Other do you ever get mistaken for another age?

People think I'm way younger than I am. People ask me how old I am and I tell them I'm 20 and it blows their mind. It's been like that for as long as I can remember. It'll pay off when I'm older and I want to be young but for now its just mildly annoying.

Physically, I look my age. Online, people always think I’m older. I guess, I’m just more curious about older media than the newer ones.

Definitely, I’m in my teens but I have been mistaken multiple times for being in my mid twenties since I look so much older.

I'm super short (4'6), so getting mistaken for a 12 year old is my LIFE. I'm mid-30's.

I have had people assume I was my kids' big sister, or once they assumed my daughter was a doll.

How awkward is it to talk to my kid in public and be told that I'll make a good mom someday.

Once I went to an urgent care clinic for a foot injury and the doctor was super concerned about how I gave birth to my baby??? I'm not sure if he thought I stole him or what, but he asked for my OB's name and everything.

If you mean online, it has happened to me before. I've had people tell me I have the personality of someone who is in their early 20s. Of course, this was back when I was a little younger like 28ish; I am 30 as of this year.

In real life, I hadn't been mistaken for my age roughly for a few years now. I do vividly remember this one time when I was 26 or so when this Wal-Mart cashier actually asked me for my ID when I was trying to purchase some alcohol. Suffice to say, I was both offended and flattered. Alas, that was the last time that has ever happened to me.

Nowadays, on here, people just call me Grandpa Way (affectionately ofc). 😂

I'm super short (4'6), so getting mistaken for a 12 year old is my LIFE. I'm mid-30's.

I have had people assume I was my kids' big sister, or once they assumed my daughter was a doll.

How awkward is it to talk to my kid in public and be told that I'll make a good mom someday.

Once I went to an urgent care clinic for a foot injury and the doctor was super concerned about how I gave birth to my baby??? I'm not sure if he thought I stole him or what, but he asked for my OB's name and everything.
I'm 4'10" and also look and sound super young so I know the struggle of being mistaken for someone much younger.

Yes I do, usually it's younger and that's by the majority of people I meet which is fine go ahead and say I'm 10 years younger, or older it typically doesn't matter that much...except when I had a cashier ask if it was a fake ID. No it wasn't I'm 32 and the ID in question was my driver's license which was out of state which caused the confusion the manager got it all sorted and I was able to get the bottle of wine for the party after a short delay.

I am a minor, but ironically, if I don't tell people I'm a minor, they think I'm over 20. However, I make sure to tell everyone I talk to in PM's. (:

All the time.

I was blessed with good genes and I look like I'm in my early to mid-20's despite being in my early 30's.

It won't last, sadly. But for now, I'll take it.

Also I act like a child a lot because I'm a low-key comedic genius in live social situations. So sometimes people think I'm a toddler in a grown man's body. Lol.

Cheers!

~ GojiBean

In my behavior, particularly when people can't see me (either due to online or facemask use) people think I am older than what I really am. I am 30 but have much more in common with older folks than me, at least with regards to how I act and talk.

But my appearance is pretty youthful for my age, and I am usually presumed to be in my early- to mid-twenties. I'll take it, haha!

I remember a third grader thought I was 40.

As an 18 year old, I've never felt more insulted.

Sometimes I get asked what school I go to. So I think "Oh college?" and then they get surprised because they meant high school 💀

Oh I constantly get mistaken for being younger then my actual age. It's a family thing for the same thing happens to other members of my family lol. Like once when my mom was in her 40s, she was buying beer for Superbowl and the cashier asked for her ID and was shocked because he thought she was underage lol. 5 years ago, someone took me for being 20 years younger when I did karaoke at an Autism event and someone came up to me saying they had a camp for Teenagers who could sing or play instruments. She was shocked when she learned I was in my 30s hahaha. I am not currently 40 and people are still shocked because of my voice. No one in my family ever looks their age until they reach their mid-60s. Like my dad is slowly starting to look his age (he's got grey facial hair now), but my mom doesn't since she still has her blonde hair and very few wrinkles.

At work lately people have been asking my age and then they're surprised when I tell them. I guess a lot of the people asking had assumed that I was the same age as them or at least very close. The difference was about 4-5 years.

A few high schoolers at my job got incredibly confused a few weeks ago when I told them about how a certain type of alcohol (Seagrams) was actually a lot weaker than they thought it might be and that I've drank several bottles without getting drunk.

I am 24 years old. They thought I was just barely 18. Being 5'2 will do that to you.

Oh yeah a bunch of times in both ways some have mistaken me to be younger and some have mistaken me to be older I have a lot of funny stories surrounding it

On online a lot of people think I am older than what I truly am, because in real life I have talked t too many adults so I adapted to a way of speaking like an adult, so I may seem older by a few years, but I am still a minor.

While once, it was funny, because, once (In the past) when I was doing a boat tour of a military or something, a man suddenly asked my age and as a minor I have no clue why he was asking so I just told him my age he kept his suprised face hidden real well but he repeated saying my age twice, and then I later asked my mom why he asked me about my age and she told me that he was recruiting for young people, and as a minor I was shocked because I still have a quite a few years still I become an adult.

So I just assumed I had an adult like face but this only happened when I was in my mom’s hometown but when I am in America, people think I am younger than I am because of my overly high voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back