• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom don'т leт мe loѕe yoυ тoo [nιgнтѕ ιnтo dreaмѕ] [oc needed] [paғp]

solar sailor

YOU’RE SO DAMN COLD
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
ooc: Hi! Thank you for taking the time to visit and hopefully read my post, I hope it is of interest to you!

This roleplay is to be based off of an old 1996 SEGA game known as "NiGHTS Into Dreams..." and its 2007 sequel, "NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams". I understand that it doesn't have a very large fanbase, but I really want to rp it and luckily, its plot isn't hard to grasp! Therefore, if you've never played this game or never heard of it before, I don't mind at all! c:

If you need any explanations to help you understand the plots of the games, then I have them right here:

Setting

Every night, all human dreams are played out in Nightopia and Nightmare, the two parts of the dream world. In Nightopia, distinct aspects of dreamers' personalities are represented by luminous coloured spheres known as "Ideya". The evil ruler of Nightmare, Wizeman the Wicked, is stealing this dream energy from sleeping visitors in order to gather power and take control of Nightopia and eventually the real world. To achieve this, he creates five beings called "Nightmaren": jester-like, flight-capable beings, which include Jackle, Clawz, Gulpo, Gillwing and Puffy as well as many minor maren. He also creates two "Level One" Nightmaren: NiGHTS and Reala. However, NiGHTS rebels against Wizeman's plans and is punished by being imprisoned inside an Ideya palace, a gazebo-like container for dreamers' Ideya.

Synopsis

One day, Elliot Edwards and Claris Sinclair, two teenagers from the city of Twin Seeds, go through failures. Elliot is a basketball player who enjoys a game with his friends. He is challenged by a group of older school students and suffers a humiliating defeat on the court. Claris is a talented singer and her ambition is to perform on stage. She auditions for a part in the events commemorating the centenary of the city of Twin Seeds. Standing in front of the judges, she is overcome by stage fright and does not perform well, which causes her to lose all hopes of getting the role. When they go to sleep that night, both Elliot and Claris suffer nightmares that replay the events. They escape into Nightopia and find that they both possess the rare Red Ideya of Courage, the only type that Wizeman cannot steal.

Once in Nightopia, they discover and release NiGHTS, who tells them about dreams and Wizeman and his plans; the three begin a journey to stop Wizeman and restore peace to Nightopia. When they defeat Wizeman and Reala, peace is returned to Nightopia and the world of Nightmare is suppressed. The next day, back in Twin Seeds, a centenary ceremony begins. Elliot is seen walking through the parade until he has a vision of NiGHTS looking at him through a hoarding. Realising that Claris is performing in a hall, Elliot runs through the crowd and sees Claris on stage in front of a large audience, singing well. The two look at each other and are transitioned to a spring valley in Nightopia, which leaves ambiguity as to whether what they achieved was real or just a dream.
Setting

Every night all human dreams are played out in Nightopia and Nightmare, the two parts of the dream world. In Nightopia, distinct aspects of dreamers' personalities are represented by luminous colored spheres known as "Ideya". However, the evil ruler of Nightmare, Wizeman the Wicked, is stealing this dream energy from sleeping visitors to gather power to take control of Nightopia and eventually the real world. To achieve this, he creates numerous beings called "Nightmaren", including two acrobatic, jester-like, flight-capable beings called NiGHTS and Reala. NiGHTS, however, rebels against Wizeman's plans, and is punished by being imprisoned inside an Ideya palace, a gazebo-like container for dreamers' Ideya.

Synopsis

William Taylor and Helen Cartwright are the two new chosen dreamers. Will is an aspiring football player, while Helen is a prodigy violinist. Both children live in the city of Bellbridge,[8] and are close to their respective parents; Helen her mother and Will his father. However, the closeness between them has changed over the years; Helen has chosen to spend more time with her friends than with her mother practicing the violin, a choice which has begun to fill her with guilt, while Will's father is transferred to another city for work and leaves his son by himself. Both children suffer individual nightmares and come under attack by the Nightmaren, who chase them into the world of Nightopia. There, the two children separately meet the wise Owl and the playful dream jester NiGHTS, who has the ability to "dualize" with the children, allowing them to share NiGHTS' body and fly through the skies. Learning that the wicked Wizeman is plotting to take over the dream world and then emerge into the real world, the children and NiGHTS resolve to stop Wizeman, but face hindrance from the Nightmaren he commands, particularly NiGHTS' former comrade Reala.

The children's stories are unique, though they share a similar structure at some points and some of the same cut scenes appear in both stories. They converge into each other at certain points, allowing Will and Helen to meet in their dream worlds and help each other, though Owl states that normally this shouldn't be possible. The story reaches its climax as a stairway appears at the Dream Gate and Helen and NiGHTS ascend, only to be trapped by Wizeman himself and pulled into darkness. Will arrives too late and dives in after them, arriving in the night skies above Bellbridge, where he finds that he now has the ability to fly alone without NiGHTS using his Red Ideya. He rescues Helen, and the two head off to save NiGHTS, who has been imprisoned at the top of Bellbridge's clock tower. Reala shows up to stop their efforts and accepts NiGHTS' challenge to one final showdown between them (if the condition below is met). Defeating him, the trio prepare to face Wizeman, and NiGHTS dualizes with both of the children. Will-NiGHTS and Helen-NiGHTS defeat Wizeman, who assures them that as long as humans have darkness in their hearts, he will never truly be destroyed. The next day, the children separately accomplish their goals; Helen plays onstage with her mother at a recital to a thunderous applause and sees her friends in the audience, while Will scores the winning goal for his soccer team after seeing that his father has come back to see his game.

You can also watch some of the cutscenes from the sequel here. It's worth it, the game is absolutely adorable!

Below, I have placed the plot I came up with in a spoiler, as well as character specifics.

The idea I have in mind is more based on the second game than the first, though the two human characters are not part of it. Instead, it revolves around a different character, which should be a simple teenage (15-18) human OC of yours. NiGHTS has previously developed a strong friendship with a newcomer to Nightopia (where visitors go to as they dream), although after some very long time, the human stops showing up. At first, NiGHTS thinks nothing of it, though as time progresses and they never come back, NiGHTS begins to fear the worse.

Eventually, the missing human's identical twin sibling (your character) shows up in Nightopia. Naturally, when NiGHTS first sees them, they're convinced that their friend has finally come back. After finally confronting the newcomer though, they soon figure out that this human is actually their friend's twin sibling. As it turns out, their friend hadn't been showing up because they had actually passed away tragically. Though NiGHTS is distraught greatly by this news, they eventually develop a strong friendship with the newcomer.

I don't mind what gender your character is as well as their twin sibling and it's also up to you of what their personalities and names are/were, plus how the first sibling died (suicide, car accident, murder, illness, etc, you name it). I'm not aiming to make anything about this rp romantic, but if your character is female and you'd like to make this an eventually romantic rp, I will gladly play a male NiGHTS (they're canonly genderless). Don't be afraid to be creative! C:

As far as your replies go, try to be as grammatically correct as possible and keep your responses at least two or three paragraphs long each. I'd hate to lose my muse on you! Along with that, please DON'T commit to this roleplay if you won't be active or there's the chance you'll just stop answering it at random. If you'd like to stop the roleplay, please just let me know before you do!

- - - - -

ic: NiGHTS sighed, closing their large eyes for a moment as they floated idly in the sky of the Dream Gate. A few seconds later, they reopened them and turned their bored gaze over to the big gate that marked the entrance to the area. It still wasn't opening, much to their dismay. They didn't really want to realize it, but they highly doubted that the gate would be opening any time soon. With yet another long sigh, they looked away from the gate and instead straight down to the ground that was located several meters below them.

It'd been so long; far too long, actually. NiGHTS didn't want to think about it too much, but what felt like years ago, they'd become good friends with a certain human that visited Nightopia some time ago. It'd come to be such a strong friendship that they had grown to look forward to every night when their friend would sleep, because that meant that they'd get to see them again. Then, one day, their friend had stopped showing up. Months ago, they'd seen their friend for the very last time and NiGHTS just didn't want to have to accept it.

NiGHTS had begun to fear the worst. What could have happened to their friend to make them stop showing up in Nightopia? Maybe they had just stopped dreaming altogether, but NiGHTS felt like there was much more to it than that. Something told them that they didn't want to know what happened, but at the same time, they just had to know. They didn't think they'd ever find out though. It would remain shrouded in mystery, just like many things were destined to be.

Pushing the slightly invasive thoughts away, NiGHTS looked away from the ground and summoned their invisible Dream Flute, then brought it up to their mouth and closed their eyes as they began playing a rather relaxing tune on it that they had always liked to call 'Dream, Dream.' They became relaxed as they played their flute and barely payed any mind to their surroundings as well. They hadn't even noticed the gate that they'd been staring at earlier soon opening and allowing a new figure to enter the Dream Gate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back