Other do you ever get mistaken for another age?

My ten year old cousins are taller than me and I'm in my twenties :'] So ye, I get mistaken as a child constantly.

I am an junior in highschool yet people often mistake as younger due to my height, 5'1 is normal.

I'm twenty-four and I always get mistaken for sixteen years old. I swear it's my babyface.

I'm always asked for an ID even when buying cough medicine or a grabbing a package that requires a signature for someone over eighteen. Once had an Amazon driver asked if "my parents were home", lol. That one was just a little awkward.

All the time. It's usually an age far lower than my actual one but I put that up to my playfullness, carefree nerd fashion sense maybe a smidge to being baby faced.
Getting ID'd for lottery tickets at 30+ isn't as embarrassing as it used to be.

I think I age backwards XD When I was younger, I used to pass as being a bit older and got away with stuff. Now- people say I look younger than I am do the my face. Little do they know that I am 20 and NOT 16-17. It's a struggle dealing with people treating me like a child.

Oh yeah,, mostly online people think i’m 15-17 just because my art,, i have fun surprising them that I’m actually 13 sometimes.

Oh yeah,, mostly online people think i’m 15-17 just because my art,, i have fun surprising them that I’m actually 13 sometimes.
Also on VC while I play games n’ stuff people think I’m a guy because of my voice, one time this kid was like “there’s no way you’re a girl!” because i talked about Greek mythology.

I apparently still look 17 even though I am 22 (soon to be 23).... 🤠

Yes! I've always been accused of being younger than I am. At the start of the pandemic, when we were all wearing masks, I was always asked to show ID. Not that I'm complaining. It's nice to hear, "You're HOW old? No way!" Though I admit, it was a pain when I turned 18 and forgot my ID at home, so I couldn't celebrate my 18th birthday in a club as planned. Everyone thought I was 15.

Depending on if I've shaved or not I can get mistaken between 14-17. I constantly get asked by my coworkers when I'm going to graduate. My nephew looks older than me and he just started high school. I'm 24. The perks of being a trans man is permanent baby face I guess.

I've been a teacher for 7 years. I still get yelled at by the janitors afterschool. "Go home! No students in the building!!" :-_-lines: There has also been several times where I will go to a club with my friends, but I'm the only one that gets carded. Sometimes they insist my ID is fake.

people think i'm a lot older than i actually am because of the stuff i like. i'm a freshman in high school, but people usually assume i'm around 16-17 because of the stuff i like.

i am a very political person offline and spend tons of time reading theory and listening to political music (Dog Park Dissidents, Riot Grrl, stuff like that) and i've been mistaken for a junior multiple times just because i'm class conscious and didn't mistake it for a spiritual awakening lol

it's not age guys, it's autism ‼️

My coworkers all thought I was in my mid 30s when I was 23 and I doubt I'll ever recover from that emotionally.

In college I'm continuously told I look 16, while I'm actually 25.

Not exactly confused, but friends compare me to a senior citizen due to my slow methodical mannerisms. I don't see it to be honest.

A lot of people have told me that I look like I'm in my late teenage years, I'm 23 XD
But honestly I'm kinda baby-faced so I see why they'd assume that it's sad akdkjffj

People say I look like Jennifer Coolidge. I hate it so much. I've never had plastic surgery and I'm only 33!

I'm 22 and constantly getting mistaken as a highschooler. Just today a guy stopped my fiance and I as we were leaving the library to ask if we were under 18.
It's gotten me out of trouble a lot of times, though. I was homeless with my dad for a bit and it was so often he'd end up getting the police called on us and they'd ALWAYS treat me like a dainty little flower bc they thought I was 12 when I was 19, lol.

When I was younger people would mistake me for being my sister's older sibling. (Even though we have a seven-year age difference). And now people mistake me for being about 16 even though I am 24. 😂

Most people think that I am in my teens but I'm 26 😢

So I'm Asian (Chinese and Korean to be specific) and a very common thing for Asian people is for us to look super young despite being an adult. I'm 23 years old but constantly and I mean CONSTANTLY mistaken for being 15/16.
One side of me is like, "Eyy, I look young lets goooo" and the other part of me is like "I hate looking like a child." XDXD

I get mistaken for a teen and being the youngest sibling when I'm the middle child. Doesn't help that I've got a baby face and am shorter than yoda (exaggeration).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back