Chitchat Do you ever just . . .

Dutch

Ta Reine
Ever stay up till 3:30 am writing a roleplay because for some damn reason you're hella inspired? Well I sure have and I feel like I should go to bed, but I've been trying to get myself to write an RP out for the last week. So I can't really complain that I finally have the brainpower enough to put something together, as basic as it is, but DAMN am I going to regret this when I wake up . . . and on Monday when I gotta get up early.

I seem to always have tons of ideas late at night or super early in the morning. It's very difficult to capitalize on them when you're supposed to be in bed because life demands our full attention, and being tired makes things even harder. At least you're capturing your idea and not letting it get lost! That's really good 👍

Yeah I have a few more days off before I gotta go back to work. So taking my self indulgent late nights and I'll deal with it later. I think I'll either stay up all night or drug myself tomorrow night to sleep on time since I have a start up meeting monday.

BLAZE IT!!! (sorry 420 as I write this post)

Man me too, but never get to stay up past 1 am. This is a rare chance for me. Summer generally is when I get to stay up late, usually I'm off work for 2 months. Not this year but I took a week off, spent half of it sick and the other pissing around idealess.

Tonight however, with an empty house, I guess I decided TIME TO WRITE THIS RP. It has nothing to do with my OG idea, which okay fine brain, but it's nice to be bullshitting out an idea that I think MAY actually attract people . . . if they can get over where it's being hosted! >D

Maybe not the whole night, but I used to stay up late to write a rp reply or discuss something about roleplays. My body never thanked me for it though because I usually wake up around 6-7 am even on weekends, and having 4 hours of sleep is too little for me.
So to keep suffering to a minimum, if I find myself super inspired late at night I just take notes of what I want to write, so that I don't forget the idea in the morning.

Onmyoji Onmyoji Yes I generally have a similar wake up time. I try to jot down notes when I can, but often I simply don't. Usually if the ideas strong enough I remember in the morning. It's getting and keeping the drive to write it the next day during normal waking hours that I find the hardest part.

No idea why 10pm and later is my inspiration hour, but it is and I hate it most times.

I HAVEN'T STAYED UP ALL NIGHT IN YEARS. THIS IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way I can present this RP today either. I am scared the mistakes I will find in a day or two when I look it over proper. Gosh.

I have no bacon but I guess I can make eggs and tea for breakfast . . . rereading will be a problem as I am tired and can't really identify my errors . . .

I once genuinely fell asleep at work because I went to bed at like 1 am because of roleplaying. That might not sound too impressive, but I had to get up at 5 am and running on four hours of sleep wasn't fun.

EDIT: Less than four hours of sleep because it took me a while to actually fall asleep due to the excitement, haha.

A friend of mine and I have found that inspiration strikes both of us when we are sleep deprived, or we'll wake up randomly in the middle of the night with an idea, gotta love it when your subconscious works on something while you sleep. Unfortunately, for me I'm wide awake then, and write down my idea my friend does the same but she can fall back to sleep, the lucky duck. I dont know why it works that way it just does and I am then groggy the next day but happy the Muses graced me with their presence.

Damn. I wish I was able to just sit down and write long into the night. To have that level of inspiration sounds amazing.

i can relate to that, in the way of either one of these.

a. somehow taking 15 minutes to write about a 2 paged long response to an RP.

b. writing some dumb crap at 3 in the morning, which i sometimes do.

c. accidentally stay up all night building an awesome looking building that functions both as a mob grinder but also as a bulk storage system, AFK fish farm, super smelter, and a shulker box shoppe, along with the actual building looking soo good.

yes, absolutely. i live in europe and most of the times have completely different time zones than my partners, and they tend to be online when it’s late as hell for me. if i get really insipired and excited, i can stay up for hours just because i wanna write.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back