• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dormitories and Dragons 1X1 Closed

SparkleBreaker

♥ Pineapple Queen ♥
C3406057-1468516607907006large.jpg
Classes for the new semester would begin tomorrow. Holiday had just ended and the hall was booming with voices from the returning students. The occasional, cheering that was followed with laughter could be heard as the boys were performing stupid stunts that could end them up in the hospital. It was all taking place at the welcome back party, four rooms down and across the hall. The dorm, for the most part, blocked out a lot of the noise and what it didn’t Riley was drowning out with large headphones that covered her ears like earmuffs.

“Riles!” A fellow classmate came in yelling, waving arms to get the brunette’s attention. The dorm was sort of divided down the center as the two college students’ personalities meet in the middle and the décor showed it. So far, the two of them were getting along great and it was making the college experience great.

“What?” One muff of the head phones was slid off her ear to hear what the other had to say. Netflix was playing on her tablet and she could hear the episode go on without her as the other was urging her to join the party. “I have pizza coming.” she replied, frowning. Partying was fun and all, but she knew better than to do it on an empty stomach. “After.” she promised, adjusting her headphones to show that it wasn’t really up for discussion at this point.

Riley was interested in seeing her roommate also. The room was empty when she arrived back, little over an hour ago and she figured that she’d see her elusive friend shortly. Until then, she was fine with some alone time and enjoying some greasy food, whenever that arrived.

Tousled silver-white bangs obscured Kiki’s eyes as half sprinted down the dormitory hall, smashed into place by the vivid pink hood of a zip-up Fox Racing sweatshirt. Dodging through the mass of bodies scampering about the narrow hall was literal hit and miss – Kiki apologized sloppily through a mouthful of a breakfast burrito she’d only just bought from the dining hall, but rocketed onward. High-top purple and white checkerboard Converse shoes squeaked abruptly as the slight girl ploughed to a top in front of the door to her dorm room.

Keeping up social appearances was tough when you were a closet bookworm – holidays had only just ended and already Kiki had spent half the day in the library studying. New classes hadn’t even started, yet, but she had wanted to make sure she was at least a few chapters in to her Botany textbook before she set off for fun. Only halfway down the hall to her room she’d heard about some party or another that was going on that evening…a welcome back bash…and it had set an excited fire blazing in her. The first party of the new semester.

Hammering noisily on the door to her own room, Kiki slipped inside. The last bite of the burrito disappeared with thick chewing sounds as she waved a greeting to her roommate. Plopping herself down on her bed, the blonde shot an enthusiastic smile at Riley. Propped up atop a violently lime-green comforter, nestled amid an unmatched horror of pink, black, and gold pillows, Kiki clapped her hands.

“Soooo!” Kiki’s voice was chipper – high but pleasant enough to listen to. “You hitting up this party, later, or do I gotta go stag?”

tumblr_mdmc7kIXpa1ryg2x2o1_500.gif

The episode she was immersed in had all her attention. The knock that was to alert her of her roommate’s presence went on unnoticed. Not till the door swung open was she aware Kiki was back. A smile grew and the headphones were slipped off and tossed to the side of the bed.

“Heeey!” she responded, clicking pause on the show and turning it off. Arching her back, she stretched and yawned before leaning up against the wall next to her bed, her undivided attention on her roommate. Everyone was going on about that darn party, better be a good one with all the hype. “Pizza first!” she stated firmly, her mouthwatering for the pizza that should be arriving any moment. “My mother has become a huge health nut while I’ve been away and was force feeding tofu burgers with kale chips. Along with other healthy foods that taste horrible. I’ve been dreaming of stuffing my face with one of these cheesy pies since before my plane landed.” Riley imitated her stuffing her face as she spoke, giggling lightly at the end.

“Soon as the pizza arrives, we’re off.” she concluded after her little rant on all the healthy eating she had to do. “What should I wear?” she asked, smiling. Two weeks felt like a long time and there was soo much to catch up on. “How was your holiday?” she asked, her nose deep in her clothes as she dug through her wardrobe to find the right outfit.

Pursing her lips, Kiki plopped herself back against the mountain of multi-colored pillows. How was her holiday? As entertaining as recounting the break would have been, the platinum-blonde urchin held her tongue. She didn't know what her favorite part had been - visiting her criminal mother in prison or sleeping on the fold out couch at her 'aunt' Monique's one bedroom apartment. Really, all the holidays meant for Kiki was that she had to leave the comfort of a dorm room to go half-hungry and watch re-runs on HBO. Instead of regaling Riley with the tale, Kiki raised both oencil thin brows and shrugged.

"'Bout the same as always." Pushing back the vivid pink hood of her sweatshirt, Kiki scrubbed a hand through her short, messy hair. Rather a tom-boy, she had no intention on changing.

"Just close your eyes and grab something. Odd are, somebody'll spill a drink on you, anyway. Or puke." Kiki offered a lopsided sort of smile and hopped down off of her bed, moving to the closet to help her roommate peruse.

The vague answer didn’t really raise any red flags and the search for a cute outfit was still on. Kiki’s comment made Riley’s face wrinkle in disgust as she turned to gape at her friend. Someone spilling their drink on her was high, but vomiting? A possibility, sure, but none they should be talking about.

“Ew, Kiki!” she exclaimed, nudging her friend in the arm as she went back to her drawers of clothing. “That is just something you don’t speak of. It is bad luck. Now it is bound to happen for sure.” A pair of jeans, that made her butt look fabulous was pulled out and placed on the top of the dresser. “Imagine how silly I’ll look in front of Aaron covered in vomit.” Aaron was her ultimate crush. Though, he doesn’t even know she exists. Not from her lack trying though, she even went as far as baking his favorite cookies to impress him once.

“Pizza Delivery!” A male was pounding on the other side of the door as he hollered to get their attention. “Looking for a Riley Thesen. Some chick said you were in here.” A squeal escaped as she bounced over to the door and opened it, revealing a younger man, around their age, hanging in their door way with a pizza.

“Thanks!”

“Riley you better show up to the party now!” Rolling her eyes at her peer, she flipped her off quickly. The pizza didn’t last long in the deliverer’s hand. Riley snatched it up.

“The tip was already included. Bye.” she said sweetly, giving a small wave before kicking the door shut. “Do you smell this deliciousness?” Riley was big eyed, like she had just gotten her fix. The pizza box was opened and a meat lover’s pizza was sitting perfectly inside. “Help yourself” she pointed to the pizza as her own slice slid into her mouth.

“Silly is one way of putting it…” Kiki trailed off impishly, sliding her cell phone out of the back pocket of her dark denim skinny jeans.

Momentarily distracted as the pizza came to the door, Kiki shook her platinum locks. After sprinting across the quad and hammering a burrito into her gut, the teen wasn’t sure putting something else coated in grease in the mix. That El Monteray Bean’n’Cheese wasn’t exactly sitting pretty. Too much excitement? In any case, it would be better to rely on what she already had to soak up an evening of liquor and whatever-else and not push her luck.

After all the other students shouting into their dorm room, Kiki raised a thin, white brow. Sticking out her tongue, she shoved her phone back into her pocket. “Aaron’s bound to notice you, ya’ know. You’ve just got to get his attention. Something…flashy.” Kiki made a vague ‘jazz hands’ wave.

“I could be twirling around naked and I don’t think that man would look in my direction. . .” she sighed softly, looking through her clothes with her free hand and chomping down on her pizza in the other hand. Riley still took her roommates advice and looked for something flashy that would catch somebody’s eye. The perfect top came to mind.

“What of this?” she asked, putting down her slice of pizza. The grease on her hand was wiped on her jeans before she picked up the dark navy blue top that shimmered with dark blue sequence and had a sexy draped back and a v neck to show off plenty of cleavage. “Might as well show off my girls.”

Her back turned to her roommate, Riley started stripping out of her current clothes and the ones she planned to wear to the party. The fact that there was little to no privacy bothered her no longer. Someone was bound to see her change unless she traveled to the bathroom with showers, even then someone always lacked patience and threw open the curtain when she was in the middle of changing. The perfect bra was already on for the shirt as she was wearing one of those adhesive bras. So she was in her new outfit in a matter of seconds.

“Tada! Transformation is complete.” Riley gave a little twirl and did some Jazz hands as she showed off the outfit. “Ready to get this party started?” she said devilishly with a grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back