• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Baphomet is cute!

• Total voters

Baphomet

Baphomet
Heyo! I am Baphomet! Ta-da! Be impressed! ... Ahem. Anyways. You can check out the about me in my profile. It'll tell you a bit about me, including a writing sample, and rules/requirements I may or may not have. Not a comprehensive list, I think. It's hard to know when you don't know everything. But please read it. If you don't, I will be sad. You don't want to make the all-mighty Baphomet sad, now, do you?

Anyways, on to the fun bits. For those who have difficulty reading, as per the title, I am seeking a slice-of-life-ish RP. It will also have romance. It can be anything from slow burn to already together partners in love. I will have various genres, ideas and plots listed below. Peruse at your leisure. I'm not looking to take on too many partners. I will do my best to try to keep up with making sure this thread is closed when I'm full, but I may make mistakes, or forget, sorry if that happens.

I don't have specific preferences to which character I play in the RP, their gender, or the pairing we have. So, whatever you like most is generally going to be good with me! Though I may end up having more specific feelings as we develop stories together.

Sci-Fi:
We live on an asteroid, or maybe a large, rock-like planet. Like Pluto, before it got downgraded from a planet. There's a decently large, bustling community. We are average denizens. Maybe shop owners, or traveling merchants, or any number of professions. Our planet is on the outskirts of civilization, so we don't have much support when pirates decide to come raiding. We have a dedicated security force. They are quite effective, and have thwarted every attack so far, and likely will for the foreseeable future. That doesn't mean there aren't casualties, stolen goods or destroyed homes. Not to mention all the other hardships with living on a rock with no natural water, plants or animals, relying on goods being delivered.

High-Fantasy:
Magic is abundant. It's everywhere. Everyone uses it. It's as common as the air we breathe. Magic is also necessary for much of basic living.

Our characters will live on different worlds. We will have some reason for regular travel between them. This is an easy feat due to magic. Creating a portal to other worlds is a rather mundane activity. Some can create their own, though most use portal services, much like one would use the subway.

For this one, I think it'd be cool if we already had an established relationship. Maybe not full on romantic just yet, but maybe so. We can bring in conflict in various ways, one of the biggest is by having something go wrong with the portal services, leading our characters, who normally can't create their own portals, to have to do stuff in order to find a way to each other.

Low-Fantasy:
There's a war. One of us is a standard, front-line soldier. Nothing like the super-skilled, elite main characters of many stories. Just a regular bloke. They get injured often, as many do, in this gruesome war. This will be dark and gritty. The other will be a healer. This is how the bulk of their interactions will go. At least at first.

Magic exists. It does not permeate everything. No one can use magic. It can be imbued in objects. These objects are extremely valuable. They can be attuned to people, which means stealing magical objects isn't very lucrative, outside of being a tactical advantage. The soldier will have a few weapons and tools imbued with magic for various purposes. Likewise, the healer will also have a variety of tools for their profession.

Occult:
I don't have any particular ideas for this one, but, I love the occult. Though I am no expert. I know I'm Baphomet! Don't judge! :'(

We can do something where we are witches, or demon summoners, or just dealing with the horrors of the occult. It doesn't have to be dark and gritty, but that's what I tend to think of. Perhaps we fight horrors, or investigate stuff, or just live out our lives with the occult as part of the natural order of things. I dunno, we can work on it together. :)

Clockwork:
This is more on the modern/realistic side of things. One person is a human, the other is a machine. They work together as a special, unique task force for the police. They are just starting out their partnership. I think it'd be cool if the human was skeptical at first, while the machine had to learn to deal with humanity.

Modern:
This is a school setting. I know it's not for everyone, but I love school settings. College, specifically. A great way to allow different personalities that wouldn't normally interact to, well, interact. We are both gifted in different fields. Despite our differences, we end up respecting the other for their prowess in their respective areas.

I'm sure there's many more things I'm interested in, but these are what I have for now. If it's slice-of-life and has romance in it, feel free to suggest something!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back