OLD RP - Dorne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypnos

L'Empereur
tumblr_ne6o29mof81u2n5cyo1_500.png

Daran Martell

Sunspear

Daran walked trough the streets of the city, greeting people wherever he saw them. The sun was shining brightly, just like everyday, but today he was tasked with a special task. He needed to get House Fowler 5000 men to defend the Prince Pass, and House Wyl and Yronwood to defend the Boneway with 10000 men. Daran was still thinking about visiting the Houses himself, but that means he will be off for a few weeks traveling, but his uncle also has tasked him with the daily affairs at Dorne when he was absent. He decided to visit one of the Brothels he was close to. Entering the brothel, he found quickly what he liked.

Exiting the Brothel, Daran decided to stay. Back at the Castle, he wrote the letters and gave them to the courier. As soon as the courier was away, Daran was asked to help several people,

The day had been a long one, and Daran was happy to fall asleep in his bed. Daran always slept at the left side, his lover at the right side. But Levi wasn't here at the moment. The last thoughts of Daran were 'Hopefully Uncle won't marry me out to some Lady who he sees at the Wedding'

-

Falon Of Norvos

She strut. The sand crunched beneath her brown an' leather boots. Oberyn was by her left. He was oddly quiet. I am glad. Falon could rarely get the young guard to shut his mouth most days. Maybe I should ask him if he is alright? She shook her head at that thought. She shouldn't do such a thing. Oberyn was her underling. Not a 'friend'. In-front of Falon was Rena, a young maiden with hair like fire. Rena was leading Falon and Oberyn to the site in which Rena was assaulted.
"They threw me into the sand and kicked my locket from my hand, my lady." Rena had said, earlier.
"I am not your lady." Falon replied.
"Oh. Of course. I... I am sorry. But, please. You must help me bring these foul men and women to their... their justice."
And Falon was doing just that. She followed Rena to one of the beaches at Sunspear. Falon chose Oberyn to come along with 'em. He was one of her best men, if not the best. The beach was eerie at night. The half moon cast its reflection onto the ocean water. The beach itself was only lit up by the moonlight's light. Besides it, the beach was a dark place. A very, very dark place. Until...
"There." Rena pointed at it as they came around a sandy hill. "Do you see it?"
"I see it." Oberyn said, softly.
Falon grunted.
A light. A flame.
"It's their bonfire, my la- Falon." Rena said as her slender finger pointed towards it. "Please, help me get my locket back."
Falon nodded. "You stay here. Oberyn and I will approach them."
"We will?" Oberyn asked, quizzical.
Falon looked at him. Her eyes give him a response. She wasn't awfully fond of wasting her words. So Oberyn, like the rest of her men, always knew what she meant by her facial expressions and hand gestures. Falon slightly pushed Rena behind the sandy hill. Then they approached the fire...

"Lord of Light, we give to you undying devotion. Each, and every, one of us. Even those of us who have yet to... see your light." The red priest swung around, coming face to face with Falon. His lips formed a smile. Zahid Of Asshai. "How did I know it was going to be you?" Falon spoke.
Zahid smiled wider.
"What are you doing here, Lady Falon? I have done nothing wrong. Only preached. Is there a Westerosi law against such a thing as preaching?" Zahid sang. He was a handsome man, around the age of thirty. At least he looked it. His jaw was strong, as was his cheekbones and chin. He had a shaved head, and a young beard.
"Not yet." Falon placed her hand on the pommel of her axe, which was strapped to her thigh.
Zahid laughed.
"So, please, tell me what I did wrong?" He asked, smug.
"You took my mother's locket, you Godless bastard!" Rena shouted. She had left the safety of her sand hill and approached the fire as Falon and Oberyn did. Falon shot her an angry look. I told her to stay put. The foolish girl. Zahid's smile faded as his eyes laid themselves upon the young woman.
"Godless?" He repeated.
"Yes, you are Godless. You do not worship The Seven. You took my locket which had their symbols engraved on it. A gift from my mother. My late mother. You are Godless! ALL OF YOU!" Rena roared. Falon looked at Oberyn, and he nodded. Oberyn grabbed a hold of Rena. She tried to get free of his grasp, but it was almost impossible for her. Zahid looked back at his followers. They were all standing around the bonfire. Some standing, some on their knees.
"We are not Godless, child." He said. He put his hand into his robe's pocket. Falon drew her axe, ready to strike. He did not pull out a weapon, however. He pulled out a locket. Rena's locket. "Relax, Lady Falon. I am harmless." He said, slyly. He waved the locket around, in-front of Rena.
"We are not Godless. In-fact, we are far from it. We worship the one true God. The Lord of Light. He watches over us, unlike your 'Seven'."
Rena spat. "Lies!"
"Yes, you tell yourself lies. You comfort yourself with your Crone, and your Maiden. Your Mother, and your Smith. But none of them are real, child. They are creations of the corrupted mind. They are false." Zahid closed in. The locket hanging from his fist. Rena eyed it.
"I hope you will find trust in your real God." Zahid began, "R'hllor..."

Zahid turned around, opened his fist, and threw the locket into the burning fire. As it hit the flames- Zahid's followers all rejoiced.

Rena screamed. "You bastards!"
Falon grabbed Zahid by the shoulder. "You did not need to do that, priest."
"I did, Lady Falon." He reassured her.
"I should bring you to a cell and lock you up." Falon grunted. Her hand pressed down on his shoulder, heavily. He let out a slight laugh. "I'd like to see you try. But may I remind you that I am a very close friend of our Prince's sister-in-law?"
Falon looked at him. Her eyes pierced his. And, slowly, she let her grip loosen before her hand fell from his shoulder. I cannot do anything. I am powerless in this regard. He would only spend a day or two in a cell before Lady Rhaenyra heard...
Even if she was currently in King's Landing. She would hear it. And demand his release.
"Lets go." Falon said. She put away her weapon and looked at Oberyn as he comforted a crying Rena. The three of them turned around and began walking away from Zahid and his followers. "The night is dark and full of terrors..." He began,
Falon looked back and saw Rena's locket hanging from a burned plank. Engulfed by flames.
Zahid grinned at Falon.

"But the fire burns them all away."

Last edited:

Falon Of Norvos

Sunspear was quiet without The Martells. They would always bring so much life. Cayden would always go on long walks with Falon through the gardens. Nymeria would always be giggling away with her gaggle of handmaidens. Even the ‘brooding’ Lewyn would be making noise as he sparred away with some of Falon’s own underlings.
Falon sat, cross legged, in her office. Her eyes were closed. She was deep in-thought. However, she kept losing said thought as she was not alone. She shared the room with her underlings, and with Rena.
There was one person who never brought life to the castle…
Falon’s eyes opened. Rhaenyra Martell. Falon thought that instead of bring life to Sunspear, Rhaenyra took it away. She is a leech. Falon took a deep breath. When Cayden gets back, I will tell him of her… and her priest.
“They took my locket. My Mother’s locket.” Rena had spent the last few hours crying her womanly eyes out. Celso stood next to her and patted her back. Julen and Usoa stood at Falon’s war table, looking at a map of Sunspear and Dorne.
“We need to stop them. They’re like rats.” Usoa said, her eyes locked to the map.
“Every fourth night there are at least ten more of them.” Julen began, “I don’t think they can be stopped.”
“Kill the head of the snake!” Rena shouted, through tears.
“And who would that be?” Celso asked.
“Zahid, obviously. He is the one who brought that foul religion here in the first place.” Usoa said. Falon took another deep breath. “Not Zahid.” She spoke. Everyone looked at her. It was not often that Falon spoke to them. She was a woman of little to no words.
“Then who, Captain?” Usoa asked.
“Rhaenyra.” Falon said before taking another long breath. The silver haired lady had overstayed her welcome here in Dorne. Falon carefully got up off of the floor. She moved towards her writing desk, which held a jug of water. Falon poured herself a cup and drank it all in one gulp. No one spoke. All eyes were on her.
“I will speak with The Prince when he gets back from King’s Landing about her. Something is not… right.” Falon spoke softly. She looked at everyone in the room and then pointed at the door. “Dismissed.”
They all left, but Rena. She lingered by the door before turning and looking at Falon. “Thank you, my la- Falon. Thank you so much. I know we didn’t get my… my… my locket back. But, I thank you with all of my heart for at least trying.” Falon could see the tears forming in the girl’s eyes again. Falon didn’t respond, she only nodded. Rena left, quickly.
Falon felt ashamed. Ashamed that she could not save the locket in time. The locket was given to her by her mother, and I did nothing.
Falon thought. Mother. The name had little to no meaning to her. Falon’s own mother was frail, and Falon never treated her own...
She stopped. I must suppress such thoughts. She took another breath and pushed her ‘secret’ to the back of her mind.

A knock on the door interrupted her. She had been writing letters for the last half an hour. It was past midnight, so Falon hadn’t a clue who could of been calling at this hour. When she told them to “come in”, she learnt it was Oberyn. He still had a sullen look on his face, like he did earlier at the bonfire. Oberyn took a seat parallel to that of Falon. He huffed. Falon looked at him and then back at the paper in which she was writing on. They sat in silence for a near five minutes before Falon decided that she would have to actually instigate a conversation with her doting soldier. For once.
“What is it?”
Oberyn huffed. “I feel… wrong.”
“Wrong?”
“I feel as if I am living a lie.”
“How so?”
“I just do. I don’t want to be a warrior, serving my whole life here in these gods-forsaken halls. I want to explore. I want to- to live.”
Falon looked up at him.
“I want to see the world.” Oberyn began, “And witness its greatness. I want to meet new people, and try my hand at their cultures and traditions. I don’t want to…”
He stopped.
“I don’t want to die here, Captain.”
Falon eyed him up and then poured him a cup of water. “Be calm.” She said, “You are one of my greatest. You know that. The Prince’s guard would be invaluable without you, Oberyn.”
She stood up.
“But I will not hold you here against your will. You are a free man. Go as you please. Just… sleep on it. And inform me what you have decided to do before training tomorrow.”
Oberyn smiled at her. “Thank you, Captain. I will get back to you tomorrow morning. I promise you.” He left as swiftly as he came.
Falon knew what that felt like. To not belong. She knew the urge to explore new lands. That was the reason she came to Westeros. Or at least a reason.

Morning came.

Falon joined her soldiers as they ate breakfast. She sat at the same table she did everyday. It was decorated with bowls of fruit and nuts. With several plates holding different pieces of ham and sausage.
She looked around the hall. They were all so young. Usoa was still a thin girl, although she had toned up quite a bit in her last year of training. Julen had his nose in a book, and occasionally shouted obscenities at Paxter Sand and Small Io. Celso poured himself his first cup of wine of the day. Falon smirked to herself as she stuck a fork in a sausage and began eating it. She may of not talked to them very much, but she had a fondness for each one of them. They were her family. She began thinking about family again. About…
Falon shook her head, and chewed.

“HELP!” A shout came from outside the dining hall. The hall went quiet. Falon stood up and pointed at Kace Dalt and Usoa. The trio rushed out of the hall and into an orange brick corridor. Rena stood by a potted plant, covered in blood, a dead body by her side. There was a dagger in the body’s chest. Usoa, who had grabbed the knife she was using to cut black pudding with, seized Rena and threatened her. Falon put up her hand,
“Usoa. No.”
Usoa let the girl go. Rena was in tears. “She came at me with that dagger. She kept saying something about… purging- by the Gods, what have I done?” The girl collapsed by the potted plant and wept some more. Kace took off his lemon-dotted cape and placed it around her. Falon and Usoa both looked at the body. A woman, in her midlife. Well, not any more. She was wearing all red and had a long ruby necklace around her neck. A worshiper of The Lord of Light.
“She is one of Zahid’s.” Usoa spoke, “I have seen her before in the company of Lady Rhaenyra.” Falon made a fist. “Bring Zahid to my office as soon as you possibly can.” Falon spoke sternly.
Usoa nodded and returned to the hall to get a company of soldiers to help her with the task.
“Dalt,” Falon started.
“Yes, captain?” He responded.
“Take Rena somewhere to calm down.”
Kace nodded.
Falon leant in and whispered in his ear, “Question her. We are not ruling anything out.” I believe that Zahid is responsible behind this, but, I must be sure.
Kace nodded and picked up Rena.
Falon looked at the woman’s body once more. I do not know her face. Falon put her hand over the woman’s face and closed her eyes.
When Falon looked up from the body she saw three people in-front of her. They all wore red robes. “We will take her now. She must be burned.” The middle one said.
“You won’t be taking her.” Falon responded.
“We will. Zahid has asked for her."
Falon picked the dagger out of the body's chest and pointed it at the trio. “You don’t seem to understand. When I say something… I mean it. You will not be taking this body back to your pyre on the beach. You will not be taking this body back to your leader. I will not let you. I will not allow you. Now remove yourselves from my sight or there will be three more corpses dressed in red.”
Falon stared at the trio.
The one in the middle smiled and bowed. The other two joined. “As you insist m’lady.” The middle one said as the trio began to walk away.
Just as they did, however, one of the ones who did not talk turned back and spat on Falon.
Remain calm.
The trio disappeared around a corner of the corridor. Falon wiped the spit from her armour and let out a deep breath.

Last edited:

Falon Of Norvos
Oberyn was waiting in her office when she returned to it. “What happened?” He asked. Falon put the bloody dagger on her writing desk. “Who’s blood is that?” Oberyn asked. Falon had to take another breath. I need a chance to realise what is happening, or- what is about to happen.
“Rena was attacked by a red follower.”
Oberyn’s eyes grew. “What!?”
“Just now.” Falon began, “She fought her off and… killed her.”
Oberyn did not say one word.
“I ordered Usoa to bring him here as soon as she can.” Falon spoke. “I do not care if he is Rhaenyra Targaryen’s friend or not. He will be tried for this, and justice will be brought upon’st him.”
Oberyn looked at the bloody dagger.
“I talked with him last night.” He whispered, after a second or so. Falon walked towards the brazier by her war table and lit its coals.
“He is an interesting man, Captain.” Oberyn continued.
“He is dangerous.” Falon insisted.
The brazier came alight. The fire was high, and almost wild. Falon stood back. She had grown wary of fire as of late. Not that she wasn’t always wary of it. As a child, you are told to watch yourself as you sit around the flame. However, Falon had recently felt an uneasiness when she lingered around a brazier. As if the fire is alive.
“I know he is dangerous. But, he has some interesting things to say.” Oberyn said.
As if the fire is watching me.
“He has an eloquent way of putting things.”
Watching us.
Falon looked away from the fire and at Oberyn, who stood by her writing desk still. “His eloquence is a only a ploy. He uses his words to get inside the heads of the people around him. He should've gone to the capital with his Targaryen. He belongs there with the other ‘eloquent’ men who do nothing but talk and talk.”
Falon looked at the dagger on the desk, and then back at Oberyn. The room was quiet, besides the crackling brazier. “He made me doubt myself.” Oberyn began,
“My beliefs.”
Even though there was a fire by her back- Falon grew cold. Her eyes centered on the dagger once more. The blood on it was, now, almost dried. Falon felt her chest tighten. The room was quiet once more. She could barely hear the sound of the flaming brazier. “How long have you been talking with the priest, exactly?” She asked. Falon glanced at the brazier. Its fire was still going strong. Yet I cannot hear it?
Something is wrong.
“A few nights.” Oberyn revealed.
“How many nights?”
“Only eight.” He said, “Or… around that.”
Falon swallowed.
“He has made me realise that I am not meant to be here. In Dorne. I am not meant to be a lonely guard.” Oberyn said, “I am meant to be something greater.”
Falon opened her mouth,
“Oberyn. You are meant for greater things. However, none of those things involve The Lord Of Light. Do you understand? You mustn’t listen to that man. He is right about your greatness, but about nothing else.”
Falon looked at the dagger. Then back at Oberyn. The Dagger. Then Oberyn.​
A small crowd suddenly entered her office.
Usoa had arrived with Zahid in her tow. She was accompanied by Julen, Small Io, and Wylla. Zahid was accompanied by several of his followers- including the trio that Falon had encountered in the hallway earlier.
Seconds later, Kace Dalt entered with Rena. Falon looked at Oberyn once more before asking everyone to take a seat, if they could.
“What exactly is this?” The man who spat on Falon asked as Zahid and he took their seats.
“An inquiry.” Falon replied.
“Looks more like a small trial.” Another red follower said.
“Inquiries are generally small trials.” Usoa butted in.
The man who spat on Falon stood up. “We will not be tried. Not by a captain of guard. The Prince Of Dorne is the only one who is allowed to even question us on things we may or may not have even done.”
Zahid placed his hand on the man’s elbow. “Be calm, Arys.” He spoke, “Sit down. I for one believe it is time we had a chat with Lady Falon.” Zahid looked into Falon’s eyes and smiled, sweetly. I want to wipe that smile from his face. Falon walked over to her desk and sat down. Hopefully I will.​
“Shall we start?” Zahid asked.
“We shall.” Falon replied, with a nod. She picked up the dagger with her right hand and held it up so all could see.
“This dagger was used by your woman in red. Used to attack another woman. The same woman who was beaten and robbed by you yesterday evening.” Falon said.
“Your followers beat and robbed Rena, and then tried to have her murdered in these very halls.” Usoa spoke out. She sat on the desk in which Falon, herself, sat at.
“I most humbly resent that accusation.” Zahid said.
“I most humbly resent your resentment, priest.” Usoa said, louder.
Falon said, “Let him speak, Usoa.”
Falon was proud that Usoa had a voice and was not afraid to speak it. However, even though Falon was thoroughly convinced Zahid planned the attack- she wanted to let him say his piece. Out of fairness. Zahid stood up.
He looked around the room. Until his eyes laid themselves on Falon. “I would never harm anyone. Let alone a little maid. Whether you believe in my God, Seven Gods, Tree Gods, or Sea Gods. No harm will come to you from me. None whatsoever.” Zahid spoke,
“You people seem to think that we have this terrible intention of turning you away from your own God. To turn you away from your… ‘light’. But we don’t have such intentions. In fact, we are trying to push the good people of Dorne towards said light.”
He looked at Oberyn.
“Whether it is to encourage you in your gander for greatness.”
He looked at Rena.
“Or help you see the truth.”​

He looked back at Falon.
“We want to help you. That’s all we want to do. That’s all we have ever wanted to do, Lady Falon. We just want to he-”
“Enough of this horse shit! Did you or did you not try and kill Rena!?” Usoa shouted. Falon put her hand on Usoa’s back. Be calm. Zahid smiled. His smile turned into a laugh. Soon his followers were laughing as well.
Falon put the dagger down on the edge of the desk.
Zahid’s eyes teared up whilst he laughed. “I didn’t.” He said solemnly, as his laugh came to an end. “Rena was the one who organised this whole event.”
“W-What?” Rena stuttered. She stood by Kace Dalt. She was still draped in his lemon-dotted cloak. Zahid’s face was still, and serious. “Lady Falon; Rena was the culprit here. She came to our temple last night and taunted my followers and I. Threatened us that she would have her revenge, all because of the burning of her garment.”
“I did not! That is a lie!” Rena yelled.
“Captain, he is telling the truth.” Oberyn said to Falon. He was standing on her right. “Before I came to you last night. I was coming from the temple. I passed by Rena as I entered the castle grounds.”
“That’s a LIE!” Rena screamed.
Usoa looked at Oberyn, an eyebrow raised. “How can you be sure she was going to their temple, Oberyn?”
“I just know.” Oberyn replied.
“There is no evidence.” Usoa said.
“It’s all lies, m’lady.” Rena was on the verge of crying. Falon could tell. Zahid let out a small chuckle. “You threatened you’d murder us. And then you actually murder one of my best people the very next day. Yet there is no evidence?”
“LIES!” Rena hissed.
“Truths.” Arys, the spitter, spoke out.
“LIES! ALL LIES!” Rena screamed at the top of her lungs.
“You cannot hide behind your lies forever, my lady. Admit it, and let it be done.” Zahid started, “You saw us on the beach and you came and taunted us. We took your seven-pointed necklace to burn because you said vile things about us and our God. You came to our temple later that night, and still you taunted us. You are a spiteful little being. You cling to the memory of your whore mother and boast of how great she was because she gave you such a necklace.”
Rena cried. “Stop it!”
“It seems you have forgotten the amount of times your Seven left you alone, girl. When your mother came to wring your neck. When your father came home from the tavern- smelling of ale and looking for your body.”
“STOP IT!” Rena cried.
“Stop.” Usoa added in.
“You taunt us and taunt us and taunt us. Thinking you are an almighty and Godly woman. When you are not. You are a whore. You are scum. You are a murderer, and I will see you be brought to justice.” Zahid finished.
“STOP IT!” Rena roared. She pushed off of Kace’s cape and grabbed his sword from his hilt. Falon and Usoa both stood up. Rena ran at Zahid, sword in her hands, and lunged at him.​
She made a disgusting sound as the dagger went through the side of her neck.
Blood spilled from her lips.
Falon looked at her desk. The dagger was gone, and so was Oberyn. He held the dagger as it rested in Rena’s throat.
“Gods…” Julen gasped.
Rena collapsed to the ground and Oberyn pulled the dagger out.
“I thank you.” Zahid said to Oberyn.
Falon blinked. The room went quiet again. She looked at Oberyn and the dagger, and then Zahid and his smile, and then the brazier’s fire that was higher than ever.
Then at Rena’s corpse.
That poor, poor girl.
Usoa placed a sword up to Oberyn’s own neck. “Drop it.” She said. Falon stared at the fire. She was almost paralysed in its gaze. She could not move once inch.
“Us-” Oberyn began,
“Drop it!” Usoa shouted.
Oberyn, who still held the dagger as it laid in Rena’s neck, pulled it out. It had a fresh coat of blood. Falon felt ill. She had seen many a person die, but…
Oberyn placed the dagger on the ground, by the body. “There.” He said.
Falon looked at Rena, once more.
Her hand was gently touching her neck as it flowed red. Her hand was making a pattern. Her fingers were tracing her neck as if she still wore the necklace her mother had given her. This went on for a few seconds, before she stopped moving completely.
“I am glad we settled this.” Arys, the spitter, spoke.
“Shut your mouth. You all should be taken to the cells as we speak!” Usoa said loudly. “On what pretenses?” Oberyn asked. “They didn’t hurt anyone. I did.”
Oberyn put his hands in-front of him, as if he was about to be bound and sent to the gaoler. Usoa looked at Falon for a helping hand. Falon didn’t know what to do. She could watch and listen. She watched as Zahid smiled, and she listened to the brazier’s blaze sizzle.
Her head pounded.
“Captain?” Usoa called out.
She could barely hear her. She could only hear the fire.
“Shall we go?” Zahid asked his followers. They all nodded in unison and they began to make their way out of the office.
“Stop! You aren’t going anywhere just yet.” Usoa announced. Julen, Kace, Small Io, and Wylla all drew their weapons and pointed them at the reds. They ignored the swords, however, and marched out still. “Stop!” Usoa shouted. “Captain, tell them.”
Falon looked at the fire.
“Captain?” Usoa called out, again.
Falon’s eyes closed and she slid onto the floor. Her body was shivering. All she could see was blackness.
“Quick, help me with her!” She could hear Usoa order.
Falon tried opening her eyes, but she could not. The night is dark.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread