• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy DOUGHNUT LORD, ARISE! {Open and always accepting!}

OneTinyDoughnut

₍₍◝(°꒳°*)◜₎₎
giphy.gif

While you were going about your day, you happened to notice that you had received an e-mail.

Send New Email
New Email Received
donutcontact@hotmail.com

AMAZING NEW DONUT PLACE!!!

HOT DONUTS IN YOUR AREA!

The REVOLUTIONARY new donut chain, "Fantasy Donuts", is opening October 21st in YOUR area! Just mention the phrase 'Spoopy skeletons' to get a FREE HALLOWEEN ITEM!

Store location: Near you!

Hope to see you there!

After taking a moment to wonder just who uses Hotmail anymore, your stomach gave a rumble. Now seemed as good a time as any to use this somewhat sketchy, but convenient offer. You made your way down the street a few blocks to the newly built building. It seemed nice enough. Looking at the tacky, but somehow charming, seasonal décor, you made your way to the counter. While this shop surely only had donuts, it had such a large selection that it took you a moment to decide. After picking the item you mentioned the promo phrase. With a smile that seemed too white to be real, the cashier with the nametag 'Chip' handed over your item. You took a seat by the cotton cobweb covered window.

About ten minutes later, you had finished the pastry and were just about to leave. Before you realized that you couldn't get up. Or move at all for that manner. Looking around, you were surrounded by darkness. Before you could try to speak, you heard a booming voice.

"DOUGHVAKIIN! Wait, that's the wrong franchise..."

Somehow, you managed to turn yourself enough to look at the figure. It wasn't what you expected - unless, you were expecting a talking donut, that is. A giant, pink frosted sprinkled donut. On its head was a crown of those filled long johns. It had a cartoony looking face and appeared to be very grumpy while muttering to itself. In this strange situation, one particular question stuck out in your mind.

"Isn't it weird to be wearing donuts on your head since you are a donut?"

As if reading your mind, the figure huffed impatiently. "No, mortal, it is not!" It jabbed a thin arm at the crown. "I have a SOUL, those do not. Without a SOUL, it is just food - Oh, forget it. The point is, CHOSEN ONE!" the mysterious donut bellowed.

"I am the mighty and awful DOUGHNUT LORD! I have already set a horrible plan in motion to enslave all creatures on EARTH with pastries! Soon, the world will be at my fingertips! Unfortunately, deciding my power is too great, the OP COMITTEE has forced me to bring you here!" the newly dubbed Doughnut Lord scoffed.

"You can try to defeat me, although I doubt you can! Otherwise, you can attempt to gain favors from me. Or explore the realm of CANDYLAND. Either way, I don't really care. Open world fantasies never made any sense to me anyways..." the Doughnut Lord sneezed, and didn't cover its mouth. Gross!

As the DL continued to mumble, your head reeled. So many important words, plot holes, and questions to be asked. It continued on...

"There will be others. You will all wake up in GUMBALL TOWN. There are plenty of places to go, but I cannot be bothered explaining, so ask a local or look at a MAP. There are plenty of other... CITIZENS to talk to anyway. I will be in my DOUGHNUT PALACE. Since this is my Realm, you will be able to talk to me at any given point, as long as you address me. Read: because of plot convenience. GOOD LUCK!" Cackling maniacally, it only paused for a second when it started to cough. It faded out of view.

You woke up in the middle of a cartoony, but otherwise normal looking town. The only other outstanding oddity was that all of the people walking around were all some kind of candy or pastry. The others around you were also starting to wake up.

What did you do?

Last edited by a moderator:
'...Uta places a hand on his forehead as a dull pain pushes against his inner skull. He opens his eyes but everythings a bit foggy for a moment before he's able to catch his barrings. Furthermore he somehow ended up on the ground staring up at the bizarre colored sky. Uta sit's up and examines the surroundings...'

'For being a huge jerk... this "Doughnut Lord" Sure has a particularly cute sense of decor...'

'...Uta thought to himself...'

Hey! Doughnut Lord! I had a question.... if what you said about the doughnuts having souls is true... doesn't that mean you're wearing corpses on your head? And if you're old enough to be a lord doesn't that also mean that those corpses are child doughnuts!?

The Doughnut Lord's voice came from seemingly nowhere.

"Fool, you fool! In order for something to be alive, it must be given a soul! Unlike humans we are not born. We cannot grow. If we have a soul, we are alive, if we do not, we are not. Life and death works differently here. The citizens of Candyland are all objects - food, in this case - that were given souls."

Tiny woke up at the sound of the bellowing, disembodied voice. "W-whoa! What the heck?" Her brown eyes looked at everything. "Everything's so cute~ Oh?" Pausing, she noticed the squishy looking cheeks of another person that had already woken up. "Who're you?"

@Uta

Pandora sat up slowly and opened her eyes, squinting at all the bright, cute, candy colored surroundings. Her red blouse, black distressed jeans, and motorcycle boots starkly contrasted with the pastel-colored... everything. She blinked a few times in disbelief, then pinched herself - yep, it hurt.

"What in the heck happened? Last I knew, I was getting a delicious chocolate glazed donut, and next thing I know, I'm here!"

She looked around again, really looking at things this time, and noticed she wasn't alone...

More people were waking up! "Hello there! I have no idea what happened to us either - I can't remember anything!" Tiny exclaimed, responding to the green-eyed girl's question. (@PandorasRose)

A crowd of rather delicious looking cupcake and cookie people were gathering around. There were murmurs, mostly the words "travelers" and "otherworlders". A rather round snicker doodle wearing an apron and chef hat stepped forward. "Hoho! Hello! You all must be from the surface world! Since you've all come such a long way, why don't you follow me? I have somewhere you can sit for a while! Afterwards, I can give you a tour of town to get you all situated. Then you can be on your merry way!" It spoke in a rather deep, but jovial voice. "Oh, and where are my manners? Hoho! My name is Sam Doodle! Nice t' meet'cha!"

OneTinyDoughnut said:
More people were waking up! "Hello there! I have no idea what happened to us either - I can't remember anything!" Tiny exclaimed, responding to the green-eyed girl's question. (@PandorasRose)
A crowd of rather delicious looking cupcake and cookie people were gathering around. There were murmurs, mostly the words "travelers" and "otherworlders". A rather round snicker doodle wearing an apron and chef hat stepped forward. "Hoho! Hello! You all must be from the surface world! Since you've all come such a long way, why don't you follow me? I have somewhere you can sit for a while! Afterwards, I can give you a tour of town to get you all situated. Then you can be on your merry way!" It spoke in a rather deep, but jovial voice. "Oh, and where are my manners? Hoho! My name is Sam Doodle! Nice t' meet'cha!"
'...Uta made his way up and upon doing so his hand happened to glide right through one of the cupcakes frosting. He didn't realize it at first but when he did, he stared at it for a moment... and licked some off his hand...'

'...Before he knew it he was drooling and his eyes had become wide as he had never had anything other than people that tasted so astounding!...'

@OneTinyDoughnut

The cupcake didn't seem to notice part of it was completely missing, as it got distracted by a butterfly that was made out of butterscotch.

"Not a talky bunch, eh? Hoho!" The odd ensemble ended up at a colorful looking Inn of sorts. There, S. Doodle had them all sit at a large table. The cookie man brought over a map of the area and pointed a fat finger at the different locations.

"Here we are, right in the middle of Gumball Town! The shopping center and other buildings, like houses, are scattered all around! The Spoopy Forest is North of town, and North of that is the Doughnut Lord's palace! South of town is the Sprinkle Beach, where See-shells are known to wash up from time to time. South of that is the Neverending Ocean. As for the rest of it, well... I have no clue!" Sam scratched his cookie head. "New areas only ever appear when travelers like you all come through here! So, I guess we'll know if you ever go that way."

MAP

Doughnut King's Palace

|

Spoopy Forest

|

Gumball Town

|

Sprinkle Beach

|

Neverending Ocean

"Ohohoh! I shall not keep you from adventuring, but let me know if you have any questions!"

@Uta

@PandorasRose

Last edited by a moderator:
"SLAVE, I ORDER SIXTY BELLY RUBS! IMMEDIATELY" Queen ordered looking at the nearest person she saw, "AND STOP DROOLING!" She shouted to another person, who was eating cupcakes. She had every right to scream at them, she after all was a queen. First she woke up in a unknown land, after being forced to eat a cupcake, to her there was nothing more

disgusting!

"Y-y-yes ma'am!" a startled brownie immediately started to give the talking cat belly rubs. The other citizens were torn between staring in awe or running away in fear. Some sugar cookies brought over fans and started to cool off the creature. @Lilah Tunth

MEANWHILE, IN THE INN

Tiny stared in awe at the map. "Wow, looks like there are plenty of places to explore! Where do you guys think we should go first?" @Uta @PandorasRose

"THATS ENOUGH!" She barked (lol), "YOU THERE! THAT'S RIGHT YOU!" She screamed further "TAKE ME TO THE NEAREST INN, I WANT MILK AND ICE CREAM WHEN I GET THERE! AND A PILLOW TO SIT ON, WITH GOLD TRIMMING... AND MAKE IT PURPLE!" She ordered off, she wanted to drink and to sleep, very much.

('...I intertwine my fingers and bend them back causing them to crack a little dust seemed to come off my fingers as I did so...'

Alright... time to start posting again)

'...I was still relishing over a taste that was not human flesh...'

Ah... that's really refreshing... I haven't had anything like that... in.... well... I can't remember actually....

'...I scratched my head lost a little. I noticed someone else had began talking to me and I looked at the delicious sweet conversing in my direction. I had but only blinked a couple of times disinterested before actually listening to what they had to say...'

My vote is.... the Spoopy Forest... should be interesting... was that a typo... or...ah whatever sounds like fun!

@OneTinyDoughnut

Without a word the confectionary ran off to do the cat's bidding. A blue frosted cupcake lead the way to Sam Doodle's Inn. There were the other adventurers near a large table with a map. Upon her arrival, the Queen was given a purple silk pillow with golden trim to sit on close by. She was surrounded by every type of ice cream she could imagine and a large bowl of warm milk. "I-is there anything we can do for you?" a peppermint patty squeaked. @Lilah Tunth

"That sounds kinda scary," Tiny said with a small frown. "But hey, might as well enjoy it while we're here! I'd be willing to go!"

"Feeling brave, ey?" Sam chuckled. "Spoopy Forest is the most spooky of places. In fact, it's so spooky, we had to come up with a new word for it! If you're going there, I might suggest you top up on some supplies in one of the shops nearby." @Uta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back