• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic DON'T Choose Your Own Adventure if it Contradicts Civil Law

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1596733634387.png

You are Civ, a resident of the walled, large, very safe Urbzone (no others are known to exist).

Unfortunately, the World™ was destroyed in a Cataclysm, though it might have been a series of them, now that you've taken a few moments to think about it.

Citing safety reasons, the town's previous laws have been permanently suspended to make way for new and improved Flexi-Law, just in case anybody breaks city rules (the previous laws actually made it really difficult to put someone in prison so that had to be fixed obviously).

The undisputed lawful authority of Urbzone, Municipal Council, gave everyone a free mandatory urine test and upon discovering that a small segment of the population had a concerning number of Mutagens (Cataclysmic Mutagens) in their urinal bloodstream, decided to take decisive action to defend all Urbzone residents after utilizing the Fastness-NoVote clause to allow for speedy leadership decision making.

The mutagens obviously didn't give anybody powers or anything, but it made them genetically predisposed to nosebleeds and various other health concerns, so naturally Municipal Council cited a public health hospital document outlining the dangers of nosebleeds and placed all mutants into internment camps.

Anyway, thankfully you're just a normal person, and you have woken up in Residentiary 42069, and are ready to begin your day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[1] Do not make any day preparations and leave to go to your Job immediately
[2] Obtain Coffee
[3] Idle in Residentiary
[4] Make a Phone Call
[5] Leap from the 99th Storey and Die
[6] Inspect Room for Weapons (WARNING!!! WEAPONS WERE MADE ILLEGAL BY MUNICIPAL COUNCIL!!!)

Last edited:
Finally a normal Quest about normal people! I've been looking for one of these forever!

Is it okay if I Make a Phone Call?

[1] Do not make any day preparations and leave to go to your Job immediately

Get in there NAKED

[6] Inspect Room for Weapons (WARNING!!! WEAPONS WERE MADE ILLEGAL BY MUNICIPAL COUNCIL!!!)

At this rate, they might as well ban the use of martial arts.

You stand there for a few moments, suddenly conflicted on what you're supposed to do. You feel like you ought to call somebody. Part of you just wants to go outside without doing anything else- getting prepared for work is an extreme hassle because the zipper on your civilian utility service jumpsuit is all fucked up and you can't actually align the zipper thing, you look really stupid when you wear it except the Uniform Department hasn't given you another one because you incurred a Yellow Violation when you accidentally jaywalked and became witnessed by the crew of one of the tanks sitting in the street (they must have read the CIVILIAN NUMBER on your clothes), who decided to screw you over by forwarding this information to the police who promptly put it on your sociorecord.

Just in case you need to defend yourself from anything, you go over to your kitchen and procure a butterknife. It may not be an assault knife (i.e. not sharp, like a Tier 2 combat steak knife which were banned several years ago) but if you hold it for over two minutes without using it on approved state-produced margarine, it will be fully considered WEAPON.

You go to the phone. You feel as if you need to be really decisive and fast- as if the first thoughts that come to your head will be important, yet there's so many people on the phone service that you can call.

[1] Call Workshift Block Supervisor
[2] Call the Police
[3] Call your Designated Phone Buddy
[4] Call your Mother
[5] Call Fuelsoline coupon office

[6] Call the telephone switchboard operator

Last edited:
You call the operator, what a hassle.

OPTIONS UNLOCKED!!

[1] Call Workshift Block Supervisor
[2] Call the Police
[3] Call your Designated Phone Buddy
[4] Call your Mother
[5] Call Fuelsoline coupon office

[4] Call your Mother

Either she misses you, in which case she deserves to be called by her dear children... or she doesn't, in which case she deserves to get annoyed by unwanted phonecalls.

You briefly consider calling your mother... but for some strange reason you just feel compelled to speak to your Workshift Block Supervisor. Trembling with sadness as you forsake the very woman who gave birth unto you, you tell the Switchboard Operator that you need to talk to the Workshift Block Station. You hear the voice of Roy, who is a junior member of the Loyalty Board Committee and whose wife is friends with the Block Rationing Officer. He is not to be trifled with...

"Hello, Civ. As you know, for quality assurance, this is call being monitored. Please remember that it's almost 3 AM, you might be late for work if you're not already past the fifth checkpoint."

[1] "Sorry Roy, I meant to call my mother, I will be at work soon, promise!!"
[2] "Roy... you son of a bitch... fuck you... I always hated working at the Workshift Block... goddamn... fuckin' guy."
[3] "Roy, please don't deduct my Worker Credit Score, I ran into some problems, I'm on my way now, I love Workshift Block."
[4] "Mr. Roy, please... I didn't want to come to work... why is this suddenly a thing? I'm too sick to show up!"
[5] Disconnect and call someone else
[6] Hang up telephone before you accumulate too much Phone Time and are labelled asocial by the state

Last edited:
[1] "Sorry Roy, I meant to call my mother, I will be at work soon, promise!!"

Surely Roy's heart will swell with compassion when he hears you meant to call your dear mother.

If not, say loudly that you like his plans for violent revolution against the state and that you totally agree with his previous statement that everyone on the Municipal Council is a stupid idiot whose ugly face is as dumb as a butt.

[5] Disconnect and call someone else

Alright, there, you've called Roy like you for some reason wanted to, and now you can go call your mother like a good person and stop being sad.
Or you could go to work like you're supposed to, but seeing as you're already going to be late you might as well call her, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back