Other Do you read the Site Newsletter?

Do you read the site newsletter?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cold Ramen Noodles

This account is closed.
I'm curious. A lot of work goes into it and I'm wondering just how popular it is on the site.

So please answer this poll. :)

Yes means that you read at least a bit of it. Doesn't matter how much. If you read even just a small section of it, it counts as reading. Clicking the notifications that the newsletter has been posted does not count as reading it.

No means you don't read it at all. Nothing. You might click the notification that it has arrived and you might like the post...but if you don't read it, then it counts as not reading.

I mainly read the titles to see who or what won which section and sometimes I hover over the descriptions if it's something I know.

I wish there was more transperancy on the criteria though, as it's far from something we players and future GMs can reap lessons from if we don't get what's so good about it to begin with.

Apparently reading a tiny bit counts, so "yes".

I basically skim and look for an rp or user I'm familiar with, and I leave if nothing catches my interest.

Like Idea Idea said, whatever gets a user or an rp "nomination points" has always remained cryptic, as well.

Yes. I've read the site newsletters since I first found out they existed a few years ago (on a former account) by winning the artist of the month. I love the idea of a newsletter, though I do think the community has changed to where less and less people are interested in it.

Nope. I intentionally have email addresses I don't routinely check for signing up to sites to avoid newsletters. Nothing personal, just newsletters are an annoyance to me.

Nope. I intentionally have email addresses I don't routinely check for signing up to sites to avoid newsletters. Nothing personal, just newsletters are an annoyance to me.
It's not the newsletter where it sends you a massive list to your e-mail of "what you've missed" sort of thing some forums do. I think that was an old option before the update to opt into a "digest" type of newsletter. This newsletter is features member content, such as the roleplay of the month, member of month, etc. This newsletter is just posted as a thread in the Community Hub for those who want to read it. It's more of a 'Feature' than a 'Newsletter' to me X3

I have to admit, I hadn't read it before I saw this thread, but my curiosity was piqued and I decided to go check it out. It's actually pretty interesting, and I probably will try to read it from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back