Chitchat Does anyone have Anorexia, Depression, and anxiety?

Well the good news is you can’t be forced to take medicine as an adult.

Therapy depends on if you can find a therapist you like or you can try to manage it on your own.

Myself, it’s a combination of therapy and managing it on my own.

It might be best to tell your family or friends so you can have some support but that is your own decision. Not every family is accepting of mental illness.

Well the good news is you can’t be forced to take medicine as an adult.

Therapy depends on if you can find a therapist you like or you can try to manage it on your own.

Myself, it’s a combination of therapy and managing it on my own.

It might be best to tell your family or friends so you can have some support but that is your own decision. Not every family is accepting of mental illness.

I've told two friends

I don't have anorexia, but I was treated for OSFED in the past and currently receiving medication and therapy.

Borderline and some physical symptoms similar to fibro. It made me alienated from everything and everyone. I do have a light in the darkness, a little world created in my head over the years where I can fit.

Anxiety and depression for a little over ten years, starting in middle school. Tried medication but it lost efficacy after a while and I didn’t want to perpetually increase the dosage for the rest of my life (plus it made me gain a ridiculous amount of weight). Last year I finally broke down and went the route of counselling in tandem with a naturopath (not a quack in this case, she’s closer to a nutritionist) and now I’m in a better mental state than before middle school. Also not on any medication.

it doesn’t seem possible to get better while you’re in the thick of it, but you definitely can. Theres always hope <3

The latter two of the three for me. Lots of roleplayers that I'm friends with have similar issues. It's kind of weird and interesting how common it is, just like how Gowi Gowi noticed that roleplayers tend to come from broken homes.

This thread went kind of dormant, but I appreciate the... curious eyes for finding people with similar issues(apologies if I used the wrong word there.)

I have diagnosed depression and anxiety and used to take medicine for it. There are some other things that go into that story, but they're too personal. I got off the meds when I moved. I noticed when I got off the medicine I became aware that I was far less creative while on the medicine. They were also stunting my want to write.

Medicine is different for everyone, but it didn't work for me. And I'd rather figure out other outlets to self-improve than pumping myself full of chemicals that try and rebalance other chemicals. While also giving you terrible side effects in the process.

I'm not sure if you're looking for advice, but, there are others here with similar issues I'm sure. And maybe it'll help to know people with a familiarity, just know you aren't alone even when you are. And if anyone who has these things wants to talk about it, I don't mind being a listener. You guys are all pretty awesome for standing up to yourselves. And I mean that in a literal sense.

Hello, anxiety here. It makes some situations harder to get through and I have panic attacks, but hey, my life is fine enough :)

I am lucky, though some friends have not come through to be as supportive as I needed them to be, I have plenty who have been more than supportive of me being a complete mess, especially when I am going through tough shit.

I am a mess, but god bless this mess cause this mess is mine. :)

Depression and anxiety. Been struggling for a couple of years now with chronic depression. Though I have been trying to push through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back