• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Doki Doki Vol. 1

Choice: Swimming

Choice: Swimming

"Swimming," you say as you cross your arms and stare Daichi down. He actually smirks at your reaction it seems, not really bothered by your obvious minor upset at his misjudgment of you!

"Interesting yet again. I'm on the swim team, perhaps I should recruit you for the team. There are tryouts soon and if you are a decent swimmer perhaps you should join the team," he suggestions.

That catches you off-guard and your puffed-up self who was ready to get into a verbal spar deflates. There was no reason you couldn't try out for the team. "Don't stress on it," he says as if he can read your mind, "It's your choice. I'd rather have an eager and willing team mate than someone who wants to be doing something else. Think about it and if you decide to join just let me know when you see me."

Daichi excuses himself as he turns to greet someone else who has approached before turning back to you once again. "The Sports Club is actually the best way to for all of us teams to mingle together rather than separately. The teams try to be supportive of each other, though we also are a bit competitive as well and will play against each other on any given sport sometimes. Just a word of advice though, avoid the Gambling Club. They aren't a recognized club of the school and if you're caught you'll get expelled the same day. They're like vultures."

A Gambling Club? What was this, some anime series turned live action? You simply nod your understanding and decide that it wasn't worth getting expelled... and you sucked at all card games anyway. "Well, club is basically over, if you'll excuse me I am going to the Campus Cafe."

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
Ask to join Daichi.
[div class=buttons]
Return to your dorm.
[/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Ask to join Daichi.
[/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentTwo" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-certificate[/fa] Return to your dorm.
[/div] [/div]
[script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask to join Daichi.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Return to your dorm.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#3590b2; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Ask to join Daichi.

I like Daichi >.> And we can talk about the swimming club.

Ask to join Daichi. I dun see why not :3, he's turned out to be a pretty good guy it seems. Mah heart is still set on Hana, but well, there likely won't be opportunities to see her until school the next day I'd imagine.

Choice: Ask to join Daichi.

Choice: Ask to join Daichi.

"Can I some with you? I haven't stopped by there yet and I've been curious about it, also some tea sounds good," you ask to join Daichi. He gives up a nod before turning to leave, but he pauses to wait for you before heading out. "Is it a big cafe?" you ask as you walk beside Daichi.

"It's large enough to serve the student's and faculty."

"Must be pretty big then. I guess student's can work there if they wanted to?"

Daichi's eyes slid over to you for a moment before returning to look ahead, "No student works there. This is Eitoku, why would the children of the wealthy work that sort of job? I had my suspicion about you. I had heard there was a rare scholarship student in our year, seems it's you. Only a scholarship student would ask such a question."

You frown and glare at Daichi, "Oh that's horribly rude you know! You would think the rich could afford some manners!"

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
Continue to give Daichi a piece of your mind.
[div class=buttons]
Go to your dorm in a huff.
[div class=buttons]
Find your way to the cafe on your own.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-bolt[/fa] Continue to give Daichi a piece of your mind.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-ban[/fa] Go to your dorm in a huff.
[/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentThree" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-coffee[/fa] Find your way to the cafe on your own.
[/div] [/div]
[script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Continue to give Daichi a piece of your mind.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Go to your dorm in a huff.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Find your way to the cafe on your own.") (show ChoiceContentThree) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#3590b2; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Continue to give Daichi a piece of your mind. So what if we are the scholarship student? We have the same right to be here as everyone!

Choice: Continue to give Daichi a piece of your mind.

Choice: Continue to give Daichi a piece of your mind.

Daichi actually seemed to realize what mistaken he had done in going the route he had regarding your status as a scholarship student. "I had to work hard to earn this scholarship to attend this school. You wouldn't you think that the effort I put into getting here is more impressive than it just being handed to me? I made it here by own work and with the support of my family, not buying my way in with money, but earning it."

"I did not mean for it to come out as offensive," Daichi tries to say, raising an eyebrow at your little fit.

"Oh, really? I find that hard to believe that you didn't know that the way you said that was anything other than rude!"

"But, it really is the type of question someone unfamiliar with-"

"Ohhhh, just shut it! Stop with the excuses! Honestly, you don't even seem to be able to apologize either!"

"If you would please stop ranting for a moment and not interrupt me - which itself is also rude - you might get your apology. I am above a simple 'I'm sorry' which is lacking in genuine remorse compared to a real apology."

He actually snapped a bit at you, but his face only looked annoyed and frustrated rather than enraged. It causes you to snap your mouth shut, ooohhh you hated he had a point about you interrupting him. So, you cross your arms and stare him down with flushed embarrassment and annoyance.

"As I was saying. I did not mean to be offensive, in my mind it was a simple matter of fact. Only one who was unfamiliar with standard Eitoku life would ask such a question - such as a scholarship student - and ergo I stated as such. Perhaps I could have been more delicate in the words I chose, but I've always been fairly blunt."

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
Keep arguing.
[div class=buttons]
Forgive Daichi.
[div class=buttons]
Go to the cafe alone.[/div][div class=buttons]
Go to your dorm.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-bolt[/fa] Keep arguing.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Forgive Daichi.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-coffee[/fa] Go to the cafe alone.
[/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentFour" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-building[/fa] Go to your dorm.
[/div] [/div]
[script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Keep arguing.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Forgive Daichi.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Go to the cafe alone.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Go to your dorm.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#3590b2; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Forgive Daichi.

He keeps having these logical points >.> Maybe we're oversensitive about our scholarship-girl status.

Go to the cafe alone. Maybe getting away from Daichi for a little bit might be a good idea, and a tea might go down well to calm our irritability

Last edited:
Forgive Daichi. The boi has always not exactly had a way with words, we knew this going in, and dang, we certainly chewed him a new one O.o. *Daichi huggles*

Last edited:
Forgive Daichi. I just wanted to make things clear and avoid any condescendence. I think the message is clear. Besides, it was not volontarily hurtful. It never is with him. I can relate. Is he autistic? He could be. Hum...

Choice: Forgive Daichi.

Choice: Forgive Daichi.

Your anger deflates ever so slightly as Daichi explains himself. It was sort of an apology, right? Still, you were sensitive about being a scholarship student because you heard from so many that they were given a hard time because they weren't one of the rich kids. It wasn't that you were trying to hide the fact that you were one of the few that made it into the school in this way, but you also didn't want to go around making a fuss that you were and drawing attention you wouldn't want. Attention from people who would regard you as lesser because you came from an average middle-class family.

"L-Look, it just feels like you were looking down on my the way you said it. I know you may not have meant it that way, but that's how it made me feel. It's kind of sensitive for me because I don't want people to judge me based on that."

"Understandable, the same could be said for anyone else here though, to desire not to be judged by some standard others have set, but never-the-less it happens. Rather than allowing yourself to let them affect your happiness, just find people worthy of your time and don't waste that time on those who would belittle you."

You had both reached the cafe by this time and you hadn't even noticed since you were staring at your feet for the rest of the way. Daichi opens the door for you and you step inside and see a cafe large enough to comfortably seat at least fifty people inside. The line was a bit long, but it was after school so perhaps this was normal. Daichi lets you get in line ahead of him.

"As a token of apology, and hopefully this also won't offend you with this offer, I'll buy your drink."

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
Let him buy your drink.
[div class=buttons]
Politely decline.
[div class=buttons]
Offer to buy Daichi's drink.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-coffee[/fa] Let him buy your drink.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-ban[/fa] Politely decline.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-certificate[/fa] Offer to buy Daichi's drink.
[/div] [/div]
[script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Let him buy your drink.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Politely decline.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Offer to buy Daichi's drink.") (show ChoiceContentThree) [/script] [class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#3590b2; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back