• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don’t Tell Me to Calm Down

She frowned, moving to stand behind him, massaging his shoulders gently, "Do what you like." She muttered, going upstairs to get changed into comfy clothes having been about to start winding down for the evening anyway.

Carmen had tried to call Eddie again several times but it kept going through to voicemail and it was starting to worry her, waiting til they would be finished with the show and called Jamie instead "Hey, hope it all went well.... Did Ed go on? Is he there by chance?" She asked him quietly.

He thanked her repeatedly and hung up when he was told to, heading back to his cell once recess was over, laying back on the bunk and just thinking about his girls, worrying about what, if anything, was even gonna be waiting for him on the other side of all of this

Jamie frowned deeply as he got the call from Carmen and gave a heavy sigh. He shook his head a bit and finally answered "He tried, but he just couldn't do it....I uh...I'm pretty sure he is at an old friends house. I think he just needed a quiet place to calm down not here at a venue." He explained quietly to her "I'm sure he is okay."

Max woke up the nurses checking her over the next morning. She groaned softly and held her head a bit "What can I have to eat?" She asked them quietly

She nodded and frowned. “Thanks Jamie. Let him know to call if you see him please.” She mumbled

Lizzie smiled at her and for the bed sat up. “Soon as they bring breakfast in whatever there is.” She told her. “Your husband called last night. Been calling every day to find out if you’ve woken up yet.” She told her. “He’s gonna call later today to talk to you.” She told her.

Eddie sat at the house flying at that point from the special K. He couldn't stay in his head any longer, he needed to get away from it all and the temptation had become too much for him.

Max gave a small nod and sighed softly "Thank you. I uh....I'm unsure if I should talk with him." she admits before giving a heavy sigh.

Vanessa had taken her shower, got changed and finally headed back down to check on Eddie and try to see if she could get him to at least call Carmen to talk him down a little but frowned when she found him on the living room floor, crouching next to him and gently nudging him, "Hey, you okay? Ed where's your phone?" She asked him slowly and claearly

She smiled a little and shrugged "Not that you asked for my opinion but I'm gonna give it to you. I see women in here for all sorts of reasons and I see men in here for all sorts of reasons. Wives of the men come in almost daily. A lot of husbands either never come in, or some even leave their spouses when they get sick or seriously injured... He was in here every day with your daughter before he went inside.... You got a good one." She told her, making notes on her chart and refilled her cup of water before turning for the door "Call button is there if you need anything, they should be able to move you down to the recovery ward by the end of the day then start to get you ready to go home by the end of this week,"

Eddie groaned softly and pointed to the coffee table "Table.." he slurred before closing his eyes "I miss her....why did she have to go?" he muttered as he watched her.

Max gave a small nod and thanked her repeatedly before she left. Later that day she took a shaky breath seeing Lizzie come in holding a phone "Is that my husband?" she asked quietly taking the phone when she nodded "Thank you." she whispered before putting the phone to her ear "Clay?"

He couldn’t help the sign of relief that came out of him when he heard her voice for the first time in so long, having to push back the tears for now. “Hey beautiful. Oh it’s good to hear your voice. How you feeling?” He asked her quietly.

She frowned and got sat down up against her couch, moving him to be laying on his side a bit more. “Cause shit happens to good people.” She told him quietly. “She was a good kid Ed.” She smiled. “Got all her looks from her mom too.” She glanced over at the stuff on the table, frowning a little and moved again to look through it. “Eddie did you take all of it?” She asked him, already about to get 911 on the phone.

Max gave a small frown as she listened to him but couldn't help but feel a little relaxed hearing his voice "I feel like I've been hit by a semi....Clay...Clay I know who shot me. I saw their faces." She said quietly as she started to cry a bit "What if they come back?"

Eddie gave a small nod and frowned deeply when she asked how much he had taken. He glanced at the bag and went to answer but all that came out were slurs and soon his eyes had started to roll back.

She frowned and quickly moved him to get him on his side, staying close enough to keep an eye on him while she called emergency services on his phone and then Jamie on hers, too scared to call Carmen and get chewed out. “Jamie, hey, I got a problem here. Ed’s at my place. Nothing happened between us but he’s not doing so good. He’s ODing on my living room floor. An ambulance is coming now.” She told him, wincing as he started to yell at her.

He frowned and pressed the phone to his ear a little more. “Talk to Jack. Tell Jack cause I can’t be hearing that stuff right now… they’re not gonna hurt you though. It’s why I didn’t make the deal.” He told her as quietly as possible. “It’s gonna be okay. I’m gonna be home before you know it. They’re already working on an appeal.” He told her quietly.

Jamie frowned deeply when he heard Vanessa's voice and shook his head "And why the fuck would you even give him shit?! He is recovering goddamn it!" He yelled down the line before runing a hand over his face "Tell me the hospital and I'll deal with Carmen."

Max frowned deeply and gave a small nod "How are you?" She asked quietly letting a hand fall towards her stomach "You ready to welcome another baby?" She asked taking a shaky breath as she tried to keep calm.

“He looked like he could use a way out of his head for a little while. Didn’t think he was gonna take all of it.” She muttered. “He asked me for it. I didn’t just tell him to take it.” She muttered, telling him where they would be taking Eddie once the paramedics arrived and told her but then frowned as he hung up on her.

Carmen groaned a little as the phone woke her up, turning her bedside light on and rubbed at her face a little. “Hello? Ed?” She mumbled having not looked at the caller ID.

He frowned and ran a hand over his face. “You know I’ve been ready for that for a while.” He mumbled “I’m alright babe. Getting by, staying in my lane so I can get home soon as possible.” He told her. “Give her kisses from me.” He told her knowing she would understand he meant lilah but saying names around other inmates wasn’t always the safest. “I love you. They’re telling me to wrap it up but I’ll call when I can.” He told her

Jamie gave a heavy sigh as Carmen answered and shook his head some "Afraid its just me love. I'm sorry to wake you so late." He said gently before giving another sigh "I found Ed....he uh...he's currently heading to the hospital because of an OD.."

Max frowned a bit but nodded some "I love you too...they may send me home soon, next time you call I should know for sure." She said softly before hanging up the phone with him.

She tensed but nodded, already getting out of bed and grabbing a bag “Alright. Can you text me the details of where he is? I’ll be there by the morning. And Jamie… I’m sorry you gotta be dealing with this. I know you guys are like brothers but I’m sure Jess could do with your attention as well.” She sighed quietly, grabbing the house phone and dialling her mothers number reluctantly.

He sighed quietly as he hung up, heading back out to the canteen with everyone else, just thinking about how he was gonna get out as soon as possible, not noticing one of their allies heading over to him.

Jamie gave a heavy sigh "It's alright, I'll see you tomorrow." He murmured before hanging up the phone.

Her mother answered the phone and frowned some "Carmen? Why are you calling so late, you okay?" She asked quietly

Jax sat down across from Clay as he got into the canteen watching around them for a moment "Heard they're working on your appeal." He said quietly

Clay frowned, just nodding in response knowing better than to actually discuss an ongoing case or appeal with anyone. “What do you need?” He asked him.

She frowned as she double checked she had everything she would need. “I need you to come over and watch the kids. I gotta go down to Nashville. Ed’s had an accident. I don’t know if he’s alright or not.” She told her quickly. “Don’t bother doing your makeup. The kids don’t care mom I just need you here so I can leave and drive down there.” She told her quickly.

Jax gave a heavy sigh "Need you to get a message out to Galindo, know some of your guys have connections. Just give them these directions, all we need." He explained knowing he was trying to stay as straight as he could inside. He understood the dilemma having dealt with it himself before with his old lady.

Her mother sighed heavily "I haven't got time to do my face." She muttered before giving a small huff "I told you that boy was no good the first time I met him Carmen...and I don't know why you keep going back. I'll be there in 15 minutes." She muttered before hanging up the phone.

She frowned and just chucked her phone in her bag, taking everything downstairs to the front door, leaving the moment her mom arrived and texted Jamie to let him know she would be there in about five hours.

He frowned but nodded. “Alright. I’ll arrange a visit. But I’m not doing a load of favours for people. I’m not jeopardising getting out early.” He told him serioisly

Jax put his hands up in defense and gave a small nod "Thats why I only ask for this, you got no clue whats going on. Won't jeopardize anything for you." He said before reaching his hand out to shake.

Eddie groaned as he started to wake up the next morning not remembering anything after showing up at Vanessa's house. He looked around some and gulped seeing Carmen asleep in the chair beside him.

She’d fallen asleep the moment they’d let her into the room, not comfortable but beyond exhausted so she didn’t care, only starting to wake up when she heard the hallway noises starting to pick up some, glancing over at Eddie and sighing quietly. “How you feeling?” She asked him, reaching for his hand.

He just nodded again and shook his hand. “I’ll get it sorted.” He assured him, finishing his food and heading back to his cell. For now enjoying having the room to himself instead of sharing but he was sure it wouldn’t be long before that was the case.

Eddie looked over at Carmen when he heard her voice later that morning and frowned deeply. He gave her hand a small squeeze and sighed "Like complete shit..." he muttered truthfully to her.

Max smiled widely when she got a visit from Lilah and Jack later on that day. She cuddled her daughter close and listened to her ramble for ages about everything she had been up to before finally starting to drift off for a nap. "I spoke to Clay earlier this morning, he told me to talk with you about my concerns." She said before giving a heavy sigh "I'm scared Jack....you all say its taken care of, but what if someone comes back? What if they target Lilah next? What did Clay do to them?" She asked him all of her questions just coming out at once.

She nodded and moved to sit on the edge of the bed after she got it sat up, kissing his temple. “I’m right here Ed.” She promised him, holding him close tightly.

Jack sighed quietly and shook his head “it’s sorted max. They wouldn’t listen to him is what happened. His deal didn’t have anything to do with them but they assumed it did.” He muttered.

Eddie relaxed slightly into her and took a deep breath "I'm sorry....I just....I was weak. I was too much in my head and I made a mistake." He whispered to her. He knew no excuse would help the matter, but what he was saying was the truth. He was beating himself up for this slip up.

Max frowned deeply but gave a small nod and sighed heavily "Right....listen could you just....just come check up every now and again?" She asked quietly wanting to have the trust in everything, but she knew the men they worked for were crazy to say the least.

She frowned and shook her head. “You weren’t weak baby, you were hurting and desperate.” She murmured, kissing his head again, tying his hair back to get it out of the way. “I love you. Im not going anywhere Ed.”

He nodded and sighed a little. “I will do.” He promised. “Charlotte will always be asking for play dates with Lilah.”

Max gave a small smile and nodded some "I'm hoping this pregnancy will be as easy as Lilah's was...lord knows I do not need a hard one right now." She said with a small laugh.

Eddie hid his face in her neck but gave a small nod "I love you so much Carmen." He said quietly while playing with her fingers "I think....I think I need to stop going on tour....it just makes things worse."

She frowned and watched him. “Or maybe smaller ones at least. I know you. I know how bad your cabin fever gets when you don’t have a tour to go on. But maybe it’s time to start doing smaller segments, Jamie mentioned the same thing recently you know. He wants to start slowing down.” She mumbled,

He nodded and smiled. “If you wanna go see clay at any point, let me know. I’ll get it all arranged so it’s really safe for both of you.” He promised her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back