• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don’t Tell Me to Calm Down

Max looked over and smiled a bit "She is in the lounge playing and watching TV. I've got the monitor." She said showing him the baby monitor. As he sat down she went to get Mila as well sitting her down to eat. She smiked happily as she looked around the table "Our little family." She said quietly giving his hand a squeeze.

Eddie looked over at the twins as they came down shaking his head some "No we have food on the way. Once you eat actual dinner you can have some ice cream " he said sternly to them.

Maya stamped her foot and frowned at him. “We want ice cream!” She yelled at him, Grace already going to the freezer to get it out while his phone started ringing and the dog was barking at Eddie when he went to tell them off and chaos just started erupting from that point all the way until the following week when Carmen was finally being allowed out of the station, stepping out into the fresh air and seeing Eddie waiting for her looking like shit. “Thank you for posting bail.” She told him quietly, getting into her car with him.

He smiled and nodded “finally as it should be my love.” He smiled at her, helping Mila cut her food up and once dinner was over took her up to bed himself, getting her in her pjs and helping her brush her teeth, even reading her a story she picked out from her bag, spending most of it feeling more than a little emotional about it all

Eddie looked up at Carmen as she came out and gave a small nod "Yeah don't mention it. I got the car fixed up as well. Not as hard to get it turned over." He said before giving a heavy sigh "Kid will be happy you're home. They hate me.: he muttered before he started driving them home.

Max smiled softly as he came back into their room once Mila was awake. She gave a soft frown seeing him wiping at his face and got up going over to him "Whats wrong my love?" She asked softly as she cupped his face in her hands.

He frowned and just held her arms gently. “I’ve missed so much already. I have a daughter that I never knew about. They were happy to let you both suffer for my mistakes as well.” He mumbled.

She frowned and shook her head. “Ed they don’t hate you. They barely know you the younger ones. To them you’re a cool dad who comes by every few months to give them presents and take them out on fun days out. Jack and Tilly are the only two who got to know you before the fame… you can’t expect them to suddenly listen to you as a parent when you’ve never bothered parenting them before.” She muttered a little sick of him always having a poor me rhetoric every time he came home to see them.

Max held onto him and gave a small nod hidi g her face in his chest. "They wanted to take her away from me all together...send me off once I had her. Once they saw she wasn't silver haired they gave up, outcasted us in a sense." She explained quietly to him.

Eddie frowned deeply as he listened to her shaking his head some as he gripped the steering wheel tighter "Not like you fucking gave me the chance to get to know them." He muttered

She tensed and turned around to face him. “Excuse me?! I gave you every chance to see the kids even after I kicked you out. I’m sorry I didn’t want them growing up seeing you high as a kite all the time! Don’t you dare come back here and pretend you’ve been outcast. You chose this life Eddie. You insisted that you had to get out of here and follow the music! You told me that you there was nothing keeping you here anyway.”

He sighed quietly and rubbed her back. “They will pay for what they have done to us. I swear this to you.” He murmured. “Otto especially.”

Eddie frowned more as he listened to her but said nothing more. He knew she was right, but he didn't want to admit his fuck ups of the past. He gave a heavy sigh and got out following her up to the front door "Everything is set up for Tilly....its this weekend." He explained quietly

Max frowned deeply tensing some at the mention of Otto's name. She held him like that for a bit before soon letting him go "Come shower with me?"

She frowned and paused, turning to face him. “I had dreams too you know. But then we fucked in your van and made a child. So I put my shit to the side so that I could raise that child well. And then we had four more and I put my dreams in the ground. But I’ve done a damn good job raising five kids on my own Ed even if it was far from what I wanted in life.” She muttered, going inside and going to lay down.

He nodded and smiled, stripping as he headed towards the bathroom with her and soon stepped under the hot water letting it intense his muscles.

Eddie frowned even more as he listened to her and gave a heavy sigh. He opted to stay outside and have a smoke for the time being. He had a lot to think about and knew he needed to make some drastic decisions soon.

Max smiled softly as she stood under the hot water with him letting it relax her muscles. She turned around to let the water hit her back but frowned softly as she felt him trace the scars that were there.

Jack went to go join him having not had any time with his dad at all yet on top of still Ben g in shock from the crash. “Mom looks pissed off.” He smiled some, sitting on the step next to him.

He frowned as he noticed them not saying anything for a minute until she did t offer up an explanation. “What happened?” He asked her quietly, grabbing the small loofa and loading it up with body wash.

Eddie gave a small laugh and nodded some before outting out his cigarette "Seems to be the only thing I'm good at these days." He said before giving a heavy sigh "How are you doing Bud? I know its kind of a loaded question, but honestly, you okay?"

Max frowned some and sighed heavily "A job gone wrong....got caught in the crossfire." She said quietly as she let him wash her off "One of the few times I believe Otto planned to take me out."

He frowned and shrugged. “Everything still hurts. Lucas keeps trying to make me laugh cause he thinks it’s funny seeing me in pain from my ribs…. I saw her in the road dad. She went… she went through my windshield and she was… she was all broken.. I can’t get it out of my head.” He muttered, rubbing at his face. “I don’t wanna go on Saturday but then moms gonna wanna know why and I can’t tell her that. I can’t… did she tell you her and Tilly had a fight that morning? The last thing she said to her was that she was a spoilt brat…. I know she’s trying real hard for us but I can’t tell her what happened cause I can’t hurt her more than she is.” He was crying now and shaking a little.

Daemon frowned as his jaw tightened, being as gentle as possible with her body while he washed her down, leaving small kisses before the soap and let the information settle in his head before responding “Once I get my hands on him he will never know another moment of peace in his life.” He promised her

Eddie frowned deeply as he listened to his son and gave a small nod. He pulled him in close and gave a heavy sigh "I'll talk with her okay? You don't have to go Saturday, I won't make you." He murmured letting him cry against his shoulder and get it all out.

Max frowned deeply and gave a small nod "Make sure he suffers." She whispered before turning to look at him

He just nodded, holding her to him again once they were both cleaned up until he turned the water off and stepped out to get ready for bed.

He just nodded and held onto him shaking a little until he calmed down, letting him help get back inside and went to get a drink before going back to his room.

It was another month before they had finally settled into the house properly. Max was still worried sick about Daemon and his plans with Otto, it had seemed to be getting even worse with that side of things lately. She was happy though to atleast have him home for the day after a week away for work.

Eddie held him close until he had calmed down and eventually helped him back inside. He gave a heavy sigh as he saw Carmen come out from her room and motioned her over "Can I talk with you a minute? Its about Jack." He told her gently.

She frowned but nodded, going to the twins' room to see what outfits they had for the funeral, glancing out the window to see them playing with the dog in the back yard while she was doing it "What is it?" She asked him a little coldly. "I swear if you are using Jack as an excuse to talk to me then I will send you to find a hotel." She warned him.

Daemon yawned some as he came back upstairs from doing some last minute phone calls, going to lay back in bed with her and sighed "I really wish that my stumach would just settle down though. I thought it was doing better the last few days but then it started up again." He grumbled some. He'd been getting sick a lot since the two had moved in with him. Part of him was putting it down to stress but the other part, the one he was trying desperately to ignore, was telling him it was more sinister than that

Eddie followed her into the twins' room and shook his head a bit "No, this is about Saturday. He doesn't want to go." He explained giving a heavy sigh as she looked back at him with anger "Listen..I think we should let him stay home. Carmen he saw everything, he saw her when we didn't. I think for his sake and to help him cope, we let him stay home." He said gently.

Max curled into him and gave a small nod "I'm sure it will love." She said quietly before pecking his lips gently. She kmew though that it wouldn't, the poisen that she had been barely dosing him with was starting to take affect and it was killing her. She had to though, Otto had the upper hand and was threatening their daughter's life.

She frowned when he said Jack didn't want to go, about to answer when he continued "I wasn't going to force him anyway, I don't know if we would even get him in the car to go." She pointed out "I don't really want him on his own though. I'll ask one of his friends to come over.... By the way, why haven't you spoken to Wayne since you got here? He didn't even know you were in town until I spoke to him just a little bit ago." She muttered

"How long do you think we have before the monkey wakes up?" He smiled, pulling her in closer and to lay on top of him, engulfing her in his arms, pressing his face to the top of her head to inhale her scent too.

Eddie frowned deeply at the mention of Wayne and gave a heavy sigh "I was focused on Tilly...and I can't...I can't face him Carmen." He admits giving a heavy sigh and looking at the ground "The man did everything for me...and I still ended up like my dad....I just...I can't face the disappointment he'll have." He said truthfully to her having not admitted that to anyone.

Max smiled softly as she listened to the sound of his heart beat "Mmm probably another 30 minutes or so." She murmured before kissing under his chin gently.

She grit her teeth and frowned. “Stop running away from your mistakes Edward!” She snapped. “If I have to drag you over there myself then I will. He loves you and he misses you is that not enough reason?!” She questioned him.

He just nodded and frowned, moving her off and rolling over, curling up a little with a groan. “I should go see a doctor I think.” He muttered.

Eddie frowned deeply at her just shaking his head a bit "Never mind Carmen...good talk." He muttered before leaving the room and going to try and find a quiet place where he could just have a minute to himself.

Max gave a deep frown and nodded softly "I'll try to schedule you an appointment." She said softly right before she heard littlr feet padding into the room with Mila's voice saying Good Morning to the both of them.

she grit her teeth and reached out, grabbing his arm. “Eddie! Stop! For the love of god just stop! You want me to run your back and say poor baby and big you up to get you to go over there?! You want me to get on my knees and beg you to just try?! Grow. Up. You’re 35 this year. It’s time you act like an adult ans face the problems you created! What’s he gonna do? Tell you that you fucked up? Abandoned me with three kids to run off and play band. Tell you off for not loving me anymore when I don’t know if you ever did in the first place.” she stopped in her tracks then with the look he gave her but this was ten years of pent up rage coming out for her and she knew she’d cut deep with that last statement.

He didn’t respond to her, struggling to keep from being sick until Mila came over to the bed and clambered up, jumping on it a little and that was daemons cue to run to the bathroom.

Eddie just kept walking as she talked listening but also holding his tongue while doing so. Though, when she mentioned his love for her he stopped dead in his tracks turning to look at her with a serious glare. He shook his head some before finally getting fed up as well "I stopped loving you?! I never loved you in the first place?! Fucking hell Carmen you were absolutely everything to me! When I finally fucking graduated what did I do?! Huh?! I fucking quit that goddamn band and went to find us a place to stay just like you fucking begged me to do! I went and got a shitty mechanic job in the day while you could watch the kids and you worked the graveyard shift at the diner. I fucking tried for you! But it wasn't enough! Yelling how were we going to pay the bills and that I needed a fucking better job! So I fuckinf went back to the band, as a fucking escape to find some peace,and then we got discovered, I was making triple than before and you got fucking pissed about it!" He yelled shaking his head in anger "All I wanted was to fucking make you happy and provide for my fucking family! Don't you EVER fucking say I never loved you! Every fucking thing I have done has been for you because I still love you!"

Max went a bit wide eyed as Mila scrambled onto the bed and started bouncing to tell Daemon to wake up "Oh Mila no, no don't do that!" She said but gave a heavy sigh when she saw Daemon rush into the bathroom.

She frowned shaking her head. “That’s how you remember it?! Me being money hungry?! In case you forgot with the drugs frying your goddamn brain cells I never gave a shit about the money. I cared that our babies were in a mouldy apartment and Jack was getting sick all the time. I was scared that they were going to come and take the kids away! I was a fucking kid trying to raise two kids! Then we get pregnant again and I said let’s not keep this but you insisted you would find a way to earn more so we could afford to have him…. And that’s when I became a single parent because you were never home! That’s how I lost my job because of the nights you stayed out partying with the band and don’t try to lie to me Gareth and Jamie have the receipts for it!” She spat at him. “I wanted you home and I just wanted our family safe! That’s all I ever wanted but you said we were holding you back. Your words Ed not mine. I still have the voicemail recording! Don’t you dare try to twist this back on me!” She turned to the door then to see all four kids just stood there staring at them.

She frowned and sat down, looking at her mom. “I just wanna watch cartoons with kepa.” She told her pouting while they listened to daemon throwing up in the bathroom, “Kepa not feeling good?” She asked seeing her get up to go to him when they started hearing the groaning inbetween as well.

Eddie frowned more and shook his head again "I said what you told me, never fucking said you were money hungry! I'm sorry okay?! I'm fucking sorry for everything! I'm sorry for getting you fucking pregnant, taking your goddamn dreams away too because we both fucking know that was my fault too for not wrapping it up. I'm sorry for being a shitty husband, a shitty fucking husband. I ran! I fucking ran because I knew I couldn't be what you needed or wanted. And now I get to live with it! I can't even get a fucking chance because I know if I try I'll fuck that up too!" He yelled frowning when he noticed the kids in the doorway "Maybe it was a mistake for me to come back, all I fucking do is piss you off and leave a shit impression on the kids." He muttered before leaving the room.

Max frowned deeply and gave a small nod "No baby he isn't. He has a stomach bug." She murmured before going to check on Daemon rubbing his back in soothing circles. "Let me get you some water." She whispered to him gently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back