are, and regardless, seeing as you were literally in the dumpster I think it's safe to assume that you've already been dealt with, and if you want to rip out all my feathers by all means. I've had them for five fucking minutes and I already want to do it myself." she snaps.
At this, Beliya feels confident that she's at least somewhat made her mark as not to be fucked with.
"Now, I don't know about you... people? Creatures? Monsters? Whatever. But the last thing I can remember was being stuck in a hospital and very much human. I'm in a lot of pain and I don't know where I am. So if someone here could explain that to me and maybe give me something to wear so I'm not prancing around naked like the day I was born, that would be great."

Aiden was a wreck. Flinching at each of their movements as they spoke amongst themselves and shifting his eyes around at all the strange beings that had now populated the alleyway. His brain was firing on all cylinders, ever smell being burned into his brain, every breath they took being picked up by his sensitive ears and it was all beginning to melt together into this blinding and deafening mental static as he sat in the corner doing his best to keep up as he adjusted to all of the new sensations coursing through him with every second that passed.

"A fucking bird, a ghost, what's next? A chicken? A dragon?" Aiden mumbled to himself, his face turning into a grimace as he noted his reflection not in the glass the little weird one was holding but in a puddle on the ground that showed his reflection. He already felt enough like shit but looking like it too didn't help in the slightest. It wasn't as if he had just forgotten being human, he didn't remember much but given the circumstances, he was willing to forgive himself for a few lapses in memory while every fiber of his being was screaming out at once that something about his mental makeup was very very different and very very strange.

"Now, I don't know about you... people? Creatures? Monsters? Whatever. But the last thing I can remember was being stuck in a hospital and very much human. I'm in a lot of pain and I don't know where I am. So if someone here could explain that to me and maybe give me something to wear so I'm not prancing around naked like the day I was born, that would be great."

"Welcome to the club..." A still thoroughly confused Aiden snarled as he looked up from where he sat, feeling as if he was both burning up and chilled to the bone at the same time. "Pain. Confusion. Lack of answers. You're not exactly special there, birdy...." Even as he was being a bit hostile his voice shook and he clenched his fists tight in order to get a grip on the imaginary force poking at his psyche. Eventually, he relaxed enough to stand and hesitantly walked past the others to the very end of the alleyway, fighting the urge that was gnawing at him to just run. His instincts were telling him to just run as fast and far away as possible. Find somewhere to hide, somewhere covered and safe. Somewhere safe from all of the prey. He was outnumbered and he knew better than to take on so much strange new prey in a fight at once. But why did he want to run so bad? Why hide? What reason did he have to fight these creatures? And why was he so hungry again?

It was all a giant searing hot blur in the center of his brain, and he intended to maneuver his way into the mental driving seat sooner rather than later in order to steer things back on course to normality or whatever came closest. It wasn't like he had much of a choice. The situation was dire, more and more it was looking like a "die or survive" world and he was not a fan at all.

"I don't think there's a point in asking us what the hell is going on...Don't think anyone knows. Don't think we're supposed to know." Aiden paused as his eyes darted around just outside the end of the alleyway.

"I think we just.....Go.Ya know? We just...exist here. Not alive. Not dead. Hell, we're not even in the fucking middle. This?.....This is round 2." Aiden felt sick the moment the words left his lips and he couldn't help but feel unnerved by what the future held.

"Don't suppose you wanna go looking for clothes in the dumpster so I'd guess we better start walking if we wanna make it....somewhere. Anywhere is better than this fucking alley." .

1625980088931.png
(sorry its short idk what to put ;;; )
Ax let out a little huff at the group, "y-ou're all so hostil-ile, is this re-e-ally the worst that could have hap-ap-pened?" he spoke, before picking up his head and holding it, "least we all still got our h-h-heads attached." he joked, honestly an alleyway full of strangers wasn't that scary nor an unusual turn of events. Placing his head back on his bloody neck he glanced at the man who spoke,

"Yah leaving sounds g-r-reat, maybe we can find somet-thing better to d-d-do than stand in a dirty ally?" he chuckled, his hand with his axe jerking slightly as if he was going to swing it or something, though it was more of just a tick so he didn't offer any sort of comment regarding it. Hopefully, it will be much more enjoyable once all of the scardy cats calm down and stop being so surprised by their appearance.

Your discussion is ended prematurely by the sounds of rattling coming from beneath the dumpster the vampire is in. Rattling that turns into clanking that ends with the dumpster being violently thrown against the opposite wall (knocking the vampire inside unconscious) as the sewer grate beneath it is shoved out of the way by a terrifying head on a long neck. Sighting prey the monster from the sewers continues raising it's head until it's front legs are in position, then attempts to grab Ax in it's jaws.

Luckily for the ghost the monster's teeth are unable to find purchase on his ghostly body and all that happens is he has the unsettling feeling of something passing through his torso. Enraged by it's inability to grab an easy meal, the sewer monster pulls the rest of it's body out of the ground, causing the ground around the sewer grate to collapse.
1626403222531.png
As it raises itself to it's full height you realize that if you want to stand any chance of survival you're going to have to have to either fight this thing or outrun it. And the latter isn't currently an option because it's long neck gives it vastly superior reach. You should be able to negate that advantage in a fight by getting in close, and depending on how the fight goes you might be able to outrun it's stubby little legs after bloodying it.

The blows seemed never ending.

Nick did his best to cover his face, knowing that Reeves would kill him if his face got fucked up. He could barely move, though. He couldn't catch his breath, and just as he thought he was going to be able to suck in some air, he heard a loud "crack!"

He knew that at least one of his ribs was broken. He couldn't even beg the man to stop. He squeezed his eyes shut and silently prayed that it would be over soon...

Then, it got cold. It was too cold, too suddenly, and somehow, the pain was gone. He was terrified of opening his eyes, but he forced himself to face his reality. The world came into focus slowly. He was met by a dark room, barely lit by whatever light source was outside the window. The moon? A streetlight? He couldn't be sure.

He sat up slowly and looked down at himself to try to find the bruises. He jumped as his eyes landed on blue flesh. It wasn't a natural, bruise sort of blue, either. It was straight out of the-blue-people-not-the-airbender Avatar. What the hell?

"Oh, Nicky..."

Nick spun around as he heard the familiar voice behind him. "Reeves?" Nick asked, squinting at the demonic figure before him. Was this some sort of bad acid trip? What had happened with the man who was beating him?

"That's right, Nicky. Now, what on Earth did you let happen to yourself?" Reeves raked his snake-like eyes over Nick's new form, taking in every inch of him.

Nick shook his head, trying to get his bearings. "What's going on? I don't understand..."

"You don't need to. Everything is still the same," Reeves said. "You work for me. You do whatever I say. The only thing that's changed is the location." He tossed Nick a business card. It had Reeves' name plastered across it, as well as the name and location of a club. "You'll be there tomorrow night, or you'll regret ever being born. I don't think that I have to remind you just how... convincing I can be."

Nick's head was reeling. He was starting to have some semblance of understanding. This was Hell, and Reeves was his torture. At least, that's what Nick thought.

"Now, I did forget one other thing that changed," Reeves chuckled. "Your appearance."

"Yeah, no shit," Nick mumbled, examining his blue hands.

Reeves grinned at him. "No, other than that. I ensured that you would be extra beneficial to me. You see, every human, demon, or creature that lays eyes on you will see their idea of perfection. You'll be utterly irresistible, which means my club will be irresistible."

Nick tried to wrap his head around this. "What?"

Reeves didn't answer him. "Meet me at the club tomorrow night at seven. Don't be late." With that, he disappeared.

Nick held his pounding head as he looked around, lost and confused. This was all too much. He forced himself up and toward the door, figuring that was the only logical first step. He pushed the door open and took in the sights of the outside world. It was dark and bleak looking. It reminded him of a film noir, only worse. Then, someone... or rather something... caught his eye. He saw what could only be described as a monster, with long, curling teeth, and a body covered in hair.

Nick gasped and stumbled back into the building as the creature locked eyes with him and began approaching. Nick remembered what Reeves had said about his appearance, and quickly began looking for something to cover himself with. He was blessed with a long, black cloak. Granted, it was covered in dust and smelled like moth balls, but he would take it. He pulled it on and cinched the hood as tightly as possible before looking for another exit.

He found another door in the back and slipped outside, undetected by the creature that was out front. He had no idea where he was going, but he knew that he needed to find the tools to survive.

Nick wrapped the cloak tighter around himself as he searched the streets. He didn't really know what for. He was completely lost and confused, and everything still felt like a bad dream. The only indication that it wasn't a bad dream was the smell around him and the scratch of the cloak against his now very blue skin.

Suddenly, he heard a loud crash in the alley way beside him. He turned to take a look and froze in terror as his eyes met another monster. This one was even more terrifying than the last. It looked like a dinosaur mixed with a spider, or maybe a scorpion. Either way, he needed to run.

Why was he frozen? He couldn't move.

His brain raced as he took in the rest of his surroundings. There were others there, too. Some looked borderline normal, but all looked as terrified as him.

Phoenix slowly awoke, coming to her senses. 'Am I dead?' She could recall the last moments before she hit the ground, falling endlessly for what felt like hours. As she moved her legs, excruciating pain shot through her. Were her legs broken? She didn't know. Trying to lift herself up on her arms, she let out a yell of pain and collapsed. Nothing was broken though, she could tell since she was actually able to lift herself even a little, and that she could not explain. With wide, scared eyes, she looked around the apparent alley where she laid. Suddenly, she became aware of some dinosaur-esque creature from nightmares at the end. Phoenix scrambled up on her feet, tears welling in her eyes at the pain. She felt a book beneath her feet, and looking down, instantly recognized it as hers. She picked it up and stumbled painfully into a brick wall.

The tall creature launched a dumpster across the alley, making her scream before her hand flew to her mouth to muffle the sound, though it was a gesture in vain. Phoenix felt her breath catch in her throat as she looked between this creature, who now turned towards the source of the scream, her scream, to the many other scared faces in the area; a bird-woman, a cloaked man, a terrifying looking apparition, and someone who appeared just to be a normal man. The hellish looking thing at the end looked around with its long neck, and all the others were just standing there, frozen. What could they do? What could she do? She felt the book shift in her arms, like some fated reminder, and she held her one hand out, staring at the creature. Could she use her power to hurt? She never intended to.

A flashback of an incident at school stopped her completely. She had hurt someone before... She felt just as frozen as the other's looked. In comparison to them all, except maybe the ghost, she felt like a child among people who knew so much more than her. The adrenaline rush started fading as the pain slowly came rearing back. She winced as the weight of her body started to become unbearable again. Before she could no longer stand, she decided she had to muster up the courage to try to attack this thing, maybe give time to run to those close to it. She knew she could, despite the horror she felt, and the bravery within her heart told her she had to, no matter how terrifying it was.

Shutting her eyes, and recalling the words in her mind, she lifted her hand and a bolt of red-hot fire shot across the alley, illuminating it in the darkness, and landed square against the chest of the creature, causing it to unleash a horrifying sound of its own. It sounded angrier than it did hurt. Phoenix fell to the floor, feeling dangerously exhausted, watching and hoping someone else would make their move or help her so she could do something. She had never felt so helpless and small before, and yet wanted to be so brave.

Last edited:
As the monstrosity clambered free from the sewer, Aiden felt every hair on his body stand on end. A visceral gut feeling shocked him to his senses at the mere sight of the snarling creature as it passed through the ghostly figure's body before revealing itself to them all, battering the grate and the ground around it as a result.

"What the fu-..." Aiden could hardly get the words out before choking, he looked to be a bit nauseous all of a sudden as his legs wobbled and he collapsed onto the asphalt. He felt dizzy with fever and his muscles began to ache, his bones bending and shifting just beneath his skin. The pain was excruciating, his stomach churning as the urge to throw up from the pain overwhelmed him. He opened his mouth but instead, a visceral growl came out, piercing the ears of all nearby as the pain flooded his senses. As his mouth began to form a maw filled with razor-sharp teeth he did his best to stand up, facing the creature head-on as he snarled through his half-formed muzzle, his skin peeling away like paper to reveal fur-covered muscles.

His bone structure shifted right before their very eyes, the cracking and snapping into place echoing through the alleyway. "I'm gonna eat your heart!" Aiden got out before the gift of speech was taken from him as his elongated muzzle became fully formed and the devastating claws at the ends of his limbs took shape, completing the transformation as a tail sprouted from just behind him.

It was complete. His first transformation of that into his new and "true" form in the Dark World. A hulking beast of a werewolf. Aiden should've been scared, surprised, frigthened, or anything of that sort but instead he only felt hungry and the beast before him looked to be his next meal. He stooped down from his standing position on his hind legs, claws digging into the asphalt and scraping it to dust as he aimed himself directly at the creature.

Aiden thought it would take longer for him to plan his attack but instinct had already made up his mind, causing him to launch himself at blistering speeds towards the creature; swerving down the street as much as possible in the cramped space rather than take a straight line towards the monstrosity. The blast of fire was a surprise but a welcome one, stunning the creature more than enough for Aiden to make his move. He lunged at one of its stubby legs before locking down onto it with his jaw briefly and biting down with a thousand pounds of force. It was boney and flavorless as it cracked between his teeth.

Disappointing.

Aiden immediately backed away, still growling and snarling as he did; a puddle of drool forming in the street beneath him as he took care to watch out for the long reach of that neck. He wasn't sure if he could talk in this form but was concerned about all of the new smells meet his nose as he peered back at the new fresh faces occupying the alleyway. A girl and a cloaked man. He wasn't sure which one of them was shooting fire but he wasn't exactly complaining either as the smell of the creature burning was a welcome one. It was a vile and bizarre smell but the flesh was flesh and it was practically cooking now causing him to be even more eager to slay it and take a good bite to finally decide whether it was food or not.

Maybe the neck should go next? Snap it and be done with it. No more pesky reach and no more pesky life.

Aiden thought to himself, eyeing up the intense reach that the creature's neck gave it before 'sharpening' his claws on the asphalt, sparks shooting from where he stood as he prepared to pounce.

The creature shrieks as the flames wash over it, but when they clear you see it's body is barely singed. Whatever it's hide is it's flame-resistant at the least. Aiden's attack damages one leg, but does next to nothing to upset it's balance and it barely seems to notice it.

Aiden's focus on it's neck proves to be a mistake when the creature's tail whips around and slams him into the alley wall. Meanwhile it's head lunges towards Beliya, jaws open wide to take a bite out of the feathered demon.

Ax flinched violently at the noise, holding his arms up to protect his face, not even processing what was happening. He felt a weird sensation shiver through him causing him to take a break from his brief panic and realize what was going on. Oh right, he was a ghost. Things couldn't hurt him anymore. His gaze turned to the beast fighting the group, catching just the moment of the person slamming into the wall. Ax let out a loud burst of laughter as he doubled over, whipping a tear from his eye, "HAHA, y-y-ou look-k so dumb!" he burst out.

Ax doubted there was much he could do here as he was in fact the one in the group that was the most dead. He shrugged he could at least test it out. He floated over to the wolf-guy thing and without warning sliced right through his head. It of course went right through and caused no damage but it still looked like it was, "Oh, it did act-actually not hu-r-rrt you. That is good-d to know." he said plainly.

"Loo-kk-k-ks like I can't do mu-u-uch here." he added dully as he floated next to the werewolf he almost assaulted.
Isaedras Cleditre Isaedras Cleditre

Nick was finally able to unfreeze himself when he realized just how much danger these people... creatures?... were in. He didn't have powers like them that were useful in combat. He couldn't burn the thing or even use a weapon against it. But he had to buy those who could a little more time.

Nick thought about what Reeves had said to him. His looks would be resistable to any person or creature. Maybe... maybe they would be irresistible to this thing.

Nick took a deep breath and pulled back his hood. "Hey!" he yelled at the creature. "Over here!"

Before he could give the creature a chance to react, he started running.

((Sorry for the short response. I'm at an intensive training for work))

Phoenix quickly realized that the man she thought was human was a werewolf, like something she had heard of in her childhood. She was wondering if she was the only human here, and the thought scared her. She had no comfort now. As the creature wiped its tail and sent the werewolf across the alley, she sucked in a breath. The bird-person seemed to be its next target. Before she could react with another half-assed spell, the cloaked man threw his down and shouted to grab the monster's attention.

There was so much happening, and it was very overwhelming to her. She hardly had any real use for her power and to have to use it so suddenly, especially after a fall like that... She swayed a little as her head felt light but she supported herself again against the building. She cursed herself for being so weak, even after all that training.

Looking between the wolf, the bird, and the man with the cloak, she knew she had to do something. She flipped through her book quickly to more spells. She chose an electric shock, one she had only just began practicing. Shouting the ancient words, a poorly-managed bolt of what appeared to be lightning flew from her hand and struck a part of a building near the creature, causing it to crumble towards the alleyway.

As soon as she realized she missed her shot, she hesitantly decided to save herself and take after the cloaked man and try to run for it, to at least give her body some time between spells.

Aiden yelped in response at the tail thrashing and growled upon hitting into the cold wall from the impact. That was admittedly not the brightest move he could've made and as he recovered from the attack he was mentally running through some better options, desperately looking for openings to attack and eliminate this creature once and for all.

This thought process somehow came naturally to him, pure instinct taking over and driving his thought process as if he always had the knowledge somehow but it was simply locked away. He paid no mind to the laughing of the small stuttering....ghost boy? He was unsure and obviously had bigger concerns at the moment but admittedly still flinched as his 'attack' passed right through his freshly fur-covered body like it wasn't there at all.

Aiden had half a mind to swear at him or at least tell him to get the hell out of the way but he still wasn't sure if speech was completely possible in this form and what trying too hard might do to him so he begrudgingly kept his mouth shut.

Going for the neck almost always seemed to be the easiest way to kill just about anything. You give that vital little thing there a snap and boom no more spine. But this was tricky. Attacking the gross little creature's legs didn't do much at all and going for the neck right away proved to be a mistake cause the creature was too quick with its tail to catch it off guard head-on. What he needed was a fresh approach. Ideally, a...

Nick took a deep breath and pulled back his hood. "Hey!" he yelled at the creature. "Over here!"

Distraction. Perfect.

Aiden's ears twitched at the loud plodding footsteps of the male running away in fear from the creature's gaze and the second it turned Aiden made a mad dash for the creature's throat once more. This time though, instead of running at it head-on he turned sharply around the creature to its side, relying on its "bad side" where he'd damaged the legs to keep it from turning too quickly for him to exploit the opening. The creature was quick but not that quick, and upon just narrowly being out of range of another swiping tail attack, Aiden used the beasts backside like a springboard and launched himself high onto the creature's neck, digging in with his razor-sharp claws as deep as he could on impact and scrambling up the creature's neck like it were a tree. Occasionally his sheer weight would drag Aiden down and cause his meaty claws to messily scrape down the throat of the creature but he hardly minded the extra accidental damage as he clumsily clambered upward and viciously slashed at the head a few times.

Too high up on the neck to be bitten and too far away from the tail to be thwipped. Hopefully this nasty little creature didn't have any other tricks up its sleeve like a weird poisonous gas or extra limbs. The mere thought made Aiden shudder even in his wolfish form as the creature thrashed about beneath him threatening to toss him from quite a height back down onto the cold wet concrete of the alleyway. Given the height of the creature, Aiden began to regret his brash decision and was unable to lower himself down now that the creature's violent thrashing was making him hold on for dear life.

//xD sorry if I took too many liberties here I just assumed we wanted to kill it off pretty soon. if not I can always rewrite anything as neeeded.

A gunshot rings out and the back of the creature's head explodes in a shower of gore. Aiden is thrown clear no worse for wear and lands in a heap on top of a pile of bloody rags. Turning, the group can see a heavily muscled humanoid figure with grayish skin and numerous stitchmarks on it's body holding an extremely large gun.
1630465900209.png
"Meat's down," a harsh, gravely voice from behind the patchwork walking corpse calls out. "With a minimum of damage." A well-dressed canine-like humanoid steps out.
1630466040001.png

"Ah, excellent. Glad I didn't have to do more than track the damn thing, I just cleaned this suit and I'd hate to have to get blood on it. Now about my fee..."
You're not sure how to describe this voice. It doesn't even seem to be something you're hearing, more like it's echoing into your head. And now the owner of that voice enters the picture.
1630466307089.png
This person doesn't seem to have a body inside his clothing. Either he's invisible or the clothes are him. seasonedcat seasonedcat and Isaedras Cleditre Isaedras Cleditre can tell it's the latter due to their ghostly senses and superior sense of smell respectively.

"You'll get paid, Ink. Just be glad Bulk's strong enough to carry that thing by itself."
The ghoul motions to the Flesh Golem and after holstering it's gun it hefts the sewer monster's corpse onto the back of a pickup truck it and the two beings accompanying it pulled up in.

The clothing demon mimes brushing nonexistent filth off it's suit.
"Ew, manual labor. Not my style."

It's just now that you realize that these newcomers are about to drive off and profit off of the creature you just risked your lives fighting. Some of you might take exception to that.

Aiden was visibly confused but all he could do was growl, too hesitant to risk attacking the three new creatures that had emerged and began hauling off the creature he and the others had just nearly died trying to put down. After careful consideration, Aiden considered now the time for talking. It was a struggle to even attempt, his vocal cords feeling as if they were fighting him at every turn but eventually he croaked out a few simple words in a short choppy sentence, his voice low and raspy as one might imagine.

"Who...Are.....You?" Aiden groaned before walking a few steps closer to observe them and gather the scents of the others. Unique. Distinct. Uncanny scents. And now they were locked away into the vault of his mind in case he needed to recall their specific essence later. They could be trouble or nothing of the sort but in a world like this, there was no way to be sure, and therefore no way he could take any chances.

"My kill. My meal." He huffed, still croaking a bit weakly as he gestured to the corpse of the creature they'd loaded up. He looked back to the others that had been tossed into the alley by whatever force had brought them here, wondering if they could do the speaking for him considering they were much more humanoid than he was currently and he was still attempting to get comfortable enough in his newfound fur-covered flesh to communicate.

//short n sweet but interaction nonetheless

Nick stopped running when he realized that the monster had been downed. He turned back to the crowd, panting from exhaustion and anxiety. He wished that he had some weed or something.

God, that was pathetic for him to think about.

He quickly pulled his hood back up and took in the scene in front of him. He honestly couldn't give a shit about them taking that monster away. He definitely couldn't eat it, but some of the others looked like they could stomach it, especially the guy who killed it...

He approached the group slowly, feeling his limbs shake. "Want me to get that back for you?" he asked the guy quietly, but it was open to pretty much anyone.

Phoenix stayed in place, watching the three stranger creatures show up and then pick up the giant lizard demon they killed. She wanted to smile at the werewolves bravery in speaking up to those guys, and it inspired her. She looked to the cloaked figure as he spoke, but decided that she would take the first stance against these guys. There were enough of them to maybe take them on... She hoped at the very least no one had to get hurt.

"Hey now, you could at least thank us!" she called, stepping forward between the others and towards the group of apparent bounty hunters, or something of that likeness. "Maybe some kind of payment for taking care of that thing for ya, right?" She prayed her nervousness was perfectly concealed behind her false confidence. "Spare a leg for the dog, even?"

Phoenix could tell her voice started to break at the end as her cautious nature started to get the best of her. She didn't want to look weak, though, and kept her stance and gaze towards the clearly powerful creatures.

The ghoul steps forwards confrontationally, but the clothing demon motions him aside.
"Now now, if a fight's going to happen let's at least ensure all alternatives were explored."

You notice the alley's shadows coalescing around him, whoever this demon is he's got tricks up his sleeves.

"Or at the very least that we know the names of our victims. Hello, I've got a whole lot of names, but you can call me Ink. I'm a Demon of Vanity, very much for hire, and currently acting as a bounty hunter and finder of items of value. Now I understand that you believe that your attempts at battling what is now a large collection of meat and various other organic parts have earned you the right to regard it as your property. Which indicates you're new to this world, since here the social contract revolves more around 'might makes right' than 'rule of law.'"

Ink relaxes and even though he has no face you can feel him grinning.

"Now you might think that you have strength in numbers and my fastidiousness about my appearance, loquaciousness, and preference for diplomacy over immediate violence means that you have the upper hand here or that I have anything to fear from you."

The shadows behind Ink grow teeth. It's now you realize that the clothing isn't what he is, it's just containing his true form. And he's letting a fraction of it spill out.

"That's very much not the case. So even if I do generally relish the feeling of brutally ending lives I'm going to make an offer that's entirely fair given the current situation."

Ink pulls out a silver pocketwatch and presses a button on it. A large black coach pulled by demonic-looking horses appears behind the car Ink and his companions arrived in. A ghostly coachman sits in the driver's seat.

"Today is a special day for me and it's almost lunchtime. You four will come with me, I'll get us all lunch, and then we can discuss your futures in this city. Most newcomers would have died in that fight, so you've piqued my interest."

The ghoul seems slightly panicked and motions the flesh golem to get into the truck.
"Ah fuck, you're starting shit again. Nope, if anyone asks I wasn't here. Good luck you lot, you're going to need it."

The truck speeds off, taking the monster's body with it. Ink stands there expectantly.

(For the purposes of moving the story forwards I'll assume you all agree and Isaedras Cleditre Isaedras Cleditre 's character returns to Human form to get inside the coach.)

Inside the coach Ink steeples his gloves.
"Now's the time for questions, neophytes. Think hard, because you're going to want to impress me."

Ax bent over snickering to himself at this appearance of someone with far too much confidence. He couldn't care less about them taking the kill that he had no hand in. Honestly, they struggled to fight whatever that thing was and he doubted that it would be plausible for this group of imbeciles to even be able to put up a fight against clearly skilled hunters of this beast.

Ax just rolled his eyes at the man and followed everyone else into the weird-ass carriage. He honestly had nothing better to do and maybe this would provide some sort of entertainment for him. He entered the vehical and didn't bother taking a seat like everyone else and just decided to float above them, despite the clearly tight squeeze. He would just go through them after all, not like he was really living.

At the prompts for questions, Ax yawned lightly, could this guy be any more boring? Honestly, how could you live your life like that, seems kind of a waste of one? Ax lay in the air above them, on his back and leaned his head back at an unnatural angle that left his neck wound exposed for most to see, his face hovering in front of the weird guy, "Do you have a large ego to make up for other smaller parts of yourself?"

Aiden looked puzzled and as the creature spoke more and more his growling turned to confused silence as he listened close to what Ink had to say. He had a point, they had no clue who he was, where they were or the "rules" of such a palace which left them much more vulnerable than they could possibly know even as a group.

He was hesitant at first, of course. The way Ink shifted and grinned as he spoke and his very form was yet another strange and unsettling form to add to the list of creatures he'd bumped into in this alley today.

"Fine." Aiden spoke coldly, his body slowly shrinking back down as his muzzle shrunk back into the shape of his human skull, animalistic features regressing back into his human form as he slowly made his way into the coach and nestled in, searching his mind for a question worth spewing out loud.

All that came to mind though was a million variations of "what the fuck?" So he decided to start simple and work his way from there. After all there was no way he could expect to understand anything about this new world without the basics.

"Who are you? And where are we sounds like enough of a start to me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back