• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom doki doki literature club chapter 1 (interest check)

Limerick.Grimoire

~*~ Lost In A world Ill never understand ~*~
Doki Doki Literature club,
chapter 1

yo yo its ya boi social

"Every day, I imagine a future where I can be with you"

yo yo
Hi! Spacey here with yet another interest check! this time its for a game that has recently become somewhat popular, ddlc or known as Doki Doki literature club. now this will be a tad different, .

the personalities are the same of course but no death will come into play here unless that is, you drop out of the role play, then of course we will temporarily kill of that character until the role is taken again, having the person who is playing monika 'delete' that said character until someone takes the role, then having the character 'reinstalled', anyways, enough about the mechanics! lets get on to the meat of the plot!
so this long-term roleplay takes place in Maxwell Highschool (sorry, it never specified in the game so I made something up), it is a fairly large school with many students, you are a part of the schools literature club along with initially three girls (I will allow oc's as well), they all are very different in personality and all great in their own ways, but they each have their secrets, will you uncover those secrets? maybe make friendships and possibly romances along the way?

yo yo
Monika -OPEN-
Monika is the literature club presidant, Monika is noted by the other characters to be smart, confident and athletic. She is not as talkative as the other girls, but this is implied to not be through choice. She always has a calm, gentle expression and is portrayed as mature and hard-working.

Monika had previously been a part of the Debate Club but left due to all the inner politics and drama, highlighting a desire for order, freedom of topics and friendliness. The Literature Club, which she founded after leaving the Debate Club, is very important to her. She aspires for it to be a place to showcase and grow everyone's passion for literature.

Monika is a very considerate and nice person who was always thinking about other people. She openly displays care and concern for her club mates, praising each member's writing style and even comparing them to famous authors and poets, though she always had this sort of underlying edge.
Yuri -TAKEN-

claimed by Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire
3d496f77384caba385bc9297f0dd8dfa.png

Yuri is shown to express maturity and sophistication, and she is noted to be extremely beautiful. She has long straight dark purple hair and light purple eyes, and she wears purple barrettes on both sides of her head, positioned upon long strands of hair close to her bangs. Her clothing is the standard warm-gray blazer with a brown sweater vest over a white collared shirt topped off with a red ribbon. She has a dark blue skirt, white knee socks, and white uwabaki slippers with sky-blue tips. When the player chooses to work with Yuri, she wears a beige turtleneck sweater with black leggings. The protagonist describes her movements as surprisingly elegant due to her long legs.

Yuri is the tallest female character in the game, standing at 5' 5" (165 cm) in the game's concept stage. She is also the most physically developed, adding to her traits of maturity and insecurity.

Yuri is portrayed throughout the majority of the game as being shy, generous, polite, passionate about topics she is interested in, apologetic, very intelligent, mature, and eloquent, although she is also very insecure, awkward and has a tendency to act slightly condescending and patronizing to hide her self-doubt. Her facade of passivity and level-headed-ness occasionally breaks, however, as Yuri does argue passionately and aggressively with Natsuki over their differing opinions on writing styles. Yuri has a deep desire to be liked by others and is afraid to speak her mind on matters as she believes it will make her seem unlikable. Due to her social ineptitude, she can be innocently insensitive, but once she realizes what she said could be considered rude, she almost immediately apologizes, repeatedly saying she did not mean it. As stated by the protagonist, Yuri likes to think before she says something.

Yuri is the "shrinking violet" (a term to describe a character who prefers to blend in with the scenery than to attract unwanted attention) or "dandere" of the club members because of her constant apologetic nature. The attribution is also because of being shy to discussions beyond her category of interest, her interests being literature, horror, and general surrealism, which she examines and articulates expertly and encourages others to follow as well. Yuri prefers poetry that uses metaphorical symbolism and enjoys collecting unusual ornate knives, implicitly occasionally used for self-harm.

Yuri takes great pride in her poetry and perceives her poetry as being superior to that of the other club members, especially Natsuki. this is a coping mechanism for her deep insecurity and self-doubt, convincing herself that she is the sophisticated, mature one and that her critics or rivals are immature and childish. This can make her seem arrogant and patronizing to those unfamiliar to her. This desire to seem intellectual and high-brow is reflected in her poetic style. Her poems are so full of metaphors and advanced language that the meaning is often obscured, or even lost. In Monika's Talk, Monika wonders whether Yuri is as passionate about certain topics (such as tea) as she makes out, or whether she is "just concerned about appearing sophisticated to everyone else."

Yuri has trouble making and keeping friends, as she tends to come on too strongly, due to her intense desire to be liked. It is said that she used to be judged for her appearance and mannerisms, providing another possible explanation as to why she secludes herself to have an introverted lifestyle. She is, however, a generous and giving person, exemplified by her giving a copy of "Portrait of Markov" to the protagonist and for bringing tea to the Literature Club to help soothe the mind and help stay focused during reading
Natsuki -OPEN-

Aayy3JQ.jpg

Natsuki has short, straight pastel pink hair and pink eyes. She also has a red hourglass-shaped hair clip at the right side of her bangs, as well as two red ribbons forming two small twin-tails. The rest of her hair is short and she has small bangs on the side of her face and small locks of hair on her forehead. Unlike the other girls, her canine teeth are longer than the rest of her teeth, making them visible when she opens her mouth wide enough.

Natsuki wears the traditional school uniform just like the other characters for the majority of the game, which is a warm gray blazer and underneath it is a brown sweater vest over a white collared shirt topped off with a red ribbon and also a dark blue skirt, white knee socks and white uwabaki slippers with a sky blue tip. If the player chooses her path on Day 3, she will wear a light pink ruffled skirt with a black trim, a white shirt with short sleeves decorated with a light pink cat face on the left side of her chest and light pink trims along the edges of the sleeves. Under the shirt, two black bra straps can be seen.

She is the shortest character in the Literature Club, a feature that results in people commonly mistaking her for a first-year student. Her short stature is thought to be because of her being younger than the rest of the cast, but it was implied by Monika and Special Poem 9, "Things I Like About Papa", to be from malnourishment.

Natsuki appears to be a brash, blunt, cranky, and seemingly arrogant girl at first, with a cute, softer interior as a result of insecurity, convincing Monika enough to class her as the embodiment of a tsundere. While she is impulsive and can speak without thinking, Natsuki truly cares about her friends and, even when she has obvious anger issues, doesn't enjoy fights or arguments with people. Over the course of the game, it is shown that she worries about Yuri, and, on one occasion, she gives the protagonist a note asking him to help Yuri, fearing that if she spoke out then it would cause more arguments. Natsuki is very stubborn and has a hard time expressing how she feels and what she wants. When repeatedly challenged, she often becomes awkward and tongue-tied, then aggressive, and then simply bursts into tears.

Her cute interior also involves a love of manga and anime, particularly those in the slice-of-life genre, and baking. She has been known to store her manga collection in the Literature Club out of embarrassment; another reason (hinted at) is because her father would be angry while the rest of the club obviously knows about her interest, and she is still hesitant to talk about it. Natsuki also likes cute things, such as cupcakes with cat faces, and prefers poems with cuter, happier words, though her own poems are still about sad things, such as being persecuted for the protagonist's hobbies. Natsuki believes that it's important to be able to express something deep with few words. Her simplistic writing style puts her at odds with Yuri, who has a more extravagant style.

Natsuki dislikes being called "cute," even when she acts as such or does cute things, and she will deny any claims from others relating to this; nevertheless, she is much more comfortable exposing her sweet side once she knows people aren't going to tease her about it. Natsuki hates it if she isn't taken seriously, whether it's her writing, her hobbies, or just her overall demeanor. It is likely Natsuki learned to be ashamed of herself and her hobbies because her classmates judge her and because of her implied abusive father, making her abrasive nature a coping mechanism. This is also implied in a secret poem, "Things I Like About Papa", which is most likely written by her.

Sayori -TAKEN-

taken by SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines

140620831-352-k334072.jpg

Sayori has coral pink hair, cut short and slightly curled at the ends, with a large red bow on the left side of her head. Her eyes are sky blue, and she is of average height and weight. She wears the normal school uniform like the other members of the Literature Club, which is a warm grey blazer with a brown sweater vest underneath it over a white collared shirt topped off with a red ribbon, though unlike the others, Sayori keeps her blazer unbuttoned. She also wears a dark blue skirt, white knee socks and white uwabaki slippers with sky blue tips. The protagonist points out to Sayori the next club day how she rushes to get herself ready in the morning, resulting in disheveled hair, a displaced bow, and some toothpaste on her often crooked collar.

When outside the school, Sayori wears a pink shirt with rolled-up long sleeves and blue shorts. During her death, she is seen wearing a brown collared white dress shirt, which has a pocket on each side of her chest, with brown folds and six black buttons, the top one being unbuttoned, and she also wears red shorts. She is the second shortest in-game to Natsuki.

Sayori is portrayed as the archetype of a Genki Girl, expressing a talkative and cheery disposition. She is very clumsy, noted for finding ways to accidentally hurt herself or to drop things. Regardless, she is proved to be a cunning individual who can trick others to get food. She is usually the only character, other than the protagonist, shown to break up arguments, Monika noting her sentiments is necessary to keeping a relaxing atmosphere in the Literature Club (proven by her absence in Act 2). Monika notes that while she may look like a good leader, Sayori is usually better when it comes to dealing with people, notably at mediations. Sayori tries her best to help everyone be happy and dislikes attention directed at her well-being because she feels unworthy of anything that others have to offer her.

Sayori's depression makes her disorganized, and she often "cannot find a reason to get out of bed in the morning"; her room, which the protagonist regularly cleaned for her, is also noted to be untidy. The protagonist notes how there hasn't been much change in her, Sayori also doesn't seem to think highly of herself. Her relationship with the protagonist and other people's happiness are her main coping mechanisms since she believes that if she makes everyone else happy, she will not have a reason whatsoever to be unhappy.

Original character -TAKEN-

taken by xAlter xAlter )
info will be added at a later date due to no original characters being submitted yet
Original character -OPEN-
info will be added at a later date due to no original characters being submitted yet
Mc -OPEN-

The protagonist's largest appearance is shown once in Act 1 when Sayori hugs him. Only the back of him is visible, revealing that he has short, dark brown hair and pale skin. His arms also appear in Acts 1 and 2.

He is around Sayori or Monika's height. If choosing to write poems for Sayori, you can see from his actions with her and through his P.O.V. that he's slightly taller than her.

Personality

The protagonist was designed to function like a typical visual novel protagonist. He acts blunt and mean towards Sayori, his childhood friend; teases Natsuki, the tsundere; is warm to Yuri, the shy girl; and falters around Monika, the popular girl. According to Dan Salvato, he is deliberately given very little focus.

More specifically, the protagonist is an underachiever, preferring to play video games and watch anime instead of applying himself and having friends. Despite this, when he does interact with others, he tries to be kind and thoughtful. He takes note of how people around him are acting and feeling, although more subtle things may go over his head. He is shown to be clever and observant in Act 1.

He tries his best to help even when he is out of his depth, as seen when he tries to ease Sayori's depression even though he does not understand.

He shows a distaste towards those who are judgmental, shown by a scene in Natsuki's route, and in Yuri's route, he is accepting of Yuri's interest in knives, highlighting an open-minded personality.

The protagonist is true to his word and always attempts to keep his promises; he works harder if he knows people are counting on him.

Although the protagonist's primary interests are self-oriented, he does show a liking towards "cute girls", deciding to join the Literature Club on the basis of cute girls attending.

Last edited:
Potentially interested. Are all OC's female, or can they be male as well?

oh! and while I'm at it, would you mind giving me some feedback on the codeing? I know its not the prettiest but I tried :)

It's really nice! Considering I lack any talent in coding for this site, nice job!

thanks! It took a while to figure out but I am happy with the way it turned out! It wasn't to complicated was it?

The only part the I find a bit difficult is the listing of characters, but other than that, it's perfect! Also, when do you want my OC info by?

hold off on that for now, I'll have all original character players send me their cs via pm once we get more roles filled and whatnot

yeah, I agree, you seem like someone more lighthearted and suitable for the role of sayori, I may end up taking monika if no-one else does, though if someone does I still will be tmporarilly playing her if players drop out to rp the 'deletion' process as monika.

That works though Monika is probably the most popular character in the series. I'm pretty sure she'll get snatched up, but hey I could be wrong.

oh, yeah, personally Sayori Is my favorite character but yuri is a close second, I honestly feel like sayori and natsuki are hella underappreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back