• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Do you have an Open RP section here?

Susan Scuro

I was wondering if you can post an rp open for anyone to respond to like on some sites, or if you have to make connections with people first?

If your asking like as a rule based question than both ways are fine. You can post a open/public roleplay in the relevant section or you can post an interest check first. As far as I'm aware there is no rule stating you must create an interest check for a roleplay.

It does but as I understood the question it was more of a rule type question. Like what are the rules for roleplays. And as far as I know there is no set rule that states you have to make an interest check. I does help but it's not like a hard requirement. If you don't have one than your not breaking any rules or doing anything wrong.

On some other sites, an open roleplay means that one member posts the starting post for a roleplay and then they partner with the first person to reply. It's sometimes a faster way of finding partners than making a request thread and I'm pretty sure that was/is what Susan Scuro was asking about.

RPN doesn't really have a system set up for members to do this, though. I think she was essentially asking whether or not there was a system for rps that work like that and there isn't.

It's not against the rules to post an intro post and say that whoever replies first gets to write with you, but something like that doesn't tend to work the best when the site doesn't have a system for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back