• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don’t Leave Me Like This

Max gave a small smile to him "I don't know why I keep them out there...I tried to have flowers but I'm so busy I don't have time to care for them properly." She said softly "What are your plans for the day?"

Ivar took a deep breath and nodded a bit "So four weeks of life support, but it is not guarenteed either will live....but if you induce her now...she will live?" He asked as his mind ran 100 miles a minute

He shook his head. “Mr. Lothbrok I can’t guarantee either option. But if we induce her now she has a better chance.” He explained again.

He chuckled a little and shrugged. “I didn’t really have any.” He told her smiling. “What do you two have going on?” He asked her quietly

Ivar took a shaky breath but nodded some "Then induce her now." He said seriously frowning when they gave him a concerned look. "Did I stutter?! I said induce her!" He yelled

Max smiled some at him "Nothing until two. I go in and get off at ten." She said giving a small shrug "Hopefully today is good for tips."

Her doctor gave a brief pause and then nodded, having the nurse walk him through the whole thing while he went to have preparations started, muttering under his breath about the ultra wealthy.

He smiled and nodded. “Should be. Lots of electricity down today from that storm last night. Lots of people probably going out to eat instead.” He smiled trying to be encouraging but not knowing how to do it without being awkward.

Ivar went through everything with them and soon stayed sitting in the room. He took shaky breaths as he tried to keep himself calm but he was scared to death.

Max smiled gently at him and gave a small nod "Yeah you do have a point." She said happily before giving a small yawn "If you'd like...you can hang with us for a bit.." she offered not wanting him to leave yet.

They eventually came to collect her, letting him say what he needed before moving her out of the room and sending Ivar to a waiting room.

He smiled and watched her, about to respond when the little boy chimed in with a loud ‘no!’, waving his finger at Eddie. “No? You don’t want me hanging out with you and your mom?” He chuckled.

Ivar said his deepest 'I love you's' and prayers to the God's before they left. He took a deep breath and pulled out his phone calling the only other person he could find comfort from this time. While she drove him crazy, he was still very much a momma's boy at heart. "Modir..." he whispered down the line trying to keep it together.

Max gasped as Greyson quickly said 'No!' She gave a small laugh and shook her head some "Now Greyson, why not? Eddie is a sweetie pie, and he is Mommy's friend." She said gently laughing some as he started to babble in gibberish to her.

She frowned a little and set the flowers on the side, pointing to the vase she wanted them in from the selection in the cupboard their housekeeper was helping her with. “Ivar darling how are you? You haven’t been answering my phone callls? How is Carmen doing?” She asked him.

Eddie chuckled and shook his head. “It’s the hair isn’t it? I know little man it’s a lot to handle.” He teased him. “But it’s alright, I got somewhere I gotta be soon. I’ll be around the trailer after though.” He told her smiling.

Max gave a small smile and nodded some "I'll see you around then." She said sweetly before watching him leave. She sighed as she sat down with Greyson and gave him a small pout "Why do you scare away the cute boy huh? Mommy really likes him." She said but couldn't help but smile when her son just laughed at her.

Ivar took a shaky breath before speaking again "Surgery....to save her....I had to....I had to save her..." he said quietly as he stared at the floor shaking a bit "I had to save her...."

She frowned and stepped out into the hallway, “Ivar what’s going on darling?” She asked him quietly “Where are you?” She asked.

Eddie got back to their trailer and stepped inside, smiling to himself with a stupid grin, leaning up against the door for a minute just thinking about her.

Wayne looked at Eddie with a raised eyebrow while he grabbed a hat off the wall for work "What's got you so smiley this mornin'?" he asked giving a small chuckle when Eddie nothing just giving a happy sigh "Oooh, it's that girl from across the park isn't it?" he said happily

Ivar took a shaky breath again and gulped "The hospital...she had to come in....I had to choose her Modir. I had to save her." he whimpered

She frowned more and quickly moved to pick up her keys. “I’m coming down there sweetheart. You don’t need to be alone right now.” She mumbled, heading out to her car

He quickly stood up straighter and brushed it off. “Just in a good mood is all.” He muttered, blushing like mad though as he headed to his room

Wayne chuckled some before shaking his head some and left to head to the plant.

Max was sitting outside her trailer later that day while Greyson slept trying to wrap her head around things. Abi was sick and couldn't watch him. While the diner didn't mimd her having Greyson at the late shift, middle of the day and evening were a no go. She was freaking out now because she couldn't miss the day and risk being behind yet again on her payments.

Ivar looked at his Mother as she showed up a little later "Modir..." he whispered feeling like the world was falling around him "I'm scared..." he admits quietly

She frowned and stepped over to him, sitting next to him before pulling him close to her. “How is she doing?” She asked. “Any updates?”

Eddie was getting back from his work stuff with Rick and waved at max, parking up and walking down to her trailer. “Hey, I thought you had work in like 20 minutes?” He frowned.

Ivar shook his head some "No updates, they're still in surgery." He said quietly as he bwgan to stare at the ground "I murdered my child....I killed him.." he whispered as it all started to hit him.

Max looked up whem she heard Eddie not even giving a smile "Yeah I am, but Abi is sick, and I can't bring Greyson to the diner." She said taking a shaky breath "I can't miss today, I need the money but I also can't leave Greyson alone."

He frowned and shrugged. “What time does he need dinner and when should he go to bed? Does he need a diaper change or does he go to the toilet? Cause once I got those answers I can watch him if you want.” He told her. “I’m not doing anything else tonight.”

She frowned and shook her head. “What was the other option? Because I’m sure it wasn’t one where Carmen would make it. And she wouldn’t want you to have to raise a child without her.” She pointed out, glancing up when a nurse walked in not long after to speak to Ivar.

Max looked at him in shock shaking her head quickly "No, no Eddie I could never ask that from you!" She said but stopped once he insisted "He eats around 6 for dinner, but he does have snack time at 3. He needs to be in bed by 8 at the latest and he is still in diapers. We're working on the potty training." She said before she got up and hugged him tightly "You're a goddamn life save Munson."

Ivar looked up as the nurse came out "Is my wife okay?" He asked worriedly trying to keep breathing and not hold it all in.

She smiled sympathetically at the young man and nodded. “She is stable. They’re just cleaning her up and they’ll take her back to her room. I’m sorry to inform you that it was indeed too early for your son to be born and he didn’t make it.” She told him gently.

He smiled some and nodded, stepping inside with her and having her show him everything he needed to know before letting her go, “just you and me tonight little man.” He smiled, watching him play a little.

Ivar let out his breath and nodded some "Can we go into her room once she is brought back?" He asked softly feeling a massive guilt start to fall onto his shoulders.

Max came home around 10:30 that evening having had a great night of tips. She got into her trailer and smiled widely seeing Eddie sprawled out on her small couch completely knocked out with Greyson against his chest sprawled put as well. She quietly pixked up her camera from the small table she had and snapped a photo of the two of them.

She nodded and assured him someone would come to collect him once that was okay.

Eddie grumbled a little at the noise, looking over and smiling at her, carefully moving to get Greyson back to his bed. “Hey, sorry, he was really confused why I was here and he only fell asleep once he wore himself out and then I was tired so we both fell asleep.” He mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

Max smiled softly at him and gave a small nod "Thank you again Eddie, he wasn't too difficult was he?" She asked softly as she placed her camera down and made her way over to him.

Ivar sat there for another 30 minutes before they called him back. He followed behind as quickly as he could with his mother's help guloing as he got into the room and saw her laying there "I know she has a lot more progress to make....but is she off life support now?"

He shook his head and smiled. “No he was good once he settled.” He told her. “I better head back over and make sure Wayne’s eaten something.” He told her but lingered for a minute, just watching her. “I’ll see you in hell on Monday.” He chuckled a little, waving as he walked out of the trailer.

Her nurse frowned a little and shook her head. “Not yet. She’s doing a little better but it’s gonna take a while still. There’s really not much more we can do besides wait and see mr. Lothbrok.” She told him and left him to privacy.

Max smiled sweetly at him and frlt her heart swell as he talked about Greyson. As months went by, her and Eddie only grew closer and closer to one another. It was nearly every night she had they were together doing something. She'd even met his Uncle Wayne and he seemed to like her. Greyson had grown fond of Eddie as well now, almost always wanting to be near him or play with him when he was around. She was sat outside his trailer that evening with homemade spaghetti she had promised to bring over while they watched a movie. She always made sure Eddie had lunch and dinner now when she realized he would rarely eat a proper meal.

Ivar gave a small nod and thanked them before he sat by Carmen. Weeks turned into months as Carmen healed from everything and Ivar was by her side the entire time. He'd had a pretty bad flare up a few weeks ago, but he was doing a bit better now that Carmen was able to go home. She wasn't back fully to herself, but they were confident she was stable enough now to go home at least.

She was sat up with a juice box, not really paying attention to anything around her for a minute until she felt ivars hand on hers, looking over at him with a tired smile. “I think we should get a new bedspread set. Or even a new bed frame.” She mumbled, giving his hand a squeeze. She’d been out of sorts since waking up a month ago and she just wasn’t herself.

There was no answer at the doorbell. Or even when she knocked on his bedroom window but his van was still in the drive and his boots were sat on the porch so he was definitely home. One little nudge of the front door let it swing wide open to reveal a leg sticking out of the tiny kitchen area on the floor and walking further in she would finally catch sight of Eddie sprawled on the floor, passed out and beaten up.

Ivar gave her a soft smile and nodded softly as he watched her "Alright my love, we can do that." He said quietly feeling a pain in his heart at her spaced out expression. She hadn't woken up the same; and he was terrified that it was because of him.

Max carried Greyson inside thankful that he was asleep in his carrier while she walked in. She went wide eyed as she saw Eddie's foot on the ground quickly putting the tuberware and Greyson down before rushing to his side "Eddie?!" She said before dropping to the floor to check his breathing before she pulled him into her lap "Eddie? Eddie wake up..." she said in a softer voice now scared to death about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back