Other Do you prefer pre-made characters, or to create your own?

It depends on my partner. I actually enjoy both, really. It's fun rping as something/someone outside myself. X3

Oh, so for every roleplay you always make at least 10 original characters? :P
Hey, sometimes you never see them more than once, and sometimes they don't have names. I'm notorious for NPCs when I need them.

I usually make my own. I think it allows more flexibility than reusing an established character and trying to stick with the personality and mindset of a character someone else made.

Both. But when it comes to existing characters, I need to find a way to alter them so they fit me while still maintaining those characteristics that make them who they are.

I really enjoy using my own character more than any other anyone else could make up. It makes my roleplays better, in my opinion. Taking characters from other things is something I do from time to time, but it's never regular.

As The Creator of Auror I find it an obligation to mention that I enjoy creating a character of my own over using someone else's work. However it is never a shame to use others as inspiration for your own unique ideas.

I always prefer to play my own characters, even in fandom rps. I have a lot of fun figuring out my characters, but I’m also always afraid I’ll end up going completely OOC.

Pre-made when I like to challenge myself every once in a while--otherwise, my OCs are my true children.

It depends on what the rp is and what the story might be. For certain ones I would prefer to use pre-made and for others I want to use my own original characters. My mood also comes into play, like if I'm feeling uninspired then I would go for pre-made.

It depends on the kind of rp. If it’s fandom based, I 100% would rather have a canon character over an OC. If it’s an original rp, I’d rather create my own character

Always to create my own, I dislike roleplaying canon characters - other than to add to the story I'm writing within a fandom. There's so much more creativity and fun to be had in creating OCs.

I do not enjoy canon characters. It's just...the simple fact that you can create your own characters, your own creations and have a wonderful time developing them to your desire. You cannot do that with premade characters. Your OC's literally become like your little babies <3

I'm never comfortable using someone else' characters. I have to know a character inside out to use them so I stick my own created ones, which I am highly attached to.

I generally detest pre-made characters. Even in RPs I run on tabletop or forum that have a crucial role or element (like an heiress, duke, etc), I will leave it as generally blank slate, giving the player(s) more impact on the game-world through the mere act of character creation. Now, if they decide to take one such a lofty role, I'd expect them to respect the framework of the narrative.
I just have a hard time getting into the psychology of a pre-made character, which adversely impacts my capabilities to RP them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back