• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern -- 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱

Characters
Here

Mood

"Like... I'm pissed I have to clean this shit up. But also confused? Like... did they wash their hands after?"

At work -- Ace Cinemas

Outfit

Ace Cinemas work uniform (Black Ace Cinemas button up shirt, black jeans, black converse shoes and her hair tied back into a ponytail)

Tag

A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

Jesus Christ…

The nineteen-year-old muttered to herself as she entered the female's bathroom of the cinema complex. The last movie of the night had just finished and at eleven-thirty at night, she was ready to go home and call it a day. Marlee had been at work since three in the afternoon and knew that it was going to be another half an hour to an hour before the crew had finished most of their duties and they could leave. Being her third shift, she had been given the lovely pleasure of giving the toilets a clean.

Luckily for her, the shop cleaner had already been in an hour prior, so all that was really need to be done was wipe down the sinks and make sure there weren’t any floating turds in the toilets. Well, as soon as she stepped into that bathroom, her hand automatically raised to her mouth and pinched her nose. It smelt like someone had decided to throw dog shit on the floor and roll around in it. How could one person – one woman to be exact, as it was the ladies toilets – create such a foul stench that would make her eyes water?

Well, as she began to investigate the toilets, pushing each stall door open one by one carefully, she finally found it. Not only did it smell like someone had rolled around in their mess, but it also looked like it too. Marlee’s blue eyes widened in complete and utter horror as she saw what could only be described as a bowel massacre before her. There was just poop… everywhere. On the toilet seat. On the floor. On the walls. On the – holy crap. Her head tilted upwards to see the faintest marks of fecal matter on the ceiling. Her mouth dropped and her eyes grew into saucers. “What the fuckkkkk” fell from her lips as she looked at the murder scene before her. Rest in peace toilet. It was nice knowing you. But you know what was even worse?

She was still going to have to clean it.

The cleaners had gone home for the night, and if she left it here for them to work on in the morning, she would be fired for sure. With each passing moment, the smell was getting worse. Almost unbearable. Her eyes watered as she could feel her gag reflexes coming into play. Oh, God. She was going to vomit. Marlee dry heaved twice before making her final decision. Call her Karen; she was going to talk to the manager.

She exited the bathroom as quick as her feet could bring her. Heck, as she walked around the building trying to find the dude, she could still smell it in her nose. It was almost like the shit had burnt into her nostrils. Once she had finally located Indie, her manager, she slowly approached him. How the hell was she going to tell him? How does one tell their boss that shit had literally hit the ceiling? “Uh… Indie?” she began, bringing her hands in front of herself, fingers fiddling with one another.

Dear Lord. This was going to be one hoot of a story to tell the boy.

There’s uh… This is going to sound weird, but there’s like… shit everywhere in the bathroom” Oh dear God. “Like uh… Like… everywhere. Someone must’ve had some pretty nasty spicey food and just aimed… like… everywhere.” Oh, man. She was being really vague about it. This was a fucked up situation. Like, totally fucked. She got a job at the cinema complex, hoping to score some free movie passes. But instead, she was spending her nights picking up trash and cleaning poo from walls and ceilings.

Okay. Last attempt. And try not to sugar coat it. “Indie. Someone smeared shit all over the toilet… and wall… And floor… and uh… Ceiling too?” she finally spat out. Jesus, he was going to think that she was crazy or something.

coded by weldherwings.

now playing:
rooftop
by n.flying

"There's not a single star

It's alright, you're my universe,

shine bright for me"

mood

tonight really is not my night. welp, this is one way to bond with your new employees...

ace movie theater

outfit

spiffy little uniform

interactions

Marlee

tags

weldherwings weldherwings

Great. Computers were supposed to be man's best friend, but apparently Indie had done something to upset the computer in the Manger's office tonight. That and the printer. They always had paperwork, as the closing manager on the shift, to finish up before they could go home. He had finished quite a bit of it before they had officially closed, he would rather not get out of work at 1 am, thank you. So all he had to do was print the pages, file them, and it was good to go. But no. Not only was the wire from the computer to the printer stripped and finicky, but now there was an error code up on the screen.

Indie let out a frustrated sigh. Crouching down to where the printer was under the standing desk in the tiny office, he found a nice little message on the screen. Paper jam. He popped to top of the printer up to check. There was a paper jam alright. How the heck did all this get in here? Did someone not understand how printers worked and just shoved page after of page until it was a tangled mess of paper? He started to pull pieces of paper out, hoping not get a paper cut. They were more annoying than painful. That was when he pinched his finger in some of the gears trying to get the last pesky piece left. Indie jumped, pulling his hand back out of the printer. Tonight really wasn't his night was it? It was just about to get 20x more lovely.

“Uh… Indie?”

"Huh?" Not remembering he was under the desk, the manager popped his head up to look to see where the voice was from. Only to slam the back of his skull into the plywood. His hand went to rub the back of his head, was there already a knot? Wincing slightly as he stood up to face the employee, he smiled over at Marlee. "Yeah! What's up?" He asked in a peppy tone, pulling his hand away from his head. He noticed the look on her face. She almost looked pale, uneasy, and a bit shook-up. She fiddled with her fingers anxiously. Something was up. Marlee was one of the new hires, she had only been working for..what...a few days? He wasn't sure.

Maybe she was lost or didn't know where to find something and felt embarrassed to ask. That was what he did when he first started working here at 19. Although what came out her mouth was not something that he was expecting. “There’s uh… This is going to sound weird, but there’s like… shit everywhere in the bathroom" Oh....uh..Indie blinked at her, trying to decode what she was talking about. As she continued to talk, things became clearer. He knew what she was talking about before she even finished speaking. Wow, ok, well this wasn't new. He could assume what the stall looked like. It wasn't common, but this wasn't the first time he has heard about (or even cleaned up) a bathroom massacre like the one Marlee was trying to explain. This was totally what he wanted to deal with right now.

A deep sigh resonated from his chest. "Damn, again? And tonight? Ok, just let me grab some stuff. I'll have to check the cameras later," He told her once she was done with her long, drawn out explanation. He turned back to the desk and opened the some of the cabinets. Indie grabbed the bag of cotton balls, the mint scented blistex, and the pack of chewing gum. These things weren't exactly meant for protection from the awful fumes that propagated the poop covered bathroom, but they worked as such. "I know this looks weird and sounds weirder, but it works. Trust me," He told her as he held up the items he had found, "I'll explain in a minute. Let's grab the cleaning stuff we need." Indie gestured out towards the supply room where everything else that they needed was. He followed Marlee out of the office towards the hall. "One hell of a first week, huh?" He comment, attempting to start a conversation. Being that Marlee was so new, and they hadn't worked much together, he hadn't really gotten the chance to know her all that well. He expected, much like everyone else who worked there, to become at least work friends. He was the outgoing bubbly type. This wasn't exactly the kind of situation he was hoping to get to know her in, but...may as well make the best of a shitty situation.

indie myers

Mood

"Wait... AGAIN?!"

At work -- Ace Cinemas

Outfit

Ace Cinemas work uniform (Black Ace Cinemas button up shirt, black jeans, black converse shoes and her hair tied back into a ponytail)

Tag

A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

When the back of Indie’s head collided with the table, Marlee couldn’t help but scrunch her face. It was as if she could feel that pain and the throbbing sensation beginning to loom in the back of her head. However, it didn’t take too long for that sense of pain to do a complete one eighty turn. Now, instead of feeling pain and sorry for Indie, she was standing before him utterly and completely confused. Her brows furrowed in confusion as he had said that word, wondering if he had actually said it or if it was just her mind playing tricks on her.

Nope. He had defiantly said it. Again.

Again? Wha-” she began, stuttering over her words slightly. However, Indie continued to speak before turning to a cabinet and began to what Marlee could only explain was some sort of routine as he grabbed out the cotton balls and various other items. Wait. Was this some sort of normal thing to happen here? Did people regularly shit all over the floor and walls here? Oh, and throw their poop at the ceiling too? Because it seemed that way.

Trust me he said. Sure, yeah. Right. Trust a guy she had only just met. That was classic. Not to mention a guy who was now holding a collection of the most random items known to man. Even as he gestured for her to come to the supply room with her, Marlee had to take a moment or two to stand there in complete confusion. Wait. Why was this so natural to him? What the hell was going on?

Finally, her brain came back into drive and she quickened her step to follow her new manager. As she finally made it to his side, pretending to have been there the whole time or at least attempting to look like she wasn’t confused as all hell, she heard his question. “Oh… yes…” she exhaled, her fingers still nervously twiddling before pushing back a loose strand behind her ear. “I uh… I didn’t think I would be working with shit. I mean, it’s the movies. Who the hell rocks up to a cinema complex and thinks you know what. I’d love to take a large dump on the floor and then just like… smear it everywhere..”

The supply room was right before them as they came to a halt. As Indie’s hands were being preoccupied with some rather… unusual items… Marlee opened up the door for the pair of them to look inside to see all the glorious cleaning contents. “So… Is there some sort of like… Cleaning routine in regard to poop? I’m assuming there is as you so calmly responded to me telling you about the little explosion” she asked, leaning against the open door and crossing her arms in front of herself. “I mean… bleach? We could use it to burn our nostrils so we don’t smell anything and then on our eyes, so we don’t have to see the frigging disaster that erupted in there?

coded by weldherwings.

now playing:
rooftop
by n.flying

shine bright for me"

mood

tonight really is not my night. welp, this is one way to bond with your new employees...

ace movie theater

outfit

spiffy little uniform

interactions

Marlee

tags

Indie could definetly tell that Marlee was confused. That was a normal reaction. He was more surprised the first time something of this caliber had happened when he had first started working here. Working at a Movie theater had it's perks, but it also had it's downside. After 7 years he'd seen practically everything. Drug deals, snakes in places they shouldn't be, and people leaving interesting things in the cinema rooms, yeah, Indie was almost certain nothing could surprise him at this point.

He smiled over at the girl when she said this was not what she expected. That was understandable. Most people who got a job here didn't expect for anything crazy to happen to them on their shift. Man, were they sorely mistaken. "Yeah, I don't think anyone else expects it to happen. People are crazy," He told her with a nod. Working in any form of customer service was a roller coaster. Not a very fun one, but it was....something. Good thing this was just his day job. Well, not day job since it was night. It was just an expression.

"Thank you," Indie responded to Marlee holding the door open for him. He set the objects he had grabbed on one of the shelves while he looked for the stuff he needed. He turned his attention to Marlee as she started talking again. He was glad she was talkative and outgoing. It made this much less awkward. "Uhh, yes, maybe like two or three times?" He shrugged, "I've worked here for 7 years, I've seen some shit. Some shit involving actual shit, and some without. It's a very..." He paused, looking for the right words to say next. Marlee seemed like a good worker so far, he didn't want to scare her off. "It's a job with a lot of surprises. Sometimes you get a crappy mess and sometimes you get free popcorn," He added brightly.

He began to grab the cleaner that they'd use. Stronger than the normal disinfectant that they used up front around the food. This stuff would kill someone if they decided to drink it. He would not recommend a cleaner cocktail. Indie chuckled slightly at her suggesting that they poured bleach in their nose and eyes. "Strong chemicals for cleaning yes, but those are for our noses. Sadly, our eyes are on their own," He pointed over at the random assortment of items he had brought with him. It was something the manager on shift the first time he did this taught him. Indie wasn't sure where she had learned it from. "The chap stick goes on the cotton balls, the cotton balls go in your nose, and you just chew on the gum. It might look funny, but it works. Makes things much more bearable," He finally explained the strange collection he had started.

He set the biohazard bags out, grabbed a second bottle of cleaner, a new mop head that would be used one time and one time only, and a bunch of towels. He set all the supplies they needed onto a cart. Indie grabbed the bag of cotton balls and opened them up. He held out two towards Marlee. "Ready?" He asked. Though he was experienced, he was definitely not looking forward to this. He was most definitely taking the longest, hottest shower possible when he got home.

indie myers

Mood

"Marlee, you are a mess mate"

At work -- Ace Cinemas

Outfit

Tag

A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

He was joking, right?

Surely, he wasn’t serious. Marlee looked from her manager to the cotton balls, back to Indie, and once again to the cotton balls. There… there was no way that this was going to work. There was no way she was going to shove some cotton balls up her nose. He wasn’t serious, was he? Her eyes flashed towards her manager once more and saw that his face was… well… He was serious.

Her lips felt incredibly dry all the sudden, causing Marlee to lightly lick them before bringing her attention to the cotton balls. Just get it over and done with, Marlee, she told herself. You knew that by getting a job, it would mean your pride would be out of the window. Just try and make it seem like some sort of joke or something. Don’t take yourself so seriously. Right. Don’t take yourself seriously.

With a small nod, she reached over and took hold of the cotton balls from Indie’s hands. She then took hold of the chapstick and began to independently – like the strong woman she told herself to be – put some of the chapsticks onto the cotton balls. Finally, she took scrunched up one of the balls and shoved it straight into her nostril. Rather too enthusiastically, if you ask me. Her eyes widened all the sudden. Holy shit. Did she just touch her brain with the cotton ball? Wait – oh my god.

I think it’s stroking the tip of my brain” she said with a muffled tone thanks to her brain forgetting that she could actually breathe through one nostril. The smell of the chapstick flooded her nostril and began to make its way down the back of her throat, tickling it. Oh God, she could taste the chapstick. Oh God, was this how she was going to go in life? With a cotton ball stuck up her nose like a toddler? She could see her headstone now; death by cotton ball stuck up her nose.

And now to make matters worse, she could feel herself dry heaving. The tickle in the back of her throat caused by the chapstick was telling her brain hey mate, it’s about time you vomited. She needed to get this cotton ball out of her damn nose. It was way too far in and if she accidentally inhaled through her nose, Lord knows it would probably get stuck inside her skull or something. She tried using her index finger and thumb to take hold of the cotton ball in an attempt to pull it out but… oh God. She couldn’t get a grasp on it.

Desperate times come for desperate measures.

Confidently, she placed her finger upon her other nostril in order to seal it shut. And with one swift blow through her nose, the cotton ball came flying out of her nostril and onto the cleaning cart before her. “Oh my God,” she gasped, feeling the sweet relief of having both of her nostrils to finally breathe and that tickling sensation no longer present. “How the hell did I almost kill myself with a damn cotton ball up my nose? Imagine the paperwork you would’ve had to fill out for that one

Taking hold of the other cotton ball which she had lathered up, she looked at it curiously before looking at Indie. And once again, looking back at the cotton ball. This was too weird. She couldn’t ask him… could she? Like… that was weird, wasn’t it? You know what – screw it. She had almost died from her own attempt. “So uhh…” she began, squishing the cotton ball in her hand “You wanna… help a girl out and… shove a cotton ball into her nose so she doesn’t kill herself… and you don’t have to do paperwork?

coded by weldherwings.

now playing:
rooftop
by n.flying

shine bright for me"

mood

I don't want to be stuck doing paper work in jail, thanks.

ace movie theater

outfit

spiffy little uniform

interactions

Marlee

tags

Marlee looked at him with complete and utter disbelief when he told her the game plan. That was probably a normal response. Again, this wasn't exactly a usual situation so it called for pretty unusual methods of taking care of it. As she slowly took the cotton balls that he held out for her, he finished setting all their cleaning supplies on the cart. Right. He wanted to triple check that they had everything and....

“I think it’s stroking the tip of my brain,”
He heard from the girl beside him. Indie turned his attention back to the employee to see only one of the cotton balls left in her hand and the other was....just gone. His eyes widened, Marlee really shoved it up there. He probably should have told her that she only had to put it in there enough, not all the way until it said hi to your frontal lobe.

Indie's mouth opened as he started to try and say something to her about how to do the next one. He stopped when she inhaled, the panic on her face very evident. In one moment she was trying to shove her fingers up her nose and in the next Indie watched the cotton ball shoot across the room like a snot rocket. His attention was pulled from the cotton ball now on the floor over to the girl as she complained of almost killing herself with the piece of cotton. He couldn't help but stifle a chuckle. "I reckon that will take me the rest of the night to fill out. Possibly from a holding cell," He added.

Grabbing the pack of gum from his pocket, he unfolded a piece and stuck it in his mouth. Marlee once again started speaking. Indie watched her with interest as she asked for help with this cotton ball so that the mountain of paper work would not become a problem. He smiled warmly. Sure it was an odd request, but what he was asking her to do wasn't exactly normal either. "Yeah sure, no problem," He agreed without a hitch and took the cotton ball that she was currently holding.

Carefully, Indie rolled the cotton into a more manageable size. Bringing the cotton ball up, he gently pushed the end into her one nostril, leaving the rest to sit outside of her nose. "Okay?" He asked, making sure she was alright, and not choking on the smell of blistex. Indie took a new cotton ball from the bag. "Did you grow up in the area?" He asked, not looking up as he covered the white puff in chapstick, rolling it up once more, and doing the same to her other nostril. "Wow, that is a look," He joked as he stepped back and admired his handy work. He nodded, happy with the results, but dreading the up coming job they'd have to do. That was not going to be pleasant no matter how many times you did it.

indie myers

Mood

"Dear Lord... no"

At work -- Ace Cinemas

Outfit

Tag

A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

A warm smile began to spread upon Marlee’s face as she listened to her manager have a chuckle and responding to her with a joke. His words were comforting and there was a warmth to his charm. And for a split second, she felt herself freeze on the inside. Slowly, but surely, it started from her chest and began to spread through her body. She frowned at herself for a moment, confused by the feeling that was overcoming her and trying to question it. What exactly was her body trying to tell her?

Yeah sure, no problem

Her eyes flickered from the dead space she had been zoning out on to Indie who was now gently pushing the cotton ball up her nose with kindness and ease. And that was it; her body felt stone cold. She couldn’t move. Her brain wasn’t functioning. And for a split moment, the only feeling she could feel was the water beginning to well in her eyes. Her inner consciousness was screaming at her to move but her body wasn’t listening. And then remembered what her therapist told her. This was her fight or flight reaction.

For whatever reason, her body thought it was in danger. Her body was screaming that she was in distress or that there was a threat before her. But what was this threat? What caused her body to go into this motion? Indie? Sweet, innocent Indie, who had been nothing but an absolute amazing manager to her? Well, he had been sweet and innocent. And look what he ended up doing. The mere thought of him sent another wave through her body. Marlee could feel her heart beginning to race and her face felt flushed. She felt like her chin was beginning to tremble, to which she had to snap at herself and demand herself to stop doing so.

Okay?

Marlee. He’s talking to you. Speak. Tell him that it’s okay. That the cotton ball is up there. Marlee. Speak.

But the words weren’t coming out. Her mouth felt dry, her heart was skyrocketing, and everything else he was saying was falling onto deaf ears. Him asking where she grew up, and then making his statement about how classy she looked just sounded like muffled white noise to her. Dear Lord. Was she about to have a panic attack? Maybe her Mum had been right. Maybe it had been too soon to get back into the workforce. Maybe she should’ve just stayed at home and wait a couple more months when she had an established therapist here in Perth. But no. Marlee had to be stubborn and jump right back in.

I-I’m…” she paused for a moment, surprised that she had been able to find her voice again. “I need to…” Her sentences came in soft whispers, struggling to fully form all the words. She could feel her knees starting to wobble, and she instantly knew that it was time for her breathing exercises that her therapist back home had taught her. Hell, she had been hoping that it wouldn’t have to come to it at all.

So, without another word, Marlee crouched down before sitting down upon the floor. She closed her eyes and was about to begin the deep inhale – completely forgetting about those damn cotton balls again. Okay, that wasn’t going to happen. She wasn’t going to die with both of those damn things lodged in her brain. Quickly pulling them out, she titled her head up with her eyes closed and beginning to slowly inhale through her nose before releasing the exhale from her mouth. It was meant to be relaxing and peaceful – but heck, her rapid heart race was making it hard to make it relaxing and peaceful. Not to mention the impending thought of what this might’ve looked like to her new boss.

coded by weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back