Chitchat Do you have any Allergies?

I am actually quite lucky in that department, I have no major allergies (I have naturally horrible skin and bad teeth, plus a few other things, but no major allergies), only a mild reaction to dust.

I am allergic to soy, casein (milk protein), mushrooms, chicken egg whites, many vegetables, wheat, rye, oats, spelt, barley, dog hairs, cat hairs, birch pollen and a whole plethora of other things.
Basically I am allergic to most plant protein. And for vegans, it is virtually impossible for me to live on a vegan diet as I cant eat large amounts of nuts or beans and need meat to get sufficient protein. Because of this, my diet usually consists of meat and applesauce or berries. Occasionally I eat buckwheat (it isnt a grain but a pseudograin) cereal for breakfast. My milk replacement is usually cashew milk. I can have yams and cassava and occasionally make fufu (like mashed taters, just with yams/maniok/cassava and plantains instead). I get stomach cramps from potatoes. Bread and pasta I eat are usually made from buckwheat or rice flour.

I also have the problem that most painkillers and "antibiotics" dont work on me. Otherwise with except of IgE being 40 times higher than it should be, I have pretty low cholesterol (40 HDL/32 LDL) and mostly normal values in my blood tests. I am not allowed to donate blood because the high amount of IgE in it can give people moderate to severe allergic reactions. Basically, a lot is messed up with my body.

I have seasonal allergies, but I'm also allergic to latex. I can't touch it or be near it without my skin breaking out. It's the only allergy I forget I have because I'm around so many latex free products?
But this summer I bought elf ears at a local faire and had them put some on my ears. Apparently the skin adhesive they used had latex in it. I had to go to my car and take my allergy meds on hand to help deal with the burning sensation going down my neck lol

I'm allergic to like... everything
Okay not everything lol, but a lot of things. I have asthma that will sometimes randomly act up even when I can't tell what in the world is making it act up in the first place. I'm allergic to a decent amount of things outside, and also a lot of synthetic stuff - detergents, perfumes, soaps, anything you can think of. I have to use natural versions of everything (as long as I'm not allergic to those natural things too), it's so annoying... especially since 90% of the people I know use synthetic perfumes, making it painful to even be around them. Makes me feel like I can't even go in public sometimes without getting ill :/
I'm also sensitive to artificial dyes in food, and everything I've eaten with high fructose corn syrup in it gives me a headache for some reason. I'm that annoying person that has to obsessively read ingredient labels. Yeah I hate it, but I don't wanna get sick.
My absolute worst allergy is cats though. Can't even be around them for ten minutes without my entire body swelling up, everything (especially my eyes) being insufferably itchy and swelling shut, and it gets incredibly difficult to breathe. I stay well away from any and all cats.

Last edited:
None that I've found yet! Never been stung by a bee though, so who knows?

I've apparently recently become pretty badly allergic to mosquito bites. Which I didn't even know was possible? The last time I got bit, it was so bad I almost considered going to the hospital.

Luckily this is only a problem in the summer, though.

allergic to strawberries -- which is fine, because i actually don't care for them all that much anyway!

also, not necessarily due to an allergy, but i can't drink coffee ( decaf is okay but only in small amounts ).

Probably doesn't count as an allergy but I always keep sneezing when at primary school that my mother joked that I was 'allergic to school'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back