• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don't Tell Me I Didn't Try

decadent-rider

Twenty Thousand Club
55d6cb2b1daa8a77a7da0d090fcbf266--dark-green-hair-blue-hair.jpg

Scarlett

lm12-Hemsworth.jpg

Scarlett was busy packing he things into bags to head over to Chris's place. She'd been through all emotions since their phone call that morning and was now mentally preparing herself for how he would look. She'd heard from his mom that he hadn't started treatment yet but would do tomorrow but that he still looked really bad. she'd seen a lot working at the hospital but the idea of seeing it in Chris scared her. They hadn't spoken in a long time, life getting in the way for them both but now she would cherish every moment. Shethrew the bags in the car and drove the half hour o his place in silence before finally going up to his front door and ringing the bell
YourForeverIsAllThatINeed YourForeverIsAllThatINeed

Chris sat on his couch, a rerun of some crappy sitcom playing on the tv but being ignored. Chris was off in his own world. The news had him like a ton of bricks. He had never thought this would happen to him. sure he wasn't the best guy. sure he could have been nicer or more helpful but he did he really deserve this? The doorbell took him out of his self putty trance and with shaky moments he stood and went to the door. Seeing it was Scarlet he managed a smile and pulls her into a hug. "You're just the person I needed to see." He murmurd softly.

She felt her breath hitch as she saw him then just hugged him back tightly as she could. “God I’ve missed you so much.... chris I’m moving in with you. I’ve got all my stuff. I know you got a spare room.... you can’t do this on your own.” She told him quietly then hugged him tight again. “Tell me everything. What happened? What kind of cancer is it?” She asked him worried. “Did they give you a prognosis.?” She asked worriedly but went straight to his kitchen and started making tea, still knowing the place like the back of her hand.

Chris listens to her ramble on, barley having time to reject, though he didn't. he was more than happy to have her stay here. He knew he needed someone. Maggie had left him and Tony was no help whatsoever. He follows after her and leans agaisnt the doorway as he watches her. "It's a rare bone cancer. my doctors never even treated anyone with it. They aren't even sure what the survival rate for it is." He sighs and runs a hand through his hair,gain he knew wouldn't be there much longer. His mom had suggested he buzz cut it. make it easier when he starts losing it. He wasn't sure though. "I'm happy you're here."

She nodded listening intently and frowning some then nodded and smiled at him. “I’m glad your mom thought to call me.... I would have liked it be under better circumstances obviously but this is better than nothing.... here drink this if you can. Your mom said you start chemo tomorrow and this will help keep your stomach settled.” She told him quietly then took her mug and went to sit on his couch with him.

Chris took the mug and followed her into the living room, plopping himself on the couch. He blew at the hot tea and then took a sip. He sighs softly and glanced at her. "She told me she called you. didn't twll me you'd be moving in." He chuckles softly. "I wasn't sure you'd even come. I know things got busy for you."

She smiled a little. “Please... Too busy to see you? Not now.” She told him quietly and reached over giving his arm a squeeze. “Has Tony been told? What about your girlfriend? She’s not gonna be mad I’m moving in right? She knows we aren’t that kind of friends?”

Chris smiles a little but it soon drops when Maggie was mentioned. "Tonya freaking out. acting like he's the one going through all this. not much help." He mutters. "Maggie didn't...She stuck aeound long enough to tell me she refused to watch me die. was gone by the time I got out of the hospital." He mutters and sips the tea.

She sighed a bit nod rolled her eyes. “Did we expect more from him?” She mumbled. They had been the three musketeers growing up and Tony had always been the drama queen out of them and was very good at pushing the spotlight on himself even without meaning to but she knew he very likely did care a lot. She would speak to him soon hopefully. She frowned more at hearing about Maggie. “Little bit ch.... don’t let me get at her and rip all this expensive acryllics off her nails.” She winked at him. “I’m sorry to hear that though.... I’m gonna go in with you tomorrow. Then I got work after your first hour but I’m gonna get you settled in there.” She smiled at him. “I’m gonna go get my stuff first though.” She said and finished her tea getting up to grab her bags.

Chris nods and smiles at her. she had always known how to cheer him up. He gets up and goes to help her. he wouldn't be able to care anything too heavy but he didn't want to sit and watch her either. it felt rude, even if he was sick. "Hey can you do me a favor tonight. Mind helping me buzz off my haor. I don't wanna watch it fall out over the next month."

She passed him a couple of the smaller bags then took the three heavies in with her. “Yeah sure. You got clippers here?” She asked him while she got all her stuff into the guest room and got him to sit on the bed while she unpacked. “Oh my god we should do fun patterns in it.” She winked at him.

Chris chuckles at her suggestion. "I wouldn't say no to that. anything that makes this a little more bar able." He murmurd soflty and watches her happily. "You know I was expecting you to have a lot more stuff. being a girl an all." He teases her.

“Hey. I’m here aren’t I?” She smiled and nudged him. “Uh... well... yknow... after being bankrupt and basically homeless for a while... yknow... a girl had to sell all her furniture and a lot of other stuff.” She told him. It was the main reason she hadn’t spoken to him in so long. They had stopped speaking when she had been with her last boyfriend. Him and Tony hadn’t appproved but she was naive about him and had fallen hard so she stayed with him and he had torn her life apart.

Chris frowns and nods. "right sorry. I didn't mean to bring thay up." He murmurd and stands up. he goes over to He and pulls her into a hug. "You're here now. And don't worry. you're the one getting everything in my will. don't twll Tony that though." He jokes.

She tensed a bit at that and shook her head. “Don’t... I don’t wanna hear about a will until it’s absolutely necessary.” She told him quietly and hugged him back tighter. “You should go get some rest. Big day tomorrow. If you need anything give me a shout Alright?” She smiled and let him go while she continued finishing up unpacking.

Chris nods and watches her a few minutes before heading out. he goes to his own room and swings the door closed part way. he lays down on his bed and closes his eyes. it didn't take long for him to fall asleep.

Scarlett fell asleep soon after she finished and got up early in the morning to go downstairs and finish off the paperwork she needed for the day, smiling when he came down and nodded towards the tea on the side. “I got the clippers ready when you are. I just have to finish up this report.” She told him. “You sleep good?” She asked him. They had slipped back into normal routine already like they were back at college sharing the dirty rundown flat they had all lived in together dealing with each other’s partners

Chris smiles and takes the cup, sipping it as he took a seat at the kitchen table. "probably the best sleep I'll get in a whilr." He mutters and let's himself drift into his own thoughts as she finished up her work. He put the mug in the sink when he was done.

Scarlett noddded some not really listening then got up and shut her computer. “Sorry. I got five appointments for today so not much time for paperwork.” She smiled getting the chair out and ready. “If I screw this up... just remember how I’m your best friend.” She giggled then turned them on waiting for him to get settled in the chair before she could start.

Chris chuckles aoftly and sits down. He leans down a little as well ti make himself shorter for her. He sighs softly and closes his eyes.

Scarlett nodded and and got started doing it as smoothly as possible and trying to make sure she got everything even as possible. “How are you feeling about today?” She asked him worried about him trying to bottle everything up as she knew he had done in the past.

Chris listens to the buzzing of the Clippers and tries to keep from thinking about this all too much. He opens his eyes when he hears her question, staying quite for a hit as he thought how to answer that. "I guess how anyone starting chemo would." He says simply.

She nodded a little and sighed quietly. “You should take a blanket with you and some books and music.” She reminded him. “You wanna go see that new Deadpool movie tonight if you’re feeling up to it?” She asked him.

Chris gives her thumbs up at the suggestions of whay to bring and then smiles at the movie suggestion. "That would be nice. I'm sure a few good laughs is exactly what I'll need."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back