• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Don't Call This Love.... OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I'm super excited for this!
Just an FYI, I haven't been on a roleplaying site like this for a while, so if I mess up or forget a few things please let me know.

Guys I am almost ready to launch- I just need your opinion. Realistic face claims or art/anime?

Also Elm Elm I am positive you will fit in just fine. I like mistakes personally. Adds flavor ^-^

Idk, I'm totally chill with either and don't mind a mix~

I do have a faceclaim I'm waiting to use that is a picture, if that's ok.

Go ahead! I do not mind a mix too much- then again I am like... BLAH. I am so weird.

Also, let's hear about some potential powers??? I want to know what you have in mind.

MORE DOUBLE POSTING BECAUSE I AM A NOOOOB

I really like Adrian! Force Fields are such a great defensive ability. And thanks for specifying the weakness in the power. Overall, I am very happy. I am pretty easily impressed when it comes to character sheets- since I prefer to see your character in action. The personality was pretty short- but that is okay. You did great Elm Elm

P pushed Yay! Thank you for the feedback
Also the realistic/anime face claims: Are those basically what your character is assumed to look like?

Yeah- the picture you used to represent what your character looks like. So I was curious to see if people were going to use real pictures of people or artwork/anime. I am currently looking at anime. I had a few good realistic pics but I think I rather the animated look to be honest.

Yeah- the picture you used to represent what your character looks like. So I was curious to see if people were going to use real pictures of people or artwork/anime. I am currently looking at anime. I had a few good realistic pics but I think I rather the animated look to be honest.

Ah, okay cool.

Do you think you could describe the setting some more? What and where the city is, what goes on inside the facility (also is it in the city or outside it) Who was the country that's hunting at war with? Are there places outside the city (even if its just the suburbs nearby) that our characters could have come from/go to?

Absolutely Morzone Morzone !

So, basically- let's say this take place after a catastrophic event like World War 3 in an alternate universe. It would have to pick up 20-30 years after the war, making the offspring around that age (can be younger or older give or take) The world is similar to ours- except the whole nuclear war happening. The city is very large- even larger than New York CIty. The center is full of nicer homes, stores, and more modern conveniences like plumbing, electricity most everywhere, radios, etc. The roads are paved here and it is very urbanized. This is where the government has kept the facility. Beyond that, homes start looking worse and worse as wealthy becomes middle class and then very poor. These people live in old structures they built out of the material they could find, old structures that were there during the war, or even just live on the streets. The urban feel is still there- with paved roads but no modern technology unless stolen. They have street vendors- the sell at the risk of being robbed. Everyone is pretty violent to each other in terms of surviving. Beyond even that- the city is surrounded by a forest they are slowly weeding through for materials, food, timber, etc and more space. The forest is very dangerous- radioactive animals and toxic water sources are some things to worry about- but even more so the plant life is thick and overgrown. Most people die. Then you are getting into mountains and so forth. There are people who live in the forest, but they are deemed wild.

The government knows more about things that are outside the city. They try to keep people ignorant and scare them about the dangers that lie there. Right now, the other people who want to rage war with the developed city is somewhat unknown. They talk about other civilizations that want to take over but no one has actually seen anyone. But! There are other cities out there with their own form of government. Whether they want to attack or this city's government simply wants to take over is not known by anyone.

As for the facility, it is the highest tech places among the rabble. It started off as a bunker for important people during the bombing. It maintained many luxuries of the time before and that is a benefit of being there. Each person with abilities that are kept there is monitored 24/7 by military staff as well as doctors and nurses. They have a chip embedded into their skin that will send a wave of electricity to the host in order to prevent them from fighting. It doubles as a tracking device. They are fed 3 meals a day, trained daily, and even have times to rest and socialize. The people in charge do a lot to keep those people happy and subservient. However, if you go against them- they lock you in cages, shock you until you fall unconscious, train you mercilessly until you are broken.- you get the picture. They are attempting to brainwash you all into becoming their weapons in a world that lacks them.

Oh dear. I rambled quite a bit. I hope that helps!

Doctor Nope Doctor Nope ! I am happy that you are interested. You do not have to join yet if you are still undecided- but please feel free to look at our discussions here and even participate!

Absolutely Morzone Morzone !

So, basically- let's say this take place after a catastrophic event like World War 3 in an alternate universe. It would have to pick up 20-30 years after the war, making the offspring around that age (can be younger or older give or take) The world is similar to ours- except the whole nuclear war happening. The city is very large- even larger than New York CIty. The center is full of nicer homes, stores, and more modern conveniences like plumbing, electricity most everywhere, radios, etc. The roads are paved here and it is very urbanized. This is where the government has kept the facility. Beyond that, homes start looking worse and worse as wealthy becomes middle class and then very poor. These people live in old structures they built out of the material they could find, old structures that were there during the war, or even just live on the streets. The urban feel is still there- with paved roads but no modern technology unless stolen. They have street vendors- the sell at the risk of being robbed. Everyone is pretty violent to each other in terms of surviving. Beyond even that- the city is surrounded by a forest they are slowly weeding through for materials, food, timber, etc and more space. The forest is very dangerous- radioactive animals and toxic water sources are some things to worry about- but even more so the plant life is thick and overgrown. Most people die. Then you are getting into mountains and so forth. There are people who live in the forest, but they are deemed wild.

The government knows more about things that are outside the city. They try to keep people ignorant and scare them about the dangers that lie there. Right now, the other people who want to rage war with the developed city is somewhat unknown. They talk about other civilizations that want to take over but no one has actually seen anyone. But! There are other cities out there with their own form of government. Whether they want to attack or this city's government simply wants to take over is not known by anyone.

As for the facility, it is the highest tech places among the rabble. It started off as a bunker for important people during the bombing. It maintained many luxuries of the time before and that is a benefit of being there. Each person with abilities that are kept there is monitored 24/7 by military staff as well as doctors and nurses. They have a chip embedded into their skin that will send a wave of electricity to the host in order to prevent them from fighting. It doubles as a tracking device. They are fed 3 meals a day, trained daily, and even have times to rest and socialize. The people in charge do a lot to keep those people happy and subservient. However, if you go against them- they lock you in cages, shock you until you fall unconscious, train you mercilessly until you are broken.- you get the picture. They are attempting to brainwash you all into becoming their weapons in a world that lacks them.

Oh dear. I rambled quite a bit. I hope that helps!

That actually clears up a few of the questions I was going to ask. I still have one though: Where exactly are the people with abilities staying in the facility? Do they have their own rooms, are they all placed in one huge room with a load of bunk beds?

So they all stay in bunks- there is no designation. The nurses leave it to the people at the facility to decide where they sleep (a way to keep them appease and happy with who they stay with) We can decide some bunking situations with possible friends if you like. There are several rooms full of bunk beds- so you do not need a partner. If you misbehave- you will sleep in a cage underground- away from almost everyone. These rooms underground are reserved for experimental labs and punishments.

There are a few things that don't really make sense, but I can suspend my disbelief. Rambling is good btw, I love a good ramble.
Some other questions though: Is there only one "facility" or is does the facility also include a series of "extensions?" As in, tunnels, buildings, and other assets that may act as the public face of the facility to misdirect citizens its actual activities? How does the government operate? Since our characters are going to be heavily affected by the whims of those who pull the strings, how many layers of authority are there that may influence their lives?

Hey, you can totally question things that make no sense. I do not doubt there are some plot holes the size of the moon. The thing is the people in charge are trying to keep most everyone in the dark about the outside world. There are plenty of unknowns- and I am not just saying that because I have not thought of them... or am I??

I never thought of the tunnel system but I think that is a good idea. I would say no one who is captive there would have any idea about them or where they lead- since most stay above ground. So. Yes to all of that. Evil mastermind government misleading and manipulating from their mysterious tunnels.

There are a lot of authority levels. Does that make sense? After work sleep brain is sinking in. The authority figures that directly affect you would be: Nurses most commonly- they monitor you all the most and also give out the most orders. Doctors would be second- they make sure your vitals are good and give you blood tests etc. From there, there is a military presence- guards posted is various places (though they do not give orders for the most part) the one in charge of the facility is a decorated general (who I will make at some point) who works directly with the uh... the president of sorts. The politicians of this government do not deal directly with the people- rather they make laws and such in the dark. Hmm am I confusing you more?

P pushed Are you still open? I have a question about Skills and Powers and if it's okay to have one power but be skilled?

Well I guess it just depends on how detailed and serious you want to get on the setting. Anyway, on the government thing I was thinking more along the lines of who is in charge and how laws are made. Whoever is on the top clearly has a system that allows them to remain in power for a seemingly indefinite period, considering the long term brainwashing of the city people. Whether they have public puppets and a puppet government, or simply use control over information to remain popular, the system of government would certainly be well known through out the city, as well as the people who are in charge of the government and making the laws. If our characters want to mount some sort of resistance in order to not be used as superhuman weapons, they'd have to know something about what and who they're up against, even if its only the same information fed to the general public.

Deary Deary Yep! We are still accepting. As for your question- it really depends. Can you give me an example?

Morzone Morzone The figurehead of the government is the so-called president. He is basically Putin in terms of actually be a president (yay dictatorship) but he actually isn't the mastermind. Ohhh I have said too much ;) Just kidding- I talk too much and its a-okay. I am getting dangerously close to sleep time (a night owl with a day job is such a tragic thing)

P pushed Sure thing for example you have fire abilities but as a regular person with limited power you have regular skills like knowing how to use a sword, stealth skills or even setting traps for intruders. Basic human skills for defenses. It doesn't involve powers if you get me?

BY THE WAY

I have not made too many rps honestly. So I would appreciate suggestions and I would love to bounce off some ideas too! (I am looking at you Morzone Morzone xP) I mean... i am not like a crazy Putin dictator. Though my word is law... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back