• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Does height restrict work on other attachments?

FoolsErin

when you at the when you you when the
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Does height restrict work on other attachments? Like say I put it around a YouTube video, would it work? I thought I heard something about this on an ooc discord server, but I want to confirm.

Does height restrict work on other attachments? Like say I put it around a YouTube video, would it work? I thought I heard something about this on an ooc discord server, but I want to confirm.
The answer is yes, you can use it on attached media, however this won't shrink down the YT media player in the slightest but rather clip it from the bottom to top to fit the height which:
Why can't we clip out sections of the embed player from Youtube?
This is not allowed due to Youtube's ToS.
Youtube's ToS (Terms of Service) clearly states;

"If you use the Embeddable Player on your website, you may not modify, build upon, or block any portion or functionality of the Embeddable Player, including but not limited to links back to the YouTube website."

If you want to reduce the size of the YT embed you have to re-size it via width, not height.

Are you simply trying to make it smaller or are you trying to 'hide' because currently the best option is to use the bbcode accordion as it's not truly clipping or blocking the functionality of the embed player as it can be expanded (but also closed):

The answer is yes, you can use it on attached media, however this won't shrink down the YT media player in the slightest but rather clip it from the bottom to top to fit the height which:

If you want to reduce the size of the YT embed you have to re-size it via width, not height.

Are you simply trying to make it smaller or are you trying to 'hide' because currently the best option is to use the bbcode accordion as it's not truly clipping or blocking the functionality of the embed player as it can be expanded (but also closed):

I was just trying to shrink it down. For what I’m doing I don’t need it to be the size of the damn sun.

I was just trying to shrink it down. For what I’m doing I don’t need it to be the size of the damn sun.
Then resize via width. ;3
[div=width:200px;margin:auto;][media=youtube]BfwdyIFETXE[/media][/div]
makes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back