• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Don't feed the freaks

“Guess your right it didn’t .” He sighed.
“I haven’t exactly got anyone I’m always alone no one around when I get “home” just concrete and a place to lay my head.” He frowned.
“Of course I remember you it’s the one thing I said I wanted to keep I said they could take the rest but my memory and thought of you remained that was my one condition.”
“Oli please Of course I never saw you as a freak I never knew you were one to begin with.” He smiled. Playing with the charms on his horns.

“Thanks I owe ya!” He smirked.
“Well I fought and taught myself to remember it’s all I could while I was alone all the time.” He looked back at autodale.
“Change of tone? Is Cortana still there?” He joked.
“thanks for your concern but I need to try what else do I have left? The chop? No thanks.I’m gonna make it right. Figure out this secret and I’m gonna deal with all this hidden mess in autodale and get back my brother” He said determined.

“You’ve no need to blame yourself, it happened and you have the right to feel what you wish.I’ve only just found out and I see no remorse here either, though it hurts it’s I different pain. ” He sighed with a soft smile “I missed you too buddy more than you’ll ever know.”if he couldn’t cry a single tear wound roll down his cheek.
“I’m still me in here.” He pointed to his heart.
“I will fight to restore myself so I can be the brother you deserve Oli I’m sorry I put you through this I’m not the best brother that you could have looked up to, im sorry for that, I wish I could have done more to be there and protect you from this mess we’re In just give me a chance to write the wrongs.”
“Only time will tell I guess. And me keeping my word to you will tell also.”
“Well someone had to be the brains out of us two didn’t they!” He said scruffling oli’s head fur like he used to with his hair.

“In your eyes perhaps to me he’s my baby brother no freak or monster in sight, did you see an ounce of beast or monster In him? .” Vanitus said sternly.
“His name? You can call him by his name Oli?” He scoffed.
“I won’t besides I know Oli, I know he won’t hurt me as he knows I will not hurt him.” He said with the smaller creep of doubt in his mind.
“Well then pray for me that I get this all worked out before the boss gets me.” He smirked before letting Cortana go. And heading off into the middle of the Freaks quarters.

Last edited:
"isn't....that..nice." Oli said giving a small and weak chuckle, an attempt to have human emotions. "well...with....robots...they...don't...expect...them....to...have...high...standards." He said giving a shrug. "they...don't...care...for....you....they...don't...need...to..."
"i...feel...honoured...that...i...was...chosen...to....be...memorized......" He said patting Vanitus on the head. "well...now....you...do...surprised...?" he asked as he sighed with pleasure as his horns were touched.

"Right.." she grumbled. "Is that so? i guess you're more than i give you credit for. i suppose that's something to write up at home." she said giving a shrug. "Others don't care. It's just to feed their utopia they make in their mind. Not particularly grand but oh well, you can't tell what people want to see or believe in. Stubbornity and all." She sighed. "Yes! it's just...oh whatever. you wouldn't get it." she scoffed. "I mean...your life and/or consciousness? you can't just toss it away like it's nothing." she grumbled. "make it right? err well good luck on that." she said giving a hesitant look. "Secrets and lies are everywhere. Plus wrongdoers. i bid you farewell and good luck." she said patting him on the back.

"doesn't...nevermind..." He sighed. "feelings...get...the....best...of...us...we..say...things...we...don't...mean..to....and...it...can...hurt...but...i...think...we...know...better..don't...you..think..so...as..well?" he questioned. "they...treated...me...wrong...and...dragged...me...into...things....i didn't...want...to...do.....i...hope...they....rest...in...peace....but...i...have...no...heart...for....them.." He scowled. "I missed you...as...well..." he said taking a charm off and handing it to Vanitus. It was a charm of a skull of a freak. "it...it's....not...much...but...it's...something...."
"I..know...they...didn't...get....to..you...that...way...you...don't..have...to...we...all...make.....mistakes...and....when..you...learn...from...them...is...all....i...ask." he said patting Vanitus on the back. "you....are....my...brother....no...matter...what...you..do...course...there...are..some...expections...but...the..point...still..stands...you...did...everything....you...could...and...i'm....proud...to....call...you...kin...."
"I....guess..so..." he said giving a nod.

"i mean, physically." she grumbled. "oh whatever. fine he is your brother, can we move onto more important topics? like how in the monarchs name are you going to do your plan and for it not to fail?!" she questioned. "Yes. Yes." She said, clearly wanting to change the topic off him. "right...you know the mayor can just program you to kill him? Just because you won't doesn't mean he also won't. it's a gamble. Is it a gamble your willing to take?"
"It's dangerous to be with him because things can go so many ways, more so down into hell they will go. But i can tell you have your doubts."
"Fine. Fine. Good luck." she said before going silent.

The freaks watched with burning hatred and anticipation as Vanitus made his way through. All ready to attack but were hesitant. they covered the younger ones and hid in their caves. Oli was standing near the end of the dirt pathway, overlooking another bigger territory of the freaks. He turned around, his eyes glowing white. Staring down Vanitus with a questioning look.

“That’s exactly right.” Vanitus said as he looked down “they don’t care, never did, never will. They only time they care or give you attention is if you get the most kills of freaks in one day.” He said angrily.

“Of course, your the only thing that mattered to me Oli, when our parents were off doing whatever the modal citizen did and I used to have to look after you was my favourite times, though you’d pester me to play on the swings and I’d always…..errrm something” he stoped and froze for a moment “sorry I’m trying” he flustered trying to remember the memory as the chip eased in trying to erase the memory slowly.
“No, not really… I mean surprised you didn’t come at me sooner, you know I come out here daily. More surprise me you still look like my adorable baby brother as you did then. Your eyes I can tell, you used to enjoy head pats.” He smiled though it seemed vanity’s was broken inside saying those words. Remorse for not remembering everything?

“You don’t have to note everything I do Cortana.” He smiled.
“Ever heard of take a break” he questioned.
“Well that’s just it everyone is made to not feel. It’s sort of like a slow painful death. A punishment. I mean did we choose to leave family life or did we just have enough of utopia and wanted out?” He said throwing a stick out into the open.
“I probably wouldn’t.” He agreed.
“Your right I can’t but I feel it taking a hold of me more and more. It’ll go soon enough.” He sighed.

“It won’t be easy but someone has to try, thanks I’ll need all the luck I can get.” He smiled “farewell for now.”

“I do, I really think we do.” He nodded.
“They what? What things did they drag you into?” He asked concerned those his face didn’t express this with his conflicting between robot and human.

Vanitus opened his hand for the charm to be place, though it burnt to touch it, it wasn’t unbearable. He he took a bit of wire from his armour and placed the charm in it like a necklace and placed it around his neck looking down he held it as if to his heart.
“I’ll always learn from mistakes, how do you think I got this high in ranks.”he said not overly impressed with saying that.
“Thanks Oli I appreciate that, same here.” He said trying to extend his arm out to pat Oli but his arm would only extend wouldn’t touch. Vanitus looked away ashamed.

“Thanks and sure!” He agreed.
“Simple, don’t get caught. Get things in place that if I do, I’ve recruited trust in others to help fight the cause for the truth will be exposed.”

“Not willing to take, have to take.. there is a difference.” He stated trying to shut down as much of his own server as possible, time was short but he could shut down his connection just enough to tell Oli everything he needed.
“Would I be human if I didn’t have doubts?” He Joked. “Thanks see you soon Cortana.”

Vanitus made his way through the massive patch of freaks as he tried to find Oli. They all stared him down, wanting to attack he was in his own why didn’t they? He was prime target, was he not? He continued walking until he saw Oli at the end of the dirt path. Vanitus breathed deeply, continuing to walk towards Oli.

“Oli, I don’t have much time, my human emotion back tracked my end of human days meaning I’m now on high alert and being tracked I will be hunted and dismantled and killed, so I gotta act quickly. Firstly I’m gonna do everything to make sure that you and friends and new family here can live safely, secondly I’m gonna find out this darn gone secret truth and reveal it. Thirdly…. I’m sorry for everything and just know I love you brother, always. I won’t make it out of this alive. So I want you to know this and all I ask would you be willing to help me?” He begged to Oli.

"Attention seekers...people...pleasers...all...the..same." he scoffed. "all...to....please...themselves...bury...themselves...till...their...numb...thinking...they....have...everything...they...ever...wanted...unless...someone...one...upped...them...then...that's...when...heads...turn...away...from...themselves...for...once."
"They...never...really...cared...for...us...didn't...they..." He sighed shaking his head. "Too busy...with..being...a..perfect...citizen..they...never...were...one...just...one...who..wanted...to...act...like..one.." he sighed shaking his head. "I...remember...that....what...times...they...were...do...not...worry...take...the...time...you...need....time....is....made...of...memories...is...it...not?"
"hm....i...guess...i...just...wanted...to..see....you....on...the...other...side." he replied, looking at Vanitus. "i..didn't...want..to...start...a...fight....so...i....waited....in...the...shadows."
"Well....now....you....your....getting....a...bit...to...close..." He chuckled. "I...guess...i...do...now..."

"Well i kind of have to! it's my job as your A.I!" She scoffed. "I cannot just not do what I need to do! You can't just tell me that and expect me to follow that!" she said about to go off on a tangent but stopped herself. "oh whatever. you wouldn't get it but still!" she whined. "err....yes. But i'm not expected to take a break! i have to keep working or else i'm perceived as flawed!" She complained. "Oh." She stopped. A bit stumped on his question. "i..i guess you're right..." She frowned. "i...can't...remember..if..i...ever was human. or i was always just a robot who was made to be a human. guess i'll never know." She grumbled. "well that isn't good. I'll run a diagnostic when i have time, currently trying to clear things up so the other bots don't sell you out. those traitors.." she muttered. "goodbye. Don't die. I really would hate if all of my hard work on keeping you alive went to waste."

"things.....you...wouldn't...have....to...grow...through....with...them...gone...thankfully...." He said taking a deep breath. "It...hurts...doesn't...it?...let...me..take...it...back." he said reaching for the charm but stopped when Vanitus shook his head. "are...you..sure?...i..don't...want..it...to...burn...you.." he sighed. "mistakes...happen.....we...all...made...them...at...least....we...learned...from...them....in...our...own...different...ways."
"It...is...ok...do...not...worry...you....did...not...ask...for....this...body...who...am...i...to...shame...you...for..that...?" oli questioned.

"right..you think that's going to throw him off your trail?" she questioned. Playing around with his tracking and communication servers. "I'll help where i can but i would like to stay down low so i don't get most of the heat. And you better be doing your job, those people you put trust in better be good." she grumbled. "Well have to take isn't much better isn't it?" she asked. "True...oh whatever. just get moving."

Oli turned to look at Vanitus. "speak....quickly.." he said eyeing down the other freaks who were ready to pounce. "Is...that....so?" he asked. Eyes narrowing. "but...why...now....?...why....after...we....just...met...after...years...and...this...feels....such...a...rash...decision...the...risks...and...everything...why?....No....I....already.....lived.....my.....life....i....don't......want.....to....live...it....anymore...if...it.....was....at....the....expense....of....your.....life...." He said shaking his head. "You...should...have....the...chance...to...live....one...as....well...Safety...is...needed...but...." He said not wanting to let Vanitus go. "the....secret....is....out...there....people...just...don't...want....to...believe...it........but.." He protested. "I...know...your.....sorry..but...this?...i...don't...want...to....see....you...gone....after....we...just...met......I.....love...you...to..but...i....don't...want...to....see...you...like...this..."
He stood there in silence. Looking at Vanitus with a glare. "i..will.......help...what...do...i...need...to....do?" he asked.

“Yes I believe they are brother.” He sighed looking down at his own hands. He knew himself as a people pleaser, though so he thought.
“I couldn’t agree more there is so many out there who are looking to just go higher and that’s all they ever want in life is to one up or be the best of the best. I just so happened to fall into my position.” He said ashamed to say thst to Oli’s face he knew the disappointment would rain through.

“They didn’t, they had us to fit that picture perfect modal citizen family. Though we’re far from disappointed when they found out we weren’t that. “ vanitus flustered as he tried to force the memory to become clearer but in turn made it more foggy.
“Thanks I will try. It’s a little off centre right now.”

“You wanted to see me on the other side? What the mess your brother turned out to be. It wasn’t great Oli I let you down for sure.” He sighed as he looked up at Oli.
“That’s fair, I never wanted to either, I wanted to make sure you were safe all the time but I didn’t even know where to start.” He said rubbing Oli’s head.
“Sorry I’ll not get too close, forgot about personal space and such, it’s been so long since I’ve been able to stand close ti another let alone my brother.” He smiled l.

“I mean I know this I really do, sorry I’m just flustered it’s a lot to take in.” He said frantically.
“A flaw for a break now that is something, isn’t there like an update you can go do?” He asked.
“I mean from the way your showing compassion to me now instead of being cold as stone…. I’d say perhaps you were human.” He smiled.
“It’s fine we do t have time for a diagnostics I think I’m passed that don’t you agree?” He chuckled.
“Thanks I owe ya one for that” he said relieved Cortana might actually be on his side.
“Haha have a let you down yet?” He smirked “wait don’t answer that.” He giggled.

“How so?” Vanitus questioned conceded on what the heck happened when he left.
“It’s fine, it’s a little burn nothing I can’t handle.” He said as he placed it around his neck and his hand revealed a melted metal look on his hand a flaw a new one revealed. Another reason for the dismantling coming to light.

“Exactly learning form a mistake is far better than making one and doing it over and over.
I shame myself for what I am so I assumed everyone else would do the same.” He said looking down afraid but trying not to show it.

“Not thinking, hoping.” He said laughing nervously as he said it.
“Thanks I will do and you stay low where you need to, the help you’ve given is more than suffice for me to be able to get a head start… thanks Cortana you really have been the only one there for me and and who’s been a friend to me throughout my time as a bounty hunter. I’ll miss you when im dismantled.” He said sweetly and softly like a scared teenage boy that he was but his face was stone cold but she could feel the emotion in his voice.

“I hope they are trusted too I’m going on a whim here and hoping. A lot. Welll, it’s all I got right now, I’m gonna get moving. Thanks again Cortana.” He smiled softly as he started to move out.

“Yes this is what it’s come too, I’ve traveled myself for letting my human side take control.” He admitted.
“Look there is no time to discuss as to why now, it’s happening, perhaps being able to finally talk and see you again triggered something in my mind that brings me back something thst j can live for, fight for? The risks are minimal for me to fulfill my wish and want which you told me I failed in which was protecting you. It’s the least I can do.” He admired as he looked up at Oli. The necklace could be seen burning into his chest but vanitus didn’t flinch. He wore it with pride no matter the cost.
“Oli listen to me, I’ve had a defect for a long time” he said lifting the fringe of his hair away to reveal the words “UGLY” on his forehead. “I was just good at hiding it so no one knew, no one does, they can’t see it. So they don’t know. Besides I was the machines mistake and they can’t have everyone know that so I was ranked up to cover secrets, once that you enlightened me there is more to, it’s why I was invested when you came to me to reveal the secrets, as I’m one of their secrets.
They are their biggest flaw.” He said looking around wary at the freaks who looked like they wanted to pounce still.

“Oli listen I have to do this, I just need you to help me to help them” he said pointing to all the others around. “I know it’s a risk and who knows I could make it out but time will tell and I have to act fast. Getting to see you and reunite with you is the best thing that happened to me if I get dismantled knowing it happened and your safe and happy will be all that mattered to me.” He smiled softly.

“I won’t be gone you silly goose” he said ruffling Oli’s head fur once again “I’ll always be right here.” He said pointing to Oli’s heart. And I’ll be back don’t you worry I just need your help, will you help me?” He asked.

“Thank you so much I just need you to rally the others and make sure no one rats me out thst I was here, they won’t believe that I was killed, so no use with that. But don’t attack through anger only if they start. Then I need you and your friends to make a diversion so I can get back into autodale undetected my system comes live in an hour and was hoping you might have somewhere I can hide while I figure the rest as it’s all I got right now was done like 19 minutes ago.” He smiled a cheeky smile as he looked at Oli and then back at all the others around still ready to pounce on Oli’s word.

"i...wanted..to...see..you...in....your....new..form...without...intervening...if...you...get..what..i..mean.." He sighed. "Your...not...a...mess...everyone...is...in...their....own...way...not....just...you.....many....people...robots...freaks...have...let...me...down...but....not...you....you...have...kept...up...hope....in...me...by...being...here...a...alive....still...human...still....kicking....i...think...you.....give....yourself....less...credit...then...you....deserve." he said swallowing, eyes going hazy. "Well...your....doing....a...good...job...now.....i...call....that...start.." he said giving a soft smile, or a smile as much as he could do with his limited face movements to make emotions. "It...is...alright..."

"Isn't it every time something like this happens?" she grumbled, wacking his head. "You're full of twisted wires and an old model. I still wonder how you still keep up, you're a mess physically and most likely mentally." she said searching through his hard drive. "Heck if i could do that every time I had a flaw or you had a flaw, i wouldn't be dealing with a hunk of nuts and bolts like you." she said rolling her eyes. "But breaks aren't meant for anyone. certainly not robots since i guess they don't think we get tired since well..we aren't human but whatever, what are you to tell them different?" she asked. "well. aren't you off to tell them off? i shouldn't even be asking that." She said rolling her eyes. "well isn't that nice. now if the exceptional ones thought of me like that then i would be cruising. which i'm not so screw that. And i suppose so but i still want to try." she said moving some files over to his upload drive. "Hm..course. you're not updated to accept these types of files. lemme change the file input then. course your a model that's becoming obsolete so people don't use you anymore." She said switching the files around and inserting them back in. "there. feel better? you should have a clearer memory chip than the dusty old one. More HD memories if you get my gist? the diagnostic showed other problems so i'll get on them when i have the materials." She said digging through old parts in her file box. "ya sure sure. just don't die. I put too much effort taping you together and keeping you together." she said rolling her eyes. "errrrr...fine. just go."

"Hmm....were....should....i....start..." he said looking out over to the horizon. Going off a list of things the parental units have done. "and....that's....about it...course...it...didn't...hit...me...that...bad...still..alive..no?" He shrugged. "But...it..will...get...worse...let...me...take...it...back." He said reaching for the necklace. "That....won't...do..." he said taking the melted hand and pried off the melted metal with some effort. "the...claws....aren't...helping..." He sighed. Replacing a new metal plate, not brand new but new in Vanitus virtual eyes. "that...should...stick...for....now..." He said watching Vanitus flex his fingers around the metal plating. "now...give...me...the...necklace....back..." He said reaching it and tugging it off. Taking the charm and dipping it in a small jar of water. the water steamed and boiled though oli was unaffected. He handed it back to Vanitus, the charm didn't burn but was quite warm. "well...i...don't...your...still...the...same....old...brother....that...i....adored...and...still...do...nothing...has...changed.....between....us....know...that...your...always...my...number...one..."

"well isn't that reassuring." she said rolling her eyes. "right...bet ima get plucked out of the sky and hit in the face as i'm deleted." she sighed heavily. "Well at least i could do something. Don't want to see my starred bounty hunter go head first into a scenario like this with no preparation." She said patting him on the back. "And thanks for keeping me company. No one talks to the robots like friends. more just advisors they can throw around like toys. see you on the other side Vanitus."

"i..........see..." he said looking at Vanitus. "Time....is...of...the...essence....as....they...say....your....wish?...is...this...really....your...wish?" he asked, shaking his head. "you....never....failed....in...my...eyes.....just...because...you...had...a...defect...doesn't...mean...you...can...throw....away...your...life...like...this!" he protested. "ugly...." His eyes fell onto the words scribbled on his brothers forehead. "so......?....you...can't...just...leave...after...everything.." he said, desperation lingered in his voice. "stand..down." he ordered the others. "i...want...to...help...but...i...don't...want...to....lose...you...in...the...process." he said shaking his head. "I'll...make...sure...you...make....it...out...that...is...my...promise...I...want...you...to....have....a...life....free...of...them..." he promised. "but.....what....about...you....?...i...want....you...to...have....a..happily...ever...after...to..." Knowing in Vanitus's eyes, his happily ever after had already happened. "i.......i'll....help." he said looking down at Vanitus. "rally...?" He questioned. "alright....I agree...to...the...terms...you...can...stay...over...there...it's...alone..." He said pointing over to a cave in the distance. "are...you...sure...this...will...work...brother?" he asked hesitantly.

“Oh….” Vanitus looked confused with the words that came from Oli.
He nodded with a sigh of relief. “Well I’m happy to hear that, I was so afraid I was a disappointment to you.” He laughed “less credit? My I didn’t think you thought of me so highly, I was always just your annoying older brother that brought home donuts occasionally from school when we baked them in home economics.” He laughed remembering some of the times but frowning when he couldn’t remember the rest.
“Thanks bro, you are too, im proud of you!” He smiled.

“Errrm, perhaps?” He questioned not really sure how to answer. “Well was only 10% away from being a full Handyman, my what a thrill that would have been.” He said a sincere sarcastic tone became apparent when he spoke those words.
“I mean flattery won’t get you anywhere if you offend me like that saying im messed up and such, Cort.” He said almost sternly but a cheeky grin could be seen crawling on his face.
“So you think im a hunk of nuts and bolts, I feel I should be honoured you feel that way?” He said once again smirking. “I’m messing with ya!” He said chuckling.
“Hmm nothing, but I am so be it a sort of dare I say it without getting hit master of you?? So… a break would be good.” He said contemplating, but also prepared to dodge an attack from Cortana if necessary.

Vanitus sat there as Cortana spoke and sorted files smiling the whole time, she was kinda cute when she got angry. But also the thought was pushed aside when the thought of what was to come over took.

“Obsoleted and don’t use me…?? I guess that would make sense as I’m at the end of the line now?” He nodded.
He felt the chip placed in and was like he was walking with a frosted memory now he opened his eyes and the memory image he retained was phenomenal, clear as a bell. The image of Oli came to his mind clearly. He’s sweet baby brother. “Thanks Cortana.” He said sweetly
“I’ll do my best! You stay safe too, I don’t want you gone from my life. You mean….I errrm well you errrm are nice and such….” He recovered quickly before tripping more on his own words.

Vanitus took a step back “all that? Why didn’t you come and find me? You knew where I’d be? I would have come back you know I would have?” He pleaded.
“But it’s…fine.” He said holding his hand out as Oli grabbed his hand and prised the melted metal away no flinch or pain came to vanitus in doing so just a look of confusion at why Oli found it so hard to prise off him.

Vanitus looked at the new plate and smiled “like new, thanks bro!” He said smiling and with 20 different cons flashing in his visor he hugged Oli for no more than what seemed like 15 seconds and stood back as if nothing happened. His robot side trying to kick in.
“fine” he said as he lowered his head.
“Thank you, I mean it hurt by the burning but other than that I’d just smile at it knowing that it connected us.” He said trailing off.
“Oli. You were and always are mine too” He said holding his hand to his heart…

85%……

Vanitus fell to his knees “crap!” He exclaimed as he stood back to his feet.

“I mean I’d pay tickets to see that..” Vanitus joked. “Starred bounty hunter? I thought you said no one would choose me? Ohh… Cortana do I see you blushing….” He said smiling.
“Well your not a toy, your a lovely Woman and I’m happy to have you accompany me, one of the best companions I’ve had, I just wish I could see you, the real you, that human you inside, I bet she’s a beautiful as the voice I hear.” He said complimenting Cortana. But was snapped out of it as a warning flashed up in his visor. “See ya on the other side.”

“My wish is your happiness and freedom for you and for all those who were misunderstood by the big machine.” He said feeling a small sign of corruption sneaking in like a slowly fed poison.

“I’m not throwing it away, I was close to my due date anyways, this just errr, spend the progression. “ he said looking like he was being drained slowly his humanness thst was bubbling only seconds ago was slowly draining out of him. Concern reached his face he knew time was running out.

“I’m not leaving, im saving everyone…. Somehow, telling the real truth someho8999937373727” … he placed his hand over his mouth. Panic rising.

“You won’t well maybe you will but it was gonna happen anyways, but I suppose it might be stopped soemho6958585958494”’he stopped again. Closed his eyes “either way my time is drawing short before they corrupt me, if you have a way then please use it, but think fast as time is running out for me, but I still want to help you I’m not backing down from this.” He said with authority.
“My happy ever after was seeing you again” he said brushing Oli’s horns softly.

“Thank you Oli, yes rally everyone one together bring together one and other of your friends.”
“Thank you I owe you code:3834 malfunction” he said placing his hand over his mouth. Sighing. “I don’t know but I sure hope it does.” He said walking off to the cave after patting Oli on the shoulder. Fear could be felt from around vanitus he was worried, scared in panic he didn’t know what was gonna happen or even if this would even work. All he could do is wait till his isolation was up and that’s when they wound come looking for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back