Other do you ever get mistaken for another age?

Not as much anymore, though people do put a bit younger than I am.

Though, I think the worst case of this was when I was 14. Went on a family vacation where everyone there thought I was 25+ and thought my older brother and I (he’s 6 years older than me) were newly weds…to this day, I don’t understand. Yes, I was tall (hit, 5’11” by 13), but seriously, I did not look 10+ years older than I was lol. Could have gotten crazy drunk on that trip too with the number of drinks I was offered. My parents are lucky I’ve always been a scaredy-cat xD

Not as much anymore. I've had a long history of looking older then I was. In elementary, I was often mistaken as a middle schooler [and sometimes high schooler]. I was starting to get facial hair at 12 and could grow a decent beard at 14. So that didn't help. But its kind of a family thing, as odd as that sounds. All the men in my family look old when they are young, but they also like 'stop aging'.

I've looked like I was in my late twenties, early thirties since junior year in highschool. I have looked the same since. Going by the trend, I'll look the same in twenty years just with some grey. So that is nice, I suppose.

So about a year ago, I had new neighbors move in. Like the social butterfly I try to be, I saw them outside in their back yard at one point and I introduced myself. It was a couple and their three kids, they were about 7, 10 and 12 (all lovely little girls). Well, from that moment forward the two eldest girls took a special interest in me- whenever I was out with my dog they would want to chat. And at one point they asked if I could go over for a sleepover- to which I awkwardly replied "you should probably ask your parents about that", and which they promptly replied "How old are you?" to which I said "21" and they kind of reeled back for a second and went "Oh I thought you were 12"

Needless to say they stopped talking to me lmao. And yes I've had people come to the door and ask if my parents were home OTL

I'm not so sure about now, but I've always been taller, so growing up, people always assumed I was older. When I was in elementary, I was often assumed to be in middle or even high school. Definitely in middle school, people thought I was in high school. And in high school, sometimes people, usually outside of school, thought I was an adult or even a teacher. Now, I would say people tend to think I look younger and don't guess older than I really am.

If I'm by myself, I'll occasionally get ID'd for alcohol still. It's very, very flattering.

If I'm with my kids. Nope, no questions asked. The store clerks basically throw it at me XD

So I am a 20+ male, and I actually do have a slightly chubby body, (Basically a bear body. Chub + Muscle), and, online, (VRChat), this one guy thought I was a 12 Year old girl based on voice alone. And I was just like,

"How do you know what a 12-Year old girl sounds like???"

there really is no inbetween.

sometimes people think im 16 because i dress very alternative, but i mean. come on. adults can dress that way, too. other times people think im 30.

help.

Literally all of the time online!! I'm generally seen as a very young-spirited person, which I am still pretty young, I'm in my late 20s (25 to be exact 😌✨), but, when I'm online, I'm constantly mistaken for a teenager. I honestly can't tell if that's a compliment or insult XDXD

Literally all of the time online!! I'm generally seen as a very young-spirited person, which I am still pretty young, I'm in my late 20s (25 to be exact 😌✨), but, when I'm online, I'm constantly mistaken for a teenager. I honestly can't tell if that's a compliment or insult XDXD
That actually happens a lot to me. I'm not a fan of trying to speak fancy to prove age or experience, so I get mistaken as being a teen or even younger when people first meet me. I personally don't like talking about my age as I'm self-conscious about it and it makes people look at me different, but I at least make it public that I'm a university student. Wouldn't want people getting the wrong idea, you know.

That actually happens a lot to me. I'm not a fan of trying to speak fancy to prove age or experience, so I get mistaken as being a teen or even younger when people first meet me. I personally don't like talking about my age as I'm self-conscious about it and it makes people look at me different, but I at least make it public that I'm a university student. Wouldn't want people getting the wrong idea, you know.
Welcome to the constantly-getting-mistaken-for-a-teen club! We got cookies and tea 😌✨

I've found that people often assume I'm older than I actually am on the internet. I just turned 22 a few days ago, but I've had quite a few people assume I was in my mid/late 20s. Even years back this was the case, where I revealed to a group that I was 16, and many thought I was in the 18-22 range lol

I'm 23, but I often get mistaken as a teenager. One time I went to a store, and one of the employees told me where back to school supplies were being sold. I wasn't entirely sure how to feel about it at the time it happened, but now all I feel is amused.

Was that mints who did that? She seems to think anyone with a lower voice is an adult already.

But then who was it who recently thought I was 22 Sid...? I'm not complaining, it's actually more of a brag 😁

... which ppl? Lol I assume rl, sorry bun I've never thought you were any older than 16 from online interactions anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back