Viewpoint Do you read RPs for fun?

i rlly like reading bad roleplays. mostly from amino bc its full of illiterate and edgy 11 year old, which is fun to watch
THIS! I know it's a bit taboo to laugh at young writers, but eventually they're gonna look back and laugh at it, too. As long as they're not being publicly scrutinized for their bad writing skills, then I think it can be fairly innocent.

I often read some of my old roleplays, especially with partners that I have been roleplaying with for a long time! I think it's nice to see the end product of it all and maybe think back to how felt writing it.
I also sometimes like to see the improvements I've made to my writing style since finishing a certain roleplay, so I do revisit my own stuff quite often.

I don't really read roleplays where I was not involved. There has never been a topic or a premise that interested me enough, so I never felt the urge to.

of course! part of the fun of roleplaying for me is finding others' good stories and reading them...i love reading rps im not in as sources of inspiration for writing style, characterization, story ideas, and just to get the vibes of how ppl interact on a website or app - how they structure their rps, character sheets, etc.

now i will say sometimes i can get extremely nervous and anxious about putting my roleplays out there for anyone to stumble across and read, since i worry my writing is bad or cringe orz

I think it's fun to skim through the different threads and see what ideas others have come up with. It's uncommon but I have read through some before that I found compelling, made me sad when they got dropped eventually lol. It's a lot like going into a book you knowing you'll only ever see the first few chapters.

Yes, in two instances.

When I'm looking for a partner, and whether someone answers my call, or I find a person interested in, I always look through their threads and replies to see if I can find their previous RPs to both see whether or not their style and mine would fit, and if they are a reliable partner. I'm afraid, I cannot keep my interest up if I get, say, two replies a month, so if that is their pace, we won't be a good match. Similarly, I won't be interested in a partner who drops RPs regularly - no one likes a ghost. My own RPs are public by default for this very reason: as a sort of showcase or portfolio, as well as a proof that I'm not a ghosting type. Either are a bit prideful, sure, but I'm willing to come off as a bit of an ass if that means finding someone to click with.

Then, there is sometimes a question of idle curiosity. I am not too good in slice of life, or romance, or high fantasy, but I'm interested in people who are; thus, if I see a title that picks my interest of a genre I'm curious about, I can pop in, read the game. If the writers are good - damn, this can go on for a very long time.

Both are a rare thing to happen, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back