Music Do you listen to a playlist when you RP?

cosmichemist

Personally, I love tailoring a playlist for a specific character or line that I'm writing. It helps me stay in character. But I do love adding songs that I feel like the characters would actually listen to and jamming out to them when I'm studying or cleaning house.

Who else does this? What character/line have you created a playlist for? And what are your favorite songs from this list? : )

My favorite playlist is the one I've created for Bigby Wolf, from the video game The Wolf Among Us. (link will open in spotify for those of you that have it).

I make playlists for my characters. Pretty much all of them I'm in love with, in fact. I can tell if I'm going to stick with a character by my interest in making a playlist for them. Yep.

My Will and Penny are a bit of Flogging Molly and The Hidden Highways and Chris Isaak and the Wailin' Jennys.

Yeessss this is such a huge thing for me when writing. I put on songs that match my characters mood, the scene, the general feel of the rp...I love it!

Sometimes I make playlists for my long-term roleplay characters and listen to that. Other times, I listen to music streams.

I absolutely love to listen to music well I rp, I'll go from like rock to rap well I do So, music is the best way to keep my interests in the rp

90s RnB/HH. My spotify is always loaded down with it. Obsessed and don't even know why? Nostalgia probably.

Also lots of nursery rhymes and Disney because baby.

Depends, my time on █████'█ ███, it was required to be able to hear every word spoken and see every letter typed, if you couldn't, you would be left out of important information for ████████. The point is, I would only listen to music when I'm informed enough to know every last detail of the ████████, people who couldn't listen would end up rushing in and ending up ████.

But for the most part, yeah, I would listen to music when I roleplayed.

I do it too, I take lot from game and movies soundtracks. Instead of making a playlist of what the character would listen to I kinda make a soundtrack for the scenes he appears in or something lol.

I listen to playlists when I roleplay. A lot of my characters just tend to be getting through life with as much ease as possible, while also trying to reach their full potential. Two songs that appear frequently on my playlists for my characters are 'I Keep Ticking On' by the Harmaleighs and 'Steamboat' by AdriAnne Lenker.

It really depends on the character or the scene. I like to listen to music when I need to get inspired. If I get stuck in the middle of a post with nothing else to write, I fire up a playlist. It could really be anything from classical to heavy metal.

I agree that songs help you to stay in character. Like the lyrics could convey thoughts or emotions that you're character is currently having. It could also portray instances, for example, the character is going through a bad break-up or is just pissed off that they missed the last bus of the night.

No. I find that playing a song while writing is very distracting. I do not need a song or anything to put me in a mood to play a certain character so a song only serves to annoy me while I am concentrating.

sometimes, i do, and it's usually the neighbordhood, lana del rey, or bts. but sometimes, listening to music just annoys me, especially if i'm writing. usually, it's because of the lyrics, and i can't focus on writing because of them. in that case, i'll listen to lofi music, such as inlovewithaghost.

i definitely do, i make playlists for most of my well established characters and its loads of fun !! helps me keep my inspiration and just makes it generally more fun to write + gives a better flow. for one character, i almost exclusively listen to the scott pilgrim vs. the world soundtrack just cause of her spunky nature and love for garage music. my usual favorites tho in general are lemonade by the buttertones, and maybe something adventurous like lionhearted by porter robinson.

I definitely do. I have a certain playlist that, for whatever reason, really sparks my creativity, and I find it's a lot easier to write while listening to it. Also, my work always seems to be just a tad bit better whenever I listen to my playlist, but that's just my opinion.

I usually listen to my regular playlist or whatever music CD I recently bought (yeah those are shockingly still a thing), but sometimes when I feel like I need a bit more inspiration I pop up some rather specific songs, artists or genres, like Shirobon is perfect when writing Sci-Fi, at least cyberpunk, and Madonna got Songs for any situation surprisingly enough.

If I did this right, this is the playlist I normally listen to while RPing. It's on spotify, and I named it 'The Big Screen'. Songs from movies, musicals, TV shows, Disney, etc. It's my favorite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back