Video Games Do you think CD PR are screwing up with the whole first person perspective in Cyber Punk 2077

like, am I the only one who think CD PR are screwing up ? like don't get me wrong .... I will play it ... I am not one of those people who will boycott them for it ... I am not an idiot who will miss a game of the year over it.

But I still feel like they are screwing up - They included a character creation for Christ sake ........ like you add an option to make your own character and they decided to make it first person! so you won't EVEN SEE THEM.....? SO what the point ???? I get it in an online game because you get seen by another player bit CP 2077 IS STRICTLY Singleplayer .... so nobody gets to seem. like I get it .... you see them in cutscenes and maybe in dialog, the camera might be pulled back but still........ I want to see my character move and react to the world you want too

Just look at the attached images -
View attachment 461900

Just look at how amazing the characters are ...... [ like the female is nothin' special but the male one look more badass then Geralt honestly ...... or if that might be too much maybe as badass as him ...... and these just might be the first pre-made character ... imagine what you can do when you had it .....

Honestly, I am just hoping .... not that they remove the first person perspective because I am sure there are people who are happy about it but put in a third person like fallout does and leave it to the players to decide you know? like those who are to take on the world of cp 2007 in FP can but also those who want it in third person also you know

but like I said ..... THIS IS CD PR .... I am not gonna miss a game of the year over perspectives.... but I wonder if anyone agrees with me on this and if you have any hope they might have third person option hidden currently?

What I want is for CD Project RED to stick with their original vision. I really don't care which camera perspective they choose. If you would ask me what I would prefer, maybe third person, but that doesn't change a thing about my attitude towards this game. CDPR and those who saw the closed-doors demo say there's a good reason for sticking with FPP, and I trust that. All things considered, I would rather see the gameplay with my own eyes first before I pass judgement on the whole matter.

Last edited:
What I want is for CD Project RED to stick with their original vision. I really don't care which camera perspective they would choose. If you would ask me what I would prefer, maybe third person, but that doesn't change a thing about my attitude towards this game. CDPR and those who saw the closed-doors demo say there's a good reason for sticking with FPP, and I trust that. I would rather see the game myself first before putting my foot down on the whole matter.

i get it where you are coming from ... but those small amoount of lucky people who actually got shown the demo aren't good people to count on .... i count on the million of gamer who are raging ... raging so much that they had to actually refuse any fpp and tpp threads ......... also beside the stupid thing that you have character creator but you only see your character in well made scenes and maybe see him or her bit in the car ,,,,,, is stupid ...... they should of did a pre-set character ,,,,,, u i would of been way less psised of if they did .... character creators should only be in tpp .... because what is the point of worknig hours on yoru character[ i mean actual hours ] for you to barely see them

plus that first person views cause a lot of dizziness in gamers ... to a point that it actually is unplayable ........... and i mean people really got hurt with this ..... really got hurt .... for example thief has a horrid camera systhem .... like again like you said until i actually see gameplay for myelf i can;t say but for me personally first person makes me dizzy..... i barely play any fpp . the one i played are far cry series ... but that is because most game is gun play ...... but in cp 2077 - there is melee and magic or cybercanectic or sumthin .... which 90% cause major dizziness ... like you can avoid fps melee and magic but .... that is large section of the game to begin with .......... so honestly they just made it just more problemetic for em to begin with .......

those small amoount of lucky people who actually got shown the demo aren't good people to count on
???

The vast majority of those "lucky people" were press journalists, and their reports are pretty consistent.
i count on the million of gamer who are raging ... raging so much that they had to actually refuse any fpp and tpp threads
I counted 7 people on Twitter. If people are going to throw away the whole game (which they've seen almost no gameplay of) because of something as innocuous as the camera angle, then that's their problem, not the devs'
plus that first person views cause a lot of dizziness in gamers ... to a point that it actually is unplayable
This is a fair reason, and I sympathize with those who face that sort of obstacle. Forgive me if I sound ignorant, but I believe many FP titles have settings such as an FOV slider, head bobbing toggle, etc. in order to mitigate the effects of motion sickness. Granted, it might not be enough for some, but it would show they'd be willing to compromise.

Last edited:
Why do people suddenly get angry about the tiniest things. You will see your character in multiple screens, cutscenes, and actions. It doesn't matter.

How about we talk about what seems too be the best game of the year here? Like, seriously. This looks gorgeous.

???

The vast majority of those "lucky people" were press journalists, and their reports are pretty consistent.

Nah..... reporter doesn't make it any different for me ... i prefer the people opinion on these. not reporter which will post their own opinion in the first place ..

I counted 7 people on Twitter. If people are going to throw away the whole game (which they've seen almost no gameplay of) because of something as innocuous as the camera angle, then that's their problem, not the devs'

Lol - like i said they literary banned peopel from talking about fpp/tpp on their website's forum - its pretty clear it more then 7 angry twitter fans lol also.... it is the devs problem..... its their game.... with the game comes responsibility and when peopel don't agree they are going to lash out ..... but what cd chooses to do...... cower ..... just refused to upright see people opinion on a huge section of the game because their thicke headed ....... when they were working on the witcher i rememeber them saying they hear what the people wanted and gave it .... but not they are hearing what the people want..... and ignoring it .... and me personally i am not going to refuse to play this game..... for me it done already right by me by simply have diverse character with different sexuality and that you can date anyone you wish if they are the righ sexuality [unlike fallout 4 lel ] and i am sure the game is going to be a game of the year ..... but still people have the right to be upset ... and show their voices ... even if you do nto agree with them you know :/

This is a fair reason, and I sympathize with those who face that sort of obstacle. Forgive me if I sound ignorant, but I believe many FP titles have settings such as an FOV slider, head bobbing toggle, etc. in order to mitigate the effects of motion sickness. Granted, it might not be enough for some, but it would show they'd be willing to compromise.

Also that is true and their was a thread about this and there are a lot of people posting on trying to avoid thsi ... i have personally played far cry and it didn't make me dizzy but again i stuck to guns mostly ..... i just hope that if they are sticking to their guns [ in as fpp only ] that they do it right at-least.

Why do people suddenly get angry about the tiniest things. You will see your character in multiple screens, cutscenes, and actions. It doesn't matter.

Why do people suddenly get angry about the tiniest thing lol .- . the perspective of a game you are going to play for hour upon hours is not tiny lol.... yeah you get to see them in cutsceen....... that is not enough to jutify character creator ..... i want to see my character move and interact with the world .... not random hands ........ this game isn;t ment to be a fpp ....... personaly i avoid rpgs that are fpp and the only reason that i am going to give this game a try is because i have fate in cd story telling [ plus same sex romance ... that get me everytime and choices ofcourse ] so no ... nto small thing an d seeing them i ncutscene are not enough lol ......

How about we talk about what seems too be the best game of the year here? Like, seriously. This looks gorgeous.

Also saying that its going to be the best game of the year and how gorgoues it look for shrot trailer and zero gameplay - is a bit much ........ yeah yeah yeah - if cd does it right it will most likely look bueatiful as fuck and yeah it will be an amazing game ... but who knows ... it might be flop lol .- . doesn't mean that they succedded on the witcher that they will succedd on every game...... but agai they most likely will lol .-,

If it's that big of a problem, why not just have the option to toggle between first and third person?

That what i was thinking ....... they should have totally went that way .... that way they still had the vision they wanted but those who prefer to play it in third person could of play it that way you know :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back