• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Gravitational Force

Dark Lord of Creativity
There is no sun in the sky, only the color of the full moon changes.
1601255729295.png
You were Human. Then one way or another you stepped through a portal and ended up in the Dark World. Normally this would have most likely shortened your remaining time alive down to seconds due to the inhospitable nature of the Dark World's inhabitants, wildlife, landscape, and general state of being when it comes to Humans (carnivores abound), but you were lucky. Or unlucky, depending on how you view it.

The Dark Father, King of the Dark World had demanded his subordinates do something about the dwindling population (Constant predation and an extremely hazardous environment will do that), and so you were offered a choice: become part of the Dark World willingly or become part of it unwillingly. The former required you to give up your Humanity (and in some cases your soul), the second required nothing of you since it meant you're already dead.

You had your pick of masters though. And it's good to have options:
  • If you were attached to your looks (or didn't have them but wanted them) then Vampirism under Darklord Remmory was a path to that. Sure you were giving up your ability to eat normal food, acquiring an overpowering thirst for a certain iron-rich liquid, and gaining a severe sunlight allergy (not that there was any in the Dark World), but who wouldn't make sacrifices for beauty?
1601257477180.png

• It's always night and the moon is always full in the Dark World (except when it's not), so why not let your hair down (and out) by becoming a Werebeast? Bat, Rat, Wolf, Fox, Crocodile, etc., all it took was a bite and that savage power could be yours. A hunger for fresh meat, tendency to transform while under stress, and increased emotional sensitivity is a fair tradeoff, so why not join Darklord Guloth's pack?
1601257528526.png

• You've heard of Deals with the Devil, but Darklord Yarnoth's terms were simple: your immortal soul (not that losing it would make any difference) in exchange for Demonhood. Sure, your body would twist into a form representing the darkest parts of you, but the power is just so tempting. And maybe you'll get lucky...
1601257733823.png

• Normally those able to use magic were born that way. But if you're willing to sign up for some...experimentation you might be able to harness this power. Or explode. Or both. Just don't bother Darklord Vennaz with your petty complaints about voices in your head.
1601258712294.png

• And then there's the Dead, the Forsaken, and the Lost. Either through bad luck, despair, or stupidity you ended up losing your life (or something just as important) before you could choose. But fear not, Darklord Dismur has a place for you among his followers. Whether you're a shambling Zombie, a literal Ghost of your former self, or some other form of Undead (or something similar), you are welcome among your fellows, if not the rest of Dark World society.
1601259289160.png

But no matter what you become you're still on the bottom of the pyramid. If you want to climb you'll need allies. And if you can't trust other former Humans who can you trust? Hint: you can't even trust them. But hopefully you'll all benefit from collaborating. Or at least have company when you fall.

Welcome, this RP's plot will vary depending on how the players who sign up would like to play it. Read these first before signing up:

My guarantees as GM:
  • I am here to help you help us all tell the story. If you ever have questions, comments, concerns, ideas for the RP, or just want to chat I'm willing to listen and respond. Just let me know what you want or need.
  • I'm here to help. I don't kick people out for questioning me and I view player feedback as a valuable resource in making better RPs.

Your responsibilities as players:
  • You will need to be willing and able to write at least 3 detailed, literate paragraphs per main post. If a post would be smaller I'll use messaging to consolidate them into a single post.
  • You will need to let me know if you won't be able to post during your turn. As long as you let me know it's fine but otherwise I'll eventually have to kick you out so the others can post.
  • Please try to post at least once a week.
  • No controlling another player's character without their consent.
  • If I ever tag or message you I'll need you to respond as soon as possible. Real life comes first, but please at least say if you can't respond beyond saying you have real life stuff that needs to come first.
  • Be nice to each other. If you are having problems with another player let me know and I'll see what I can do to solve it.

I've got openings for up to 5 players.
A CS and OOC page will go up when all the slots are filled. If requested by the majority of the players I will create a Discord once we've gotten started.

Feel free to ask any questions you need to, I am happy to answer them.

Last edited:
What would be happening? like yeah, the characters step through a portal and have to become a monster, but like whats the actual plot? What would we be doing? What's the goal?

What would be happening? like yeah, the characters step through a portal and have to become a monster, but like whats the actual plot? What would we be doing? What's the goal?
I have some options that players can decide on. The main goal for the first part would be for your characters to actually be able to live in the Dark World, which means they need cash and a place to live. Options for getting the former include treasure-hunting, dealing with gangs, clearing out infestations, etc. and the latter would involve either getting enough money to buy a home, finding somewhere they can live without paying, etc.

The idea is the RP starts out as them trying to survive and then moves to them trying to move up in the world. The Dark World is like a modern city except there's no real law enforcement and there are tons of environmental hazards. And the technology is based on magic or monstrous biology.

I got the idea from The Necropolis Archives by Tim Waggoner.

I have some options that players can decide on. The main goal for the first part would be for your characters to actually be able to live in the Dark World, which means they need cash and a place to live. Options for getting the former include treasure-hunting, dealing with gangs, clearing out infestations, etc. and the latter would involve either getting enough money to buy a home, finding somewhere they can live without paying, etc.

The idea is the RP starts out as them trying to survive and then moves to them trying to move up in the world. The Dark World is like a modern city except there's no real law enforcement and there are tons of environmental hazards. And the technology is based on magic or monstrous biology.

I got the idea from The Necropolis Archives by Tim Waggoner.

huh alright. I'd say I'm in!

Okay, that's 2 players. If I can get 2 more players interested I'll put up a character sheet and out of character thread.

Feel free to let other players know if you think they'd like this.

Okay. 1 more player and I will put up character sheets and an out of character thread and there will be room for one more player after that.

I do have one question. Well, two, really, but they're in the same vein

When you mentioned that the only way to move up in the world, do you mean strictly politically, or does it also include growing in the power of your abilities? Like, let's say a ghost wants to move up in the world, do they accomplish that through strictly political means, or do they find ways to increase their own strength to supplement those political means?

When you mentioned that the only way to move up in the world, do you mean strictly politically, or does it also include growing in the power of your abilities? Like, let's say a ghost wants to move up in the world, do they accomplish that through strictly political means, or do they find ways to increase their own strength to supplement those political means?
Both. You'll start out on the bottom of all pecking orders and power scales (other than those who feel further than you started out at or are just plain pitiful) but as the RP goes on you might be able to find some room higher up. Or make some room.

As an example Ghosts would start out unable to affect the physical world beyond moving a few pounds of weight (and even then only be either being out of their minds or concentrating incredibly hard) and be below even the average beggar (Ghost beggars tend to follow pedestrians around until a coin is tossed their way so they'll have to stop their pursuit in order to pick it up.) when it comes to social standing. But those Ghosts with potential, intelligence, or both can find success. The fact that Darklord Dismur started as a weak Ghost should show how high they can climb.

Also power is relative. Your character being able to tear a normal Human to shreds doesn't mean anywhere near as much when they're in a world where Humans are near the bottom of the food chain.

Also power is relative. Your character being able to tear a normal Human to shreds doesn't mean anywhere near as much when they're in a world where Humans are near the bottom of the food chain.
True. I guess I've got no more questions till I see the sheet, hopefully that happens

If you have any questions about specific monsters (Vampires/Werebeasts/Undead)/subgroups (Vampire Bloodlines/Werebeasts Breeds/Undead forms) feel free to ask.

Also each player will have to choose a different group to join. I want to have a diverse party, so if any of you want a specific one please figure it out amongst yourselves now.

I've got a question my character would ask when/if they encounter a vampire, but that's more of a roleplay event than an OOC question.

Dibs on Undead

OOC and CS are up.
Please figure out amongst yourselves which of you will have their character belong to which species. So far Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer has said they want Undead, so if anyone else wants that they should talk with them. Otherwise Vampire, Werebeast, Demon, and Witchkin are still open.

Oooooh, this is so neat. Is there still room?

Last edited:
If you can meet the requirements there's room for a Witchkin character.

What is the magic used by Witchkin like in this world? Are they spellcasters, do they form a contract with some sort of entity, what's their schtick?

What is the magic used by Witchkin like in this world? Are they spellcasters, do they form a contract with some sort of entity, what's their schtick?
Witchkin channel magic through their bodies and can cast spells and work greater magic through rituals. Your character will have been physically altered through both surgery and magic to be able to use magic, and will start out being able to do minor stuff like launch concussive force about as powerful as a punch, hurls handfuls of fire, do minor divinations (figuring out which way is North for example), etc. But at the risk of exploding if they use too much or too big a spell and the mental effects that can damage their sanity.
Your character won't be accepted by most of those who were born Witchkin and other Darkworlders will treat them as being barely above Human.

Anything else I can help with or do you feel able to start on your character sheet? I can also send you an invite to the Discord if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back