• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don’t Tell Me to Calm Down

Jack frowned as he had got up there to find his siblings gs staring into the room, hearing them arguing and just frowned, guiding the other three to hang out in his room, hearing the front door slam and turned the music up so they didn’t have to hear Carmen crying.

He groaned quietly and just nodded, sitting back once it was done and rubbed at his face a little. “I need to try and go into the office today…. What are your plans … with Mila?” He asked her quietly

Lucas frowned as he looked to his brother shaking his head some "Why can't....why can't they both just say sorry and move past this? Why can't they just stop fighting?" He asked before wiping his eyes quickly

Max frowned some and shook her head a bit "I think it best you stay here my love. We had only plans of possibly going to the park; but I will stay here with you."

He frowned shaking his head. “Moms got nothing to be sorry for. She’s only ever done her best for all of us. You know after the divorce she had to keeeo reminding him to pay the child support. Dad might love us but he’s not good at this stuff… and this is the first time I’ve ever even heard him apologise.” He told him.

He frowned, shaking his head. “I have work that needs finishing. It has to be done there.” He muttered, trying to stand up to go back to bed for a while though.

Lucas gave a small nod and sighed heavily "I just wish they'd stop fighting. I'm tried of seeing mom crying all the time because of it." He said watching his brother some "Maybe he was right...maybe he shouldn't have come back."

Max gave a small nod and sighed heavily "Can someone drive you atleast?" She asked while helping him back to bed.

He frowned and shook his head. “He’ll probably go home affer the funeral.” He muttered, hearing the doorbell go but just trying to cheer up his sjbljngs

Carmen composed herself as much as she could and headed down there, frowning when Rob was stood on the other side. “What are you doing here?” She asked him quietly but smiled a little when he held up a bag of snacks.

He just nodded, laying down and having Mila curl up close to him, smiling a little as he cuddled her “You know your cuddles are almost as good as your mothers.” He told her. “Making me feel better sweetheart.”

Rob gave Carmen a saddened smile and hled up a bag of some of her favorite treats "I uh....I heard about Tilly. Thought you might like a bit of company." He said quietly stepping inside once she let him. He placed the snacks on the table and soon pulled her into a hug "I am so sorry Carmen." He whispered gently to her.

Mila smiled softly and placed her dragon on his chest while she cuddled him "Dragon make you feel better too." She said sweetly. Watching as her mom came to lay with them as well "Mommy, my cuddles make Kepa feel better."

She frowned before feeling tears well up again, holding onto him and crying into his shirt. “She’s 15. I’m not gonna get her a prom dress or see her graduate or college.,. It’s not fair.” She told him quietly. “Eddie came back into town but all we’re doing is fighting and it’s not good for the kids right now…. It’s just a mess.” She vented.

He smiled tiredly and reached for maxs hand. “Mmm you are my little dragon.” He told her, gently brushing her hair out of her face.

Rob held her close to him and gave a heavy sigh "I know things are difficult right now, but I'm here for you. All of you." He said genuinely.

Max gave a small smile watching as their daughter giggled happily as she stayed close to her dad. It wasn't until around lunch that Daemon had to leave for the office and Max recieved a phone call from a very upset Otto Hightower.

Carmen frowned some and thanked him quietly, about to ask if he wanted a drink when the front door slammed open again and she saw Eddie come through to grab his bags, frowning some. “Could you not break my front door please.”

“Tell me Maxine why is daemon still alive? I gave you enough to kill him and it’s not done yet. Are we getting cold feet? Would you feel good about choosing him over your own daughter?” He questioned her.

Eddie frowned deeply as he came back into the room glaring at the man who was now holding Carmen. He looked at Carmen and shook his head some "You fucking kidding me? Who is this?" He asked keeping his voice low but serious.

Max frowned deeply and moved to be outside of the room where Mila played. She took a deep breath and shook her head some "Its starting to work....it just took longer than expected." She explained

She frowned when he just ignored her request. “This is Rob. He came over to give his condolences.” She told him. “Rob this is Eddie.” She muttered, “If you wanted to come say goodbye to her the funeral is on Saturday.” She told Rob. He’d gotten on with all the kids but Tilly had been the nicest to him. She’d been the one to tell him he should marry her.

“Don’t lie to me. It’s taking too long. You got a month. If he’s not dead by then I’m coming for hee and I won’t stop until I’m done.” He warned her.

Eddie frowned deeply watching as Rob hugged her tightly and said goodbye but that he would see her later. He shook his head some before storming off to grab his bags.

Max frowned deeply and took a shaky breath "Right...I'll get it done." She said quietly before lettting a few tears hearing the line cut.

She saw him off and went to see what snacks he’d brought to give to the kids, about to call for them when she heard eddie behind her. “Where are you staying? So I know for the kids?” She asked him quietly, frowning though when she thrned to look at him and saw the glare.

Daemon had been at the office for an hour, about to go send some people off for different jobs when he felt a pain go through him, walking down the hallway, having to lean on the wall quickly to stop from hitting the floor but even then he soon slid to lay down, wrapping his arms around himself

Eddie came back out and glared at her as he listened to her "Why was he here? You two back together now?" He questioned her.

His secretary came down the hall from her break and gasped seeing him on the ground "Mr.Targaryen, do you need a doctor?!" She asked seeing the pained look on his face.

She frowned and shook her head. “He came by to give his condolences. And he bought me some snacks. I told you before he’s a real decent guy. Either way even if I was it’s none of your business.” She told him. “Eddie please just go.” She told him quietly. “You’re gonna scare the kids otherwise and I know you love them. I don’t want them thinknf any different of you so just go.”

He barely managed a groan of agony until someone got him a bucket and it wasn’t long until he was throwing up again, getting so dehydrated and now there was blood coming up too.

Eddie shook his head taking a deep breath "You're trying to push me out aren't you? I'm not talking about now, but this whole time...you've been trying to haven't you?" He said in a heart broken tone before grabbing his bags and leaving before she could even answer.

Max frowned deeply when she recieved a call from his secretary hearing that he had been puking blood and was being taken to a hospital. She quickly got Mila ready and rushed up there asking for his room as soon as she got in.

She frowned and watched him walk out, sighing heavily then went to take the snacks up to jacks room knowing all of them were in there. “Hey guys, Rob stopped by to give his sympathy about Tilly. But he brought over some snacks and I figured all of you could do with a little treat.” She told them, holding Lucas close when he immediately attached himself to her.

He was laid up looking out of it and in pain still. They’d given him painkillers but they’d had very little effect and he was seriously dehydrated from all of it. On top of it whatever Otto had given her to tube to daemon they couldn’t find it in the blood tests they’d done.

Lucas ran over straight to his mother and hugged her tightly "Is Rob coming back?" He asked quietly. He had liked Rob, and had always felt it was his fault that he left them.

Max frowned deeply letting a few tears fall as they got into the room "Oh my love...they told me what happened." She said quietly taking his hand in hers while Mila tried to scramble onto the bed.

She shook her head while she smoothed his hair back. “No baby, he’s not coming back. But he does still care. We talked about this though Lucas. It wasn’t your fault. Five step kids was a really really big ask of him and he decided it was too much… it wasn’t anyone’s fault. Sometimes these things just don’t work out.” She told them all “Your father has gone to get a hotel…. Listen… I understand it’s hard the way he comes and goes all the time but he is your father. And he loves all of you very very much. You gotta cut him some slack.” She told them.

He just frowned and gave her hand a squeeze, trying to hold Mila close. “I think… I think someone’s trying to poison me.” He told her quietly, still completely unaware that it would be her.

Lucas frowned deeply and shook his head some "Why should we mom? He is always making you upset..." he said as he looked up at her "We don't like hearing you guys yelling constantly."

Max frowned deeply and took a shaky breath "Poison? How? Who?" She said sounding deeply concerned about it all. She was scared and her heart was breaking seeing him like that, but when she saw Mila she remembered why she had been doing this.

He groaned quietly and shook his head. “Getting sick like this. I don’t know who and I don’t know how.” He grunted.

She sighed a little. “Lucas…. It doesn’t matter much how your father and I are… what matters is that he tries his best with you guys and he needs a helpinf
Hand with it sometimes. I’m well aware how you behaved while I was otherwise occupied.” She pointed out. “So just be nice. Please.”

Max frowned deeper and gave a small nod "Maybe...maybe they could run some tests on different poisons? Give you an antidote?" She said quietly

Lucas gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "Yes ma'am." He murmured before letting go to grab some snacks before the others ate them all "Can you stay in here with us mom? We're about to watch a movie."

She frowned but nodded. “I can do that sweetheart.” She murmured, laying down on the bed between all four of them but was soon asleep just a few minutes in.

He frowned and shrugged. “Don’t worry about it right now. Mere.” He smiled and reached for her to sit with them on the bed.

It wasn't until that Saturday that they heard anything from Eddie. Jamie had gone to the funeral to pay his respects knowing that Eddie wasn't going to make it. He'd gone down a downward spiral yet again and he wanted to tell Carmen about it as well.

Max moved to lay with him and gave a small smile. She kissed his cheek gently and cuddled up close to him "I love you Daemon" she whispered

The whole ordeal had gone as smoothly as she could hope for except for one detail which was obvious to everyone attending the funeral. Eddie hadn’t come. She sent the kids to go get some food from the buffet and to go sit down, sending Jack a text to see how he was doing and finally looked up hearing a familiar English accent. “Jamie! You made it.” She smiled a little, hugging him tightly.

He hummed quietly and traced patterns on her hand. “I love you too. I’ll be alright love.” He murmured, resting his head back. “Have you decided on what school you want to send her to?” He asked her quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back