Viewpoint Do you ever play the opposite gender? Do you prefer it?

I’m a dirty female only player. The funny thing is though my side characters are often pretty mixed and they end up being more interesting than my F main character. I guess I’ve just been in a comfort zone for so long.

I don't know - I feel like I play female characters more instead of male characters, but that's probably due to personal preference. I don't think I'm doing awfully at it either.

For whatever reason I always play as my opposite gender. I don’t do well as my same gender. Maybe because I feel more one way then another. But I will play as much gender if it’s the same sex romance. I’m very weird

i play whatever gender floats my boat the time, male, woman, genderfluid, agender, rping as different genders is always fun and inspiring

Formerly, I used to strictly write as my gender - being young and dumb, I was uncomfortable with the writing unknown and stayed within what was familiar. Though after a while, I opened up. I currently write as just about anything:

- male
- female
- non-binary
- and beyond

I tend to write female, as I am, so it's more comfortable but I enjoy writing for the opposite gender and will rp either to help balance out numbers. Though it usually depends on the character idea I get rather than me specifically going one way.

It really depends on the character I want to play and the story I'm a part of. I have no real preference but I tend to make and play more male characters.

It depends on how I'm feeling at a time, but yeah, I play the opposite gender. If it will benefit the story, I'll gladly play whatever fits the story.

Y'know, I used to only RP my gender. Very focused on the idea that my character was special and I wanted to live through them.

At some point it just wasn't interesting anymore. It was more fun to write all kinds of characters and see where they end up. Only playing your gender also proved to hinder my ability to RP because so many are looking for that one partner to play that one gender, and I realized I wasn't doing the RP population any good to be a part of that.

Regardless, I think playing Dungeons and Dragons helped me develop my RPing preferences more, and reading books with more character development. Became a GM to some of my own RPs, but haven't done that in a long while.

I play both genders but lately I'm only interested in playing females. I typically do male x male roleplays and I've been in a dire need of a break from them.

I enjoy playing all genders, including nonbinary ones, but also love playing crossdressers. I definitely have a preference for playing male characters though.

I used to only role play as female characters when I first started out, but now the gender of the character is irrelevant to me. I’m open with playing any gender! ^^

I generally prefer to play male characters as my main characters, but I love playing non-binary characters or also non-heteronormative LGBT males too when I can.

I can play any race, gender, sexuality, etc though if I need to, and especially I enjoy having diverse side characters.

I do not mind portraying any gender, but if it is of a non-male gender it has to be the right character and I am generally very...careful/ self-conscious about how I try to portray that gender.

Only as NPCS, if necessary. I identify very strongly as the gender that I am and roleplaying mains other than that feels out of place and uncomfortable.

I'm not stranger to roleplaying as the opposite gender. I believe as a writer in general, it is very important to grasp the technique and style of each gender/sex, other than your own. It can be a learning and cool experience! I can play all genders fairly well since before rping, I always wrote books a lot with a diverse amount of characters :)

Yep. The vast majority of my characters are male; I'm a woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back